Trapper's Chop House
19308 Cottonwood Drive
Holiday Inn, 4th Floor
Parker, CO 80138Neighborhood:
Highlands Ranch / Lone Tree / Parker
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
Trapper's Chop House
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.trapperschophouse.com/
- Phone: 3032482132
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday 4:30pm - 10:00pm,
Friday - Saturday 4:30pm - 11:00pm
Happy Hour: Monday - Friday 4:30pm - 7:00pm, Friday & Saturday 10pm - Close
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Paul Martin
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Live music Wednesday - Saturday from 6:30pm to 9pm
A word from Trapper's Chop House
Parker’s Finest Steak House®, Trapper’s Chop House, is home to the exclusive Romancing The Stone™ Sear-It-Yourself dining experience. Here, guests are in charge of cooking their entree on an individual 800 degree volcanic rock where every bite is hot and delicious. Veteran Chef Paul Martin has created an all new, versatile gourmet menu for Trapper’s from appetizers to homemade desserts. Rocky Mountain views and a complete wine and mixed drinks selection; nestled atop the Holiday Inn off E470 and Parker Road.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
Trapper's Chop House - Best Restaurants in Highlands Ranch / Lone Tree / Parker ›
Trapper's Chop House reviews from OpenTable diners
75 reviews since May 2, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (54)scenic view (43)romantic (27)neighborhood gem (24)fit for foodies (22)good for groups (16)notable wine list (8)late-night find (8)kid-friendly (6)vibrant bar scene (5)great for brunch (3)hot spot (2)great for lunch (1)Show More
- Outstanding DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/27/2014Service and food was excellent. We went to Trapper's for our anniversary and they exceeded expetations. Excellent drink selection, shrimp appetizer was great, salad was large enough to share, main course was great and desert was complimentary to celebrate our anniversary. Cooking the steak at our table was a fun experience. Also, we were able to bring our 2 month old baby and they were very accomodating. Thankfully, our baby was well behaved. It was great to enjoy a nice meal on our anniversary with our baby.Special Features:
- Not impressedCathiDined on 8/23/2014My friend and I were really looking forward to our dinner at Trapper's. We were so disappointed. Our server Cody was pleasant, but not very attentive. We ordered drinks and it took almost 20 min to receive them. When he brought then he said he would bring some bread, it took far too long for that as well. I had to ask why it was taking so long. Then we got our dinners, mine was cooked well, but my friend's was dry. She didn't want to send it back. Cody never came by to see if our steaks were cooked to our liking, maybe this restaurant does not require this, but they should. When you are paying $40 for a steak, you expect a certain level of service and this place missed the mark. Also, Trapper"s is in desperate need of updating.Special Features:
- FAILMikeEDined on 8/23/2014The food was excellent, as was the location/view. The menu was excellent. However to compete in the fine dining / upscale steakhouse market, you need a professional wait staff. Our waiter acted as if he was smoking marijuana, espacially when 10 minutes after taking our desert order, he came back to take it again. He appeared to be lost, and then explained that he was at the wrong table. Unless the owner hires a competant manager to properly hire and train his staff, this place is doomed. It will be a shame, but there are a lot of restaurants out there that do get it right.
- Great GamedinerelitistDined on 8/23/2014Elk and Bison were outstanding, but was not a fan of the smashed chipolte sweet potatoes. Just to spicey - overwehlmed the meat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food great noise level detractedlillyDined on 8/22/2014The food was excellent the service was good but the room was extremely loud and obnoxious. Need something to soften the sound in the room.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delightful week-night eveningAurorafoodieDined on 8/20/2014Each person in our party of 3 ordered from the Romancing the Stone section of the menu. 2 ordered filet, 1 ordered the Ahi tuna. Everyone loved their food. Chad our server did a great job balancing being attentive & allowing us time to chat. At no time were we made to feel rushed. Both the bar and the restaurant were quite busy for a Wednesday night. Only drawback is acoustics: It's noisy and difficult to have a comfortable conversation.Special Features:
- Food was great!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/19/2014The food and scenic view was awesome. It was my birthday and I'm a foodie. I heard about the experience of cooking yourself at the table and thought it would be fun. I had the buffalo, scallops and shrimp and it was delicious. The only thing I didn't like was the looks. I don't think very many Afro American's go to this restaurant because the staff looked shock to see us and so did the some of the customers. Our waiter was just okay. But I did enjoy the food.Special Features:
- "Evening of Horror"OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/16/2014We arrived at 6:45 PM. It was my wife's birthday and our kids were along. We initially got our drinks then my daughter and her boyfriend arrived a 7:00. They weren't even asked for drinks or acknowledged for a good 15 minutes. The wait just to order our food then get it was awful! We waited a good hour for our dinner to arrive. We didn't even get bread for the table. The waiter kept apologizes after not acknowleding us after 20-30 minutes. The floor manager came over around 8:00 asking how our dinner was, I could have let him have it because he should be aware of how his employees and table were moving. I just said the service was very slow and he act surprised (?). Really??? We did not get out the thr restaurant until 9:00.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/16/2014Pricey but a nice treat for a special occasion. The 'Romancing the Stone' dish is a unique and fun experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently OutstandingLuv2eatDined on 8/15/2014Been here 30+ times and they never disappoint. It's a steakhouse but they have great seafood too. Get a reservation with a table by the fireplace and if you are a steak eater cook your steak on the stone with a side of dipping sauces. If done this way it could be like eating at the Melting Pot, but much better!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food but...Silencer1921Dined on 8/14/2014My only issue is the ventilation is not really good in this place. They have a meal where you sear your own steak on a hot lava rock. Think of it as fondue grill. Problem is that this creates smoke just like a normal grill would and you can see a haze in the restaurant. If you are sensitive to smoke, do not go here. That being said I will go again because the food Is pretty good. I would recommend the game tasting meal on the stone cooking.
- Celebrating at Trapper's Chop HouseRobert456Dined on 8/5/2014I had made a reservation for 6:30 the day of our visit. We arrived approx. 15 minutes early and were promptly seated, which is great because we have had problems with the hostesses before. If you've never been to the restaurant, the place has a beautiful view of the front range. The menu offers unique selections including wild game. Our favorite is the "Romancing the Stone" bonanza. I always get the Buffalo and the Elk with jalapeno cheddar mashed potato's. My wife usually gets the Buffalo and either the shrimp or scallops. They have more to choose from but the Elk is so wonderfully soft and flavorful and the taste of the Buffalo so mild that I never think to order beef or seafood. The service was excellent and the wine list was acceptable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingHappyDined on 8/1/2014We had one of the most fun times we've had as a family in a long time. The food was delicious and so much fun to cook on the 700 degree lava stone. Be prepared before you go that it is a bit pricey, but so worth it for a special occasion. The service was superb and between the five of us we shared two desserts that were fabulous. May have to manufacture another special occasion to go back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best in ParketRickVIPDined on 7/29/2014Always high quality food and great service. A full step above any other place in Parker!Special Features:
- Nice PlaceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/26/2014The only reason this restaurant did not get 5 stars from me was the "romancing the stone" self-cooking menu element. While it is novel it makes the majority of the restaurant smell. The restaurant is nice enough not to need this gimic.Special Features:
- My new favorite place!out2dineDined on 7/21/2014I love the fact that you can order a steak and cook it yourself on your own plate! The food here is great!. The only recommendation is that it gets a little smoky from all the cooking so if 4 are dining, don't sit in the booths, get a table out in the middle.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a nice treatyeppersDined on 7/18/2014One of our favorite restaurants. We always bring family and friends who come to visit from out of town to this restaurant and they always enjoy it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HemyockVIPDined on 7/14/2014Food was not worth the money. Service was extremely slow. We got smoked out by other people cooking their steaks on the hot stone
- Bait and SwitchMizJanieVIPDined on 7/12/2014Went in with a large party based on full page add in the Collrado Horse Show Guide showing 15% off. Twice bar staff told us "no such promo" We were seated ordered and after dinner, waitress says, "No such discount. People have been asking it about since show started." Asked her to talk to manager and he said "No." Nothing was done. Food was fine other than the fact that loaded baked potato was sliced diagonally like a baguette. It was not a fluffy russet potato but something long and skinny and the loaded accoutrements were enough for maybe a third of the potato. Due to discount issue, the experience was ruined.
- Great food, ambiancejfnrnDined on 7/9/2014We go to Trapper's routinely because the food, selection and service is great!Special Features:
- Special Occasion OutcbrarianDined on 7/6/2014This was our first time at Trappers, having seen it from driving E470. The meats were excellent and stone cooking was fun and enjoyable for the family. The weakest point were the vegetables, boring and no taste. Great service. Would return but only for special occasions due to price range.Special Features:
- Very tasty albeit priceyDatenightersDined on 7/5/2014This was mine and my husbands first visit to Trappers. We had a discount coupon so we decided to give it a try. The food and service were both excellent. We both had filet mignon which was served on a hot stone at our table. The food was exactly as described by our waiter and as we had never had this experience before he showed us the best way to cook the steaks to our liking. We will definitely go back but as we paid over $100 for dinner, an appetizer and 1 glass of wine each, it will be special occasion only.Special Features:
- Wonderful atmosphere and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/4/2014This is a great steakhouse in Parker, CO. The atmosphere is very cozy with music in the background. The food was amazing.Special Features:
- NoisyLiveindahoodDined on 7/1/2014We Love this restaurant with the exception that it can be very noisy. This time it was so noisy from a group of 16 people we couldn't carry on a conversation. One couple asked to be moved to another table and the 3 other couples close by were obviously irritated. The party of 16 were simply carrying on conversations across and down the table but the volume got amplified.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/27/2014I was expecting a little more. I was thinking the food would be fabulous and it was not. The service was extra nice however. Another thing I would like to add, the restaurant was rather filled with a greasy, smokey smell. The ventilation seemed weak or something. My husband and I said we will probably not go back.Special Features:
- VicOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/20/2014The hot rock cooking theme is the best thing going for this restaurant. Sitting atop the Holiday Inn on an eastern hill, most of the restaurant has a great view of the valley and far off Rockies. Lighting is subdued, the music was live, and the dining area not overly crowded. The "Romancing The Stone" section is the centerpiece of the menu, and the restaurant, as it should be. Those are the positives. Drawbacks are that the restaurant feels confused, like it doesn't quite know what it wants to be when it grows up. With a half empty dining room, and our reservations we still waited 15 minutes for our table. The windows were dirty, and our waiter distracted. So, great potential, good place currently, and attention to detail needed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mr. & Mrs. EAZSnowBirdsDined on 6/15/2014Food was outstanding. Waiter was great. Buss boys needed some practice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Gem in a Holiday Inn!FoodieGirlDined on 6/14/2014What a perfect place for a unique experience! Trapper's Chop House, located on the top of the Holiday Inn, near E-470 & Parker Rd in Parker, CO is a great place for a special occasion or any night out. Beautifully spacious, with a circular bar, a stage for live music, and floor to ceiling windows for spectacular views, Trapper's ambiance is delightful! Their specialty is steak, but they also offer fish and chicken and salads. Try the "Romancing the Stone" experience if you have a steak; a lava rock plate is brought to your table so you can cook your steak to your preference. For dessert, try a carrot cake or Almond Joy martini!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/14/2014We had a wonderful anniversary dinner at Trappers. Great food, our waitress was charming, fun, and efficient. I was surprised to find such a great restaurant with atmosphere in Parker. This is a keeper!Special Features:
- Smell and NoiseTrappersSmokeHouseVIPDined on 6/13/2014Too loud with musician playing and speaker pointed to dinner patrons instead of bar patrons Better air circulation required. Smelled like a BBQ restaurantSpecial Features:
- Almost GreatGreatExpectationsDined on 6/8/2014We've been to Trapper's before and selected it for celebrating our 40th anniversary based on its food, great ambiance and, depending on seating location a great view. The requested seating made at the time of the reservation was ready for us and we were seated and greeted promptly. The menu is varied enough with selections that should appeal to every diner. The Caesar salad and Cream of Jalapeno soup starters were 'very good' and 'excellent' respectively. My wife selected the Steak Oscar which was superb; the steak could be cut with a fork and the sauce was perfectly balanced. My selection was the New York Strip and that's where rating slips. The steak was tough and the vegetables overcooked. All in all a nice experience shy of great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday dinnerbirthdaygirlDined on 6/3/2014We dined at Trapper's Chop House in Parker 6/3/14 with 4 adults & 1 toddler. We have eaten here before with Rotary at the holidays & found the food to be delicious. While the food was still delicious & the portions generous, the service was s-l-o-w. I don't know if it was because we were there fairly early (5.30 reservation) but we waited & waited for someone to come take our order & then we waited & waited for our bill. I had to ask for a booster seat (although I had mentioned needing one in both my reservation & in person); I also had to ask for a children's menu. When we got a server, the service was good it was just that it was slow & we had to wait. Others I know who have been here said the same thing about the service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great visitFrequentDinerVIPDined on 6/1/2014The hostess, Jenelle, was very friendly and greeted us immediately. The drinks came quickly and my wife especially liked the cucumber martini.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Meal!ChrisVIPDined on 5/30/2014I had not been to Trappers for about a year and a half and after my dinner the other night, I am not sure why it took me so long to get back there. We had a great meal and also fantastic service. We did the stone cooking and also had jalapeno cheddar cheese mashed potatoes. it was all delicious. We also had some great cocktails. Will definitely not wait so long to return. Also, they have one of the best bars and will need to stop by for happy hour!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An undiscovered gemDavidtheepicureVIPDined on 5/21/2014Trapper's Chop House is an undiscovered gem. The food is outstanding and the drinks excellent; both compare favorably to the best you can find in the Denver Metro area (or anywhere else I have eaten), the service is attentive but not overwhelming, and the atmosphere warm and inviting. Notably, the prices are somewhat lower than similar restaurants. We will be coming back again and again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/20/2014Fantastic food, exceptional service as always. Unique hot stone preparation of food, every bite is warm and delicious...Highly recommendedSpecial Features:
- Thank you...YayaDined on 5/19/2014This was a special occasion and we were treated great, the wait staff was awesome... Thank you.Special Features:
- Birthday Steak NightOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 5/17/2014We were looking for a good steak and this is 5 mins from home! My husband loved the volcanic stone to cook his steak, the food was excellent. The ambiance could use a little work, the decor and noise levels. If you decorated a bit and improved the privacy of tables a bit that would help reduce the noise and create a more private ambiance. The food will bring us back!!! The only knock is that I indicated it was a birthday and would like dessert brought, but that note from Open Table reservation was not acknowledged.Special Features:
- FoodieOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/17/2014Great food always but service is lacking. The noise level is bad with more than 2 to a table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but...XmasnitesaveVIPDined on 5/11/2014Been to Trappers a few times. Food is always good, steaks are excellent, and a good variety of options overall. One thing that sets Trappers apart from the rest is that you can "cook" your own steaks on a hot stone they bring out. This is where I drop the rating on our last visit. It is not absolutely clear on the menu that you have to ask to have the stone to cook with so when the server says "how you want it cooked" you are most likely to spit out "Medium..." not realizing your getting no stone as a result. Well in this case she didn't ask so we all got cooked steaks and no stones. They were excellent don't get me wrong but this place advertises cooking your own steak they should ask when you order if you want to cook it or them.Special Features: