Toma Restaurant & Bar
324 West Cabrillo Boulevard
Santa Barbara, CA 93101Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Toma Restaurant & Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://tomarestaurant.com/
- Phone: (805) 962-0777
- Hours of Operation:
Daily: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Mediterranean
- Executive Chef: Nat Ely
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, View, Wine
A word from Toma Restaurant & Bar
Toma Restaurant and Bar is the new waterfront bistro,located along Santa Barbara's picturesque Cabrillo Blvd. Experience Santa Barbara waterfront's most romantic restaurant. Savor exquisite Italian and Mediterranean inspired dishes from Santa Barbara's seasonal bounty, supporting our local fisherman, farmers, foragers and food artisans. Pour over local and Italian wines along with a full bar of handcrafted cocktails and spirits. Enjoy warm and attentive service while dining window side with a view of the enchanting Santa Barbara harbor.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Toma Restaurant & Bar - Best Restaurants in Santa Barbara ›
Toma Restaurant & Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
276 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (185)special occasion (171)romantic (141)neighborhood gem (117)notable wine list (97)scenic view (94)hot spot (51)good for groups (29)late-night find (14)kid-friendly (9)vibrant bar scene (5)great for outdoor dining (4)great for lunch (4)great for brunch (3)Show More
- SplendidhappyjackDined on 11/23/2014Lovely service, good food and drinks, comfortable setting; you won't be disappointed with choosing this place. They aim to please in every way.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food and service both incredible.mdaldeganDined on 11/23/2014Perfect meal with perfect service. We thoroughly enjoyed our meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/23/2014We have been to this restaurant a lot and like it. However, the night we went, our seating reservation was delayed and we waited at the bar. Also the osso bucco which is usually excellent was tasteless. Very disappointing. The Pio Cesare wine was averageSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Can't wait to returnTheFoodCriticDined on 11/22/2014The Lasagne was excellent, the rack of lamb was devine. The service was just so/so as our waiter spent too much time talking and not enough time working. He forgot a couple of things we asked for and had to ask again. Food was terrific...we will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Even better than I rememberJohnChisDined on 11/21/2014We are a family from Australia. We were last here in 2008.I think the restaurant was called something else then?The experience we had then was good so wanted to see what it was like now. We were not disappointed and if anything it was better than I remember.Some well priced and excellent wines (especially italian),Tom the owner was very friendly knowledeable and helpful as was our waiter. Food was plentiful and fantastic. I had the ravioli special one of the best I have ever tasted. Would highly recommend in a town that has some very good (and very average) restaurants.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Soooooo disappointingzackerDined on 11/20/2014Terrible dinner at Toma. Four of us, all were disappointed. Lasagne was bland and uninspired and the sauce tasted like it was from a jar, Romaine-octopus salad was unedible. The octopus was like tough rubber. The Ravioli was way too heavy with a mysterious dark goopy sauce. We all agreed the one tasty item was the Artichoke appetizer. This restaurant served delicious food when they first opened. What happened?????
- My new favorite restaurant in a Santa BarbaraOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/19/2014Engaged wait staff, ingenious menu, delicious food. There is so much I want to try from this kitchen, and so far everything that I've been served or my fellow diners have been served is delicious. A wide range of offerings, and nothing quite like anything being served elsewhere.Special Features:
- Excellent!RobSDined on 11/16/2014My wife and I had read the reviews for this place, which were very good reviews, and decided to try it. We were not disappointed. The food was great, the service just right, and the atmosphere was perfect. I had made our reservation through Open Table several weeks ago and Toma was ready for us when we arrived. Don't hesitate to dine at this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great findfoodieVIPDined on 11/15/2014visiting santa barbara and was so delighted we found toma, food delicious, unique menu and tremendous serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurantCarolDined on 11/15/2014The food was fabulous, the service attentive, but not intrusive, and the noise level was very quiet. That is a rare quality in this town, so I cherished the experience of having a conversation at dinner without having to shout across the table. I will put Toma on the top of my list for quality dining in Santa BarbaraSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dining beach front in Santa BarbaraNancyDined on 11/14/2014Lively crowd, delicious dinner, fun and intuitive waiter! Fair prices for dinner/services received. Will definitely return, and recommend that you dine there as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding restaurant!ShiftyVIPDined on 11/13/2014This is the best restaurant we have been to in Santa Barbara. Every dish we tasted had unique and wonderful flavors. There is nothing not to like about Toma. If you feel like Italian this is the place to visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We have been to Toma 5 times, in the past 2 yearsDougSDined on 11/13/2014Each time the meal, the service and ambiance has been outstanding. Tom the owner is always there, the wait staff is top draw, and the food is the best. It's our favorite place to go for those special dates/event-night-outs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BEST FOOD AND WAITER I CAN REMEMBERLightlyDined on 11/11/2014The free small pre appetizer olives filled w blue cheese and fried in semolina wheat was incredible. THe Butternut squash soup, the mixed drink and Creme Brulee were 5 stars, all excellent. Copp in was very, v err y good was a large portion. Lamb rack was huge portion. As good as the food was, our waiter was just as good or better. Professional, knowledgable, greatly attentive ad infinitum. Plus his voice when he sang HAPPY BIRTHDAY sounded professional. Forget his name, but he is a smallish , sorta elvish, young 47 year old man from N.J., WHO I HOPE READ THIS REVIEW. DONT MISS TOMA. And reasonable price makes it a bargain!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/10/2014The food and the service were excellent. Tom the owner was on site on a weekday nite. He was gracious and clearly loves food and service. The restaurant was busy so a reservation appears necessary. It is right on the beach across from the harbour.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great experienceSingledOutDined on 11/10/2014This was my second time at Toma. It was terrific both times.Special Features:
- Perfection!BbjgDined on 11/10/2014The food was creative and delicious. The ambiance and setting were beautiful. The service was friendly and welcoming. I loved that the kids menu offered a three- course meal with 'real' food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 11/8/2014The food was excellent and the staff were positive, professional and accommodating. Thank you for a pleasant experience at your restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 11/7/2014We recently visited Toma for the first time with another couple. The menu has a good variety of choices Two of us had the chicken on the recommendation of the waiter and it didn't disappoint. My wife had the short ribs which were also delicious. Both the Burrata and the Squash Blossoms proved to be very tasty starters without filling you up before the entree. We will now make Toma a regular on our Santa Barabara restaurant rota.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Italian restaurantJandADined on 11/7/2014Our party of four had an outstanding meal on 11/7/14. Standouts included linguini with seafood in a smoked tomato sauce, and a marrow dish with a large beef bone split in two.Special Features:
- Love this placeNatashaDined on 11/6/2014Always feel welcomed at this place, the service is great and the food amazing. I Been here several times recently and look forward to go back soon again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful settingKateyeVIPDined on 11/6/2014Great location and a nice little place. Service was great and food was good but the portions were too big! Definitely split a plate. I had the ravioli and there were at least six of them. Since I was staying at a hotel and leaving the next day I couldn't take the left overs. Try their drink called "the Local" - it was wonderful!Special Features:
- Foodie hangoutItalianMamaDined on 11/4/2014Lovely dinner there recently, first time. Good food, great service. The tables are super close together so it is impossible to not overhear multiple conversations near you. Sounded like some other restaurantures were paying a visit that night.Special Features:
- A delight!gourmande13Dined on 10/31/2014I took a client to dinner here for her birthday and it was a wonderful experience. The waiter was attentive and the food was delicious. It was my third time dining here, and each experience has been wonderful. I highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:
- quaintdgm86Dined on 10/30/2014Friendly, pleasant atmosphere, good food, what more could one want?Special Features:
- 100% Satisfied DinersPhillyGalVIPDined on 10/29/2014We really enjoyed our evening at Toma's. We started with appetizers of tuna cones and grilled octopus. THe tuna cones are not to be missed. The wines were terrific and the pour of Grey Goose was generous. The entrees were scallops which were tender and juicy with a nice brown on the outside and the short ribs were delicious. We didn't try any of the pasta dishes. We had a table by the window and it was especially nice. We are looking forward to a repeat visit to this wonderful place.Special Features:
- OUTSTANDING...SOPHIEDined on 10/29/2014INCREDIBLE DINNERS...(there were 3 of us....braised beef.....scallops.....poached fresh halibut.....all OUTSTANDING!!!Special Features:
- GREAT all around!DddbVIPDined on 10/29/2014This place was recommended by two people we know - we are from out of town. It was amazing! The food and service were both excellent. Piping hot, flavorful and large portions. An A+ ...........................
- If Not #1 in SB, way better than #2CaptainCuisineVIPDined on 10/28/2014If Not #1 in SB, way ahead of anything in #2 spot. Monday night, SRO & the place was humming. Reserved 3 days ahead to get a window 4 top. The friendliest staff we have ever encountered, even the 2 busboys stopped by to welcome us. Great menu and wine selection. Food delivery was fast and the entree's were beautifully and artfully prepared. Reserve a day or so ahead to get in between 6PM & 8PM. There is good reason this is a local's favorite.Special Features:
- A FavoriteLouie2451Dined on 10/27/2014We just loved most everything on the menu, we could not decide. We ended up getting the halibut, short ribs, capellini and rigatoni. We traded dishes all night because we just wanted what each other had. Great beach location and beautiful atmosphere.Special Features:
- LOVEreljoy101Dined on 10/27/2014I had always been very eager to try this place since I've akways heard such great things. Stellar service and the food was incredible. I ate the braised beef short rib and was nothing short of satisfied. This dinner was for my 18th birthday and I got the warm chocolate torte for dessert which was too die for! The restaurant is a little small but not much more you can do with that building. Lovely atmosphere and beautiful setting and view, definitely returning and would definitely reccomend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Need to be a regularEasytopleaseDined on 10/27/2014Clearly if your a regular the waiter tends to your needs and seems to love to chat. But if you actually want your food, water glasses refilled, or service and you don't come every night - well you can just wait. And wait...........Special Features:
- Awesome experienceLuv2travelDined on 10/25/2014Went to celebrate two 30th birthdays ! The staff was very attentive & helpful in making food & drink choices. The atmosphere was lively & fun. The food was AMAZING!! We had the gnocchi ravioli & chicken & artichoke appetizer they were all delicious !! Definately going back ! They even brought a beautiful strawberry dessert for the birthdays YUM !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing FoodmbboyDined on 10/25/2014Went with my wife over the weekend. It's a charming place with terrific service -- our waiter was great and everybody was very attentive. We started with the tuna cones everybody writes about, which were great. Things went downhill from there, though. I ordered the lasagna and ended up eating maybe a third of it. It was a big disappointment -- I've had better frozen lasagna. My wife ordered the fish special, halibut with ginger and coconut and other unusual flavors (at least for an Italian restaurant). The sauce was flavorful but the fish was overcooked and chewy. Overall, the place is lovely with a great location and fair prices but it needs to step up its game in the kitchen.
- PeterDined on 10/25/2014Toma , is a one of a kind restaurant. They have a professional staff that make eating there a pleasurable experience . They are professional in their manner but are also personable , charming add have a delightful sense of humor. The food at Toma has always been exceptional .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food, lovely venuefoodiedelightDined on 10/25/2014I had the scallops dish and my friends had pasta. Both of us raved about Toma. Really top-notch food. The scallops preparation is one of the best that I have ever had. Great service and lovely dining experience. I particularly appreciated that the noise level was low in comparison with many fine-dining places.Special Features:
- cozy and small great findluvchocolateDined on 10/24/2014Loved this place for dinner. Downside is no views. You have to go for lunch or early dinner to see the Ocean. Don't miss the Tuna Cones. ..superb. would go back anytimeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FantasticOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/24/2014Perfect place for a special night out. The service was great, even with a packed house, the dishes were spectacular, the owner stopped by to chat. A true gem!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful!ChristyBVIPDined on 10/23/2014Great atmosphere; good drinks; wonderful service and delicious food! What is not to like?Special Features:
- A meal to remember!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/23/2014About the best food and service in town! You made the evening a perfect Birthday gift for my wife! We will highly recommend your venue to all of our friends!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.