The Melting Pot - Richmond
9704 Gayton Road
Richmond, VA 23233Neighborhood:
FonduePrice: $31 to $50
The Melting Pot - Richmond
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.meltingpot.com/richmond/specials
- Phone: 8047413120x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Monday - Friday 5:00pm - 11:45 Saturday - 5:00 to 11:45
Lunch available for parties for 10 or more. Please call for details.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Fondue, French, Swiss
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (bar only), Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: The Melting Pot has a semi-private to private dining area that can seat up to 40 guests. For parties of 15 or more, one of the pre-set menus is required. Please call for details.
- Private Party Contact: Manager on Duty 8047413120x
- Special Events: Every 2nd and 4th Tuesday of the month we offer our Ladies Night Out. Special menus and drink prices are extended on these nights.
A word from The Melting Pot - Richmond
The Melting Pot, a fondue restaurant, offers an extraordinary dining experience that you won't find at any other restaurant. Here, you'll discover all the ingredients to a perfect evening, including a relaxed atmosphere, private tables, attentive service, an award winning wine list & fabulous four-course fondue dinners. No matter what the occasion, from a romantic date to a get-together with friends, meetings or large groups, The Melting Pot always hits the spot. The Melting Pot offers the highest quality fresh ingredients, a variety of cooking styles, unique sauces & your favorite chocolate fondue desserts. To highlight your meal we also offer over 600 wines with a Wine Manager on premise. Make reservations today & come dip into something different. NOTE: OpenTable reservations are for full meal service only. Please contact The Melting Pot directly for cheese & dessert or dessert only service.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
The Melting Pot - Richmond - Best Restaurants in Richmond ›
The Melting Pot - Richmond reviews from OpenTable diners
98 reviews since May 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (87)romantic (84)notable wine list (46)good for groups (28)fit for foodies (27)neighborhood gem (14)kid-friendly (11)hot spot (8)great for brunch (5)late-night find (3)great for lunch (2)scenic view (1)Show More
- great ambiance, small portionsshopper24Dined on 9/12/2014The melting pot is a great place for a romantic dinner, and is a fun experience. Don't go if you are very hungry, as portions are quite small. We paid well over a hundred dollars for two and left hungry.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special experience!waited4yearsDined on 9/6/2014Upon receiving a gift card for this restaurant (FOUR YEARS AGO!), I finally had the pleasure of dining at the Melting Pot for the very first time this past Saturday. Our server was SUPER and patiently explained the entire process, as the fondue experience was new to my boyfriend and i. This special dinner was well worth the wait. A bit pricey but as to be expected at such an elite establishment. I definitely recommend, and hope to return soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent ServiceKrileydogDined on 8/31/2014A nice quiet restaurant to enjoy a relaxing dinner. Our server Megan was excellent. She gave us some great suggestions. The service was excellent from start to finish.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Repeat GuestsFoodvacationerDined on 8/31/2014We enjoyed our latest meal at Melting Pot, same as the few previous occasions. The service is always spot on, the food is delicious and great wines to accompany every selection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingQuiltyDined on 8/30/2014I had never been there before. It was better than i expected. The food was amazing and the staff was better.Special Features:
- Superb, againVirginiaBritDined on 8/26/2014Second time dining at the Melting Pot Richmond and a second great experience. Friendly, enthusiastic, and knowledgeable staff who are present all the way through your meal without being overbearing. The seating is nice and private and the food goes without saying - outstanding steak fondue and desert helped along with a $25 voucher from our last visit. Can't wait to be back.Special Features:
- Good service, good food for fondueCorovabeachDined on 8/23/2014A Greg experience if you've never been! The food is good but keep in mind it's fondue! The atmosphere is nice, very dim lighting. The ripped seat cushions were a bit of a turn off compared to the rest of the setting! The service is always good. Seems a bit pricey for what ya get but you do leave full! Overall a good dining experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not as good as in the pastAllabouttheexperienceDined on 8/17/2014Have visited several times before. Cheese fondue and salads this time were only average. Service was average. Not running back anytime soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- far from romanticpookie1979Dined on 8/17/2014To start off with, the waiter was just gross looking needed a hair cut and a bath. Also he just sounded like a recording, fast talking and we couldn't hear a word he said. Nobody ever refilled our drinks or even asked. The two lemonades we got were were not worth the $11 we payed, they didn't have alcohol in them. We were there for our anniversary, we were sat near two screaming and crying kids the whole meal and another family across the way complaining about their service and how they weren't leaving a tip. Not even close to a romantic evening for the high price we payed. On top of all that the desert plate didn't have the cheese cake on it. i looked forward to that since it was on the desert plate every other time I've been.Special Features:
- Best dining experience!EK0422Dined on 8/16/2014This was my first time to the Melting Pot and it now officially my favorite restaurant. Our waitness was very knowledgable and able to help us make the best choices. It was not only a meal - but a realy experience. I would recommend this place to anyone!!Special Features:
- TLG2Luv2eatDined on 8/16/2014My husband and I thoroughly enjoyed our anniversary dinner at the Melting Pot. It was our first time and we loved the atmosphere and the food was great! Our waitress did an excellent job and the other staff was very friendly also.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best place to eatSmileysamiamDined on 8/13/2014The melting pot is a phenomenal restaurant. Great food and impeccable service. It's not just a meal, it's an experience. Ask for Rohit!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another successful anniversaryJBDinesDined on 8/10/2014Another successful anniversary dinner by my wife and I. That is by far her favorite restaurant, so I try to reserve it for special occasions. As usual, the staff is always prepared for our arrival. They cater to our needs very quickly and completely. I'm glad to see the menu change a bit. Nice to have a bit more options to choose from. As usual, the lighting and atmosphere are always up too par. Overall, I have to give another set of thumbs up to The Melting Pot. Always a good choice.Special Features:
- Excellent Servivce - Poor FoodRanger6Dined on 8/9/2014this is a very "different restaurant. It has a great name - and a great followiing. However, for the price - not for me. I dine out all over Eastern US and would have to say that the quality and quantity of food at Melting Pot is pretty sad. Waiter could not have been nicer - and I probably would have not gone here except for a gift from a dear friend. I can assure you that I am "one and done" The dessert was by far the best part of the meal.
- Worst ServicekirstieDined on 8/8/2014I made reservations and when I showed up, the hostess told me they didn't have an available table and it would only be a minute wait, which then turned into 35 minutes so my party and I left. When I make a reservation, I expect it to be honored.
- atetoomuchDined on 8/5/2014have been here at least 5 times and will continue to return for the great experience. awesome food and service. Way too noisy for an intimate romantic night this time thank you!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My Birthday DinnerNicaraBrownDined on 8/2/2014It was amazing! I loved it! Awesome experience! Will definitely dine there again!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place for special occasionscheeseloversDined on 8/2/2014We enjoy the cheese fondues. Service is always superb.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent experience.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/1/2014Great service and a wonderful experience for our anniversary.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always great!RomanticCoupleDined on 7/31/2014We love coming to Melting Pot. Always great service. The food is fun and the wine is very good. Have great happy hour at the bar apparently too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Over the TopOffwhiteDined on 7/23/2014I loved the overall dining experience. I've already shared with my family and friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful As Always!JessDined on 7/20/2014I've been to the Melting Pot quite a number of times. I'm glad to say that the experience is still as amazing as ever. I highly recommend taking advantage of the Endless Entree option, when it comes along. There is no better value for this type of dining experience!Special Features:
- Jeanne and Melting Pot are awesomeWildmanwesDined on 7/18/2014I always enjoy going to the Melting Pot and this time was no exception. Our server, Jeanne, did a great job explaining all the choices we had, making sure we didn't need anything, kept the flow of the dinner going well. Next time we eat there we are going to try to get Jeanne as our server. Our meal as always was great. I certainly recommend the after dinner drinks they have.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Above and beyondQristinaDined on 7/17/2014We love fondue, but this restaurant went above and beyond to make our celebration of having a daughter more special. Waitor was extremely attentive to make sure we were enjoying our meal and surprised us with the cutest teddy bear. The food was outstanding as normal, and with the addition of the "search and rescue" spoon, we didn't miss out on any delicious pieces.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fond of FondueWikciaDined on 7/13/2014I have been to several Melting Pot restaurants throughout the country. They have never disappointed me with the quality of food and service. That's why my husband and I continue to eat at the Melting Pot. We usually go for special occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First viist - WOW!MeltingPot1Dined on 7/12/2014The was my first time to The Melting Pot. I was on a second date and it was wonderful. I owe a big thank you to the person who recommended it to me. It was fantastic!Special Features:
- Outstanding ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/5/2014The overall Melting Pot experience was phenomenal. I had friends join my wife and I and it was their first time. My wife and I were very pleased and our guests had a great first time experience and will be coming back.Special Features:
- AlmostLuv2dineDined on 6/28/2014We went for our anniversary. Had the 4 course meal. The food was fantastic and since we were early for our reservation we had the section of the Resturant we were seated in all to ourselves. The staff was very friendly, helpful and knowledgeable. 2 things made it the almost what we were looking for: 1) about the time we started the second course another table was sat with a very loud speaking woman making it difficult to converse with each other at our table which limited our conversation for the rest of the meal and 2) while the staff is VERY friendly we did not go out to converse with the staff at the Resturant. We had constant interruptions with 2 managers checking on us, waitress checking on us way to frequently etc...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dinnerwithmygirlsDined on 6/27/2014We went for my wife's birthday and took our college age daughter. We loved it. We had not been to the Melting Pot for a long time. We took our time, really enjoyed the Alpine cheese fondue. Try not to fill up on that! The classic salad with the sweet and tangy dressing was great. We shared the Classic entrée and got two types of beef, chicken, pork and shrimp. The vegetables in the cooking liquid were very good too. The classic fondue with peanut butter was great and we loved the blond brownies and brownies dippers especially. I would recommend getting the chocolate and cheese fondue for two for three people. It was more than enough. We also shared the entrée course. Very fun event. Our server was great.Special Features:
- FamilyTimeWellSpentDined on 6/20/2014Always a treat!! We come here 2-3 times a year and enjoy every minute spent. Now that we know about some additional specials, we are going to be coming more often!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Romantic DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/15/2014I love the food! However I asked for a private booth when I booked my reservation the early part of May and when we arrived we were seated near a family with small children. It was our evening out without our kids. So I didn't want to hear someone else's crying. The food was awesome so we made the most of it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/13/2014Not what it used to be and not worth the price. Will not be going back.
- Change isn't always good...AmandaH85Dined on 6/12/2014I have been going to the melting pot for many years. Whether it was a celebration, a date, prom, or for the food and wine: it was my favorite fine dining experience...until this past time. When my fiancé and I went, we were greeted like we normally would and that's when we noticed some changes. It was loud, really really loud. Small children were screaming and running around the restaurant. People were coming in wearing yoga pants, t shirts, and flip flops. Yes, I understand about being in a relaxed environment, but not here. The food and staff were amazing, but the whole meal felt rushed. Some people like to get their food sooner, others enjoyed the experience of the spacing. Sometimes change isn't always good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Less than pleasant experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/12/2014Regrettably, my recent visit to the Melting pot - Richmond was not what I had hoped for. As a big fan of the restaurant, I wanted to take my girlfriend there for the first time, since she had never been. Unfortunately, she has seafood and nut allergies, which were explained to the waiter when making our food selection. While we obviously did not order the entrees with seafood, the waiter failed to mention that the salad dressing selected had a walnut ingredient. As a result, she experienced a severe allergic reaction, which caused her tongue and neck to become swollen and I had to get the Manager to get Benadryl for her from the grocery store around the corner, while I stayed with her. I am still waiting for a response from corporate.Special Features:
- Rerfect for a romantic night outanajagerDined on 6/8/2014My husband and I like to dine at The Melting Pot when we want a romantic date night or when celebrating big moments in out lives. The service is always friendly and wonderful, food is always perfect and the ambient is really romantic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Family NightOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 6/8/2014Kids enjoy The Melting Pot -- but it is expensive for what you get.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RECOMMENDTABM85Dined on 6/8/2014The food is outstanding and if you leave hungry it is your own fault. Great place to go with another couple or family. Great food and ideal place to sit and talk. Prices on the high side, but you should be OK with that as long as you know before entering.Special Features:
- BarbBarbDined on 6/1/2014The fondue is good but over -priced. We had the crabmeat fondue and I had stomach cramps the entire next day. I had to come home from work and lie down. I wish we had just gotten the plain cheese. The chocolate fondue was of course delicious, especially with the strawberries.Special Features:
- Gemini JambestjesseverDined on 5/31/2014My husband's birthday is 05/30 and mine is 06/02, so we always celebrate our birthdays together at The Melting Pot. We affectionately refer to our celebration as "Gemini Jam." We thoroughly enjoyed our 5th Annual Gemini Jam and made wonderful memories. The food, the laughs, and the experience will always be treasured.Special Features:
- Amazing 35th Anniversarycw3RetiredDined on 5/31/2014The entire experience at The Melting Pot was amazing. Leo set us up with a very private booth (with a curtain no less)and a great memento package including a framed photo of the evening and a single red rose for my wife. Dave, the manager on duty made sure everything was just perfect for our evening. And "Captain" Morgan, our waiter was outstanding. The entire food selection was superb. It was very hard to pick a favorite between the cheese appetizer, the salad course, the entree, or the dessert. It was all fabulous. I would recommend this restaurant to anyone celebrating a special occasion. Thanks to everyone at The Melting Pot Richmond.Special Features: