The Pullman Kitchen
205 5th. St.
Santa Rosa, CA 95401Neighborhood:
CalifornianPrice: $30 and under
The Pullman Kitchen
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://thepullmankitchensr.com/
- Phone: 7075454300x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Sunday: 5:30pm - 9:00pm; Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 10:00am - 3:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Californian, Mediterranean
- Executive Chef: Darren McRonald
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Beer, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: We have several private dining options available: our Caboose room comfortably seats up to 14 people or may accommodate up to 20 for cocktails and passed appetizers; additionally, we can host your larger party or corporate event in our building"s conference room, which can seat groups up to 40 and includes a large screen display for presentations or viewing media.
- Private Party Contact: Jay Wyant-King 7075454300x
- Cross Street: 1001 Mission Blvd. #14
- Parking: Private Lot
- Parking Details: We offer free off street parking in our private lot, accessible from the corner of 6th st. & Davis st. Additional parking is available on street and in the public lot immediately south of The Pullman Kitchen, on the corner of 5th st. & Davis st.
A word from The Pullman Kitchen
The Pullman Kitchen is a new restaurant in the historic Railroad Square District of Santa Rosa, serving inspired, fresh & locally sourced cuisine. Our seasonal and everchanging menu reflects the bounty of Sonoma County and the culinary traditions of the Mediterranean.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
The Pullman Kitchen reviews from OpenTable diners
89 reviews since May 1, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (59)neighborhood gem (52)great for lunch (25)special occasion (20)notable wine list (17)great for brunch (14)hot spot (8)romantic (6)kid-friendly (5)good for groups (5)late-night find (5)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Tried multiple items all yummyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014Went for a date night, had done research on yelp. The staff was very polite helpful. I had two small plates and we had poke which was awesome. My husband had fish tacos enjoyed them. We had budino for dessert sooo good! Well done we will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Brunch EverBernieWeekenderDined on 8/17/2014Went with 5 other people who have never been. We got the pancakes and biscuits and gravy for shared apps, we then all got our own entrees. We had eggs benny, and this amazing shrimp salad sandwich, we also ordered a few more small plates to share. The beer list was great and my girlfriends and I all got bloody marys. They were made with soju (which I don't usually go for) but they were amazing and went with the food perfectly. The service was friendly, our sever helped us have a relaxing enjoyable time. My friends were from out of town and hadn't heard of this place yet, I can't wait to take more new ppl!Special Features:
- A great find!citygalDined on 8/16/2014The Pullman Kitchen is a real gem! The menu is varied, and large enough for great choices. The wait staff try very hard to please, and the decor is chic comfort food. Go there!Special Features:
- Nice placeCleanyourplateVIPDined on 8/16/2014The Pullman Kitchen is a nice spot -- some remnants of Three Squares remain, but otherwise it is a new vibe. The menu is somewhat limited, but the choices are interesting and the food is very good. The service was nice. Only quibble might be with the wine list -- prices are at the low end and the high end, not much in the middle.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent dinnerpetraleDined on 8/16/2014My husband and I went for dinner and found a new place for outstanding food and excellent, pleasant service..we had braised short ribs with mashed potatoes and it was so good. Also, the caprese salad with mozzarella and buratta and fabulous heirloom tomatoes, makes me want to go back right away while the tomatoes are still in season. The wines were well priced.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- new restaurant convenience locationSonomaNapaLocalVIPDined on 8/16/2014We've visited this location for 15 years when others were in the kitchen. Thankfully the new chef is talented and the cuisine is notable. Very fresh, extremely well seasoned. We mostly eat fish and the Salmon was moist and flavorful on a bed of tasty medley of fresh corn and veggies - outstanding. The fresh fish tacos are very good, the corn meal batter may be a bit thick, personally I prefer a tempura batter for its shattering crunch, but the fish is bedded with a small amount of avocado and plenty of crunchy cabbage. I've already reserved out next dinner, so pleased a chef has stepped into this convenient location and is producing quality. Service is friendly and engaging.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Square MealGuscoffierVIPDined on 8/15/2014Railroad Square has another good choice for diners; The Pullman Kitchen has moved into the old Syrah space and simplified the look, but not the food. We enjoyed a great dinner here this week with excellent service. We started with bacon-wrapped dates which were savory and juicy. Then enjoyed the short rib, the bavette steak and the masala. All were delicious. There is a small but good wine list which will not break the bank. They also offer a number of wines by the glass including some delicious Unti wines. All-in-all a successful evening which we wrapped up with apricot bread pudding. One serving was enough for all three of us.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/13/2014Our server Jeff was excellent. The menu was interesting but the food needs some work. The wedge salad was excellent, as were the potoato chips. The potato pancakes, pork belly and tuna tartare needs to be refined.
- Love it!EllaDined on 8/11/2014This is our new favorite restaurant. It just keeps getting better. Fantastically high quality food, service and ambience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a find!citygalDined on 8/11/2014The Pullman Kitchen has it all - easy parking, great decor (a diner feel without being cheesy), terrific service, and...the food. The menu isn't large, but is very eclectic, with something for everyone. We had an early dinner there and couldn't have been more pleased. We'll be back!Special Features:
- MopyDined on 8/8/2014Went on Fri nite. Had reservation. Seated quickly, but moved twice at request of staff. Everybody friendly, but not very efficient. Whether service was slow (long gaps) or just a "relaxed pace" is in the eye of the beholder. To us it seemed too slow, and some items were not remembered with accuracy. Food was very good but not outstanding. Chicken pretty and tasty but sauce fatty. Fish tacos very good. The restaurant's policy of adding a 17% gratuity to all checks irked me a bit as I am a reliable tipper in my own, but props to them for being forthright about it. I'm sure we'll go back likely for lunch. Dinner just was not, for us, truly a $100 experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great comfort foodstagekatDined on 8/5/2014We had the fried green tomatoes, which were divine, the short rib which was melt-in-the-mouth tender, and the chicken with spinach-Parmesan pancakes which was wonderful, albeit a bit dry. The service was good - attentive, but not too attentive. The restaurant is pretty loud, even on a slow night, so we sat in the atrium which was much calmer. We will definitely go back.Special Features:
- 2nd time here and will be backJonFVIPDined on 8/4/2014There are many good choices for dining in downtown Santa Rosa and I have eaten here 2 of my last 3 dinners in SR. It is GREAT comfort food cooked with sophistication. The corkage fee is only $5 as well. I will be back my next visit to SR.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New Find in old spotSuzyVIPDined on 8/3/2014We thoroughly enjoyed dining at Pullman. Food was excellent - especially pancakes - we even recommended that they be on the menu as an appetizer not just a side. Some glitches in process but nothing that would keep us from coming back - we even have reservations for another meal - details that staff should be able to address easily. We are looking forward to our next meal there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time - won't be the last!WestCountyJBDined on 8/3/2014My wife and I took a couple out-of-town visitors. We tried a few small plates - bacon wrapped dates (rich as expected, but very tasty), caprese salad (very fresh, also tasty), fried green tomatoes (great! - best of the three). Entrees, two of us had scallops (nothing short of exquisite! in a bed of fresh corn, green beans, more). Another had roasted eggplant, another roasted chicken - both excellent. Decent wine list, the waiter brought us a sample, a good fit. A double chocolate budino for desert (says for two, was plenty for four) - creme brulee with a fired chocolate top - simply awesome. I was a little concerned when I saw the PD had it at 2 1/2 stars. So glad that did not stop us. Easily 3 to 3 1/2 stars would be more appropriate.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My new favorite downtown restaurantFastidiousVIPDined on 8/2/2014The menu looks simple till you read the fine print. Every dish has its own special addition, garnish or side dish. And whatever the main feature is comes out perfect. Don't miss the broiled chicken or the fried green tomatoes.Special Features:
- The DinerOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/1/2014From appetizers to main courses to dessert--it was outstanding. All tasty and attractive on the plate. Great service as well. I recommend to all looking for good food that does have a tasty but slight twist from the other fine restaurants in the area. Upper end on price but you get what you pay for. Good close parking also. Open Table reservations made it smooth.Special Features:
- GREATAdventurousFoodieVIPDined on 8/1/2014Went for late lunch. Shared a bottle of French Rose which paired perfectly with our food. Started with onion rings. They were so good we almost ordered a second but were saved by the rest of our food arriving just as we finished. Shared the warm calamari salad, mussels with frittes, and rabbit rissoto. Everything was GREAT. Can't wait to go back for dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bday dinnerReneDined on 7/29/2014My b-day dinner was absolutely awesome. 9 people , 7 different meals & not 1 complaint!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great re-doBarbaraDined on 7/29/2014This was my first visit to the site since Three Squares left. The interior is very appealing, and the "arcade" space nicely set off for a more private dining area. The menu was limited but each dish sounded interesting. The soup of the day was so creative and delicious, I could have eaten several bowls. I will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overpriced & a Tip-on-Demand SystemOpenTable Diner Since 2003Dined on 7/27/2014The menu is very limited. The food is overpriced for the area. The food is average for the area. The portions are barely adequate. A child's burger, quite tiny, is $8 so this place is not kid-friendly. The waiter we had chatted us up about his personal opinions on a variety of subjects. To top it all off, we had a 17% 'service charge' added to our bill without any forewarning on the menu that we noticed.
- What Fun2aboutUVIPDined on 7/26/2014My wife and I were in Sonoma for the Vineman Triathlon and I had made the reservation months in advance. We had never been in Santa Rosa previously and I found this choice on Open table as I was doing the travel planning. I looked interesting and turned out to be a great place. I had the special which was salmon with a very flavorful vegetable raggu and my wife had the Fish Taco's which they made with halibut for her; both were excellent. The service was great and the place was full so I see we are not the only ones that enjoyed the food. The menu is small so hopefully they change it often. It will be a year before we are back that way and we will go again! Great food and great staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We'll be backBirdcallsVIPDined on 7/26/2014The modern décor with metal tables and chairs would normally conjure up a cold sterile experience. Not so at Pullman Kitchen. Somehow those metal chairs are actually comfortable. The bright open room is not overly jammed. Even when it filled up it was not very noisy. The wait staff is very attentive and friendly without being over the top. The food is delicious and beautifully presented. We had a fresh zesty ceviche, delicious fish taco, and grilled local king salmon in wonderful taponade. We were on our way to a concert and did not have time for desert. The choices looked terrific....but, WE'LL BE BACK!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pullman KitchenlocalyokelDined on 7/24/2014Overall a fine meal with a bad aftertaste. The restaurant charges a mandatory 17% service charge regardless of party size espousing a higher calling of "living wage". All four of us at dinner agreed it was high handed and we came for a meal, not to be indoctrinated in their political belief system. Further checking with some personnel associated with the restaurant indicated is a ruse meant to subsidize the kitchens pay at the wait staffs expense. If they want to pay the kitchen staff more, great, raise your prices to reflect the cost. Your actions cost your servers and also cost you clients as we will not return. PS, we typically tip 20% but do not when we are forced to adhere to misguided and deceptive political posturing.
- Geat Food, Disappointing EndOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/19/2014The atmosphere was wonderful, we sat in the outer, quieter section. Staff was friendly. Food was delicious. Up to this point I would highly recommend Pullman Kitchen. After being served our entrée, the waiter forgot us and it was over 45 minutes before he came back to the outside area where we were sitting so that we could flag him down. When the bill came, a 17% gratuity was included so they can pay their staff higher wages, but....out waiter didn't have to earn his tip. Also, tax is charged after the gratuity so you pay tax on food and gratuity instead of just the food.Special Features:
- Great addition to Sonoma CountyOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/18/2014We were very pleased with our dining experience on a Friday night. The food is interesting, delicious and able to be paired with fine wines.Special Features:
- Solid Base, Some Room to ImproveSVHS76GradDined on 7/18/2014We joined another couple for dinner at the Pullman Kitchen. I ordered the Tuna Tartare, Korma, and Apricot Brioche Bread Pudding. I found the Tuna to be good quality but lacking in seasoning and a marked lack of acid balance. Adding a lemon slice to the presentation and some additional seasoning in mixing the tartare could be a good improvement. The Korma was good - terrific firm texture and flavor, with the quinoa done perfectly (not easy to accomplish). I am somewhat of a bread pudding connoisseur and was disappointed by my dessert. It was served cold (warming it would enhance the flavors) and the overall taste was bland to tart with the apricot reduction on top. I recommend Pullman and hope they will seek to improve these selections.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Date NightTable4SixDined on 7/17/2014Bacon wrapped Dates are outstanding. I had the grilled Halibut Special and my wife had the Braised Short Ribs. Both were outstanding. We also had the Spinach and Parmesan Pancakes. Sounded odd but they were delicious as well. The wait staff was helpful and provided great service. This was great place to spend some time together.Special Features:
- Pullman Kitchen, Santa Rosa, CABobharrisDined on 7/14/2014This is a relatively new restaurant that has an eclectic menu. Prices are moderate. Food was good, service was excellent. Parking is easy as there is a city lot across the street. The corkage fee is particularly interesting in that it is only $5. Unusual in this day and age. Of course, many restaurants in Sonoma County, California do not charge corkage at all if the wine originates in Sonoma County. I would recommend Pullman Kitchen.Special Features:
- I never ate this well on a train!FastidiousVIPDined on 7/12/2014The menu is varied, but the choices seem ordinary: chicken, meatballs, fish. But, the dishes are anything but ordinary. The combination of tastes and presentation surprised us at every course. The chicken was outstanding, both crisp and moist. Can't wait to go back.Special Features:
- Totally HappylneedleDined on 7/9/2014I'd read such good reviews about this place that a friend and I just had to try it. We weren't disappointed, quite the contrary, we were really pleased. I'd describe the food as extremely well-prepared and extremely delicious comfort food, with a few very pleasant twists. Our server, Nicki, was a gem. She's a CIA graduate and a chef, who's really into people and wanted out of the kitchen. Her knowledge of their food and wine was extensive and helpful. She had a rare combination of genuineness and competence that I rarely encounter in a server. They were pretty busy, on a Wednesday night. I hope that continues through their first winter. I definitely want to keep coming back here.Special Features:
- Great find! Pullman KitchenHappy95girlDined on 7/7/2014Just perfect and open late!! We eat out a lot and try all the new places all over Sonoma county. The little bar is perfect to sit and dine as you watch the chef cook his magic! The menu is perfectly small meaning there is somthing for everyone but not to much. Great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious find!chefmcgDined on 7/1/2014On a whim, we decided to go for an early dinner. Never having been before we had no idea about the menu or the restaurant. Being a chef, I like to sit where I can observe the kitchen so we sat at the bar overlooking that area. Our server was very attentive and engaging. The chef and his team were like a well oiled machine. Nice to see. My wife really wanted to try the parmesan and spinach pancake but decided upon a dish that it didn't come with. Chef, hearing her comments, surprised us with one to enjoy with our meal. Nice touch. Both of our entrees were delicious. Good portions. Wine list is a bit small, but made us step outside our comfort zone and try a Spanish wine. We'll definitely be back.Special Features:
- 5 Stars!aimeelaDined on 6/28/2014Dylan and Jay out waitstaff were impeccable! Friendly, knowledgeable and beautiful energy! The food was divine - from starters, entrees through dessert. Highly recommend this restaurant! We'll definitely come back!Special Features:
- OkayOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/27/2014I found the service to be top notch. The bacon wrapped dates appetizer was burned beyond recognition but our server promptly observed this and requested another order without my having to ask. The second order was better but still over cooked. Spinach and parmesan pancakes were okay. The wine was pretty good. Nothing about the experience seemed to merit another visit although I hear the brunch is good.Special Features:
- ElceeVIPDined on 6/19/2014They recently had a "soft" opening. Not very busy on a Thursday for lunch. The food is quite good - some serious cooking going on in the kiitchen. It's an all-day menu with salads, sandwiches, small & large plates. The yellowtail tuna reuben (no sauerkraut yeah!) was excellent. My wife had a small excellent mixed salad and spinach-parmesan pancakes that were very good. A berry bread pudding was outstanding! We've already told our foodie friends about this one!Special Features:
- Too much about making $$$luv2eatVIPDined on 6/17/2014Portion of food not good, desert for two is actually a size of one desert (price of two). Favor of dishes are fine, not fantastic. Price is high overall. The final kicker is the involuntary 17% gratuity & the piggy back tax on gratuity. We generally tip 15 - 25% anyways; we would like to have the liberty to decide on the service received. It is a bad finish to a mediocre dining experience.
- wasn't greatMsdinerDined on 6/14/2014Pullman Kitchen was just okay. Our server was really good but it was hard to find something on the menu that was exciting, and it was very limited. The home made ice cream tasted like egg and the beer menu was awful. It was also over priced cornstarch it was. Wouldn't recommend.
- excellemt in every area...WillCDined on 6/14/2014We met here from 3 differant states for brunch before a family funeral. We were treated so well and enjoyed our brunch with them. The food was perfect, the ambience was great and the service very attentive.. They will certainly see us again next time we are in the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our favorite new spotShelbyVIPDined on 6/13/2014Best new place for a great time! We have had fantastic meals on our two visits...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.