The Studio, An Artistic Dining Experience
20 Executive Park Road
Hilton Head Island, SC 29928Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
The Studio, An Artistic Dining Experience
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.studiodining.com/
- Phone: 8437856000
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner : Tuesday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm, Sunday: 5:30pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: International, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Paul Colella
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: The Studio is able to accommodate Private Events on-premise for up to 40 people. Please contact us to discuss off-premise options. Chef Paul will gladly customize your party to meet your every need. Wine Dinners/Lectures are always available, and are a great way to entice clients to join an event! Our artists and musicians are available for events if desired.
- Private Party Contact: Paul Colella 843-785-6000
- Entertainment: Please call for details
A word from The Studio, An Artistic Dining Experience
Entice Your Senses While You Dine, Innovative International Cuisine, Live Musical Entertainment, Fine Art Gallery, Artists Creating at the Easel and Early Dining Discounts Available.Continued
Private Dining Room Available for up to 40 People
Rated Top Restaurant in Hilton Head 2008-2009
Wine Spectator Award of Excellence
Private Dining Room Available for up to 40 People
Rated Top Restaurant in Hilton Head 2008-2009
Wine Spectator Award of Excellence
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
The Studio, An Artistic Dining Experience - Best Restaurants in Hilton Head ›
The Studio, An Artistic Dining Experience reviews from OpenTable diners
55 reviews since May 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
romantic (46)special occasion (38)fit for foodies (35)neighborhood gem (23)notable wine list (20)good for groups (5)hot spot (1)great for brunch (1)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- WonderfulOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/19/2014Atmosphere was great. Food was wonderful. Music was fantastic. Exceeded our expectationsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Faorite restaurant on the island.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/18/2014We have been vacationing on Hilton Head for the past 12 years and our only reret is that we did not discover The Studio until this year!! What a gem. It is now our favorite dining place on the island and we are looking forward to Tapa night this coming Tuesday. Absolutely no complaints.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great restaurant good vegan optionssharonDined on 9/6/2014It is quite rare to find an excellent restaurant that can accommodate vegan dining and regular food options as well and also be a romantic fine dining experience! I highly recommend this restaurant for anyone and especially for those of you who are vegetarian or vegan. The food is outstanding. It was an excellent choice for my husband's birthday dinner.Special Features:
- An Island FvoritePepBoyDined on 9/5/2014If you visit Hilton Head, you must try The Studio. Best time is on Friday or Saturday evening when Armand DeMille is singing and playing the guitar after 7pm. Reservations are suggested.Special Features:
- Mrs. TrombleyDianneDined on 9/2/2014Quaint, quiet, romantic, small rooms, fine dining. Food impeccable, service friendly and attentive. I would recommend this place for a quiet dining experience or a special occasion. Prices for entrees start at $30 but worth the price. Vegetarian meals start around $20. Wine list good. Didn't try the dessert, we were full. Filet mignon was the best I had ever had, even better than The Chop House in Charleston SC, which is really good.Special Features:
- Lose the musicPeggyDined on 8/30/2014The music was like bad Karaoke. Too bad and too loud. Distracting and just not necessary. Also the whole place was just too dark. I understand that they are trying to create a "mood" for the artwork, but they needed a few more candles. In spite of it all - the food was delicious - although the wine list (by the glass) was a bit sparse. And overall it was quite expensive.Special Features:
- FabulousswannyDined on 8/29/2014I have been to the Studio many times, and everytime it's great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quiet & elegant.JamesDined on 8/28/2014Combination art gallery and chef-driven gourmet food. Attentive service. Overall a great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent dinnerTwofoodysDined on 8/27/2014We were vacationing at Hilton Head Island and tried a number of nice restaurants while we were there (I would say both my husband and I are 'foodies'). We both decided The Studio was the best experience of our trip. The hostess was friendly and gracious, the waitress was friendly and efficient, and the food was excellent. We thoroughly enjoyed our experience at this restaurant. Having art work to view during and after the meal was an added bonus.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- jbjtDined on 8/26/2014My friend thought the restaurant looked like an office business not a restaurant. He did not like the soup and the steak was tasteless. He also found the background music irritating. I on the other hand loved the art, my soup was great and the sea food was fine. The vegetable was limp and overdone as it should be crispy. I would try again but he will not.
