Palm Restaurant - Houston
Houston, TX 77057Neighborhood:
Galleria / Uptown
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
Palm Restaurant - Houston
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.thepalm.com/houston
- Phone: 7139772544
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch Served Monday - Friday 11:00 am - 3:00 pm
Dinner Served Monday - Friday 3:00 pm - 11:00 pm,
Saturday 5:00 pm - 11:00 pm, Sunday 5:00 pm - 10:00 pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Italian, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Ricardo Ramirez-Rea
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Wine
- Special Events: There’s always something happening at the Palm! To learn more about our latest specials and events visit http://www.thepalm.com/Specials
A word from Palm Restaurant - Houston
For over 87 years The Palm Restaurant has been renowned for its USDA Prime aged steaks, jumbo Nova Scotia lobsters, family recipe Italian entrées, warm smiles, outstanding service and an atmosphere like nowhere else. Located at 6100 Westheimer, The Palm’s newly revamped Houston location offers seating for more than 300 patrons, extensive private dining options and a beautiful outdoor dining patio.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Palm Restaurant - Houston reviews from OpenTable diners
120 reviews since May 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (86)notable wine list (48)fit for foodies (46)vibrant bar scene (39)good for groups (34)great for lunch (32)romantic (30)neighborhood gem (28)hot spot (18)late-night find (6)great for brunch (5)kid-friendly (3)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Great steaks, fresh remodelCRamsDined on 9/15/2014A little quiet on a Monday night at 7:30 for our party of 6 but we were looking to chat. They had a 50% off select wines so we ordered 2 bottles of Stagsleap Merlot. Service was excellent as we had 2 guys, 1 circling at all times. I had a Caesar with a 9 oz filet special with crab meat which was very good. The women ordered salad and an hot appetizer... crab cakes, bacon rapped scallops etc, as they don't have any steak smaller than 9oz, my only knock on the place. Other guys ordered the Veal Marsala and NY Strip w peppercorn sauce. You can add any sauce - peppercorn, hollandaise, bearnaise or chimichuri for $1.50 or Oscar for $12. We had forgot to order sides but our waiter brought us spinach. About $175 per couple before tip.Special Features:
- GenerousTipperDined on 9/10/2014The food and drinks are outstanding quality (especially the lobster), but the service has become indifferent at best. We have loved the Palm in the past, but it seems to have lost its soul in the redo.Special Features:
- PriceyLonkleneDined on 9/6/2014Food was good. Most of our local steakhouses offer the same menu. But, we sat right outside the kitchen door and for $46 for a filet, I wanted a better experience. Most Houston steakhouses price their filet at $30 - $35. Everything at the Palm is Ala-Carte, wine prices are also higher than other steakhouses.
- ExperienceJessejamesDined on 9/6/2014Had a 3 hour dinner with my best girlfriend Saturday night. We were never rushed or felt pressured by the waiter. The GM, Jim, was welcoming and attentive. Our waiter, Rene, was friendly, helpful and attentive as well. Our food was so delicious and they even warmed up our chocolate cake because we mentioned we wanted a warm dessert. Great night- hope to get back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- bugsy7448Dined on 9/6/2014my favorite restaurant in Houston. Jim Martin always makes you feel welcome. Food is consistant and great, and service always top notch. I have been coming here for 33 years and hope to eat at the palm many more years!!!!!!!!!!!! Alan van DixSpecial Features:
- It's The PalmOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/4/2014You know what to expect when you dine at The Palm. Excellent service, wonderful food. comfortable, elegant atmosphere. 3x this year and The Palm never disappoints. Consistent and excellent. It's what to expect and the Houston Palm always delivers.Special Features:
- Ate at the barRadioprinceVIPDined on 9/3/2014Food was great as usual but the two bartenders didn't work well together and our service was a little slow. Had to ask several times for things that one bartender would say they would do but the other bartender was actually going to take the action. Other than that it was a great experience.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/29/2014The Houston Palm Restaurant is the best restaurant in Houston.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/27/2014It was a wonderful night to celebrate a special occassion. Everything was great!Special Features:
- PerfectBuybrokerDined on 8/27/2014Perfect service. 3lb Lobster with crab cakes and lobster bisk. Lunch date was impressed. Tell a friendSpecial Features:
- Food & WineBigjohncarpVIPDined on 8/26/2014Excellent service with large pour of outstanding wine by the glass. Lunch was a great experience. Good selection of the lunch $25.50 special and one of my guest raved about his Sea Bass.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Surprising off dayLuv2dineDined on 8/25/2014Perhaps it was because it was a Monday dinner, requested quiet table they sat loud people all around us even though there were only a few people in the place, waiter was someone I had never seen and was annoying with his pepper mill and interruptions. Lamb chops were tough but tasty. Maiter'D came by and looked at the chops and wrinkled his face and looked very serious, asked how it was cooked and walked away. Not the kind if attention I am used to here.I would recommend this to a friend.
- What We MisssgbooDined on 8/23/2014Really miss old waitstaff that were there for years from before the remodeling. They were efficient, attentive, fast, and very friendly. Would come say hello even if they weren't waiting on you. Restaurant was busy. Felt frantic. Two of us asked for dressing on the side. Didn't get it after asking bus boy. No waiter. Ate it anyway. No one came to remove meat from the claw like they used to. No crackers. Had to ask. Forgot a side, but they took it off bill and brought it later. Waiter didn't take the cue after being told in beginning that it was a birthday. Took a while to get his attention finally to get a piece of cake with a candle. Old waiters would have picked up on that. Cold, frantic instead of warm, friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TxGirlDined on 8/22/2014We took advantage of the August Lobster special on 8/22--what a treat! Best friends, perfect martinis, great service--what could be better??Special Features:
- Exceptional recoveryeye4foodDined on 8/20/2014My prvevious reviews on the palm have been stellar and i still am not disappointed. Our 5 lb lobster had an exceptionally large claw that was coooked properly. Strangely the tail meat was not cooked fully and was translucent. The waitperson notified the manager. Although i suspected they would either cook more or replace, i assumed ther would be a wait. But a newly prepared lobster and fresh hot side was deliveede immediately. Great recovery. Those little forks for retreiving meat out of the shell were not given this time,and the ritual of lemon and hot napkins was not performed but such a minor inconvenience.Special Features:
- FoodieDined on 8/20/2014Always wonderful service, food and a fun atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 43 AnniversaryOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/19/2014The Palm has become our go to restaurant for special occasions and once again it made our anniversary very special. Our waitress was awesome and she presented us with a truly delicious Happy Anniversary crème brulee.Special Features:
- Stuhou810Dined on 8/19/2014We had a great business lunch here. The service was fantastic and the food was absolutely delicious. The skirt steak on the lunch menu was the best I've ever had. My colleagues really enjoyed their lunch as well. Great spot.Special Features:
- Love the LobsterluvgreatfoodDined on 8/16/2014Lobster Specials for 2 in August are great package. One of us also had the swordfish which was excellent. Good service. Good crowd all night. My request for booth and specific server was not honored as it was not received...not sure how that happened.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Will Come Back!donboscoVIPDined on 8/15/2014My wife and I saw an ad for The Palm's 'Summer Lobster Special' and decided to give the restaurant a try. We were not disappointed! The 4 lb. lobster special looked like something from a Flintstones cartoon; it was enormous but was cooked to perfection. The accompanying salads and sides were also expertly prepared. The only thing better than the food was the outstanding service we received throughout the night. We will definitely come back.Special Features:
- OverpricedRiverstoneduoDined on 8/13/2014We were very much looking forward to the lobster special. We barely had enough to eat, I never had my water glass refilled, and we got out of there with a bill of $165. It was very loud and we went on a Wednesday thinking it would be less busy. There were four of us dining and none of us were very impressed.Special Features:
- Same perfect meal we always haveMikeylikesitVIPDined on 8/11/2014My reviews of the Palm are getting stale because the food and the service are always impeccable, which is probably the best endorsement I can give. Always reserved when we have a special occasion, and we almost always get lobster and it's always great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our Favorite "Go To" RestaurantStaLoVIPDined on 8/9/2014We love the new ambiance of the restaurant and the food is still as incredible as ever. The service is attentive without hovering. Our favorite appetizer is the tomato caprese (best mozzarella cheese EVER!). I ordered the prime rib and it was cooked perfectly (medium rare). Our sides were the half and half and asparagus. Everything was delicious!Special Features:
- Service not up to par!CEPHoustonDined on 8/9/2014We were seated in a booth as requested but NOT with Bruce, our favorite waiter. We knew exactly what we were going to order: 5# Lobster, 2 Caesar salads, mashed potatoes, No bread. I do not drink but my friend always drinks at least 3 martinis when we come to the Palm. She ordered a mango martini. Order placed and all is well. We had eated half our salads before her martini arrived. We kept looking around for our waited but he was not to be found. I had thought to complain to one of the gentlemen standing around the reception desk but did not want to cause problems for our waiter. We got through our excellent food. We then ordered one chocolate martini to share as desert. This arrived before any hot towels to clean our hands.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The new oldJHratDined on 8/6/2014An established oldie, newly remodeled, experienced staff, great food! If you haven't been here lately you are missing out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always goodFoodieNHoustonDined on 8/2/2014First time back since the remodel and it looks lovely. In August they always have a great lobster special for two. The lobster was so delicious, you thought it come straight from the boat to the pot to the table. They are so great that they split and crack the lobster for you. The place was very busy, but they manage to still be attentive. Our only wait was when we were first seated. Or primary waiter took awhile, but another checked on us twice and brought our bottled water.Special Features:
- LobsterSidneyVIPDined on 8/2/2014Had the summer lobster special. Best. Can't be topped.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always the best!happydinersDined on 8/1/2014We are Club 837 members - we know we can always count on incredible food, service, and consistency! Has been and always will be a favorite of ours!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Birthday CelebrationKSA2012Dined on 7/30/2014The Palm had a card ready for our daughter's 16th birthday. The waiters also sang and brought out a special chocolate cake. Dinner was great. The steaks were perfectly cooked as we ordered.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Old School CoolNoDeucesDined on 7/30/2014Post remodel, the king of Houston restaurants returns. I love this place in every location I have been to. The service and quality are top shelf and it is great for any occassion.Special Features:
- FantasticVIPDined on 7/25/2014It was not as noisy as before - we could almost talk at the table. Like the summer special - lobster was good - that is why we tried it again. But what is with the mcDonald's type paper towels in the ladies restroom?
- GoodkarenDined on 7/24/2014Food and service were good, age range of clientele perhaps was a little out of our range, more older crowd.Special Features:
- still the best lobster in towneye4foodDined on 7/19/2014for wife's birthday, we make our tradition at the palm. great service last saturday evening and a delicious 5 lb lobster to split. used to be nice getting that complimentary chocolate cake for b-days, but small item next to how much we enjoy our dining experience hereSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food/Great ServicehannahbananaDined on 7/17/2014From the minute we walked in the door service was great! The bread was so delicious, the salad was fresh and well prepared, the salmon and sides were all top notch. My husband got sea bass and it was a huge hunk of fish, my salmon was the same. Coffee and dessert was just the icing on the cake! I don't remember the waiter's name but he was a really great waiter. He was jumping to do anything for us he could. Will most def be going back. Not our first time to Palm. Won't be our last.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ConsistenttxjboyDined on 7/16/2014Never had a bad meal at The Palm. These folks know how to cook and serve lobsters.Special Features:
- An excellent steakvgk53Dined on 7/13/2014This was my first time to eat at the Palm and the filet was outstanding; it would clearly rank in my top three for steak. The service was excellent and friendly. The lobster chowder was very nice while the crab cakes had bit too much filler for my taste. The Caesar salad was very good. The green beans were quite good while the French fires were a bit on the greasy side for me. We enjoyed the warm donuts for dessert- which were a surprise on the menu. The key lime pie was just so-so. All in all I will definitely return to the Palm.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best SteakOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/11/2014The Palm never disappoints. Always a great steak and done to perfection.Special Features:
- Great serviceluv2eatDined on 7/5/2014We were very happy with the outstanding service we received from the time we walked in to the end from the manager to the hostess. Great experience! Thank youSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SeabairDined on 6/28/2014I can understand some "growing pains" after being closed for remodeling - but the Palm/Houston has had enough time to get their act in order. Service continues to be horrible, slow to get even drinks and a menu. Cold steak and side orders! For this kind of money, and with all of the other good steak houses in Houston, the Palm needs to come around quickly on both service and quality of food.Special Features:
- SteakLIZZYVIPDined on 6/25/2014I ordered the New York Strip and it was delicious. I would definately come back.Special Features: