Toma Restaurant & Bar
324 West Cabrillo Boulevard
Santa Barbara, CA 93101Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Toma Restaurant & Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://tomarestaurant.com/
- Phone: 8059620777
- Hours of Operation:
Daily: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Mediterranean
- Executive Chef: Nat Ely
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, View, Wine
A word from Toma Restaurant & Bar
Toma Restaurant and Bar is the new waterfront bistro,located along Santa Barbara's picturesque Cabrillo Blvd. Experience Santa Barbara waterfront's most romantic restaurant. Savor exquisite Italian and Mediterranean inspired dishes from Santa Barbara's seasonal bounty, supporting our local fisherman, farmers, foragers and food artisans. Pour over local and Italian wines along with a full bar of handcrafted cocktails and spirits. Enjoy warm and attentive service while dining window side with a view of the enchanting Santa Barbara harbor.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Toma Restaurant & Bar - Best Restaurants in Santa Barbara ›
Toma Restaurant & Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
251 reviews since June 4, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (165)special occasion (151)romantic (134)neighborhood gem (103)scenic view (101)notable wine list (89)hot spot (45)good for groups (30)late-night find (15)kid-friendly (13)great for outdoor dining (9)great for lunch (7)great for brunch (6)vibrant bar scene (6)Show More
- Great ambiance meets good foodKatsDined on 9/28/2014We love Toma! The ambiance is really terrific and it makes you feel like you are dining in Europe. Being right across from the beach is wonderful. The service is nicely attentive and helpful and the food is consistently high quality. We have been here on two special occasions and were happily satisfied both times. It's a great one to add to your list of stops in Santa Barbara.Special Features:
- INTENSE - du début à la finrobnrow2dinnerDined on 9/27/2014I happened to notice a quaint table for two, next to the picture window, it was ours. For starters we ordered the grilled octopus and the steamed clams. I can honestly say that that was an amazing combination; paired with the green olives stuffed with blue cheese and topped with garlic, wow!! For our entree, mon amour ordered Scallops and Capellini for son amour. Incroyable!! The Capellini complimented the tender Scallops, as though they were meant to be enjoyed together. The combination of flavors created a calming eu·pho·ri·a. Our evening at Toma flowed as though it were composing a romantic ballad. We left in a state of bliss and drunken hearts.Special Features:
- ExcellentRLIPDined on 9/26/2014Toma is a beautiful restaurant with a fabulous menu! The food, service and atmosphere are terrific.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wonderfulOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/26/2014the customer service is excellent, food is excellent, the feel of the room is warm and inviting love the place
- Went With FriendsTennRN88Dined on 9/25/2014We went to Toma with friends and really loved it. The service was very good and the food was excellent. Warm, friendly atmosphere. Would definitely go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food & service nice view.MakiDined on 9/24/2014Greeted right away, very welcoming. The place filled up quickly but service remained steady and natural all night. Our table of 6 loved all the food. From the squash blossoms appetizers to the braised short ribs. Nice selection of wines and cocktail offerings. Great place for locals and visitors. We had such a fine evening, thanks!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing dinnersluv2dineDined on 9/24/2014Toma restaurant across from the water in Santa Barbara has been one of my favorite places to dine for 20 years. The restaurant used to be called Emilio's and was a fine place then, and with the change of ownership and name, it is still my favorite place in town. Try the Ahi cones, the squash blossoms, the Gnocchi, and the Creme Brulle or anything else on the menu, it's terrific!Special Features:
- Dining ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/23/2014We had a wonderful experience and sure to revisit! The food was delicious with a great combination of different flavors! The service was very attentive and the overall experience very enjoyable!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic!kroseDined on 9/23/2014The service and food was great! Try "The Local", best drink I've ever had.Special Features:
- Great ItalianOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 9/22/2014What excellent Italian food in Santa Barbara! We sat at the bar first and enjoyed cocktails and a margherita pizza- bar tender was attentive and friendly. Sat down for dinner and was pleasantly surprised- even the gluten free pasta was delicious! Definitely recommend!Special Features:
- Fantastic food!HoneymoonDined on 9/21/2014We were staying at the Harbor House Inn and found Toma on yelp as a great romantic spot. Our first night of our honeymoon was spent at Toma and the service, food and wine was unbelievably fantastic. The stuffed and fried olives were a great way to start the meal, we drank the Super Tuscan Sangiovese which was packed with flavor. Apps were the sweet tuna cones and the artichoke hearts with a tangy aoili sauce. My entree was the black truffle gnocchi and I'm still dreaming of it, my husbands entree was the cioppino and he was very pleased.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/21/2014Best Service ever!xoxxooxoxoxoxoxooooooooooooooooooooxxoxoxoxoxooooooooooooooxoxoxoxoxoxoxoSpecial Features:
- Excellent food. Attentive service.LifeisgoodDined on 9/21/2014I don't write reviews of anything. Hardly ever anyway. But since you asked--we came to celebrate our anniversary. A major milestone anniversary. I was looking for a place near the water that had really good food. So I searched online for Santa Barbara and read the reviews and saw all the stars for Toma and gave it a shot. The food was great! Loved the squash blossoms. Excellent wine list with local wines to choose from. They spread rose petals over our table cloth. Because I called in for an early reservation we got a window table, which was nice. The beach is across the street and there's not much of an ocean view but it is within easy walking distance and State Street is just a few blocks away. This was a great choice. Thanks, Toma!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ambiance and excellent foodRajanDined on 9/20/2014We researched online and found this place had excellent ratings. We were not disappointed at all. The food was delicious, great presentation of the food and dessert, love the ambiance, quaint place and very friendly service. It is a small place and makes it ideal for a date night. I would highly recommend this place if you are visiting Santa Barbara.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It just never gets boringHusky59Dined on 9/20/2014The restaurant stays as a place you don't take for granted. The other night the special was Fresh Alaska Sock Eye salmon. Prepared imaginatively. My son and I polished of the entire plate and still were capable of a small desert. It remains one of our little jewels.Special Features:
- What a findOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/18/2014A truly wonderful experience. We arrived early and were seated at the bar. Over beautifully prepared cocktails we looked through the menu at leisure. After 15 minutes we were seated. The restaurant had a really good feeling with a lot of positive buzz and energy without being noisy. The service was excellent and the food was to die for. I had a very creative seafood starter and main. Silvia had a gorgeous vegetarian starter and an amazing vegetarian ravioli (ricotta cheese and tomato). Very rare for us we then had a dessert and only just managed to walk back to the hotel afterwards :-) highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic foodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/18/2014Really lovely experience, great service and outstanding food. (Especially recommend the artichoke starter with the preserved lemon sauce.) Only slight imperfection was the level of crowding of the tables. Our first one felt a bit claustrophobic and as though we couldn't help but feel like we were inadvertently listening in on the conversations on either side of us. Fortunately, a table near the wall/window opened up and they kindly allowed us to relocate. All else was terrific.Special Features:
- Beautiful locationSonsaDined on 9/17/2014Loved the small and cozy feel of a friend's "large dinner party". Great food and service. Wasn't stoked on my first drink but the server knew just what to bring out next to satisfy me. Ordered the blooming squash and loved it. My chicken dinner was also fabulous. Would go there again next time we are in Santa Barbara.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food & Wine at a good pricephilDined on 9/16/2014Toma lived up to its other reviews. Food was well prepared, service was professional yet friendly, good wine list at excellent prices for an upscale restaurant. Maybe its best point for us was that it was quiet, even when full so that we could hold a pleasant conversation without shouting at each other. What a concept!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Well worth a visitOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/16/2014Had a very enjoyable evening on Tuesday 16th Sept. Service was excellent and the food was lovely. I had the Beef marrow and my friend had the Tuna Cones as starters both were amazing, same can be said for the entrees and the deserts. Had a lovely table by the window with a view overlooking the harbour.Special Features:
- Lucky findwhereshallwegoDined on 9/16/2014Toma was recommended by our hotel and within walking distance. The only time we could get a reservation was 5:00; but that worked ok. The meal was delicious and the wait staff personable and attentive. Would love to go back and try the lasagna, which was recommended as a favorite. We had the sea bass special and the short ribs . . . both excellent.Special Features:
- Toma is great!BobfVIPDined on 9/15/2014We thoroughly enjoyed dinner at Toma. The food, the ambiance, the wine and the service all are excellent. This is a very comfortable place to dine. We had tuna cones to start (highly recommend these) and two superbly created pasta dishes. The wine list is extensive with an emphasis on Italian varietals and the prices are very reasonable. Service is first class. This restaurant is definitely one people should try when they are in Santa Barbara.Special Features:
- Toma ReviewOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 9/15/2014This was our first visit to Toma. We were greeted warmly, the food was superb, and the service attentive without being intrusive. Tom Restaurant & Bar is now on our must go-to list when we visit Santa Barbara.Special Features:
- LaurieLuv2LaughDined on 9/14/2014I've been here several times now, and each time I try new items. Highly recommend this restaurant for locals and tourists alike. A real gem.Special Features:
- Very nice dining experienceBethVIPDined on 9/13/2014Very much enjoyed our dining at Toma. the food was delectable; service was great. A nice teat!!Special Features:
- JBMJDined on 9/12/2014Fabulous- excellent food and service - beautiful location - will be backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/12/2014Fantastic. One of our best meals ever, THAT GOOD!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too much waiter.tommyDined on 9/11/2014Food is good, atmosphere is very warm and casual. The waiter was way too loud, familiar, aggressively selling, and ruined the evening. It was like he was doing standup. We were continually interrupted. This was our 4th visit and second when waiter was all we talked about. Pity.
- Wonderful FoodjUDITHGDined on 9/11/2014The black spaghetti was delicious as well as the arugula salad. DELICIOUSSpecial Features:
- Great placeOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/8/2014Had a wonderful meal. Great food and service. Would highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointingtraveller33VIPDined on 9/8/2014We came to celebrate my husband's birthday, but were disappointed, especially because Toma's got such rave reviews. We ordered calamari as a starter- it was tough, over breaded and not at all tasty. I had. The scallops, which were okay, and my husband had the salmon special, which was pretty good. Maybe they're better at desserts, but by then, we had had enough. The service, however, was excellent.
- Toma satisfiesPageotDined on 9/8/2014We ordered the artichokes, and the squash blossoms for appetizers. The artichokes were very flavorful, crispy, and plentiful. The squash blossoms were delicately balanced and enhanced by the use of Citronette and preserved lemon. We ordered the salmon special (excellent), and the rack of lamb which was cut into three triple chops, a very generous entree. Harissa combined with other spices encrusted the chops. It really was a little bland. I felt the accompanying chick pea/fennel bed for the chops played the same way with lamb...too much the same. We asked our waiter to select a bottle of wine which he did to our satisfaction and pleasure (2012 Au Bon Climat Pinot Noir). For dessert we enjoyed the excellent Olive Oil Cake.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great meal, service and atmosphere!LeegDined on 9/7/2014We loved our dinner at Toma. The service was perfect, but very unpretentious and the food was outstanding. We were able to engage in conversation with everyone at our table without having to shout, which was a very nice change from many restaurants in the area. I would highly recommend Toma!Special Features:
- outstanding dinnerlocalladyDined on 9/7/2014We had never been to Toma's before. We eat out frequently and the menu offered such different and interesting choices. Both the artichoke appetizer and the octopus appetizer where very good. All four of us were very happy with out entrees. And the creme brulee dessert was terrific. The service was warm and friendly and just attentive enough. All in all it was a great evening and now we know we have another great local choice just minutes from our house.Special Features:
- service1Dined on 9/4/2014We love dinning at Toma Restaurant, I would have to say the number one reason is the service "they make you feel welcome" and do not leave you thirsty or hungry the food is also incredible very fresh and delicious. We have many good restaurants in Santa Barbara but I would have to say the difference between a good restaurant and my favorite restaurant ,which is Toma, would be the SERVICE.Special Features:
- kapaBRDined on 9/3/2014We went to the restaurant recommended by the hotel and we could not have left more satisfied. Really tasty food, attentive service. Excellent choice in Santa Barbara.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/3/2014they brought a bucket of kids stuff that kept our kids very happy, good beer and wine options, very knowledgeable waiter who was attentive but not intrusive. all staff very attentive and food was excellentSpecial Features:
- Fabulous food and ambiance!!SanRoqueHousehldDined on 8/31/2014Toma's is a fantastic restaurant, form the one, to the appetizers to the entrees to the delicious desserts. They did not miss a note anywhere. The service was warm and friendly. knowledgeable, never over bearing and we had a simply fun time...Special Features:
- Fun and DeliciousFoodisgoodDined on 8/31/2014Great food, ambience, wine list, and service. Very busy. Upbeat and more on the upscale trendy side.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!GpmdineDined on 8/31/2014My friend and I dined here based upon positive reviews on various sites, and were not disappointed. Loved the olives, and our food (capellini and the chicken) were wonderful. The service was excellent and looking out onto the ocean really added to the experience.I would recommend this to a friend.