233 Hanover St.
Boston, MA 02113Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.trescanorthend.com/
- Phone: (617) 742-8240
- Hours of Operation:
Open Sunday for Brunch from 11am till 3PM, Dinner is available nightly from 5:00pm till 10:30pm and till 11:30pm Friday and Saturday. The full bar closes at midnight during the week and 12:30am Friday and Saturday.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Mediterranean
- Executive Chef: Jake Pease
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Cafe, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Smoking Area, Wheelchair Access
- Catering: Available for private functions.
- Entertainment: Flat screen TV, CD music
- Special Events: The perfect romantic setting for an engagement party, rehearsal dinner or cozy intimate wedding. For an exceptional birthday cake or anniversary cake please call in advance and make arrangements.
- Cross Street: Cross St.
- Public Transit: Haymarket, TD Banknorth Garden
- Parking: Valet
- Parking Details: Restaurant validates for parking at local Haymarket garage. $3 for first three hours standard after three hours. Please call for directions to garage. Five minute walk to restaurant.
Valet parking is available. Look for Exclusive Valet sign; the valet space is next to the restaurant.
A word from Tresca
Tresca is an authentic Italian restaurant featuring hearty multi-regional cuisine with an exceptional wine cellar, offering a selection of over 500 of the finest vintages. Recent winner of the 'Wine Spectator' award of excellence. The warm captivating atmosphere and fireplace lit dining rooms capture the feeling of being in villa in Tuscany. The service is exceptional and the menu remarkable, a true dining experience.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Tresca reviews from OpenTable diners
115 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (66)romantic (59)notable wine list (47)fit for foodies (46)neighborhood gem (44)good for groups (35)scenic view (18)hot spot (18)great for brunch (11)late-night find (8)vibrant bar scene (8)great for lunch (6)kid-friendly (5)great for outdoor dining (3)Show More
- ExcellentBourqueDined on 11/11/2014My out of state guests were very impressed food service and atmosphere over the topSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not BadGuidoDined on 11/11/2014The Food was good. It is a little over priced but worth it for the ambiance. With so many great choices on Hanover street I would try somewhere else next time.Special Features:
- TDCupcakesDined on 11/8/2014We went for dinner on Saturday night before Comics Come Home at the Garden and had an excellent experience. We had made 6pm reservations and due to traffic from an accident, we were just not going to make it. I called and they said they would hold our reservation for us until 6:30 which was fabulous. We were asked if we wanted to check our coats and were seated promptly. The wine list was amazing, a little bit of everything and the menu was also very diverse. We ordered arancini to start and I had a half portion of the bolognese and he had the carbonara. Wow! This food just blew it out of the water! The arancini was light and flavorful and both main dishes were absolutely outstanding. Service was excellent and we will definitely be back!Special Features:
- Delish!AbanannaDined on 11/8/2014The good was amazing. Pastas were great but the hot at our table was the pork chop. Top notch! Service was awesome and Eric recommended an amazing and affordable bottle of wine!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice place for brunchPLLLLVIPDined on 11/2/2014Went here for Sunday brunch. Got seated right away and we were lucky to sit right in front of the fire place! Cozy and nice, but nothing fancy.Special Features:
- Overall good experienceFrenchieVIPDined on 10/26/2014The meat dishes were excellent (ribs and chicken). The pasta were the epitome of al dente. Two persons in our party ordered the same plate, one small and one large, and both portions seemed to offer the exact same amount of food, in different-sized plates - this isn't an exaggeration, we were all very disappointed about that. However, the wine and the desserts we ordered were delicious.Special Features:
- Fine but average ItalianOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/24/2014The reviews for Tresca conveyed a better than average north end restaurant. We found it to be average but priced as above average. A few dishes were good (the pasta far diavolo and the gnocchi) but the others were not as good. Nothing terrible but nothing outstanding. Service was terrific.Special Features:
- good, better options in North EndUpdateVIPDined on 10/23/2014Tresca was a new choice for our "Boys Night Out" though very good this is the North End and when dealing with the best Italian in Boston you have to be on your game. Give it a solid B grade.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Service EverPDRIRADined on 10/17/2014Very accommodating. Started out with table for 12, then 14 and finally 16. Sat upstairs overlooking Hanover Street. Wait staff was all over us. We opted not to go prix fix. Drinks, food order, food delivery, etc. could not have been more timely. Food was terrific. Entire group raved. And this is group for whom noise can be an issue - and it wasn't. Can't wait to go back next time in Boston.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tresca is worth the stop.travelerDined on 10/12/2014Food is excellent as too the service. You accomadated our early arrival and there was never pressure to leave. Staff is professional and knowledgable of the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rare dissapointingSMIAHDined on 10/11/2014Wasn't a good night for the staff. Food and Wine issues.Special Features:
- foodapplewoodDined on 10/10/2014Good but very rich. Would like more healthy dishes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely Italian DinnereastcoaststephDined on 10/6/2014Great food, excellent ambiance- tremendous place for either a night out with the girls, or a date night.Special Features:
- a bit disappointed...TommydawgDined on 9/30/2014Arrived 6:00. Seated promptly. Nice decor, upscale and tuscan looking. Tables well spaced. Restaurant was quite, as there were few other diners there. Apps of arincini balls and antipasta plate. Both tasty & well presented. Served promptly. Two of us ordered the carbonara. First, it was small (confirmed it was the dinner portion). Also, not typical carbonara. Served with a beef-broth-bullion type of sauce, which surprised me. And very salty. Both of us agreed so. Other dishes were also small. No one complained, but no one raved either. Great wine list but server not knowledgeable on wines. Remark was that he "wished wine mgr was there... he knows everything and could help me." Yeah, I wish he were also.Special Features:
- Excellent SpotMainerDined on 9/27/2014Tresca was a great spot for my wife and my 25th wedding anniversary dinner. The food was outstanding and the atmosphere was great. The North End of Boston on a Saturday night is a fun place to be! I would highly recommend Tresca to anyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this place!JonesyVIPDined on 9/24/2014I have hosted client dinners here and have had small intimate dinners and this place really knows service. The food is fantastic and worth the few extra bucks.Special Features:
- Wonderful EveningSpitfireDined on 9/15/2014Family and friends gathered at Tresca for dinner before a concert. The waiter's description of the ingredients and preparation of the selections stimulated our conversation and anticipation. We were not disappointed. The setting sun's shadows and colors outside the open windows made for a surreal setting. We will certainly be back and recommend Tresca strongly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Eagles1Wild1BillDined on 9/15/2014Great North End experience.Do yourself a favor and go to this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TrescaweberlyDined on 9/13/2014Tresca was ready with our table when we arrived. We were seated in the upstairs room which was very full and noisy. Our first experience had been much quieter on the first floor. We enjoyed the tasting menu with the wine pairing. The servers struggled to talk above the noise while explaining our various dishes and the wines that were paired with them. The meal which was extremely filling and satisfying and was not rushed. Plan on a 2 hour feast.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Romanitic DinnerEaterDined on 9/13/2014Wanted something a little more romantic. Heard about Tresca's Arrived a few minutes before reservation, Hostess sat right away. We sat upstairs it was very crowded and bright; so romance was out the door. Order the calamari for app good but had more fried peppers in in than calamari. waiter took our order we asked to space it out food came out quick. the busser took the plate before I was finish. I got the special which was a Buffalo steak at 42.00 and it was fatty with a couple of potatoes on side my husband got sirloin that was on menu and was served with potato and asparagus and was almost $12.00 cheaper and was very good. Servicers were good. Had drink at bar I would go back to bar before I ate in restaurant again.Special Features:
- Excellent DiningMelroseDined on 8/31/2014Very much enjoyed the dining experience. The wait staff was outstanding and very attentive throughout the dinner. Pleasant and accommodating yet not intrusive. Very responsive and polite. Highly recommend the dining experience.Special Features:
- Ajr25Dined on 8/30/2014Really good traditional food. Great service even with crowd.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food in the North EnddabradVIPDined on 8/29/2014The food here was good. It was a bit crazy, due to the fact that we went during restaurant week. It was a bit to dark for my liking and the tables were cramped together. Not sure if I would go back.Special Features:
- Everytime gets betterGPOWDined on 8/24/2014Now my favorite North End Restaurant!! Staff is great. Nice wine list and food is impeccable!!!Special Features:
- Everything was PERFECTWorldTravellerDined on 8/23/2014Food, Wine, Staff.... PERFECT! We had the most wonderful time. We requested a table upstairs and not only did we et a table upstairs but it was by the window. Nice!!!! The staff was friendly and knowledgable. We will defitely return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great dinnerdiningoneDined on 8/22/2014Didnt realize it was restaurant week and had a wonderful meal. Fried oysters, risotto and swordfish $38.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not our best experience at TrescaFoodexplorerDined on 8/22/2014Tresca has been a favorite for a while but this visit was a bit disappointing. To be fair, it was Restaurant Week (called something else now) and they were slammed. We opted to order from the menu rather than the price fixed offering. The pasta dishes we tried (gnocchi, Bolognese & fresh tomato all lacked their usual level of flavor. Our veal was over cooked. Our server was amiable and knowlegable but obviously stretched too thin with his tables spread out around the room. We had pretty much finished our meal before the requested grated cheese arrived. Knowing this was not a normal night we still wanted to introduce an out of town friend to Tresca since we have enjoyed past visits. Our mistake. We'll definitely give Tresca another try.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceHappy2dinersDined on 8/22/2014We had a great dinner during Restaurant Week, and Eric, the wine manager, helped us choose a wonderful bottle of Nero. Would definitely recommend and will be back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always perfect!PZColcapVIPDined on 8/21/2014This is probably our 20th time at Tresca. It's always a great meal, and we love to try it during Dining Out week, as we try items we wouldn't necessarily order on our own. Never disappoints! Loved sitting at the high top table in the bar area and watching the tourists go by. So entertaining!Special Features:
- Didn't wow usluvstxVIPDined on 8/16/2014We went to Tresca with our college daughter on the eve of her start at college. While we appreciated that they seated us right away even though we arrived 15 minutes early, the noise level on the second floor really detracted from our evening. It was very hard to hear each other due to many large parties seated nearby and it was almost impossible to hear the waiter. The food was fine but for the prices, we expected more from the whole experience. There are other North End restaurants that we would return to or try before going back to Tresca.I would recommend this to a friend.
- First Time At Tresca - Will Be BackRIdinerVIPDined on 8/15/2014My wife and I celebrated our 31at wedding anniversary this past weekend and went to Tresca for the first time. From the time we arrived until we left everything was exceptional. Definitely worth the trip .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Italian with finesseCondoCookVIPDined on 8/9/2014We had a large group at a long rectangular table, so it was a bit hard for everyone to converse based on the table configuration, but everyone at the table was talking about how great the food was! We enjoyed several of the appetizers on the menu and a variety of entree orders from pasta to seafood. Everyone left full and satisfied with an evening of good food, friends, and family.Special Features:
- Fabulous!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/9/2014First time there ! Would go back.. Outstanding! AmazingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A seat by the window.JillyDined on 8/8/2014We were given a seat by the window and were able to watch all the crazy stuff going on in the North End, while enjoying a scrumptious meal. We all had a different pasta, in the smaller portion, and it was still too much food. Great hostess, and waiter.Special Features:
- MapilotDined on 8/8/2014excellent meal, reservations right on time, very good service, as always Thank youSpecial Features:
- Great Place For FamilyJohnDined on 8/7/2014I had a wonderful experience at Tresca. The waiters were great and very personable. They treated my family well and delivered on their descriptions of the menu. Tresca is great for larger parties in the north end, as it is one of the restaurants with the most space.Special Features:
- FantasticMaryfDined on 8/7/2014Second time to this restaurant and everything was once again A+. My daughter has multiple food allergies and they were so accommodating. Wonderful food and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Experience at Tresca'sSteveDined on 8/1/2014Tresca's was everything that was advertised and more. The food and service were outstanding and the atmosphere is charming. I highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 958 reviews are from the Tresca reviews archive.
- Great foodLindaDined on 7/20/2014The food was fantastic! Service very attentive. Will visit again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tresca Sat Night Specialmurfusp1Dined on 7/19/2014Went to Tresca on a busy Sat. night and received a great reception form the hostess -she gave us a nice round table upstairs. Alejandro was very attentive when we arrived. We ordered several apps and then main dishes came. Everyone was very pleased. The wine options by the glass was great because we all like different types. We ended the night with the Chocolate Molten cake .. very tasty. Overall a very nice experience.Special Features: