716 Laurel Street
San Carlos, CA 94070Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.townsc.com/
- Phone: 6505953003x7
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch:Monday - Friday 11:30am - 2:30pm
Monday-Friday - Mid-Day Menu: 2:30pm-5:00pm
Brunch: Saturday - Sunday 10:00am - 2:30pm
Dinner: Monday-Saturday 5:00pm-10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Californian, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Jeremy Cheng
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Town
Town opened in March of 2006. Located in the heart of downtown San Carlos. Town features hand cut steaks & chops, the freshest seafood, local organic produce, hand crafted cocktails, and a wine list with a focus on California, Washington and Oregon wines.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
Town reviews from OpenTable diners
327 reviews since April 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelEnergetic
neighborhood gem (175)special occasion (171)vibrant bar scene (150)hot spot (130)fit for foodies (128)great for lunch (123)good for groups (108)great for outdoor dining (108)great for brunch (106)romantic (74)notable wine list (64)kid-friendly (33)late-night find (32)scenic view (3)Show More
- Excellent lunchFun2eatVIPDined on 8/20/2014We had lunch at Town in San Carlos. Salads and salmon sandwich were excellent. Best French fries, but even better was the service, outstanding.Special Features:
- A Celebration to RememberOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/19/2014We enjoyed the royal treatment when dining at Town for our son's 21st birthday celebration. From the moment we walked in, the hostess Allicia, the bartender, and our server, Jenny, treated us to excellent service, specially printed menus, and over-the-top delectable foods, drinks, and desserts. Seated out front, we enjoyed dishes like the wedge salad, pork chops, skirt steak, and prime rib. The flavors of each dish were popping! The same held true when it came to dessert. The birthday boy was treated to the famous bread pudding, while the rest of us enjoyed a six-layer cake and hot fudge sundae. We are still dreaming of it all! Thank you, Town, for such a wonderful night and for making his birthday one to remember.Special Features:
- An Evening On The TownOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/19/2014This was our first time at the Town and it was worth the weeks wait for a reservation. We arrived a bit early but were promptly seated. The Town is definitely a hot spot and in spite of being very vibrant we were pleased to be able to hold a conversation without yelling. The service was very personable and outside of a timing glitch to start (My Barrel Aged Manhattan came along with my Tomato Bisque) was very efficient. This was a minor glitch as surprisingly the flavors melded quite nicely together and both were delicious. The food overall is very good. The steaks were cooked to perfection. Our only criticism is the 'sides' could use a bit of work. The Mac'n'Cheese and Broccoli were pretty average though my 'Loaded Baked Potato' was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a DelightOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 8/17/2014As frequent diners @ Town, we enjoiy the food, service and professionalism of the staff... This was a dual birthday celebraiton and the once again Town performed to their high standards... A special shout out to Jenny our server for another stellar experience and taking care of our elder mothers and dietary needs... We shall return !!!Special Features:
- Fun for BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/17/2014We have been to Town before but not for Sunday brunch. It was very busy with people sitting at the bar watching the football game and people meeting friends for lunch/brunch. The noise was a vibrant exciting noise that filled the place with the hustle and bustle of having a good time. Country Eggs Benedict were light and tasty. Overall a great Sunday brunch experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner ReviewOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/16/2014Party of 3 for dinner. Bone-in Ribeye was good. Chocolate cake was the star of the night.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 8/16/2014We've been going to this restaurant since they opened - however, in the last few months, the quality of the food has declined.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, slow serviceDjfoodDined on 8/16/2014We've been to town many times and this visit was an anomaly. Our server was nice and efficient and once we had our food she became invisible. She may have been working on to go orders or some other administrative task but we finally had to stop a table busser and ask him to find our server. It took him a long time to find her. Our kids left, walked to Starbucks, got a coffee, came back, and finished the coffee before our check arrived. The food was excellent as always; but being forced to wait for the check (to the point where we talked about just walking out) will ruin even the best meal.
- Best brunchBrunchDined on 8/16/2014Love town! It's a gem on the peninsula and a great place to have brunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good food - wonderful serviceHotspotDined on 8/16/2014The service was excellent. Very crowded, popular place. Fortunately we were seated in back where noise level wasn't as bad so we could have a normal conversation. Loved the foodSpecial Features:
- bcorriganDined on 8/15/2014One of my favorites - great menu, something for everyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/13/2014I've been here for many friends birthdays! The menu is always Amazing and the service is always spectacular! Make reservations, it's soooo worth it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/13/2014This is the first time I did not really enjoy my meal at Town. I ordered the stir fried veggies with chicken. It was very bland, and they did not have brown rice. Disappointing because I have loved most of my other meals here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great spot for lunch!BiotechdinnerDined on 8/13/2014Great spot for lunch on the peninsula! They have a lunch special for 18 dollars that is great! You can choose a starter and an entree. Be sure to get reservations - the plasce gets filled up at noon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food with a special touchDaniGDined on 8/11/2014WE always enjoy going to TOWN because we know the food is of great quality and is always consistent. We love the menu. There is always something for any guest we bring. The passion fruit martini was a huge hit! Loved our waiter. Loved the people watching too! oh and dessert...we would choose to go to TOWN just for the bread pudding!Special Features:
- What a great place!NanaVIPDined on 8/11/2014Every time I go to this restaurant I always have great service. The food is amazing and the bar is fantastic! I love their brunch which is AMAZING! Can not complain!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome RestaurantJaneSDined on 8/9/2014Great steak! Great ambiance! Fantastic desserts! One of my favorite restaurants in the Bay Area - only reason not 5 stars is that it's a bit too noisy.Special Features:
- Excellent foodMistyVIPDined on 8/9/2014The food here was excellent! The rolls and tataki were very tasty, and the steaks were wonderful. The prime rib was a bit overcooked (medium instead of medium rare as ordered), but the baseball cut steak was perfect. Service was sketchy. The servers kept putting food down in front of the wrong people so we had to hand around the plates. We also had to request condiments more than once since the server wouldn't come back after a request was made. And getting water refilled was a challenge. We would go back for the food, but I hope the servers can be more on the ball next time.Special Features:
- wonderful birthday dinnerMickeyVIPDined on 8/6/2014Celebrated a birthday. Dinner was delicious. The waiter was helpful and attentive. Highly recommend Town for all occasions!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First round failfoodie4sureDined on 8/6/2014Ate at Town. My colleague ordered the Halibut which was so over cooked it was like jerky. We had to send it back. When we did the manager was very apologetic, very attentive, and they made it again. They also took the charge for dinner off of the final check. So, I would recommend this restaurant in the end.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunch at TownJudi22reviewsDined on 8/6/2014I had lunch with three family members whom I have not seen in a long time. I asked for their most quiet table and got it. The wait staff were very friendly and efficient and most of all the food was delicious! I had the cobb salad and it was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place for business lunchTravel4FoodDined on 8/6/2014Town is a great place for a business lunch. Quiet enough inside to hear each other without shouting. Nice spacing between tables. Good food. I had the chinese chicken salad which was excellent. Nice variety of non-alcoholic cocktails. I had the DeeDee which is primarily pineapple juice and ginger beer. Interesting flavors and beautifully presented with a large pineapple slice, but I would skip it next time. Too sweet. For dessert we both had the Banana Pound Cake with a caramelized banana, scoop of vanilla ice cream and slice of pound cake with a rum sauce. This was disappointing. The flavor of the sauce wasn't strong enough, so the pound cake was just soggy without much flavor. The caramelized banana and ice cream were good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Has it allRobTomVIPDined on 8/5/2014Another great dinner at Town. You can get dressed up - and have mac n cheese. You can enjoy fine wine with your epic ribs - and have custom-printed Happy Birthday menus for your 10 year old, and waiter who makes a nice fuss over her and brings the most delicious bread pudding with a candle in it when you try to pass on dessert. Thanks again, Town! Pride of San Carlos.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Special OccasionSurpriseDined on 8/4/2014My husband and I went there for our wedding anniversary dinner. We always wanted to try this restaurant. It was perfect for us! Everything was perfect, the atmosphere, the noise level, the food (taste & presentation), and most of all, our service. We started off with the Ahi Tuna Tataki appetizer, + salad greens; my husband had the 20oz Bone-in Ribeye steak, and I had their Prime Rib. The desserts were great too, (although we were too full to finish them). It had a vibrant atmosphere, the noise & energy level was humming around us, yet we could hear our conversation between the two of us (it wasn't loud). Fantastic! We will return again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful brunchDocBDined on 8/3/2014The brunch at Town was phenomenal. We loved it. The service was friendly, attentive, and perfectly timed. The food was divine. We will definitely return to try out more of the menu.Special Features:
- Perfect place for birthdaysFun2DineDined on 8/1/2014Was very impressed with the "custom" menu stating Happy Birthday to our guest at the top of the menu. Complimentary birthday dessert for the guest of honor was amazing! Thank you for making the evening so memorable for our birthday guest!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good RecoverySurfinFanaticDined on 7/31/2014I made reservations for a Thursday evening. Town called to confirm the day prior. When we arrived on time there was some confusion regarding our reservation and it appeared our table was given away. We had to wait about 10 min to resolve. After that the rest of the evening and dining experience was favorable. The prime rib and sides were excellent. Service at the table was prompt, efficient and friendly. Based on the food and table service I would have given it a 4 star. Only reason I gave a 3 was the reservation being fouled up. However, the mistake was handled well and I would return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 7/31/2014Town is a family favorite and every time we go we are never disappointed. The food is always delicious and the service is impeccable. Town is a can't miss place to eat!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TownCoastalDiner655Dined on 7/30/2014Town is a great restaurant for San Carlos, especially if you live in San Carlos. However, if you have to travel any distance it gets an overall "good" rating. I had the seared ahi, perfectly seared (as in barely) very nice sushi grade. My wife had the steak au poivre, she asked for medium, some parts were medium,other parts were very rare. With the steak you get two sides, which were not memorable. The sides are prepared in separate dishes and are delivered when ready, so everything shows up separately, not late, but you end up with 3 dishes for one order. It's like an assembly plant in that regard. Pricing wise, there is no point to travel to San Carlos when you can get a better meal in SF for about the same price point.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun and Energetic!JaneDined on 7/29/2014The cocktails are awesome as is the food! I had the hamburger, my friends had the skirt steak and the halibut - tasty all around.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 7/26/2014Our waitress was outstanding, attentive without being intrusive and very friendly. The bussers were very nice too and packaged leftovers separately! Paid attention to detail. Food was outstanding as well.Special Features:
- Local1955VIPDined on 7/26/2014Another wonderful breakfast at Town. The sugar bacon is the "must have" dish -- had the country benedict - just great. Sat outside and had a great time, while car was in pep boys getting new tires. Sat a little longer and never felt pushed.Special Features:
- LovelyEuphoricsearch4foodVIPDined on 7/23/2014Very nice...from the minute we walked through the door to the time we left was a very pleasant lunch!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Go To TOWN!KarenahDined on 7/22/2014TOWN is simply amazing - steaks, seafood, Mexican, Sushi - they do it all and all perfectly which other restaurannts don't do. Severs are attentive but non- ontrusive, scene is energic, reservations a must for dinner every night of the week. This place us a real hotspot!Special Features:
- Fabu ~OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/20/2014Excellent service and food. A little noisy, but that's just because lots of people love to eat here - as the restaurant well deserves.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/20/2014My husband's steak benedict was great even though the eggs were overcooked. Staff was happy to provide him with another set of eggs that were cooked perfectly. Our server was prompt refilling the bottomless mimosas. Their gluten-free menu was great!Special Features:
- Fisrt ImpressionDDVS1Dined on 7/19/2014Before comin to Town I heard nothing but good things about it. When I first walked in I was impressed. The food was really GOOD. Definitely have to come back to try other the other entrees.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved it, but...CarnmeVIPDined on 7/18/2014Loved the food. Server was very nice, helpful and fairly attentive, but it was fortunate we weren't in a hurry. Ambience is 4 instead of 5 stars because it's pretty loud inside. And it got kind of warm when the front door was closed, but chilly when the door was left open. Service is 4 instead of 5 stars because we had hoped to sit outside; had noted it in OpenTable reservation and told person who called to confirm reservation. But, when we arrived, we were told it would be a 50 (!) minute wait for an outside table.Special Features:
- Great Night OutHungryinCaliforniaDined on 7/17/2014The food is excellent and the ambience is outstanding. The restaurant is always full of cusotmers so there is a constant high energy level in the place. If you are looking for a great steak or other entrees, Town is the place to go if you want awesome food in an accelerating atmosphere.Special Features:
- Keeps getting betterGCS1VIPDined on 7/17/2014Absolutely love this place. This is my third dining experience and it continues to exceed my expectations. The staff are all exceptional. Only down side is it is hard to get a reservation on a whim. We had the skirt steak med rare and it is amazing. Their drink list is really impressive if you haven't tied Town, you are missing out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.