The Melting Pot - Richmond
9704 Gayton Road
Richmond, VA 23233Neighborhood:
FonduePrice: $31 to $50
The Melting Pot - Richmond
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.meltingpot.com/richmond/specials
- Phone: (804) 741-3120
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Monday - Friday 5:00pm - 11:45 Saturday - 5:00 to 11:45
Lunch available for parties for 10 or more. Please call for details.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Fondue, French, Swiss
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (bar only), Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: The Melting Pot has a semi-private to private dining area that can seat up to 40 guests. For parties of 15 or more, one of the pre-set menus is required. Please call for details.
- Private Party Contact: Manager on Duty 8047413120x
- Special Events: Every 2nd and 4th Tuesday of the month we offer our Ladies Night Out. Special menus and drink prices are extended on these nights.
A word from The Melting Pot - Richmond
The Melting Pot, a fondue restaurant, offers an extraordinary dining experience that you won't find at any other restaurant. Here, you'll discover all the ingredients to a perfect evening, including a relaxed atmosphere, private tables, attentive service, an award winning wine list & fabulous four-course fondue dinners. No matter what the occasion, from a romantic date to a get-together with friends, meetings or large groups, The Melting Pot always hits the spot. The Melting Pot offers the highest quality fresh ingredients, a variety of cooking styles, unique sauces & your favorite chocolate fondue desserts. To highlight your meal we also offer over 600 wines with a Wine Manager on premise. Make reservations today & come dip into something different. NOTE: OpenTable reservations are for full meal service only. Please contact The Melting Pot directly for cheese & dessert or dessert only service.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
The Melting Pot - Richmond - Best Restaurants in Richmond ›
The Melting Pot - Richmond reviews from OpenTable diners
100 reviews since July 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (87)romantic (84)notable wine list (36)fit for foodies (31)good for groups (25)neighborhood gem (12)late-night find (9)hot spot (7)kid-friendly (6)scenic view (3)great for lunch (2)Show More
- 20th AnniversaryBatLady1111Dined on 11/11/2014Very romantic. Our 20th anniversary was so special. Our waiter was fabulous. The manager checked in on us and got us what we needed. I mentioned that it was our anniversary when making my reservations and we arrived to find we had a private room. Very romantic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place for a romanitc or special dinnerTim0Dined on 11/10/2014Very nice place for a romantic or special dinner. Service and food were exceptional.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best local diningromanticeatermanDined on 11/6/2014Great atmosphere, quiet and romantic. Soft lighting and great service capture the mood.Special Features:
- Wonderfully romanticColgateDined on 11/5/2014The privacy of a booth, close seating and active process. The whole experience encourages conversation and makes for a very interesting evening.Special Features:
- FONDUE GOO1DATENITEDined on 11/2/2014I WAS NOT IMPRESSED WITH THE FOOD,OVERALL IT LACKED FLAVOR, ESPECIALLY THE CHEESE FONDUE!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/31/2014Fabulous!!! Been before, will come again. I will NOT ever do the 4 course "experience" though. Way too much food. I think cheese and desert is actually enough. And I love to eat :-)Special Features:
- Anniversary DinnercknightDined on 10/21/2014This was a wonderfully romantic dining experience.Special Features:
- The best we ever hadtjcj2010Dined on 10/19/2014This was me and my wife 2 yr anniversary and she has mentioned the melting pot multiple times to me so I said we will make a special trip to the melting pot and it was the best experience ever great food great customer service everyone was politeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent servicekrispys1982Dined on 10/19/2014Excellent service ,one on one attention with your server. Very secluded dining booths and beyond delicious food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Most romantic spot in RichmondLuvRomanceDined on 10/16/2014Perfect private table...perfect food...perfect nightSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The best of experienceKJ1990Dined on 10/11/2014Love it!!! The best restaurant I ever been to. Expensive, but worth ever dollar.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Must try once but once is enoughcj67Dined on 10/8/2014Fun experience but be prepared to spend your romantic evening with a stranger - the server is at the table constantly. Some of it is necessary for food prep but they could greatly improve efficiency. Our server was at our table about every 5 minutes. And the manager stopped by twice, so we were constantly having to converse with strangers standing over our tiny and crowded table and not enjoying our anniversary. Cheese course is good, but the bulk of the dippers were tiny crumbled bagged tortilla chips. Entree course was subpar with bland meats and a poor variety of veggies. Dessert is the only thing worth it - plenty of chocolate and a good variety of dippers. If we go again (doubtful), it would be for dessert only.Special Features:
- Good restaurantMaola94Dined on 9/27/2014The restaurant is my favorite.. Good excelent.. Service perfect.. The manager is good person.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Nice and Romantic atmosphere!TPSmithDined on 9/27/2014Awesome Restetaunt to start! The greeters were very welcoming as soon as we walked in! It was a little dark walking to our seats though, but server did guide us carefully to our seats and told us to watch our step..lol!! Our Waiter was very pleasant and Informative! He told us the history of the restaurant and recommended his favs on the menu! The Beginnig Fondue was very good which was the Spinach Artichoke! The salads are a bit small(in my opinion) The food was pretty good! THE DESSERT WAS AWESOME!! We got the Chocolte Truffle Fondue!! Over all Fun and Romantic Experience! My Wife loved it,so I'm HAPPY!! :-)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingFoodieDined on 9/24/2014From beginning to end the staff was amazing... Very pleasant and helpful being that this was my first time there. The food was awesome. Definitely won't be my last time there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dining experience, expensiveRicmonsterDined on 9/22/2014The Melting Pot is a unique and very tasty dining experience not found in other venues. This is my wife's favorite restaurant. They have a spectacular wine list and a good variety of main courses. Dessert is included in their feature four course menu - If you are a chocolate lover, be sure to save room. My only complaint is they are a little pricy.Special Features:
- ExcellentCya1117Dined on 9/21/2014Not my first time there but the service was amazing and food was delicious. Lots of unexpected notice though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JojoDined on 9/20/2014Fantastic experience; this is our new go to for special occasions!Special Features:
- Great PlacebrianhDined on 9/19/2014It was an enjoyable experience. Nice atmosphere, good food. Fun.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome DinnerKeithDined on 9/17/2014What a great place. We had another awesome dinner - great food and great serviceSpecial Features:
- great ambiance, small portionsshopper24Dined on 9/12/2014The melting pot is a great place for a romantic dinner, and is a fun experience. Don't go if you are very hungry, as portions are quite small. We paid well over a hundred dollars for two and left hungry.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special experience!waited4yearsDined on 9/6/2014Upon receiving a gift card for this restaurant (FOUR YEARS AGO!), I finally had the pleasure of dining at the Melting Pot for the very first time this past Saturday. Our server was SUPER and patiently explained the entire process, as the fondue experience was new to my boyfriend and i. This special dinner was well worth the wait. A bit pricey but as to be expected at such an elite establishment. I definitely recommend, and hope to return soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent ServiceKrileydogDined on 8/31/2014A nice quiet restaurant to enjoy a relaxing dinner. Our server Megan was excellent. She gave us some great suggestions. The service was excellent from start to finish.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Repeat GuestsFoodvacationerDined on 8/31/2014We enjoyed our latest meal at Melting Pot, same as the few previous occasions. The service is always spot on, the food is delicious and great wines to accompany every selection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingQuiltyDined on 8/30/2014I had never been there before. It was better than i expected. The food was amazing and the staff was better.Special Features:
- Superb, againVirginiaBritDined on 8/26/2014Second time dining at the Melting Pot Richmond and a second great experience. Friendly, enthusiastic, and knowledgeable staff who are present all the way through your meal without being overbearing. The seating is nice and private and the food goes without saying - outstanding steak fondue and desert helped along with a $25 voucher from our last visit. Can't wait to be back.Special Features:
- Good service, good food for fondueCorovabeachDined on 8/23/2014A Greg experience if you've never been! The food is good but keep in mind it's fondue! The atmosphere is nice, very dim lighting. The ripped seat cushions were a bit of a turn off compared to the rest of the setting! The service is always good. Seems a bit pricey for what ya get but you do leave full! Overall a good dining experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not as good as in the pastAllabouttheexperienceDined on 8/17/2014Have visited several times before. Cheese fondue and salads this time were only average. Service was average. Not running back anytime soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- far from romanticpookie1979Dined on 8/17/2014To start off with, the waiter was just gross looking needed a hair cut and a bath. Also he just sounded like a recording, fast talking and we couldn't hear a word he said. Nobody ever refilled our drinks or even asked. The two lemonades we got were were not worth the $11 we payed, they didn't have alcohol in them. We were there for our anniversary, we were sat near two screaming and crying kids the whole meal and another family across the way complaining about their service and how they weren't leaving a tip. Not even close to a romantic evening for the high price we payed. On top of all that the desert plate didn't have the cheese cake on it. i looked forward to that since it was on the desert plate every other time I've been.Special Features:
- Best dining experience!EK0422Dined on 8/16/2014This was my first time to the Melting Pot and it now officially my favorite restaurant. Our waitness was very knowledgable and able to help us make the best choices. It was not only a meal - but a realy experience. I would recommend this place to anyone!!Special Features:
- TLG2Luv2eatDined on 8/16/2014My husband and I thoroughly enjoyed our anniversary dinner at the Melting Pot. It was our first time and we loved the atmosphere and the food was great! Our waitress did an excellent job and the other staff was very friendly also.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best place to eatSmileysamiamDined on 8/13/2014The melting pot is a phenomenal restaurant. Great food and impeccable service. It's not just a meal, it's an experience. Ask for Rohit!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another successful anniversaryJBDinesDined on 8/10/2014Another successful anniversary dinner by my wife and I. That is by far her favorite restaurant, so I try to reserve it for special occasions. As usual, the staff is always prepared for our arrival. They cater to our needs very quickly and completely. I'm glad to see the menu change a bit. Nice to have a bit more options to choose from. As usual, the lighting and atmosphere are always up too par. Overall, I have to give another set of thumbs up to The Melting Pot. Always a good choice.Special Features:
- Excellent Servivce - Poor FoodRanger6Dined on 8/9/2014this is a very "different restaurant. It has a great name - and a great followiing. However, for the price - not for me. I dine out all over Eastern US and would have to say that the quality and quantity of food at Melting Pot is pretty sad. Waiter could not have been nicer - and I probably would have not gone here except for a gift from a dear friend. I can assure you that I am "one and done" The dessert was by far the best part of the meal.
- Worst ServicekirstieDined on 8/8/2014I made reservations and when I showed up, the hostess told me they didn't have an available table and it would only be a minute wait, which then turned into 35 minutes so my party and I left. When I make a reservation, I expect it to be honored.
- atetoomuchDined on 8/5/2014have been here at least 5 times and will continue to return for the great experience. awesome food and service. Way too noisy for an intimate romantic night this time thank you!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My Birthday DinnerNicaraBrownDined on 8/2/2014It was amazing! I loved it! Awesome experience! Will definitely dine there again!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place for special occasionscheeseloversDined on 8/2/2014We enjoy the cheese fondues. Service is always superb.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent experience.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/1/2014Great service and a wonderful experience for our anniversary.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always great!RomanticCoupleDined on 7/31/2014We love coming to Melting Pot. Always great service. The food is fun and the wine is very good. Have great happy hour at the bar apparently too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 1085 reviews are from the The Melting Pot - Richmond reviews archive.