The Olde Pink House Restaurant
23 Abercron St
Savannah, GA 31401Neighborhood:
SouthernPrice: $31 to $50
The Olde Pink House Restaurant
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.plantersinnsavannah.com/savannah-dining.htm
- Phone: 9122324286x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday – Saturday 11:00-2:30
Bar Menu: Tuesday – Saturday 2:30-5:00
Dinner: Monday – Sunday 5:00-10:30
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Southern
- Executive Chef: Vincent Burns
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: The Olde Pink House is available for your special occasions 365 days a year. We offer rooms for a table of two up to a party of four hundred reserving the entire mansion. With as many as ten private rooms, our event planner and executive chef work together to create a new and unique experience for every event.
- Private Party Contact: Bianca Raub x
- Entertainment: Live music nightly beginning at 7:30pm in our tavern bar
A word from The Olde Pink House Restaurant
Located in the heart of historic Savannah, Georgia, The Olde Pink House, Savannah's only 18th century mansion, is famous for memorable dining experiences featuring seafood caught daily in local waters, prime aged beef and traditional southern fare.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
The Olde Pink House Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Savannah ›
The Olde Pink House Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
1088 reviews since June 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (854)romantic (761)fit for foodies (533)neighborhood gem (485)notable wine list (270)good for groups (250)scenic view (163)hot spot (162)great for lunch (126)vibrant bar scene (112)late-night find (64)kid-friendly (63)great for brunch (60)great for outdoor dining (38)Show More
- Not as wonderful as expectedJTownVIPDined on 9/29/2014We had a lovely large table in a quiet room, which we appreciated since it was a special anniversary. Our waiter was sweet but talked a bit too much about his personal favorites and his wine recommendations without even asking our food or wine preferences or inclinations. Food was definitely not stellar. The BLT salad had delicious bacon in it but was otherwise just okay. Artichoke fritters were probably our favorite item. Grouper was good, a paella/soft-shelled crab special was good. Key lime pie, promised to be "the best in savannah," had no discernible lime flavor! though it was very creamy. Cocktails were weak. All in all, go there for the ambiance but not so much the food.Special Features:
- Sunday evening dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/28/2014Excellent menu with a choice for everyone. Shrimp, crab and sausage ell followed by a fabulous New York strip. Good choice of bottled beer but wine on the pricey side.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Ambiance - Food disappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/27/2014Took my wife here for our anniversary dinner. The surroundings, ambiance and the service were all excellent. We had mixed experience with the food (appetizer was very good, main course was disappointing - dried-up twice baked potato, overcooked filet mignon and nicely cooked but flavorless pork shank). Sauces were disappointing, collard greens were good, but mac-n-cheese side was dry (microwaved). Perhaps we were unlucky on the night - but it isn't a cheap dining experience, so I would have expected more.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome Birthday dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/27/2014The food and ambience of the entire place was top notch! Will be going back! Highly recommendSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderfull experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/27/2014My wife and I came down to Savannah from Michigan to celebrate her birthday. I decided to make reservations at The Old Pink House for her birthday dinner and we were not disappointed. A truly great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wow - what a placeATLEaterDined on 9/27/2014When visiting Savannah, someone told me, "If you only go out to one meal, go here for dinner." I now understand why. I have never seen a busier restaurant on a Saturday night. There were people and servers everywhere. But, once you got seated in one of the neat old home's rooms - you didn't feel you were in a busy restaurant. The basement "pub" is very cool - though a bit crowded! The food is very good - not the best I have ever had - but very good. The service was impeccable. I would now say the same to anyone asking where to go for dinner, "if you only go out to one meal while there, go here for dinner."Special Features:
- Excellent RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/27/2014The olde pink house is a excellent restaurant that has an amazing menu that ranges from seafood to chicken. The ambiance is very romantic and beyond the food being quite expensive was well worth every penny. Wait staff was very helpful in going through the menu and was knowledgeable on each dish. Highly recommend to all who are thinking about going, but a caution to many. Make sure you make reservations because it fills up quick.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/26/2014Great birthday experience. All food fantastic except the pork chop - which was just OK.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/26/2014Excellent dining experience. Restaurant even added complimentary dessert because we were celebrating our anniversary.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PUT IT ON YOUR CALENDAROpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/26/2014In a word...DIVINE! I went with a girlfriend for dinner on a Friday night. We split the fried tomato BLT salad but we wished we had ordered one for each of us it was so delicious! I ordered the filet which was melt in your mouth tender!!! It's Kobe style angus beef grass fed and it was cooked to perfection! I substituted sweet potato for the twice baked and was glad I did. The sweet potato came with a vanilla pecan butter topping that was to die for. My friend ordered the braised pork shank and could not have been more impressed with the flavor or tenderness! Her side was macaroni and cheese and it was awesome! We had amazing service...fast delivery of our food and a personable young waiter. As you can see, we loved the place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First Time Was a CharmFountainjDined on 9/25/2014Loved going to the Olde Pink House. It came with great recommendations from friends, so we had to try it. Got there a little early and had a drink at the bar...very nice! Our table on the 2nd floor was in a nice spot by a window and the food was great. We were pleasantly surprised by the singer who was wandering around the room and loved the general ambiance.Special Features:
- Loved it!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/25/2014This was our first night in Savannah and what a great first impression it was! The atmosphere, the food, the staff - it was all wonderful.Special Features:
- prettyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/25/2014excellent food and presentation, service was also very good. The only drawback was the large dinning room was very loud.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SuzviewDined on 9/25/2014Beautiful restaurant. Great service and delicious meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Reviews are rightTraveler129Dined on 9/25/2014The Olde Pink House has a menu with so much variety. The Crispy Flounder was delicious, as was the side of collards. Hope to go back soon to try other items on the menu. A must see for other diners; the other floors and outside bar.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 9/25/2014We LOVED it here when we were visiting Savannah! We would definitely come back. Our server was a the nicest young man. He explained everything to us. Each room is unique. We ate in the "bankers room" ...upstairs, quiet, romantic! Candlesticks, white table clothes, dark ambience....wow - besides the superb salads and entrees, the desserts were unbelievable! You will really enjoy!
- Don't miss!KathyDined on 9/25/2014The Pink House is absolutely gorgeous. We ate on the second floor in one of the larger dining rooms. Luckily the hostess volunteered the use of the elevator as my husband has difficulty with stairs. The waitstaff was professional, friendly, and knowledgeable about the history of the home as well as the menu. Do not pass up the BLT salad with fried green tomatoes, arugula, and smoked bacon. I don't know why I ordered it because I'm not a fan of green tomatoes but it was fantastic! My husband had the salmon and I had the pork tenderloin. Both were winners. We followed up with one of the best desserts ever! The cocktails were wonderful also. The best meal we have ever had! Don't miss it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful!willbebackDined on 9/25/2014The food was delicious and the service was beyond compare. Even the wine suggestion was perfect. It wad a great anniversary dinner!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/25/2014This was my first visit to The Olde Pink House restaurant although I've been to Savannah a few times. They were booked for dinner, so I went for lunch. They were very highly rated, so they were on my must go to place. I was not disappointed. Although my lunch was small it was delicious. The staff was very friendly & helpful, but not intrusive. I had the crab cake with fried green tomatoes, which both were excellent. I must say the pinnacle of the meal was the chocolate pecan pie. I've never tasted anything quite so wonderful! The atmosphere was very nice, set in one of the old restored homes. I would highly recommend it for lunch or dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Old favoriteBOBBDined on 9/24/2014Every time we are in savannah we visit the Olde Pink House. The crispy scored flonder is superbSpecial Features:
- fabulousmotheranddaughterduoDined on 9/24/2014To die for food and service. Only thing that kind of bugged us was the service was phenomenal.. However, too much of everyone stopping to see that we were OK.sometimes you just want to be left to talk and enjoy while taking it all in.would go again in a heartbeat though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not as good as I expectedNavyDivernGADined on 9/24/2014My server tried to interpret what I ordered because she didn't know what a menu item was. I ordered butter beans as a side and she brought me edamame bean medley because she called butter beans Lima beans and didn't think that's what I wanted. The steak I ordered was undercooked and very tough to say the least. The best part of my meal was the BLT salad. I wish that's all I had ordered because the rest of it was a very bad disappointment. I hate sending anything back because it just adds time I do not have in my schedule.Special Features:
- ServiceClancyDined on 9/23/2014Have been there many times before but had friends from out of town and it couldn't have been a better experience. Our waiter was excellent both with his knowledge of the menu has presentation of the same. Above excellent.Special Features:
- Eat here if you want Savannah charmGinnDined on 9/23/2014We had to wait 30 minutes for our table even though we had a reservation. But once we got our table. The staff, the ambiance and food more than made up for the delay! Great southern food and service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Historic home. Good foodHas2jwsDined on 9/23/2014Pecan crusted chicken delicious. They ran out of our wine (only had 2 of that type) VERY surprised they did not offer the slightly more expensive at same price. Ambiance great. Did nothing for our b/day girlSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- off the hindges2shayDined on 9/23/2014We had a great dinner for our anniversary. Food was excellent and Brian, our server was on it. He was very attentive and gave us a little history of the place. Nicely done all around.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best dessert ever!ColagirlDined on 9/23/2014We had a wonderful dining experience!! We reserved online and were seated right away. Our sever was very knowledgeable about the menu, friendly and we loved learning the history of the house during dinner. Crab stuffed blackened grouper was AH-MAZ-ING! We ordered the Chocolate Mousse Bombe for dessert and it was truly the best dessert I've ever had. We wanted to lick the plate clean but we restrained ourselves! Service & staff was great - will definitely be back on future trips to Savannah. Thanks!Special Features:
- Very goodSmj9rbDined on 9/23/2014Food was excellent, service was very quick. Really enjoyed our visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Trademark of Southern charm!BucketList58Dined on 9/22/2014Reservation was exactly as requested. Dining experience met all expectations. Every level of staff demonstrated professionalism and true Southern hospitality. A must do while in Savannah!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrific for a special occasionJeanVIPDined on 9/22/2014We were celebrating our anniversary and it was the perfect place. Our server was hospitable and attentive and we loved the food.Special Features:
- Not what we expectedFoodieInCLEDined on 9/22/2014We had read some great reviews about The Olde Pink House but were pretty disappointed in the long run. First they did not receive their wine delivery so they did not have any of the 4 wines we requested. Second, the portions were way too big! I had the soft shell crab entree and received the 2 biggest crabs I have ever seen. I would have been happy with 1 with room for dessert. They should offer a 1 or 2 crab option. I hated to waste the food. The salads were good but over dressed. Finally, the service was not the most attentive, the manager actually ended up clearing our table after our plates were sitting in the take us away position for over 5 minutes. In the end, for the money we had spent we would have rather gone elsewhere.
- A total must in SavannahUnhappylocalDined on 9/21/2014This restaurant was amazing. Great food, great ambiance, and awesome service. Go and you will not be disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Olde Pink HouseGRL47Dined on 9/21/2014Just overwhelmingly elegant fantastic food service and the rooms are like steping into Savanna's heart and soul. Great evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful, clean and delicious foodLovetotravelDined on 9/21/2014We were visiting from Buffalo NY, this restaurant came highly recommended. We were not disappointed our waitress, Theresa, was wonderful. She is pleasant, knowledgable, and professional. We so enjoyed our experience. Everything we ordered was fantastic.Special Features:
- Not the best in SavannahMISProfVIPDined on 9/20/2014The ambiance was lovely...big old historic house. The food was very good. My talapia was fresh and nicely prepared but it wouldn't rave about the uniqueness of the preparation. My dining partners had ravioli and pork chops and loved them. Our appetizers were also very tasty as was the peach cobbler for dessert. The biggest disappointment was the service. We had to ask several times for water refills and the waiter not once came back to pour our wine. For the price and for the level of experience that the restaurant is known for, we did not experience top shelf service. We would consider returning should we visit Savannah, but there are so many other restaurants from which to choose.Special Features:
- Savannah GemOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/20/2014On a recent visit to Savannah, we found ourselves with few late night options as we arrived in the city around 10:00 PM. We walked to the Pink House for appetizers and were dazzled with the delicious seafood sampler ( shrimp and grits, fried green tomatoes with crab cakes, etc.) and a wonderful praline dessert. Our first visit was so positive that we returned again for dinner the following night. The ambiance and cuisine did not disappoint on our second visit! Excellent menu choices that will delight gourmets and lovers of simple, well-prepared Southern specialities.Special Features:
- Elegant and DeliciousKathyDined on 9/20/2014Excellent food in a lovely setting. Each room affords a different mood. We dined in the ballroom and it was beautiful. Like stepping back to the 19th century. Perfectly prepared food and attentive service. A must do when visiting Savannah.Special Features:
- Fabulous all around experience!Cal4foodVIPDined on 9/20/2014First, reservations are a must...and well worth it! Fabulous menu, best food ever, friendliest staff, great house with each room uniquely decorated. We ate here twice. Make sure you see the cellar room/basement bar area. The BLT salad is to die for and the crab cake with fried green tomato Devine.Special Features:
- Perfect in PinkLuv2EatDined on 9/20/2014Wonderful! Excellent! Awesome! So happy with our dining experience! I had seen scallops on the online menu, but they weren't on the lunch menu when we arrived. Our waitress checked with the chef and whalaaaa I was served scallops for lunch! They were the best scallops I've EVER eaten! I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this restaurant to anyone. Very impressed. :-)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special placeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/19/2014We were in Savannah for a mtg and this restaurant was recommended to us. We had a late dinner with great food & service. A must if you visit Savannah!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.