- One of a kind!Dondonme423Dined on 8/21/2014Been coming to HHI since '87. We found this gem about 5years ago and go back every year. Not for children, casual yet elegant , perfect for a special occasion or a romantic dinner for two. The menu has a great selection of spectacular entrees. The food is absolutely delicious especially the Artist's Palate! Their waiter, Alex was extremely personable, attentive and knowledgeable. You will not be disappointed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect EveningfoodmanDined on 8/20/2014My husband and I recently dined at the Studio for my birthday. Per usual, the food was fantastic. My duck breast was cooked to perfection and the portion was so generous, I had it again for lunch the next day. My husband ordered the special pallet trio of filet, lamb and grouper. He reported his was exceptional, as well. Ambiance is charming; we love the owner's paintings hung on most walls. Service was attentive and personable.Special Features:
- Still a great restaurant, off nightHHIGuyVIPDined on 8/19/2014Our fourth time to the Studio in fifteen months---and not the best of the four. Seemed short staffed and rushed. We gave five stars out of five for our first three visits. An off night. A wonderful restaurant overall. Well worth your time. Hoping our next visit sees a return to the quality we enjoyed the first three. Cocktails were outstanding.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lives Up to its BillingJJFAVIPDined on 8/16/2014We had dinner there on 8/16/14. The restaurant was as described by the many patrons of Open Table. The artist at work at a canvas added to the ambience, and a guitarist played well-known standards softly in the background. Very nice. The food was also very good. We had the house salad (ample and well-prepared) and the rack of lamb, as our entree, was good, but with risotto and gravy. (We prefer mint with our rack of lamb.) However, my wife thought the risotto was the best she had ever had. For dessert, we thoroughly enjoyed the bread pudding with glaze (bourbon?) and a dollop of vanilla ice cream on top. Delicious! Also enjoyed the house pinot noir and a cup of decaf coffee with the dessert. We shall be back.Special Features:
- Nice spot...KphjrVIPDined on 8/16/2014We really enjoyed our evening at Studio. The restaurant is intimate with a musician playing guitar. The food was delicious! We had the palate trio (good when you can't decide), duck (wife really liked), tuna carpaccio (one of our best appetizers on Hilton Head - yum) and crab and vidalia onion soup (also good). Would have stayed for dessert... "Bananas Foster Bread Pudding", but to full. Next time!Special Features:
- Hidden TreasureLindaHHIDined on 8/15/2014Tucked away but worth the search. Great food (I chose a pricey combo)and setting. Only criticism was that live entertainment was promised, but there was none on a Friday night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DonMDined on 8/10/2014We brought our 7 and 3 year olds, and they were very accommodating to us. Quiet rainy evening, very attentive service and great food, and price was as expected. The filet was good quality and scallops big and seared correctly. Yes, decor is eclectic, but not offensive or bad taste as one reviewer stated. All in all, we'll do again without any hesitation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden gem. Excellent foodFoodisLifeDined on 8/6/2014Hidden neighborhood gem with excellent food and a unique menu. This is the 3rd time we've been and the 3rd time the food was exceptional along with the service. The chefs palate samplers are always unique and a solid play if you can't decide. The menu also offers many locally grown veggies and locally caught or raised fish and beef. Reasonably priced as well. You cannot go wrong here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best in Hilton Head!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/31/2014Very nice find while on vacation in HH. Everything about our dining experience was excellent. Tried many local resturants but this was indeed the best! Food was prepared perfectly and staff was very attentive. Will return on our next trip to the island.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SpecialDencorDined on 7/31/2014We were looking for a special dining experience and the Studio had it all. Delicious food, beautiful artwork, meticulous wait staff, and a romantic setting. Loved it.Special Features:
- Food is the focus.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/29/2014Exquisite selections, delicious presentation, adequate portions, taste was superb.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden GemvegprincessVIPDined on 7/24/2014The Studio was a bit hidden, but we were delighted once we found it. The service was impeccable. The food was perfection. There were several vegetarian/vegan alternatives. Dessert was out of this world! Highly recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simply the Best!LRM1Dined on 7/19/2014This restaurant provided our family with the best dining experience of our ten day vacation. The atmosphere is warm and intimate, with tasteful live music and a resident painter creating a masterpiece right before your eyes. The dining room is an actual art gallery, and seats only about 20 people. The menu is eclectic, and includes five vegan entrees in addition to the traditional meat and seafood options. Our vegan family tried four of the five vegan entrees, and each one was simply amazing. We also enjoyed a delicious chocolate cheesecake for dessert. (vegan, but no one would ever guess!) The waiter was attentive and knowledgeable. Overall, one of the best dining experiences we have had anywhere, even before becoming vegan.Special Features:
- Treat yourself!MegruberDined on 7/17/2014Fresh, colorful, varietal dishes in an intimate setting. Great vegetarian/vegan options - the jambalaya is our favorite. Attentive & friendly staff. We drive over an hour just to eat here for date night!Special Features:
- What a findGolfnEatDined on 7/11/2014We have been going to Hilton Head for 30 years and thought we knew all the truly great places. We were wrong, we were very wrong. The Studio was absolutely awesome. Incredible food, great service, live entertainment, works of art - just unique and wonderful. The steak I had was possibly the best I have ever tasted. All the entre's were exceptional and the Crab and Vidalia soup was to die for. We will be returning. A new one on our top 10.Special Features:
- True ArtistryDestinDadDined on 7/10/2014One of the best meals we had on the island during our recent visit. Food was overall excellent and certainly unique. The tuna appetizer was the highlight of my meal, extremely flavorful and well presented. The only imperfection was the temperature of the grilled meats, I ordered medium-rare and instead found them to be medium-well. None the less, excellent flavors.Special Features:
- Very fineKygamaDined on 7/9/2014This very special boutique restaurant has great food and service. It was very quiet and relaxing. It would be great for a intimate special occasion or romantic meal.Special Features:
- The people are as good as the foodScottVIPDined on 7/8/2014This is a small restaurant that boasts an eclectic menu. Even when you think you know what you are ordering, the chef's take on it will still pleasantly surprise you. Lunonia (your Hostess) personally greets all diners. Her art hangs on the walls and she loves to talk about it. Our waitress, Amanda, was knowledgeable and friendly. I am not a vegetarian, but the menu boasts a good selection of these dishes. I am always tempted to go vegetarian for the day. I highly recommend The Studio.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FinediningDined on 6/25/2014one of our favorites on the island. A great place for a special occasion or just and evening of fine dining. The atmosphere is quiet and very comfortable with the owner's paintings on the wall and low light. Service is excellent with both the waitress and owner giving lots of attention to your dining needs and delivery of your order. The menu very exquisit with the "chefs tasting" menu a great value. The food is prepared to order and presented beautifully. All in all, a wonderful dining experience. Highly recommended.Special Features:
- Always a pleasure - great dining!foodsnobsDined on 6/20/2014As usual, the food was great. Owners and wait staff treat you as family. Had the scallops and they were delicious. My wide had tuna and it was great too. The Vidallia Crab soup is the best appetizer we've had on the island. Will be back on our next visit to HHI.Special Features:
- Anniversary dinnerHallamityDined on 6/10/2014Great meal and service. They did not have the wine I ordered and did not knock the price down on the bottle I got which was $2.00 more. Not very considerate. Since it was our 58th anniversary, they did present us with a glass of sparkling wine before dinner, nice touch. Not sure we will return since there are so many excellent restaurants in the area.Special Features:
- Fantastic food with a touch of artSharkDined on 6/3/2014This is possibly one of the most impressive decor's I have ever experience. The owners taste in fine décor is amazing. Even the water glasses and the plates are originals. The owners is an artist and her work adorns the walls. The chef (and also owner) uses only the freshest of ingredients. Farm fresh vegetables, smooth and luxurious sauces. Their fish is the available catches of the day and their lamb and beef is aged to perfection. Above all don't miss the blueberry crumb cake a l a mode!Special Features:
- phillypieVIPDined on 5/31/2014Very eclectic ambiance with live soothing music. Food unbelievably surprising. Everything we had was creative, delicious and great presentation too. Service quite outstanding. Loved it and would visit again if in the area.Special Features:
- This is a hidden gem!Linda1011Dined on 5/30/2014I recently visited Hilton Head for vacation. There are many fine restaurants and they are hard to find because most of them are tucked back off the main roads. I found this gem though opentable.com and decided to try it out based the favorable reviews. The food and service were excellent. There was live soft music playing in the background and the musician came over to ask if we had any special requests. It is small intimate place. In fact we started talking with our table neighbors and they said they come to Hilton Head every year during the same week and eat at this restaurant. It wasn't very busy so I hope people continue to discover and patronize it. I highly recommend it!! Best meal of the week.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/27/2014Outstanding Food and Service and is high on our list for future visistsSpecial Features:
- Excellent EVERY timeHHIGuyVIPDined on 5/25/2014Each time we visit the studio we can count on outstanding service, fantastic food and artful presentation. Once again the grouper was spot on, the filet cooked to perfection and the escargot was presented well. We visit The Studio every time we are on island. Cozy, intimate and worth every cent. Keep up the great work Paul and Lunonia...we champion the Studio every chance we get.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- IncredibleOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/24/2014From the moment we walked in, until the moment we left we received top notch service. We had the hummus with grilled shrimp which was incredible for an appetizer. For dinner we had the palette which consisted of filet, grouper topped with crab and lamb chops. Everything was cooked to perfection and outstanding. Others at my table had the paella,which looked like art work, tuna steak and rib eye. For dessert we had the bannana bread pudding. Everything tasted phenomenal and my group of 6 loved everything they were served. Alex the waiter was outstanding! His recommendations and service was the best I've seen in a long time. We can't wait to return to Hilton Head and Studio!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of our HHI favoritesDiscerningdinerVIPDined on 5/23/2014The Studio is always a unique dining experience. Fabulous food, live entertainment and a lovely dining space make for a perfect evening. Yummy crab and onion bisque, salad and filet offered as a trio for $36. My husband had the lamb and loved it. We'll be back!Special Features:
- The following 410 reviews are from the The Studio, An Artistic Dining Experience reviews archive.
- Unique dining experiencemarilVIPDined on 5/18/2014Excellent and creative food in an artistic and creative atmosphere. Superb service by the artist/co-owner who introduced the art and the dinner menu in a warm and friendly manner. The rack of lamb was superb and the palette provided a sampling of the excellent filet mignonette, lamb and black grouper - all with wonderful sauces. An unexpected artistic treasure in a strip mall setting.Special Features:
- Great Dining and ArtShanaDined on 5/16/2014special restaurant with good food and ambiance - also enjoy the music -very special restaurantSpecial Features: