Toma Restaurant & Bar
324 West Cabrillo Boulevard
Santa Barbara, CA 93101Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Toma Restaurant & Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://tomarestaurant.com/
- Phone: 8059620777
- Hours of Operation:
Daily: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Mediterranean
- Executive Chef: Nat Ely
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, View, Wine
A word from Toma Restaurant & Bar
Toma Restaurant and Bar is the new waterfront bistro,located along Santa Barbara's picturesque Cabrillo Blvd. Experience Santa Barbara waterfront's most romantic restaurant. Savor exquisite Italian and Mediterranean inspired dishes from Santa Barbara's seasonal bounty, supporting our local fisherman, farmers, foragers and food artisans. Pour over local and Italian wines along with a full bar of handcrafted cocktails and spirits. Enjoy warm and attentive service while dining window side with a view of the enchanting Santa Barbara harbor.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Toma Restaurant & Bar - Best Restaurants in Santa Barbara ›
Toma Restaurant & Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
248 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (160)special occasion (148)romantic (136)neighborhood gem (103)scenic view (100)notable wine list (82)hot spot (43)good for groups (29)kid-friendly (16)late-night find (14)great for outdoor dining (8)great for brunch (7)great for lunch (6)vibrant bar scene (4)Show More
- Fun and DeliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/31/2014Great food, ambience, wine list, and service. Very busy. Upbeat and more on the upscale trendy side.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!GpmdineDined on 8/31/2014My friend and I dined here based upon positive reviews on various sites, and were not disappointed. Loved the olives, and our food (capellini and the chicken) were wonderful. The service was excellent and looking out onto the ocean really added to the experience.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great find!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014Delicious food with wonderful service! We will be back again for certain.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good foodFoodieDined on 8/30/2014Comfortable room, a little tight with seating arrangements and server was friendly. loved the tuna in a cone, cone would be better if not sweet, so was the grill octopus which should be sliced prior to serving. Table was a little tight to have both appetizers, drinks and bread. Both entrees of braised short ribs and lasagna were very good and huge portion. Server was Would definitely return againSpecial Features:
- Toma is an culinary addiction!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/30/2014I couldn't get enough of Toma this last weekend on Saturday.. what between the charm and humor that our waiter Collin had going with us and everybody he waited on around us, we felt that he was our long lost friend and sincerely a fabulous asset to the restaurant. if that wasn't perfection on a stick.. let's talk about the every dish that came out was delectable and left wanting for more down to the dessert. We had to come back Sunday for one last time during this trip. Once is not enough with Toma. The wait staff are like a well oiled machine. They are fast, professional, and friendly. They were very respectful of their guests and it showed throughout the restaurant. Bravo to Toma.. and Cheers from Vicky and John P.Special Features:
- ostatekimOstateKimVIPDined on 8/29/2014Overall dinner was fine, but nothing special. Service was okay, tables are crammed pretty close together, food was fine but nothing special. We were only in town a few nights, so no other Italian restaurants to compare against, but I'd say the evening was slightly disappointing.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/29/2014It seems that each time we attend Toma the entire experience gets better and better. We highly recommend this Santa Barbara gem.Special Features:
- jontiDined on 8/27/2014We couldn't be more pleased with our dinner at Tomas restaurant. Our food was delicious, presented beautifully, and the waiters were very attentive to our every need. My husband 's lasagna was the best he has ever had! The homemade bread was hard to stop eating. We didn't order dessert but the selections looked luscious. We will definitely return when we are in Santa Barbara again. Just make sure to reserve your table well in advance since they are booked way ahead of time.Special Features:
- schmarleighneDined on 8/24/2014One of the most enjoyable dining experiences I've had. Ultimately professional staff; food was exquisite; the Olive Oil Cake was to die for. I recommend Toma to everyone!Special Features:
- LOVE2LIVEDined on 8/23/2014We were celebrating our sons 21st birthday and from the moment we walked in till the last bite of our dessert, our night was made special and memorable, not to mention the fabulous food (The tuna tower is a must to have) and drinks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great night at Toma'sGreatEatsInSBDined on 8/22/2014From their willingness to find a way to increase our table from 6 to 9 within an hour of our Friday night res, to wonderful service, delicious food and much attention from the owner himself--a wonderful eveningSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- outstandingSandiegodinerVIPDined on 8/22/2014One of the best dinners I have ever had, great food, great service, above and beyond expectations!Special Features:
- ExcellentShpresa71Dined on 8/21/2014Greated by a very pleasant hostess. Our waiter was very helpful in the selections we made. He was very patient when we couldn't decide what we were having. Excellent food & service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentLicorice1Dined on 8/21/2014Food fab, atmosphere delightful. Waiter David a gem. Will go there again when next in town.Special Features:
- Best meal of two week CA holiday.EatItUpDined on 8/17/2014If you are in Santa Barbara, this is a must dine location. Everything from the host's greeting to the chat with the waiter prior to departure was warm and welcome. The food and wine were outstanding. Every item that our party of four ordered was properly prepared, expertly presented and flavorful. Don't miss Toma.Special Features:
- A Birthday CelebrationWookiesMomVIPDined on 8/17/2014My husband and I took my daughter to Toma for her 51st birthday on Sunday night. She had never been there before, but we had, and we knew it would be a good experience. We weren't disappointed; the food was wonderful as usual, and the service was impeccable. We have a great time every time, when we visit Toma, and we can't wait for the next time.Special Features:
- reservation adjustmentOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/17/2014Had a reservation 2 months in advance for 3 at the last min. just hours before our date our party increased to 5. They were able to accommodate us but at another time which was easily accepted.Special Features:
- Tasty foodpatriciaDined on 8/17/2014Great food and drinks. The Service is outstanding. We went for my son's birthday. We ordered the Black Spaghetti and loved the Capellini. We also had the Squash Blossoms A+ and Grilled Octopus. The grilled octopus is usually very good but this time it was over cooked kind of burnt and was pretty tough. Overall it was nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 5 STARS for EVERYTHING!jtm83VIPDined on 8/16/2014This was an amazing dining experience for a girl's celebration weekend. The service, the ambiance, the food, the wine (we even opted for house since we had done a few tastings already), and the price were superb. I haven't any complaints and am hoping to return here with my husband the next time we're in town!Special Features:
- RafadecDined on 8/16/2014Very nice place. The food was very good: excelent lassagna and black spaghettis. The wine list not very extense but has good options at an affordable price. The owner (Tom) very kind and attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect!thecontessaDined on 8/16/2014Right across from the beach. Lovely atmosphere, delicious food and wine, excellent service. Definitely our new go-to spot every time we are in Santa Barbara!Special Features:
- Worth driving to.FINEDINERDined on 8/13/2014Happen to be in Sta Barbara recently & staying near Stearns Wharf. Saw Toma's name in several magazines, Yelp, & Open Table, all praising it. Was a solo diner that night but only able to get reservation for 9 pm, an ok time for me. Starter was sashimi cones which are unique. The cone itself is a bit sweet but delicious on its own. Pairing it with sashimi wasn't the best choice according to my palate. The braised short rib was unbelievably delicious & tender, mashed potatoes a good match, as well as the green veggie. Excellent dessert & espresso coffee ended the evening. A bonus was the full bar (for a cocktail before dinner) and wine available by the half-bottle. Toma's would be worth driving to for 4 hours or another weekend in SB.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/12/2014Good food great service but needs air conditioning. It was a bit warm inside and we ate dinner around 7:45 pmSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Toma is a mustSuzieQDined on 8/12/2014Our visit to Toma was a truly enjoyable outing. The food and service are impeccable. Finally, someone who understands how a restaurant should flow seamlessly from the moment you enter until you find yourself back on the street fully satiated. Do yourself a favor and give this establishment a try you will not regret it!Special Features:
- Always goodsbicDined on 8/11/2014The menu doesn't change and there should be more specials but the atmosphere is nice and the menu is diverse enough.Special Features:
- Hostess Not Up to ParOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 8/10/2014I know it sounds silly saying the hostess ruined the evening, but she did. I made a reservation well in advance requesting a window table for our anniversary celebration. Instead we were seated by the kitchen door. Then the hostess proceeded to chat loudly about finances, a Jake Johnson concert and other inappropriate items with her staff. Our server was busier talking with her than helping us. Only one person was doing his job, the attendant refilling water. He brought our bread, our water, took our plates, and checked on us. Server was absent -- which tells me their front person has no idea how to run a restaurant. Food was good -- service lousy, especially for a special night.Special Features:
- great food, great serviceDavidVIPDined on 8/9/2014Wonderful evening by the waterfront. Food was consistently great throughout our courses. Service was exceptional -- friendly, patient, focused on making our evening special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A very romantic memorable dinneryumsfDined on 8/8/2014We got the best table in the house, food was delectable (heirloom tomato salad, ahi special, phyllo strawberry mousse dessert, wine!), and the ambiance & jazz was perfection. Service was impeccable (other than a hard ask on my age upon ordering wine). We had an incredibly memorable evening and couldn't have enjoyed ourselves more. We will definitely return upon our next trip to SB!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and servicelizzzzDined on 8/8/2014Food was delicious, wonderfully surprising ideas and consistent execution. The service is exactly what one hopes for - attentive without being invasive, no silly questions to interrupt conversation, just attentive to a need and quietly responsive. Only drawbacks: noise level makes talking across a larger table very hard, need to dampen sound somehow, and our waiter described the special as "seared yellowfin with pistachio crust" , suggesting tuna that was seared on the outside and deliciously raw inside, however the three at our table who ordered it got tuna cooked all the way through - disappointing, and a confusing error for such a talented kitchen. Loved the marrow appetizers and the tuna cones.Special Features:
- UnexpectedEatingAnonymousDined on 8/7/2014Had dinner with our two girls, 8 and 4 while on vacation. They were treated like princesses, better than most restaurants we have been to. The restaurant has kid trays they bring out with coloring books, stickers, and etch a schetches. The girls loved it and kept them busy all night. They also have a kids menu. As for the food, it was excellent, wine selection was good, and service impeccable. Definitely coming back next time we are in town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LuCaLuDined on 8/6/2014The appetizer tuna cones were very good. My son and daughter's food was good. I ordered a black fettucine, not good (too oily). The service was nice.
- One of Santa Barbara's bestWertDined on 8/6/2014This was my third visit to Toma. I requested (and got!) a window seat on Open Table. The waiter provided the right amount of interaction and just prompt efficient service (I think it was Colin) as did the other staff. They all seemed proud of their jobs. And finally the food was delicious. Can't seem to stay away from the tuna cones and squash blossoms, which remain outstanding. The ravioli was very good although a less outstanding…I would probably try one of the many other intriguing choices next time.Special Features:
- best in towntessaopsDined on 8/5/2014Food presentation was fantastic & tasted as good as it looked. Chef was creative in his menu. I had the marrow as an appetizer which could have been shared with 3 others but I managed to finish it myself! The scallops were cooked perfectly. My hubby had the lamb & said it was amazing. It was served with fried garbanzo beans & saffron yogurt which sounds weird but really complimented the lamb.Waitstaff was attentive but did not hover which is important in this small restaurant. Try to get a table by a window for people watching between courses. A special note to tea drinkers... they don't bring you a tea bag & cup of water but actually start steeping the tea for you & tell you how much time before you should pour.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent restaurant !SroseDined on 8/4/2014We had reservations and they were running late. Gave us complimentary wine which made the wait short. Chopped Mediterranean salad perfect. Loved the black spaghetti with clams and calamari. Highly recommend !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Santa Barbara vacation highlightBeachvacaybabeVIPDined on 8/4/2014My husband and I dine in fine restaurants all over the works. Toma is on of the best restaurants, overall, that we have ever had the pleasure of experiencing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful service!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/3/2014Came here with my mother for her birthday and we were both extremely pleased with the service. The entire staff goes out of their way to make your evening wonderful. The cocktails were fun and appetizers delightful but the star of the night was the short rib, which was absolutely amazing. Our waiter David was cute and extremely helpful with tips and suggestions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 8/3/2014We loved our meal at Toma. Great service. Fabulous olives and bread. How nice to keep the ahi cones from Emilio's. But fabulous new additions. We'll be back! (Broccoli flowers and Mediterranean salad deserve special kudos.)Special Features:
- Peg F.SnowwhiteDined on 8/2/2014Love the place. Eat here as often as we can. Just took some out of town guests and they also loved the food preparation.Special Features:
- Amazing Dinner!CalgalDined on 8/2/2014My husband and I went here for a birthday dinner while in Santa Barbara. It was a romantic little restaurant facing the beach. The food was amazing. My husband had a carrot soup with coconut milk and shrimp while I had a Tomato Burrata salad for a starter. Both were fresh and delicious. Then we split a prawn capellini pasta with an heirloom tomato sauce. It was possibly the best pasta sauce I have ever had. So amazing. Then we ended the meal with a warm chocolate torte.....yummy. I would highly recommend this restaurant and it will be a go-to when I am in Santa Barbara.Special Features:
- Very disappointingKatherinetheGr8Dined on 8/1/2014This is the second time we have had a disappointing meal after years of being great. I had the capellini with Prawns and they were so tough! Our waiter said he often gets that complaint, so why not change? My husbands cioppino was very unremarkable to say the least.Special Features: