The Melting Pot - Minneapolis
80 South 9th Street
Minneapolis, MN 55402Neighborhood:
Downtown / North Loop
FonduePrice: $31 to $50
The Melting Pot - Minneapolis
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.meltingpot.com/minneapolis/specials
- Phone: 6123389900
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Sunday - Saturday 11:30am - 2:00pm Dinner: Sunday - Thursday 4:00pm - 10:00pm Dinner: Friday - Saturday 4:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Fondue
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Dancing, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Our Chocolate Fondue Fountain can be rented for your next event! We also provide catering options for select charity events.
- Private Party Facilities: Looking for a great place to host your family gathering, corporate party, friends outing, bridal shower, rehearsal dinner, bachelor and bachelorette parties, grooms dinner or wedding reception? Sir Things Up at the Melting Pot where group dining can be as fun or formal as your occasion requires. We feature private and semi private dining areas that seat 8 to 200 guests, expert service, customizable menus, and interactive dining....all the ingredients you need to make a lasting impression! Ask to speak to our Group Sales Manager 612.338.9900 or email email@example.com and start planning your special night!
- Private Party Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org 6123389900
- Entertainment: Great stage area for any size band if you would like to book for your private party! Live Band for Special Occasions (i.e. New Years Eve)
- Special Events: Become a Fan of the Melting Pot on Facebook and be the first to hear about our upcoming special events. Or join our Club Fondue and receive e-mails about new promotions. You also receive a Free Chocolate for 2 just for signing up!!
A word from The Melting Pot - Minneapolis
The Melting Pot can turn any occasion into a truly unforgettable experience. From intimate proposals to large gatherings, our distinctive atmosphere and delectable fondue provide exceptional dining for parties of any size. Anniversaries, birthdays, holidays, date nights, rehearsal dinners, you name it, The Melting Pot experience can really Stir Things Up and make your outing remarkably special.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
The Melting Pot - Minneapolis - Best Restaurants in Downtown / North Loop ›
The Melting Pot - Minneapolis reviews from OpenTable diners
286 reviews since June 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (229)romantic (181)good for groups (112)fit for foodies (97)notable wine list (52)hot spot (36)great for lunch (22)late-night find (17)kid-friendly (17)neighborhood gem (15)great for brunch (6)scenic view (2)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Doing it once is enoughOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/21/2014The food was good, but I only would have to go once. It's fondue, how many times do you really need to spend $150 on fondue for two? I would say try it out because it was a fun spot to have a nice little date night. But if you want to get a group together spend $60 on three pots, $40 on whatever foods look good and for $100 you could host a fun/unique party.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/19/2014Waiter was the highlight with suggestions, what to trySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/19/2014Everything was great! We know we will be back! It's a really fun experience and nothing like any other restaurants I've been to. The service is amazing as well! And make sure if you get dessert (which you need to!) that you know you can ask for more of your favorites to dip in the chocolate! We will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved it!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/17/2014My husband and I had an amazing time! It was quiet, romantic, dark, and the food was phenomenal. We will definitely come again for another date night in the future!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent experienceMcLuvinDined on 10/16/2014i went here on a date with my girlfriend. We sat at our own individual booth with no view of anyone else in the resturant. Very private and romantic. The server was very nice and outgoing. Overall a great experience. P.S. The desert is the BOMBSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nofoodiehereDined on 10/15/2014This is a great place to go for a special occasion. The food is delicious, and it is such a fun experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- always thrilledcleoeyesDined on 10/15/2014My daughter and I have always loved our trips to city, especially when The Melting Pot is on the Agenda. we had a great time, great food and service staff was awesome. glad we get to do this once in a while.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Waiter was terribleDisappointedDined on 10/12/2014We had a man who wasn't the greatest to our group. We felt like we were wasting his time by being there to eat. He served us the wrong chocolate and never came over to us to ask how things were or if we wanted more or something. It was either the boss or manager that finally came over to help us. Rediculous.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun but PriceyShanghaiMaryDined on 10/12/2014We had a fantastic waiter and it was fun doing the fondue thing but for 3 of us it was 180.00 and that was having only one beer. Would only go back for cheese and desert not the full tilt.Special Features:
- perfect as alwayscraftyriversDined on 10/11/2014I've always had a good experience at the melting pot, and this was no exception. I reserved dinner for two to celebrate my niece's golden birthday. They pulled out all the stops and really made her feel special. Big thanks to Kevin for making her night even more memorable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice experienceMurphy356Dined on 10/11/2014Fondue Style service, very pleasent experience overall, not a typical dinning experience, staff took time to explain cooking method, times, choice of oils etc and menu. Food is basic stuff to stick in a hot pot of oil, but lots of fun with a small group. The meal its self becomes part of the dinning experience and guest interact beyond simple conversation. Perhaps a little pricey, but not that bad. We made the mistake of going during the Zombie Pub Crawl event and parking was a bit of an issue, but would certainly go again and would recommend it. I think on a cool and snowy Minneapolis night this would be a perfect dinner spot.Special Features:
- DateNightDined on 10/9/2014Some what lack luster experience. If you're looking for an uncommon dining experience, then it's probably a reasonable fit.
- BirthdaylysumDined on 10/8/2014They really made me feel special on my 50th brithday!Special Features:
- Melting pot melts our hearts!meltmyheartDined on 10/5/2014My husband and I visited the Melting Pot-Minneapolis for our 20th wedding anniversary! Our waitress was AWESome, very friendly, happy, quick witted and on the spot service! She was honest with her recommendations and we ordered as she suggested and everything was perfect! My ONLY complaint is that there was an odor in the air for part of our visit that was very bad, not sure if it was seafood or one of the spices or the cooking top but my husband and I almost asked to try a different table d/t the horrific odor. Thankfully it waned and we were able to enjoy our meal :)Special Features:
- DeliciousDined on 10/4/2014just awesome food! the seafood, (Salmon, ahi ahi tuna and shrimp) to die for!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fun with friendsstamper1004Dined on 9/30/2014we had a girls lunch with the cheese and chocolate...great fun! : )Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- not impressedmplsdinerDined on 9/28/2014My daughter wanted to celebrate her birthday at the Melting Pot. I have been wanting to try this restaurant for years now so I booked a reservation for a Sunday afternoon. While the experience was fun for the kids, I would never go back. The steak was very tough and chewy, even the filet mignon. The oil got disgusting halfway through the meal, we should have ordered 2 pots of that along with the broth. The chocolate fondue was a disappointment as well. I thought the overall experience was not up to par for the amount of money we spent and it took over 3 hours before we got out of there.Special Features:
- Love this Restaurant! GF FriendlyAmandaVIPDined on 9/27/2014I love this restaurant and they are very gluten free friendly. The food is amazing and being gluten free I don't feel I'm missing out. They have gluten free bread with the dippers for the cheese course and gluten free brownies and cake with the dessert course. I think the food here is excellent and I love the experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 1st wedding anniversaryLinus2075Dined on 9/27/2014We chose to go to the melting pot for our 1 year wedding anniversary and had a wonderful experience! We were even given take home dipped strawberries for later! :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So-soOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/24/2014For the price, I do not consider this a place I'd recommend to friends. This was our first visit to restraunt- many choices to make, our server was impatient and snapped at us. The food tastes good- but there's too many other better places in town that are better for the price.Special Features:
- Great First ExperienceFirstFonduersDined on 9/21/2014We went to The Melting Pot to celebrate my wife's birthday / our recent wedding anniversary and could not have been more pleased with the entire experience. This had been something we wanted to do for some time and finally just took it in. The staff was extremely helpful for first-timers like us in regards for what to expect, help with the menu and overall how the cooking process works. The food was outstanding for all four courses and we even had a private booth where we could have great conversation and fun making and enjoying portions of our meal. Would for sure recommend the experience to others and to join their rewards program, Club Fondue, for nice deals and incentives.Special Features:
- Our favorite!OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 9/21/2014We go here for our anniversary every year and usually for each of our birthdays. This visit we had slow service. We felt like it was a lot of time in between each course. Some may like that, but we kept feeling like we almost wanted to skip the next course to get done quicker. We usually don't experience this.Special Features:
- Took Too longprocessDined on 9/21/2014We had a new server ( she kept telling us she was new several times) which was OK, but our meal last 3 and half hours. It took way tooo long and we were getting impatient with the entire process. We had been there many times prior and had never been that long and drung out. That was the only bad thing - the length of the meal. Otherwise the meal was great! The server was friendly, but she stressed too much she was NEW!Special Features:
- Fun ExperiencethetpDined on 9/20/2014Good food, good atmosphere, fun time; but, nothing specifically special about the place.Special Features:
- intimateanniezDined on 9/20/2014I like the fact the tables were so intimate! Felt like we were by ourselves. Didn't see other diners. Food is fun and good.Special Features:
- Fun dining experience!JessDined on 9/19/2014Definitely a different dining experience! Great service and good food! Had so much fun celebrating my husband's birthday here!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Something different!NMarieDined on 9/17/2014While I would not recommend Melting Pot for dinner, since I don't think the portion sizes for meats warrant the prices, I love the idea of stopping in for the cheese and/or chocolate courses before a night out on the time or whenever you're hungry, but not enough for a full meal. The fact that there's unlimited bread & veggies is a total bonus! Tip: try the apples dipped in chocolate, sprinkled with a very small amount of sea saltSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good fondue restaurantAlexDined on 9/14/2014That'sounds the place in Minneapolis, if you want a fondue restaurant. I recommend Bourg onese.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Anniversary DinnerRich9503Dined on 9/13/2014We had a fantastic experience and thoroughly enjoyed the food. My Wife and I both had Filet & Lobster 4 course meal and it was superb. We will definitely be going back and would highly recommend to anyone.Special Features:
- Awesome Date NightChefJosephDined on 9/13/2014My girlfriend brought me here for my birthday. She wanted to make it a special night for me seeing that not only was it my birthday but I'm a foodie due to my training as a chef. It was a very fun experience & it was great because it had an extertainment factor as well. It too almost two hours to complete the ; courses, so it was a great night. Definitely we will do again sometime.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Expensive and wasn't satisfiedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014We had to order a second cheese because the first cheese was extremely garlicky and we were charged for one new pot 3x. The food comes raw (part of the 'fondue' experience) and it was hard to determine when the meat was cooked thoroughly. I would spend my money elsewhere to have my food cooked and more portions. I am not fond of fondue anymore!Special Features:
- GreatHelloDined on 9/13/2014Great food! Small portions, but the food was amazing. Server was the only downfall. I ordered a coke and it took forever to get a refill.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014Little pricey for what you get. Knowing it was for anniversary, should of gotten better table. My seat, booth was rocky/broken.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rubbish at time keepingBudgieDined on 9/7/2014Despite making reservation we were kept waiting for nearly half an hour. Maitre de, insisted we pay bar tab before seating us in dining room, which was quite offensive. Had we ordered drinks in the dining room it would have been added to our bill. However, the waiter made up for this man's crass behaviour, because he was friendly and great at his job. The food was excellent and very enjoyable. Food is now very reasonably priced.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary DinnercollegekidDined on 9/5/2014The Melting Pot is the perfect place to celebrate an anniversary in style. The way the food is presented and how we have to make the food creates conversation that doesn't happen at other restaurants. The attention given by the serving staff made it seem like we were the only ones in the restaurant. I plan on coming back soon!Special Features:
- Consistently Goodlilos21Dined on 9/3/2014Been to this Melting Pot numerous times and have always had a great experience. The food is always fresh and tasty, and the act of cooking it myself is so much fun. This time our waiter seemed a bit nervous (maybe he was new) but overall was fantastic. The 4-course experience is the way to go, and I usually do not leave hungry. Keep in mind it's a good 2 hour experience but its tough to beat. We will be back again and again. Can't beat the consistently good experience.Special Features:
- Treat yourself!mawinmgDined on 9/1/2014Good place to feel special: great food, great drinks, great service, but priceySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A long-time favoriteafish01Dined on 8/31/2014We've been coming to Melting Pot for many years. It still provides a unique experience and great atmosphere along with friendly service. We hope to continue coming for many more years!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great fun.lucyDined on 8/30/2014Cloe was awesome. Dinner was really unique, fun and interactive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great timeFood4thoughtDined on 8/30/2014Fun hands on experience makes the great food even betterSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.