Toma Restaurant & Bar
324 West Cabrillo Boulevard
Santa Barbara, CA 93101Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Toma Restaurant & Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://tomarestaurant.com/
- Phone: 8059620777
- Hours of Operation:
Daily: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Mediterranean
- Executive Chef: Nat Ely
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, View, Wine
A word from Toma Restaurant & Bar
Toma Restaurant and Bar is the new waterfront bistro,located along Santa Barbara's picturesque Cabrillo Blvd. Experience Santa Barbara waterfront's most romantic restaurant. Savor exquisite Italian and Mediterranean inspired dishes from Santa Barbara's seasonal bounty, supporting our local fisherman, farmers, foragers and food artisans. Pour over local and Italian wines along with a full bar of handcrafted cocktails and spirits. Enjoy warm and attentive service while dining window side with a view of the enchanting Santa Barbara harbor.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Toma Restaurant & Bar - Best Restaurants in Santa Barbara ›
Toma Restaurant & Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
237 reviews since May 21, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (158)special occasion (146)romantic (127)scenic view (98)neighborhood gem (98)notable wine list (78)hot spot (43)good for groups (29)kid-friendly (17)late-night find (12)great for outdoor dining (8)great for lunch (7)vibrant bar scene (6)great for brunch (6)Show More
- Toma ReviewOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 9/15/2014This was our first visit to Toma. We were greeted warmly, the food was superb, and the service attentive without being intrusive. Tom Restaurant & Bar is now on our must go-to list when we visit Santa Barbara.Special Features:
- LaurieLuv2LaughDined on 9/14/2014I've been here several times now, and each time I try new items. Highly recommend this restaurant for locals and tourists alike. A real gem.Special Features:
- Very nice dining experienceBethVIPDined on 9/13/2014Very much enjoyed our dining at Toma. the food was delectable; service was great. A nice teat!!Special Features:
- JBMJDined on 9/12/2014Fabulous- excellent food and service - beautiful location - will be backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/12/2014Fantastic. One of our best meals ever, THAT GOOD!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too much waiter.tommyDined on 9/11/2014Food is good, atmosphere is very warm and casual. The waiter was way too loud, familiar, aggressively selling, and ruined the evening. It was like he was doing standup. We were continually interrupted. This was our 4th visit and second when waiter was all we talked about. Pity.
- Wonderful FoodjUDITHGDined on 9/11/2014The black spaghetti was delicious as well as the arugula salad. DELICIOUSSpecial Features:
- Great placeOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/8/2014Had a wonderful meal. Great food and service. Would highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointingtraveller33VIPDined on 9/8/2014We came to celebrate my husband's birthday, but were disappointed, especially because Toma's got such rave reviews. We ordered calamari as a starter- it was tough, over breaded and not at all tasty. I had. The scallops, which were okay, and my husband had the salmon special, which was pretty good. Maybe they're better at desserts, but by then, we had had enough. The service, however, was excellent.
- Toma satisfiesPageotDined on 9/8/2014We ordered the artichokes, and the squash blossoms for appetizers. The artichokes were very flavorful, crispy, and plentiful. The squash blossoms were delicately balanced and enhanced by the use of Citronette and preserved lemon. We ordered the salmon special (excellent), and the rack of lamb which was cut into three triple chops, a very generous entree. Harissa combined with other spices encrusted the chops. It really was a little bland. I felt the accompanying chick pea/fennel bed for the chops played the same way with lamb...too much the same. We asked our waiter to select a bottle of wine which he did to our satisfaction and pleasure (2012 Au Bon Climat Pinot Noir). For dessert we enjoyed the excellent Olive Oil Cake.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great meal, service and atmosphere!LeegDined on 9/7/2014We loved our dinner at Toma. The service was perfect, but very unpretentious and the food was outstanding. We were able to engage in conversation with everyone at our table without having to shout, which was a very nice change from many restaurants in the area. I would highly recommend Toma!Special Features:
- outstanding dinnerlocalladyDined on 9/7/2014We had never been to Toma's before. We eat out frequently and the menu offered such different and interesting choices. Both the artichoke appetizer and the octopus appetizer where very good. All four of us were very happy with out entrees. And the creme brulee dessert was terrific. The service was warm and friendly and just attentive enough. All in all it was a great evening and now we know we have another great local choice just minutes from our house.Special Features:
- service1Dined on 9/4/2014We love dinning at Toma Restaurant, I would have to say the number one reason is the service "they make you feel welcome" and do not leave you thirsty or hungry the food is also incredible very fresh and delicious. We have many good restaurants in Santa Barbara but I would have to say the difference between a good restaurant and my favorite restaurant ,which is Toma, would be the SERVICE.Special Features:
- kapaBRDined on 9/3/2014We went to the restaurant recommended by the hotel and we could not have left more satisfied. Really tasty food, attentive service. Excellent choice in Santa Barbara.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/3/2014they brought a bucket of kids stuff that kept our kids very happy, good beer and wine options, very knowledgeable waiter who was attentive but not intrusive. all staff very attentive and food was excellentSpecial Features:
- Fabulous food and ambiance!!SanRoqueHousehldDined on 8/31/2014Toma's is a fantastic restaurant, form the one, to the appetizers to the entrees to the delicious desserts. They did not miss a note anywhere. The service was warm and friendly. knowledgeable, never over bearing and we had a simply fun time...Special Features:
- Fun and DeliciousFoodisgoodDined on 8/31/2014Great food, ambience, wine list, and service. Very busy. Upbeat and more on the upscale trendy side.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!GpmdineDined on 8/31/2014My friend and I dined here based upon positive reviews on various sites, and were not disappointed. Loved the olives, and our food (capellini and the chicken) were wonderful. The service was excellent and looking out onto the ocean really added to the experience.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great find!BobcatDined on 8/30/2014Delicious food with wonderful service! We will be back again for certain.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good foodFoodieDined on 8/30/2014Comfortable room, a little tight with seating arrangements and server was friendly. loved the tuna in a cone, cone would be better if not sweet, so was the grill octopus which should be sliced prior to serving. Table was a little tight to have both appetizers, drinks and bread. Both entrees of braised short ribs and lasagna were very good and huge portion. Server was Would definitely return againSpecial Features:
- Toma is an culinary addiction!!!vickyfoodieDined on 8/30/2014I couldn't get enough of Toma this last weekend on Saturday.. what between the charm and humor that our waiter Collin had going with us and everybody he waited on around us, we felt that he was our long lost friend and sincerely a fabulous asset to the restaurant. if that wasn't perfection on a stick.. let's talk about the every dish that came out was delectable and left wanting for more down to the dessert. We had to come back Sunday for one last time during this trip. Once is not enough with Toma. The wait staff are like a well oiled machine. They are fast, professional, and friendly. They were very respectful of their guests and it showed throughout the restaurant. Bravo to Toma.. and Cheers from Vicky and John P.Special Features:
- ostatekimOstateKimVIPDined on 8/29/2014Overall dinner was fine, but nothing special. Service was okay, tables are crammed pretty close together, food was fine but nothing special. We were only in town a few nights, so no other Italian restaurants to compare against, but I'd say the evening was slightly disappointing.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/29/2014It seems that each time we attend Toma the entire experience gets better and better. We highly recommend this Santa Barbara gem.Special Features:
- jontiDined on 8/27/2014We couldn't be more pleased with our dinner at Tomas restaurant. Our food was delicious, presented beautifully, and the waiters were very attentive to our every need. My husband 's lasagna was the best he has ever had! The homemade bread was hard to stop eating. We didn't order dessert but the selections looked luscious. We will definitely return when we are in Santa Barbara again. Just make sure to reserve your table well in advance since they are booked way ahead of time.Special Features:
- schmarleighneDined on 8/24/2014One of the most enjoyable dining experiences I've had. Ultimately professional staff; food was exquisite; the Olive Oil Cake was to die for. I recommend Toma to everyone!Special Features:
- LOVE2LIVEDined on 8/23/2014We were celebrating our sons 21st birthday and from the moment we walked in till the last bite of our dessert, our night was made special and memorable, not to mention the fabulous food (The tuna tower is a must to have) and drinks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great night at Toma'sGreatEatsInSBDined on 8/22/2014From their willingness to find a way to increase our table from 6 to 9 within an hour of our Friday night res, to wonderful service, delicious food and much attention from the owner himself--a wonderful eveningSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- outstandingSandiegodinerVIPDined on 8/22/2014One of the best dinners I have ever had, great food, great service, above and beyond expectations!Special Features:
- ExcellentShpresa71Dined on 8/21/2014Greated by a very pleasant hostess. Our waiter was very helpful in the selections we made. He was very patient when we couldn't decide what we were having. Excellent food & service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentLicorice1Dined on 8/21/2014Food fab, atmosphere delightful. Waiter David a gem. Will go there again when next in town.Special Features:
- Best meal of two week CA holiday.EatItUpDined on 8/17/2014If you are in Santa Barbara, this is a must dine location. Everything from the host's greeting to the chat with the waiter prior to departure was warm and welcome. The food and wine were outstanding. Every item that our party of four ordered was properly prepared, expertly presented and flavorful. Don't miss Toma.Special Features:
- A Birthday CelebrationWookiesMomVIPDined on 8/17/2014My husband and I took my daughter to Toma for her 51st birthday on Sunday night. She had never been there before, but we had, and we knew it would be a good experience. We weren't disappointed; the food was wonderful as usual, and the service was impeccable. We have a great time every time, when we visit Toma, and we can't wait for the next time.Special Features:
- reservation adjustmentOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/17/2014Had a reservation 2 months in advance for 3 at the last min. just hours before our date our party increased to 5. They were able to accommodate us but at another time which was easily accepted.Special Features:
- Tasty foodpatriciaDined on 8/17/2014Great food and drinks. The Service is outstanding. We went for my son's birthday. We ordered the Black Spaghetti and loved the Capellini. We also had the Squash Blossoms A+ and Grilled Octopus. The grilled octopus is usually very good but this time it was over cooked kind of burnt and was pretty tough. Overall it was nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 5 STARS for EVERYTHING!jtm83VIPDined on 8/16/2014This was an amazing dining experience for a girl's celebration weekend. The service, the ambiance, the food, the wine (we even opted for house since we had done a few tastings already), and the price were superb. I haven't any complaints and am hoping to return here with my husband the next time we're in town!Special Features:
- RafadecDined on 8/16/2014Very nice place. The food was very good: excelent lassagna and black spaghettis. The wine list not very extense but has good options at an affordable price. The owner (Tom) very kind and attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect!thecontessaDined on 8/16/2014Right across from the beach. Lovely atmosphere, delicious food and wine, excellent service. Definitely our new go-to spot every time we are in Santa Barbara!Special Features:
- Worth driving to.FINEDINERDined on 8/13/2014Happen to be in Sta Barbara recently & staying near Stearns Wharf. Saw Toma's name in several magazines, Yelp, & Open Table, all praising it. Was a solo diner that night but only able to get reservation for 9 pm, an ok time for me. Starter was sashimi cones which are unique. The cone itself is a bit sweet but delicious on its own. Pairing it with sashimi wasn't the best choice according to my palate. The braised short rib was unbelievably delicious & tender, mashed potatoes a good match, as well as the green veggie. Excellent dessert & espresso coffee ended the evening. A bonus was the full bar (for a cocktail before dinner) and wine available by the half-bottle. Toma's would be worth driving to for 4 hours or another weekend in SB.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/12/2014Good food great service but needs air conditioning. It was a bit warm inside and we ate dinner around 7:45 pmSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Toma is a mustSuzieQDined on 8/12/2014Our visit to Toma was a truly enjoyable outing. The food and service are impeccable. Finally, someone who understands how a restaurant should flow seamlessly from the moment you enter until you find yourself back on the street fully satiated. Do yourself a favor and give this establishment a try you will not regret it!Special Features: