2113 Tamiami Trail
Punta Gorda, FL 33950Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.torchbistro.com/
- Phone: 9415753505
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Bar / Lounge / Bottle Service, American, Fusion / Eclectic
- Executive Chef: Shane Federici
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Whether it is a birthday, anniversary, shower, wedding or any other function. Let us provide the dining experience of a lifetime. We cater both on and off site.
- Private Party Facilities: Whether you want a one of our private rooms or the entire facility. Torch will handle any accommodations you need.
- Private Party Contact: Shane Federici 9415753505
- Entertainment: Check our website for our monthly schedule of entertainment and themed events.
A word from Torch Bistro
Torch Bistro and Rumini Bar was created to provide a “Freshly Elevated” dining experience from culinary concept and practice to customer service; wrapped in a “CHIC” and “METROPOLITAN” ambiance. The menu is “American Contemporary”. We take Classic American Dishes and contemporize them to today’s taste profiles. All of our steaks are organic and 100% Hormone Free. Our fish is always fresh and brought in daily. Torch Bistro and Rumtini Bar was designed to be large enough to create energy and atmosphere yet small enough to provide superior food and service. We feature culinary crafted cocktails prepared with freshly squeezed juices, fresh produce, & customized ice, making sure your libation is refreshing & “Your last sip tastes as good as your first!”Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Torch Bistro - Best Restaurants in Punta Gorda ›
Torch Bistro reviews from OpenTable diners
11 reviews since May 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (7)fit for foodies (5)special occasion (5)good for groups (2)great for lunch (2)romantic (2)great for outdoor dining (1)notable wine list (1)Show More
- A Local FavoriteBirthdayGirlDined on 8/14/2014Great food (the duck is our favorite!) at reasonable prices with friendly and efficient service. What more could you ask for in a restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodPGJOEYDined on 8/12/2014Excellent food and very good service. Prime rib is outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Comfortable.Aced13Dined on 8/5/2014Not busy that night, but service was quick. Meatloaf for me and Prime Rib for my wife. Thin cut of rib but very good per my wife, meatloaf had blue cheese in it which gave it great flavor. Two nice slices atop mashed taters. Very nice presentation. A had a coupon on this visit thanks to the Torch Bistro, Birthday wishes for me!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Personal Celebrationlikedbythe2TeesDined on 7/17/2014We celebrated my birthday and our anniversary. This has been a favorite place, where we often take visitors. Both Shane and Heidi are so welcoming. The food presentation is lovely and the service is great. The Torch is a Punta Gorda Gem!Special Features:
- Great serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/14/2014Enjoyed fine food and service, plus attractive ambiance.Special Features:
- Great Food and ServiceSteveVIPDined on 6/9/2014We shared the mussels, a great grilled Caesar salad and the Mahi-Mahi. We loved the food, but the service from Heidi was over the top Great. She was so friendly and personable, not only with us, but others there. She was knowledgeable and timed everything very well. We will definitely keep the Torch on our "go to" list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 98 reviews are from the Torch Bistro reviews archive.
- LovingLife here in SW FlaLovingLifeDined on 5/23/2014This was my second meal with this wonderful restaurant. The food, service and atmosphere is superb!! I plan on making this my special occasion place. Staff is extremely professional and accommodating! The Prime Rib is wonderful. As is the Stuffed Shells! . Give this place a try, I don't think you will be disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dougDined on 5/11/2014took over an hour to be served. prime rib was dry and luke warm. had to ask for sauce, it was barley warm. We were very disappointed, as we have been there in the past, & were pleased. I asked the waitress if there was a problem in the kitchen; she said I'll take 10% off your bill.
- Generally disappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/11/2014Worst prime rib I have ever been served. I asked for "medium rare to rare", the waitress cautioned me that it might not be very rare. I was served prime rib that was "well done" and cold. The mashed potato's were cold. The wine we ordered was very good. This restaurant is very noisy to the point table conversation is very difficult. When this restaurant opened it was great, however after frequent visits I find it is degrading into a neighborhood bar. I probably would not visit this restaurant again.
- go to placeLocalsDined on 4/19/2014We love it that you take reseervations. During peak season that makes The Torch our go to place. Plus the fact it is one of the closest resaurants to our home is an added plus. Good value.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellnt food and service!LaurieDined on 4/10/2014I love Torch! We found this place last year while visiting and returned this year. They certainly don't dissapoint when it comes to their food. A particular favorite is the homemade Chicken Pot Pie, but I had the Lemon Shrimp and it was excellent! Will return again next time I'm viisiting!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EnjoyableBluebearDined on 4/7/2014A great restaurant to bring our friends. Good food, pleasant staff, good service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Service and great foodCheryl65Dined on 4/5/2014Our waitress was wonderful Sat night for my brothers birthday as well as the food!! The prices are fair and we love the friendless!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary Dinner FavoriteOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/29/2014This is our third time at Torch. We always go for our anniversary dinner, when we are in Florida. The first year that they opened was our first time. Every dining experience was great. The waistaff are knowledgeable and friendly. The owners are very nice, and visited our table every time. We also hung out at the bar for after dinner drinks, and shared drink recipes with Heidi (owner, hostess, bartender)Special Features:
- Pleasant surprisePAdinersDined on 3/22/2014We have been coming to Punta Gorda for several years. We have tried many local restaurants but never the Torch Bistro. After looking at our options on OpenTable I made the reservation. We had ask around at our resort but no one had been there. We decided we would check it out. The service was great. My husband had the T-bone and was quite pleased with it. It was tender and was prepared just as he ask. I had the ribs which were very tasty. We took desert home. We ask for the carrot cake which states it is a shareable desert. When we opened the container there were two large pieces of cake ( for $5.00). Well we reported back to the others at the resort that we will certainly return to the Torch and they should try it too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Torch GrillSueBDined on 3/21/2014Great food. Great service. Great cocktails. Local fresh seafood. Mussels were amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DinnerMeant2beeDined on 3/18/2014We went with another couple for dinner. This was our first time there.The dinner was delicious and we also ordered drinks. Very reasonably priced too. We really enjoyed it a lot. !!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a treat! Great placeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/17/2014HEIDI AND SHAWN AND THEIR WAITRESSES ARE THE TOPS!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GREAT food and TOO loud!AcamooDined on 3/15/2014The food was simply delicious and totally amazing. Do try the Pork "Awesome" Bucco.... cooked 16 hours and worth every minute it spent in the oven!.... AND... every surface in the place is a hard surface... so the noise bounces all over the place. Even after we asked for the music to be turned down, then there was way too much echoing conversation. We will definitely go back... the management was very responsive and told us they are trying hard to find a solution to the noise while keeping the modern, spare décor unspoiled. We will go early enough to beat the crowd. The location is convenient, but right on the Tamiami Trail, it is not a good view and too much traffic to sit outside.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A local bar with decent foodWonderfalls03Dined on 3/12/2014I can say that we were sucked in by the signage boasting prime rib for $9.99. Apparently the truck didn't come and there wasn't any prime rib until we complained and then magically, some was available. It was noisy and not at all what it appeared from the outside… an open kitchen and a bar take up about half of the space and the remaining space indoors is two thirds a tile surfaced area, and one third a carpet separate room. It lacks any ambiance but the canned music was good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good timeSatchelDined on 3/8/2014We had a fun time,great food.(a lot of it.)The service was super.You have many people working there,all were helpful.we will be back.PS,the price was just right.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Closing DownDanielDined on 3/1/2014Would have received 5 stars, but at 8:15 while we were eatting outside they started stacking tables and basically giving us the opinion they were ready to close. Great food, but little consideration to the few of us that we're still dinning. We were a party of five. Great food and good prices!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We arrived on time and wereFloridaGuestDined on 2/28/2014We arrived on time and were seated by the manager at a "special table" that was not located in the restaurant area. Rather, it was a large booth cut into the wall at the back end of the bar and it located right next to two margarita machines. We had a lovely view of the inner bar area and the bar backs changed the trash bags for the bartendes right in front of us. The bar was very noisy because it was 7:00 on a Friday night. The food and service otherwise were good.Special Features:
- Another great meal!patti62Dined on 2/21/2014Back again but for birthday dinner this time. Ceasear salad good and anchovies available for the asking. CJ enjoyed salmon w/ honey and almonds while I had the NY strip with blue cheese.Wonderful flavor. We split my favorite chocolate lava cake for dessert. Great job Torch Bistro. Thanks again to Shane, Heidi, Bob and entire staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 1st Visit - Not ImpressedRudibattuiDined on 2/19/2014The Wedge Salad and beef barley soup was very good. 2 of us had the Prime Rib special for $9.95. What they don't tell you is that price is only good if you purchase a drink. Portion was good for the price but the taste just wasn't there. The duck which was deep fried and extremely dry. The stuffed flounder was OK but nothing great. No complimentary bread. Water was never refilled.
- Just So-SoDave414Dined on 2/14/2014We went to celebrate Valentine's Day. This was our first time at this restaurant. Our food was so-so... Not bad, but not great. Our service was terrible. We had the goat cheese bruchetta and caprese salad for our appetizer. Roasted red pepper soup (actually I had potato soup because they ran out of the red pepper soup and only had enough for one bowl). Black & blue meatloaf for my spouse and pork osso bucco for me. No dessert was offered (part of what made us feel ushered out) although we were more than ready to leave.Special Features:
- never disappointingpatti62Dined on 2/14/2014Valentine dinner with a group of 8 friends. Limited menu for the evening but we ordered 5 different entree' s & all were very good. Heidi was our server and she was excellent!!! Chocolate Lava Cake is to die for & nice wine selection. I had the house Malbec & enjoyed it very much. Thanks to Shane, Heidi, Bob & staff. P.S. The flowers for the ladies was a nice touch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Valentine superPuntaDined on 2/14/2014We were supposed to be seated outside, but when we arrived at the resraurant, we had a good surprise, they had found us a table inside and we were very happy.Special Features:
- cold foodmeeeDined on 2/14/2014Prime Rib was served cold, sent it back, still cold when it was brought back.
- First time great, second time fairDining3Dined on 2/12/2014We went for the 9.95 Wednesday night special,for PrimeRib. The portion was too small for prime rib, mashed potatoes did not taste real, vegetable was overlooked. Service was good, place was so noisy that we couldn't hear each other speak. Martini was marginal at best. First time we went was for lunch, during off season. Food was good. Wine list was excellent. Service was good. Place was nearly empty so it was quiet. Not sure we will go again
- DatePatsyDined on 2/10/2014Had a special evening and the entrees we ordered were excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 2nd visit to Torch- just asccJudyDined on 2/6/20142nd visit to Torch- just as good as the 1st-- Had the meatloaf the first time- very delicious!!! This time tried the Osso Bucco- was fabulous!Special Features:
- Dining at the TorchDMorriDined on 2/6/2014The food was very good in flavor but small portions. The atmosphere is very unique inside but very noisy. The do have a patio and that looked to be pleasant so I would opt to sit outside next time. We had the Prime Rib and it was very good but again portions were smaller than other restaurants I've been to.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a great dining experiencePaulaDined on 2/5/2014We are always satisfied with the food and service at Torch. My favorite is the Pork Awesome Buco.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Twelve thumbs up!encoreDined on 2/4/2014Twelve of us dined on the prime rib special. It was very good. The service was terrific. We will be back. This was our second trip. The first group was just six people. We told other friends and added them to our group!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice night outBigbobDined on 2/4/2014My wife and I were looking for a relaxing, enjoyable dinner. Our dinner at The Torch was very good. I tried the lemon drop shrimp and she had duck. Both were very tasty. Our server was excellent. She stayed on top of things and was very pleasant. We will go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Absolutely Horrible!!!!AntoniaDined on 2/1/2014The food at this restaurant was way below average. I ordered their Porterhouse Steak dinner which they claim they are famous. The steak did not even resemble a porterhouse steak. With no exaggeration the steak was less than 1/16 of an inch thick. I requested no mashed potatoes but they were on the plate anyway and were actually stuck to the plate as if they were placed on the plate hours before. My husband ordered the meatloaf. Another mistake! It was also sliced so thin you could see through it. Another of our guests ordered a scotch and club soda. They actually charged us for the drink and then also charged another $2.00 for the club soda. Our waitress was "snippy" and just about threw our dishes at us when she served.
- They need a real bartender.FredDined on 2/1/2014We ordered two Cuban mo,s and what we got was not drinkable. I think it's safe to order beer and wine, but stay away from anything complicated. We sat near the bar and witnessed a pretty heated argument between the owner and the host, that kind of stuff if needed should be out of sight. Two people in our group had eggplant parm which did not have enough sauce and flavor. I had osoboco, which was ok, but dry. It was a special occasion, which turned out to be not so special.
- When placing my reservationJanieDined on 2/1/2014When placing my reservation I had requested a special room (small room in front to the restaurant) but we were seated in room back of the bar that only had two tables and near the restrooms.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Despite the hi level screamsgoodfoodDined on 1/23/2014Despite the hi level screams from a cute three year old girl at the next table, we were able to keep our cool and enjoy ourselves with our friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.