Tommy Bahama Laguna Beach Bar & Grill
400 South Coast Highway
Laguna Beach, CA 92651Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
Tommy Bahama Laguna Beach Bar & Grill
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.tommybahama.com/TBG/Stores_Restaurants/Restaurants/Laguna_Beach.jsp
- Phone: 9493766886
- Hours of Operation:
Open for lunch at 11:30am, Dinner served 5:00pm-Close
Happy Hour Monday - Friday 3:00-6:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Californian, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Marcus Lage
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Cross Street: Laguna Avenue
- Public Transit: Public bus and Laguna Beach shuttle stops on Pacific Coast Highway.
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: Ample metered parking is available in the public lot on the corner of Laguna Avenue and Glennerye just behind Tommy Bahama. Street and lot meters accept credit cards. Meters are not enforced after 7pm.
A word from Tommy Bahama Laguna Beach Bar & Grill
When lifestyle meets location, the result is Tommy Bahama Laguna Beach Bar & Grill, a new restaurant/retail concept that seamlessly integrates the dining and shopping experience into one intimate space, and captures the charm and heritage of the beachside community.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Tommy Bahama Laguna Beach Bar & Grill reviews from OpenTable diners
61 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelEnergetic
great for lunch (28)vibrant bar scene (21)fit for foodies (20)neighborhood gem (20)kid-friendly (15)good for groups (12)scenic view (10)hot spot (10)special occasion (10)great for brunch (8)late-night find (8)romantic (4)notable wine list (1)Show More
- MediocreAKfoodieVIPDined on 8/23/2014I had higher expectations of this place based on what the menu read like. I was disappointed to find that it's more of a beach bar than a dining establishment. Live entertainment that was very loud was a bit of a shock. The food was more like bar food than finer dining (which I was expecting since they took reservations and the menu reads more like fine dining). The fries left a greasy film aftertaste. The burger my daughter ordered was so messy she could barely hold it together. My ahi tuna salad was very good.
- Laguna BeachDmtssDined on 8/18/2014Perfect beach atmosphere for a beach town. Open and airy, great for people watching. Server was great, went out of her way to make our dining experience a pleasure.Special Features:
- Aloha TimePakiDined on 8/16/2014As always, Tommy Bahamas dining wants me to hurry back to the islands! Usually dine at the Corona Del Mar location, but friends from out of town were anxious to see Laguna beach. Menu has some old favorites and also new items not found at CDM. Great cockail called Cucumber Mash, but Rachel made it for me with vodka instead of rum. It was super refreshing! Short rib sliders are excellent! Wedge salad was just okay. Saturday night in the summer, the noise level is over the top, but we still enjoyed. Live entertainment was great!Special Features:
- Great food and service4mgoblueVIPDined on 8/10/2014Took my family of 6 and enjoyed excellent food and service. We had to wait for table and they gave us two free apps without having to ask. Then seated us at comfortable table for 6. Food was great and live music relaxing. Left an item and dame back next day and they had it ready for pick up. Great attitudes and smiles by all servers and GM. Well run spot!Special Features:
- luv2dineOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/10/2014The food is always delicious and the service is top notch!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!PaulaPDined on 8/4/2014First time at this location. Everything was excellent ... the service was quick and attentive, the food was absolutely outstanding. Incredible drink menu ... we all tried something different and enjoyed each one. Everything from appetizers, to entrees to dessert was just great ... every bite was savored and we'll definitely go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place for good time & foodHema1808Dined on 8/2/2014Upon entering the restaurant I noticed how energetic and vibrant the place was. Live music in the evenings welcomes the crowd and service was amicable. Food taste, presentation was wonderful. Menu was simple and also had varieties like seafood, meat and vegetarian option. Great for all kinds of eaters. Highly recommend dining hereSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Mai Tais!MVLisaDined on 8/1/2014The restaurant has great food and service and excellent mai tais. It is very loud but it's got a good energy so the noise level felt festive.Special Features:
- Great Casual dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 7/19/2014Had dinner before attending the Pagent of the Masters. Good meal. Food was timely and yummy. The staff was extremely friendly and more then happy to help. It was our anniversary and they brought us a dessert with a candle, very sweet! I enjoyed the casual nature of the place and fun family friendly atomsphere. I had to be in Newport Beach the following week for a casual business lunch and ended up choosing Tommy Bahama Grill in Newport.Special Features:
- AverageOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/19/2014Food was good, but too loud to have a conversation. Menu was limited compared to other Tommy Bahama restaurants.
- Excellent Food & ServiceSauerheadDined on 7/18/2014The quality of the food was outstanding, and it was perfectly prepared. The menu is not extensive, but maybe that's why they get it right - better to do a few things well than to try to do everything.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Choice for dining in LagunaTommy3Dined on 7/18/2014It was our first visit to Tommy Bahama's restaurant. We had heard good things and decided to give it a try. The service was excellent and the food was delicious! For starters we had the artichoke and then the wedge salad. For dinner we both had the chicken breast. I highly recommend all of these as they were well prepared, decent portions and delicious! The ambiance is casual and open. So the only draw back would be that I wouldn't suggest it for a romantic evening. The night we were there 7/18, there was entertainment. It was a lone guy with a guitar who provided a lot of music for one person. His performance was really enjoyable at a level that still allowed us to have easy conversation at our table. We will definitely go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Friends told me about this place...MaryKDined on 7/14/2014And they were right. Ate light. Excellent tomato bisque--could taste the roasted tomatoes and not overly creamy. Salad was solid yet not staid. Cosmopolitan flavors were smooth yet punchy. Server friendly, prompt but gave us space too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lovefoodDined on 7/13/2014Always love a visit to Tommy Bahama. The food is always good and has a little "island" twist.Special Features:
- GwenDined on 7/13/2014The lobster Mac and cheese is the best I've had anywhere! Also, the blue cheese dressing on the wedge salad wasn't the ordinary tart dressing but had a hint of sweetness. I loved itSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good music and food, great pricesOski65VIPDined on 7/11/2014Four of us for a Friday evening dinner. Brought our own bottle of wine, no corkage fee for the first bottle. Very nice solo guitar/singer doing music from the 70's. A few appetizers, the Hawaiian butterfish entree, and a couple of desserts. Service was fast, attentive, friendly. All in all a great place for a casual dinner.Special Features:
- Usually a fan.....DiningduoVIPDined on 6/29/2014We are at this location for the first time and I was a little disappointed. They have a good spot-right across from the beach-in the middle of all the action. The restaurant and attached store are smaller than other locations I have visited but the beach feel is nice. Service was fine on this busy Sunday evening and the live music was good but was drowned out by the very loud bar area. The problem was that the food we ate was not that good. I tried the lobster grilled cheese and soup. My husband had the prime rib dip. Both had little taste. Missed the famous crab bisque that was not available at this location. Wedge salad that our friend had looked great and she said it was delicious. She and her husband enjoyed the fish tacos.Special Features:
- A good value all aroundOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 6/28/2014We had a great dinner at Tommy Bahamas, the music was perfect for the ambiance and the food and service were terrific. Would highly recommend for a date nightSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Coconut Shrimp Is Amazing!wanderllustDined on 6/27/2014Cozy, vibrant eatery off the the coast highway in Laguna Beach! Menu was extensive and reasonably priced, and the service was excellent! Enjoyed the tropical themed restaurant with the pineapple mango candle scents and lively bar scene. There was a guitarist in the bar area which made for fun background music. Highly recommend as a memorable, casual dining experience!Special Features:
- Everything Is DeliciousConnieHDined on 6/15/2014I have been here a few times and the food is always tasty. The service is top-notch and attentive. I really enjoy the live music too. It is at level that it can be enjoyed and still be able to have a conversation at the table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TB Laguna BeachLuv2dineDined on 6/14/2014If you are thinking that this site will be great for ocean views since it's on PCH, you'll be disappointed. It's across from the hotel on the first floor, so the front seating area is good for people watching. There is no outdoor dining and it's a small place by TB standards. Same menu, friendly staff and good live music.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We really like this placeJohnDined on 6/8/2014We have been there many times for lunch and dinner. It is never disappointing. The food is very good, the service is excellent. It is not a fancy place and the prices are set accordingly. Its a great location on PCH in downtown LagunaSpecial Features:
- Food excellentPattyDined on 6/3/2014We really enjoyed our meal at Tommy Bahama's. The food was excellent but very loud.Special Features:
- "Can you hear me now?"DELIDined on 5/31/2014The food was good, the wait staff were fine, my friend got the wrong meal, but was given the correct one as a "to go". The restaurant is way too noisy and, though the live music was excellent, I would not have gone to have a nice conversational lunch with an old friend had I realized they had live music.
- Fun AtmosphereDiscerningDinerVIPDined on 5/30/2014Everytime I come here it feels like a party, fun place to hang out or meet up with friends. Great live music, just all around good time.Special Features:
- 949OC949Dined on 5/24/2014The butter fish is the best item on the menu. Very good! Artichoke appetizer was also very good. Service could have been much better. As a party of 2 we felt like we were ignorged over larger groups...maybe better tips with larger table?Special Features:
- Excellent ServiceTarheelDined on 5/24/2014Our server Bri was fantastic. She made great recommendations that were spot on. It made for a dinner both my wife and I enjoyed tremendously.Special Features:
- Great findLuluDined on 5/17/2014We had walked past this place a hundred times. Finally stopped and ate and we were all thrilled. Food was great, service was attentive, price good. A real find!Special Features:
- EnjoyableFortyDined on 5/12/2014Good food and atmosphere for a reasonable meal. Service was quick and helpful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great summer lunch spotIslegirl24Dined on 5/11/2014Had a wonderful time at Tommy's.... It's so relaxed and laid back yet classy and sophisticated. Love the location great open windows make you feel like you're eating outside. Great for couples and even kids we brought our 8 month old baby and he had a great time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mothers Day BrunchAvoidDined on 5/11/2014Mothers Day menu had 2 choices!! Everyday menu is pathetic Hostess and bar staff are clueless! I've been to two other TB restaurants (NB and Palm Dessert) and both are excellent. LB is a disaster. Will never go back.Special Features:
- chillOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/10/2014I loved the food, the atmosphere,music and just overall ambiance was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 188 reviews are from the Tommy Bahama Laguna Beach Bar & Grill reviews archive.
- Tommy Bahama Anniversary DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/12/2014We ordered the artichokes for an app, it was a whole artichoke and it was so tender I almost ate it all. Including the tougher, outside leaves! My husband ordered the Kalua pig sandwich, and it was piled high with meat and served with a side of fries. He can't stand it when the smokey flavor overpowers the meat, or if it's too dry. This was just perfect and it was big enough for his big appetite! I ordered the Hawaiian butterfish. I've never had butterfish before, and for sure I will be ordering it again. It was served in a bed of coconut rice with baby bok choy and shiitake mushrooms. It was so flaky and moist it was almost like sashimi. Service was right on point too. Marie was super sweet, and very attentive. Will be back!!Special Features:
- NIce place for a casual dinnerOski65VIPDined on 4/6/2014Sunday evening 6:00 p.m. Tables full but our reservation honored. Live music, solo singer/guitarist. Had a couple of beers and ordered blackened fish tacos and Hawaiian butterfish. Three tacos were very filling and tasty, not blackened much and not very spicy. Fried plantains in lime sour cream were almost like dessert. Butterfish was very mild and cooked perfectly. On a bed of brown rice with mushrooms and a bit of mango salsa. Julienned carrots and baby bock choy and beurre blanc sauce. A bit sweet but not overpowering. No room for dessert Service was good; seated immediately, drink order taken quickly and served promptly, food served after a brief wait. All in all, a nice casual dinner, good food and service fairly priced.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sarah's BirthdayGoodTimeCharleyDined on 3/22/2014Took my daughter here for a 23rd Birthday Lunch. Tiffany was my waitress and she may have been the best and sweetest waitress I ever had. There was also some live music, a guy playing acoustic guitar which was cool. He sang my daughter a happy birthday song which the whole joint sang with him on. Pretty nice atmosphere. We had the scallop and pulled pork sliders as an appetizer which was really good. I had the lobster grilled cheese sandwich which was pretty freakin awesome. My daughter had the seared Ahi salad and my son went with the burger. Everything was pretty tasty. Our waitress surprised us with a birthday cake and even lit the candle for us. Nice touch Tiffany, thanks so much. Will go back again, no doubt!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bar, not a RestaurantdawnedDined on 3/21/2014I would consider this a Bar, not a restaurant. As a Bar, it had good food/service, rockin' music and our table had a view of the ocean. As a restaurant, way too loud and unsettling for me.Special Features:
- We had the salmon it was veryMauigalDined on 3/19/2014We had the salmon it was very good. Like the food and atmosphere. This was our second time for dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We had great time,deliciousSarvVIPDined on 3/17/2014We had great time,delicious food and wonderful service.ThanksSpecial Features:
- First Dine @ TBDandJVIPDined on 3/5/2014I chose this restaurant after receiving a friends and family 25% discount. Ordered the blackened fish tacos and the brussel sprouts. Both were perfectly prepared and the portion size was decent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ServiceEcabrera66Dined on 3/5/2014Overall a great experience. Great food and fantastic service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.