The Melting Pot - Thousand Oaks
3685 Thousand Oaks Blvd.
Thousand Oaks, CA 91362Neighborhood:
FonduePrice: $31 to $50
The Melting Pot - Thousand Oaks
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.meltingpot.com/thousand-oaks/specials
- Phone: 8053708802x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5pm - 10pm; Friday - Saturday: 5pm - 12pm
Daytime hours available for parties of 10 or more.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Fondue
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Please call for details.
- Private Party Facilities: From 8 to 120
- Private Party Contact: Liz Beddow, email@example.com 8053708802x
- Special Events: Brew & Fondue Stone Brewing Beer Dinner
Sept 29 - Nov 3
Four Courses. Four Beers. $45. Perfect.
Homecoming fit for a King & Queen
Oct 1 - 30
3 Course dinner perfect for a young adult with complimentary non alcoholic beverage. $30 per person
CraveCombo featuring the wines of local Cantara Cellars.
WINE | CHEESE | CHOCOLATE | $25
A word from The Melting Pot - Thousand Oaks
The Melting Pot is the nation's largest fondue restaurant chain, offering a combination of great food, intimate atmosphere and interactive dining. The Melting Pot strives to help guest create memories through event dining as a destination restaurant perfect for a romantic dinner or a family gathering.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
The Melting Pot - Thousand Oaks - Best Restaurants in Thousand Oaks ›
The Melting Pot - Thousand Oaks reviews from OpenTable diners
57 reviews since May 21, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (47)romantic (41)good for groups (19)fit for foodies (18)notable wine list (14)neighborhood gem (10)kid-friendly (7)late-night find (5)hot spot (5)great for lunch (1)vibrant bar scene (1)great for brunch (1)Show More
- Wonderful Place for AnniversaryOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/15/2014My girlfriend and I went here for our year and a half anniversary and we could not have wanted anything greater! The service was great and the food made for an intimate and wonderful celebration. A table next to us left half a bottle of champagne that the bar tender gave to us. The food was fantastic, must try the dessert! We will be back many times in the future!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not the sameOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 9/14/2014My family used to love coming to Melting Pot, just does not have the same old feel it used to have. Very dark inside and wait staff seemed not interested in serving us, at least our server. It is going to be hard to justify such an expense for this kind of dinner, surly it is not a good value at all.
- Birthday BasholdcatladyDined on 9/6/2014For my 62nd Birthday, my family took me to the Melting Pot. We all had a wonderful dinning experience. Our server helped us decide on which way to go for the the menu items. The food was excellent. I received a birthday email that included a box of hand dipped strawberries and a birthday card, signed by all the employees. We all had a fantastic evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worst waiterOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014Our waiter was very in attentive, never asked once if we needed refills. Silverware had dried cheese and the waiter didn't even seem surprised. We expected a nice quiet dinner, and what we got was rushed and ignored due to a birthday party with 15 screaming children that no one attempted to quiet them at all. Thankfully the booth next to us had a very attentive waiter whom did keep an eye and war open for our needs. Will not be going back to this location!Special Features:
- Hidden gem1LionHeartDined on 8/21/2014Enjoyed the fondue and wine pairings. A delightful experience. A two hour romantic dining experience with my husband. Food was great; fun experience; enjoyable table side service. We will be back.Special Features:
- Food as the eventOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/16/2014We celebrated my best friend's birthday here. I really recommend fondue when you want an interactive fun experience. Just make sure that the people you are dining with are fun and ready to enjoy the experience. We took a great group. The food was very fresh and the service was amazing. Great time all around.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Interactive dining experienceLali78Dined on 8/8/2014This is the third time I've been here. Each time the service was excellent. The fondue experience is great fun. The food while great is a bit pricey, So this is more of an occasion restaurant. It would also be great to just come for the chocolate fondue on a date. I would recommend that people come at least once to experience all that is fondue.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday dinnerLuieLewDined on 8/8/2014I booked my appointment online, simple & easy. Our server was good. He Spoke clear English and wasn't rushed. The food was to die for. No complaints here. Love this restaurant every time I go.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fondue or fondon'tBobbyDined on 8/7/2014Skip the main course. The cheese and dessert is where it's at. Most of the steaks/duck had weird flavors unless you dipped it into the sauces. There's a reason most of the world doesn't cook meat that way. Just doesn't translate well. But the cheese and dessert were mad good homes.Special Features:
- Great For A Romantic NightRFLudwickDined on 7/26/2014I came here with my girlfriend to celebrate our anniversary. The ambiance is really solid, and the four-course menu is a decent deal. The food was all very excellent. One hitch was that our burner died right after the cheese fondue, so we had to move to a new table. But they were prompt about it and got everything running pretty quickly. They even comped part of our meal due to the inconvenience. We will definitely return again in the future.Special Features:
- Not the SamevaleDined on 7/22/2014The Melting Pot it will still give you good food and yummy chocolate. For those of us who have been coming for over 22 years now it's not the same and usually that's a good thing. Restaurants have to change and adapt to make it in this world but sometimes you just want what you want. I have tried most of the cheese and have been getting the fiesta cheese for 22 years. It has jalapeno peppers and salsa in it and it's the one thing I look forward to the most at this place. So when the waiter told us they don't carry it anymore and the closest thing they have to it is "baked potato" I was disappointed. Overall the melting pot is still a good restaurant but for over $100 bucks now it's not worth going anymore to me.Special Features:
- Fun-do!ForrozVIPDined on 7/19/2014My little guy calls it this ! It is a fun thing to do with family or friends good for steak seafood or veggie lovers. Might go back just for chocolate fondue desserts !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for anniversaries!BigNTallDined on 7/18/2014Seated early in a very nice private area for two. At our small table we were greater by a "happy anniversary card" from the restaurant. Our server Gregg broke down everything very thoroughly and checked frequently but was not overbearing. Food was fantastic and served in a timely manner. Great experience over allSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- rookiefoodieDined on 7/15/2014The food was delicious and fun to cook/dip yourself. Because of the nature of the restaurant you don't need too much service. With that said, the minimal service needed (drink refills and actually bringing out the courses) was a little slow. We had the first reservation of the night, and it didn't get crowded at all, so I'm not sure what the hold up was.Special Features:
- Common Sense & CourtesyOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/14/2014We have gone to this location for many years, multiple times and for special occasions. I was disappointed with the new menu style, it was confusing. The new salads we marginal at best. The rest of the meal was quite delicious. I was disappointed most with the fact that they sat us directly behind a family with a small infant. We were there to celebrate our daughter turning 17. It was dishearting to say the least to sit through a four course meal with an infant who was clearly tired, not wanting to sit any longer, parents who dropped f-bombs every other word and an iPad given to soothe the child with volume loud enough for me to know every detail of the show. Very, disappointed. Not the grown up,special occasion or delicious meal expected.Special Features:
- The Melting PotAMC22Dined on 7/12/2014Fondue always make dinner a fun experience. We celebrated our oldest daughter's 22nd birthday there. Family enjoyed themselves.Special Features:
- Excellent ServiceYumyumDined on 7/12/2014All the service personnel are friendly and attentive. Our server was not only that, but he was and interesting. They were great at pacing the meal to each table's needs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun times!Sassy1Dined on 7/11/2014The Melting Pot in Thousand Oaks is a spectacular experience and my special occasion go-to. Outstanding food. My only problem is that they do not open for lunch. L MerrillSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special Occasion GemJuneDined on 7/6/2014We had a party of eight for a birthday occasion. I choose the tableside presentation and very glad I did. Only one of us had ever been to a fondue. The presentation made the evening entertaining and a very special event. I also choose the "Quick Dip". Great for us since we were able to get a sample of everything. The food was fresh and tasted delicious. Our server was very knowledgeable and attentive. A very nice evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good experiencemobpasDined on 7/3/2014We went to this restaurant by our frends avise and got very positive experience. The food and whle atmsphera great. Highly recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary celebrationOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/27/2014We were there for our 22nd anniversary and from the beginning the staff made it a very special night for us. Great food and service. We will definitely be going back.Special Features:
- delicious foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/26/2014Everything about our experience was fantastic. Every bite was delicious, every sip left me wanting more, and every part of the staff left us smiling. It was a great time and can not wait to come backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love the New Menu!KSLeClairDined on 6/15/2014Love the new menu! My husband prefers seafood and I prefer beef and chicken; the new menu allowed us to each order what we liked. No more Big Night Out on the menu, but that's okay!Special Features:
- Perfect for a special nightJazzakaiDined on 6/3/2014Great place, nice for something new. Had a fantastic server name Steven and the food was delicious (as well as a blast to cook). Noise level very low, and with a reservation you get a nice personal seating arrangement.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Greg L. VenturaOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/31/2014Took my fiancé here for her birthday. Made reservations before hand which is always suggested. Didn't wait long to be seated. As we approached our table we noticed a card that said happy birthday. All th staff had signed the card which made it extra special. Our waiter Gregg was phenomenal. He walked us through each part of the four course. Awesome experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best date everIheartfondueDined on 5/28/2014Made my year! this was the best experience I've had at melting pot. We got there an hour after our reservation due to traffic; they stayed open an hour and a half late for us and the service was impeccable. My date loved it so much she thought I had arranged a private meal for us. It was extremely romantic. Thanks melting pot!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Horrible foodpeterjnaDined on 5/23/2014I was expecting gourmet food, but it was more like commercial food. Salad was pretty generic as the rest of the menu. I was very disappointed with the the overall quality. Shrimp was defrosted, meat wasn't marbled, and the chicken was old. There is nothing special with this place. It's like eatting at Denny's. Actually Denny's is better then the Melting Pot. Complete waste of time and money. Your better off eatting at a Shabu restaurant.
- The following 735 reviews are from the The Melting Pot - Thousand Oaks reviews archive.
- Friday night foodExcellentVIPDined on 5/16/2014Good food as usually new alpine cheese item was good the caprese salad was excellent along with the potstickersSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreatMothersDayDined on 5/11/2014We went to the Melting Pot for Mother's Day. The waitress was really sweet and the food was delicious. My daughter would like to go back there for her birthday. We highly recommend the Bananas Foster fondue for dessert. Fun to see it set on fire. It was to die for!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- awesome dinnercheesehead73Dined on 5/10/2014I went to the melting pot for dinner saturday night. it was my third time there this month. im a fondue junky and in my opinion this is the best one to go to.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Romance - Melting Pot StyleCeliacFoodieDined on 5/9/2014We went to this location for an anniversary dinner. It was probably the most romantic night that we have ever had together. I would highly recommend the Melting Pot to any couple looking for a little getaway. They sat us in this super cozy booth in an alcove of to the side and it was private and the perfect booth for a couple, with ample space to take advantage of by cuddling closer with your sweetie. We did the 4 course meal and it AMAZING. I ended up pairing it with the wine flight that they offered and it was perfect. They have selected a flight of wines that perfectly accents the full flavors of the different courses. To put the cherry on the top, they can even handle my celiac. Anyone who needs to eat gluten free should go here.Special Features:
- Fun Dinner Experience!!sas75VIPDined on 5/9/2014We had such a great time at The Melting Pot. My 7-year-old has such a fun time with the cheese fondu and cooking all the various meats. She's an adventurous eater so she will eat anything and its a fun experience to do together as a family (not recommended for all young kids since there is a hot pot on a burner in the middle of the table). This place is fun for adults and a nice restaurant for a special occasion. The back rooms can get very loud though. I would recommend asking for a quiet location.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A wonderful Birthday celebration!ChristineWLVDined on 5/9/2014What a treat we had celebrating our son's birthday at the Melting Pot. It is such a fun dining experience, and the new menu is wonderful! Lots of options for ordering now. Our waiter had a really fun personality and knew just what we should order to maximize our dining experience. I highly recommend this restaurant for special occasions.Special Features:
- Great eats & great staffDMedDined on 5/6/2014The food was exceptionally delicious and the staff incredibly friendly. I'd eat there all the time if it wasn't so far or so expensive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Da Dip!GberdexDined on 5/5/2014Top shelf drinks, quality delicious food, excellent service.Special Features:
- The Melting Pot was Perfect!regalDined on 4/27/2014I took my boyfriend here for his birthday dinner, and it was an amazing experience. They gave us a secluded booth where it was quiet with light music playing, and even had a birthday card set on the table when we were seated. Our waiter was very friendly and helpful when it gave to deciding what to order, and everything we ate was delicious! It is a very nice restaurant for special occasions or romantic dinning, but can also be a fun place to eat with friends if you are willing to spend a little extra money on a meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExpensiveCheervDined on 4/26/2014The melting pot was ok. The food took forever to cook. Personally not my favorite although it was fun. The quality of the meat was ok, but for the expensive price you could have gone to a 5 star steak house and gotten a superior meal. Good thing to try and say I've done, bu will probably not go backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Night Out8isenufDined on 4/26/2014We had been dying for a night without the kids. The Melting Pot was the perfect treat. A little pricey for our budget but was well worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulAnniversaryDined on 4/22/2014We were seated immediately. Steven was attentive without being intrusive. The food was wonderful and the atmosphere was great. We had a wonderful anniversary dinner and will definitely be going again.Special Features:
- Love it but expensiveJohnDined on 4/19/2014This is a once every 3 months place because of expense. But food was great as always. One dig on ambiance: older decor, booth seats covered in duct tape. I do expect better than the dated and tired appearance. Overall a 4.5. We do love this place. Oh, careful on timing ...it was a three hour romantic dinner so careful if you have a movie planned for after.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.