The Mill at 2T
2 Tunxis Road
Tariffville, CT 06081Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $50 and over
The Mill at 2T
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://themillat2t.com/
- Phone: 8606587890
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Wednesday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
Please note the restaurant will be closed for the week of Thanksgiving
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Ryan Jones
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from The Mill at 2T
Tucked away in the Tariffville section of Simsbury in a historic textile mill dated back to the 1800's. This 1000 square foot, 7 table charming restaurant sits closely to the Farmington River. Exposed beams, hardwood floors, high back leather chairs, a wide open kitchen sets the mood to this trendy hot spot. Owners Ryan and Kelleanne Jones emphasize on making you feel like you are having dinner in their home. Kelleanne services each table while Ryan mingles with our lucky friends eating at the chef's counter. With the use of many ingredients locally sourced, a menu that changes daily and Chef Ryan Jones' adventurous culinary efforts, the mill at 2t has become a dining destination not to be missed.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
The Mill at 2T reviews from OpenTable diners
- The dining experience wasCaroleDined on 3/14/2014The dining experience was all good, food, atmosphere and service were above average. They went out of their way for a birthday celebration ..was so nice. I would definitely return.Special Features:
- I love this restaurant! TheMaDukesDined on 3/13/2014I love this restaurant! The server started our evening by bringing warm popovers to enjoy with our wine. They were light, airy and fantastic. I was so excited to see Foie Gras on the starter menu the night we went. It was mouthwatering. I continued with the theme having the duck breast entrée. It was cooked a perfect medium rare, just as I requested. My family had the lobster roll starter along with the scallop and steak entrées. Both said they would return for the same meal. For dessert the doughnuts are a must have. The best surprise from my last visit was the increase in portion size. I will definitely be returning after the renovation.Special Features:
- great atmosphereadrielindDined on 3/7/2014We had heard about the restaurant and finally was able to plan ahead enough to get a table. People here say that the restaurant is small. I am from Philadelphia, where BYOB restaurants are stuffed into the bottom floor of a row house, so this restaurant did not seem small to me. The word cozy and romantic comes to mind. The food was delish - the pork belly appetizer was great and the pirinha (spelling?) steak was scrumptious. Have a date? Here's your spot!Special Features:
- Everyone enjoyed their mealsmissdDined on 3/7/2014Everyone enjoyed their meals and appetizers. Only complaint...food was served lukewarm. Popovers were also cold. Have had the donuts for dessert be- fore and they were amazing. This time they were big, greasy and cold!!! Very dis- appointing.Special Features:
- Great dinnerMattyADined on 3/6/2014Enjoyable evening with great food, nice atmosphere! Salmon dish - excellent White fish (ciobi) - decent Steak for two - top notch!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- absolutely fabulous experienceMacHendyDined on 3/5/2014absolutely fabulous experience all around. Staff was just wonderful. Friendly and just so much fun to watch. We sat at the bar where you can see the food preparation and were just amazed at the professionalism of the chefs. The food was delicious and well prepared. I have already been telling people they have got to try this place!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful food as alwaysTriniFoodieDined on 2/28/2014I was intrigued by the restaurant menu the first time I saw it some years back, but never made my way there till last year. So far the food has not disappointed on each visit. The servers are all solicitous, and the atmosphere is wonderful. It's a small place so reservations are always recommended. Only downside is the fact that there's no barrier for the cold air coming in whenever the door is opened. If you're too close to the door (which isn't hard with the size of the place) you're wearing your coat the entire time. I'm hoping that's improved with the upcoming renovations. Other than that, looking forward to my next visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great again!AvonfordsDined on 2/28/2014This was our third visit to Mill at 2T and once again, everything was perfect!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice RestaurantPeterDined on 2/28/2014Temperature control was not very good. It was a very cold outside the night we went. When the heaters were on it was comfortable but in between it got uncomfortably cold.Special Features:
- All about the food NOT the serviceJerryDined on 2/22/2014The food was awesome. Our service was horrible. A young inexperienced waitress almost ruined the whole experience. She actually poured an expensive champaign into our wine glasses, had no idea about the menu, and rolled her eyes at my wife's special request. Other than that, the food is great.Special Features:
- YumMiller2374Dined on 2/22/2014Perfect belated valentines dinner. We chose the 5 course tasting paired with wines. We just sat back and waited for the dishes to arrive. Each was better than the last.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointmentToscaDined on 2/21/2014The experience of a recent visit was very disappointing. While the food at 2 T is excellent, we were left waiting for over an hour until our entrees arrived. The explanation was that one of the orders was misplaced. While wine and dessert were offered at no charge, the frustration of being forgotten destroyed the enjoyment. After the entrees arrived, it was also apparent that the one order which was prepared had been sitting while the other was finished. Finally we ate and dessert plates were presented When the dessert didn't appear, we asked for the check. It arrived promptly along with a hastily prepared dessert. Attention in the open kitchen to customers other than those at the counter may be in order.
- Live Up to the ReputationGmanDined on 2/20/2014I have heard many nice compliments about Mill2T, and being a frequent visitor to the Max restaurants, Apricots, MillWrights, Mill@T did not disappoint. The creativity in the menu choices, presentation of the dishes, and overall quality of the food was outstanding. One of my new "favorite" go to spots!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A little to complex...HyExpectationsDined on 2/20/2014Overall some dishes were delightful (scallop, veal cheek, short ribs) but overcooked octopus and cold mashed potatoes with the consistence of a biscuit, really? This could be a very good restaurant with better attention to detail . 2T falls into the category of an other upscale restaurant that just feels compelled to incorporate as may ingredients as possible into their dishes. If you believe the art of cooking looks to enhance the flavor and/or consistence of food (complement, contrast, etc.) this may not be your choice for dining. Just too complex a mix of ingredients without a clear outcome. Albeit, this is a personal choice.
- First Choice for First ImpressionsStBonneDined on 2/19/2014Selected Mill at 2T for a key customer dinner and made the perfect choice. Wonderful meal, great service, and accomodating and friendly staff. We look forward to returning again and again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic night outRobertDined on 2/15/2014Romantic, nice setting. Best service we have ever had. Food exciting, so many flavor dancing on your tongue all at one. Serving size was plenty, dessert trio fabulous, good knowledge of wines. You will not be disappointed,Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never Fails to ImpressKatiecDined on 2/14/2014My Boyfriend and I often frequent Mill on Special Occasions, and this was no exception. We had a late reservation and opted for the tasting menu with wine pairings. Each course was delicious and beautifully presented. We are never disappointed with this restaurant and I highly recommend a visit if you haven't had the opportunity to check it out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not as good as it's reputationMajortcsDined on 2/12/2014my meal was delivered less than hot, I sent it back. I Thought there should have been an apology, there wasn't.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- You'll never get a bad mealOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/12/2014You'll never get a bad meal here. best chef in the state. Every mouthful has a unique taste.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingJRWKVIPDined on 2/8/2014We absolutely loved our meal and the atmosphere at Mill 2T. Thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mill at 2tAndreaDined on 2/7/2014Had high hopes due to rave reviews but food was marginal considering the high prices. Ambience was fantastic, though. Looking for direction on wines and waiter couldn't answer my questions. Ordered a $90 bottle of Barolo and she pulled it off the wall where it likely got "cooked" due to heat. Why don't more restaurants store their wine properly? Can't recommend this restaurant due to too many misses and the prices being high. Bricco's in WH is consistently great and a better bargain and for us a staple. Unfortunately we won't be making the drive back to 2T.Special Features:
- Delicious food - average elsewhereTaraDined on 2/7/2014Food was delicious, although two of our meals (party of 6) came out room temp. Some portions were very large, and others more European sizing. Plenty of food in either case. Popovers were yummy (again, not warm) but perhaps it is because it is cold in the space. Great exposed brick and high ceilings, but I wore my coat. I noticed that a few people had vests on - they must have been regulars. It was also pretty dark - my children brought the candles closer to their dishes so they could see their food. Service was very good, but not overly friendly. Food quality is equal to NYC (certainly 5 stars) but I can only rate the restaurant (a low) 4 due to the other items listed above. I would try it again, maybe in the summer...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- noise level - yucklynneDined on 2/6/2014the restaurant does not have any idea as to what dinner music is. loud rock music is not what you want to hear when you are eating at an expensive dinner in an upscale restaurant. hanger steak had good flavor what was quite tough. it should have been sliced thin.
- Best dining in ConnecticutOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 2/1/2014The foie gras is to die for! Everything here is just fabulous, great wine list, great food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New FindWalterDined on 1/24/2014I has heard a lot about this restaurant but not been there until last week. It did not disappoint. A very interesting menu with a very reasonable wine list. Good chefs tasting menu. I highly recommend it.Special Features:
- Great RestsurangOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 1/23/2014Loved the food and the ambiance! The place is very small but cozy. The staff was attentive and friendly. Would definitely recommend this as a unique place to go with outstanding food! Can't wait to go back! Next time may try seating at the chef's table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Creative MenuDeneseDined on 1/17/2014The menu selection was outstanding! Trying to decide what to have for dinner was a real challenge....so many wonderful items to choose from. Looking over themenu felt like I was viewing the latest issue of a gourmet magazine and what is trending in the best restaurants. As a true foodie this place was perfect!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food was delicious – everyAnonDined on 1/11/2014The food was delicious – every single course. My meal was cooked perfectly; the steak was medium rare as requested. You could tell that all of the food they served was fresh. The desserts were amazing – I highly recommend saving some room! The Mill at 2T has a great atmosphere that is accompanied by personal service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food very good. Service excellent.EyeguyDined on 1/11/2014Food very good. Service excellent. A little cold and cramped in dining roomin winter nightSpecial Features:
- AmazingAnn28celebrateDined on 1/10/2014The restaurant is in an old mill. Very small, intimate and great atmosphere. The food is indescribably amazing and very unique. The only thing that did stand out was it was exceedingly dark in the restaurant the night we were there. It mad it very difficult to read the menu and see the plate with the beautiful presentation. I noticed a lot the clientele was elderly so I can only imagine how difficult it must have been for them to read the menu or see their plates. I would recommend this place time and time again to anyone and am looking forward to going back myself hopefully soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not a better meal in Central CTGuitarPickerDined on 1/8/2014I'm a cook myself so I appreciate a place that takes pride in what comes out of the kitchen. The Mill at 2T is outstanding in every respect. The menu, although small because of the limited kitchen space, has great variety and the preparation can't be beat. I also like a restaurant to take a few chances and I am willing to be tested from time to time. The don't disappoint. It's not inexpensive, but it's worth every nickel. Try sitting at the bar where you can watch the chef at work. I think you'll enjoy it as much as he does. I had smoked mozzarella ravioli, my wife had the skirt steak.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurant, but itsOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 1/4/2014Great restaurant, but its cold and drafty during the winter. You don't want to sit near a window or the door.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- World-ClasscotedagneauDined on 1/4/2014Outstanding quality of food, wine, and service. Innovative dishes. Fresh, local. Ambiance is exceptionally cozy and would be perfect for a gathering of close friends or a romantic date.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The restaurant is small andOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/3/2014The restaurant is small and it was a cold evening and our table was near the door so it was unpleasantly drafty, maybe that is why the entrees were cold. For the prices we all agreed that the food was just ok.Special Features:
- Best in the areaAvidDinerVIPDined on 1/3/2014Consistently outstanding and creative food. Among the best in Hartford County...if not the best. My only complaint is it is an old drafty building and there is a trade-off for the ambiance....cold drafts in the winter. So much so that it is distracting so dress warmly. But it's worth it for the food.Special Features:
- RomanticKathyDined on 12/28/2013From walking in the door, we felt transported to a romantic getaway. The food was perfectly prepared. Lovely evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great spot but . . .OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 12/27/2013No doubt the food is fantastic. The service is good too. It's a cute little place but they have to work on the layout for the wintertime. We happened to be there on a cold night and despite the double set of doors and an extra curtain, our entire table was freezing. All of the ladies in our party wore coats for the entire meal. I know they are limited because of the small space, but for the prices they charge, I expect a more comfortable experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unusual enough to be a treatDebrapalDined on 12/27/2013Could not wait to visit this establishment. Lots of good buzz on this restaurant. It's a lovely setting. Excellent appetizers . Was not overly impressed by the fried chicken or sirloin despite server recommendations. Decent meal and service. Not sure I'll be back.Special Features:
- OverbookedBulldogMomDined on 12/27/2013Enjoyed dinner here many times but this night the restaurant was severely overbooked. Our table was right near the door and it was opening and closing for most of the evening. It was quite cold out so some of our party was uncomfortable. Popovers arrival took awhile and then arrived cold (even though we were told they were fresh out of the oven). Food as always was excellent but the dining experience as a whole was disappointing.Special Features:
- Always a culinary experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/20/2013Always a culinary experience in an elegant rustic setting. You will always try something you've never had before .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.