The Mark Dine & Tap
1234 Eddy Street
South Bend, IN 46617Neighborhood:
Gastro PubPrice: $30 and under
The Mark Dine & Tap
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://themarkdineandtap.com/
- Phone: 5742042767
- Hours of Operation:
Monday -Thursday: 11:00am - 9:00pm, Friday: 11:00am -10:00pm, Saturday: 9:00am -10:00pm, Sunday: 9:00am - 8:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Comfort Food, Gastro Pub
- Executive Chef: Steve Nebus
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Our specialty catering menu features many fresh, made from scratch items that are available for full service catering both on and off site. Lunch and dinner menus are available for your event, or we can customize a menu unique to your occasion. We have many Vegetarian and Gluten Free options available as well.
Please contact Nancy Nacci at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Private Party Facilities: Our semi-private dining room seats parties of up to 35. We also host large parties in other areas of the restaurant upon request. Special menus are created for each event and we have a pastry chef to create specialty desserts for your occasion.
Food and beverage minimums apply. Please contact us for more information.
- Private Party Contact: Nancy Nacci 5743864039
A word from The Mark Dine & Tap
Gourmet Gastro Pub. Fresh quality made from scratch food specializing in comfort foods with a gourmet twist.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
The Mark Dine & Tap - Best Restaurants in South Bend ›
The Mark Dine & Tap reviews from OpenTable diners
55 reviews since May 20, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (30)great for lunch (25)neighborhood gem (22)great for outdoor dining (15)good for groups (13)special occasion (11)great for brunch (10)hot spot (10)vibrant bar scene (8)notable wine list (8)late-night find (5)kid-friendly (4)romantic (4)scenic view (2)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/6/2014I went there on a football weekend. I was afraid they would overbook and we would be waiting. Not at all. Reservation was met on time with no waiting. Food service and menu were excellent.Special Features:
- Need a new managerIRISHANGELDined on 9/6/2014If it weren't for the fact we've eaten here multiple times before and enjoyed it we would never come back after this experience. First of all I was in a meeting before the Michigan game and they would not seat our party of 8 until I arrived meaning I misse d the last of the meeting. Then the manager told us we would have to leave in 45 min because there was another reservation. Then we were told that we could not have dinner because there wasn't enough time. If not for a very service oriented waiter interceding our dinner would have been a disaster. GET A NEW MANAGER!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Football Game OptionNG1981Dined on 9/6/2014Was there before a football game. I understand that it was busy, but it took over 2 hours for lunch and service was very poor. The waiter seemed to be drifting in and out of paying attention to the table.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2002VIPDined on 9/5/2014We were a little late and they're gave our table away. We sat at yhe bar and ate while lots of other tables were empty. I was miffed to say the least. .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not impressedUnhappyDined on 9/4/2014The menu was VERY reduced. 2 adults and 2 teenagers with no alcohol $95 plus tip. 3 burgers, one small plate and 2 appetizers. Ridiculous. Won't go back.
- MAJOR Changes for the WorstDomerDined on 8/30/2014We've been going to the Mark after ND football games for years. Always crowded and the food was varied and reasonably priced. On our last visit on August 30 we saw that the menu has shrunk ("limited menu for game days") and prices skyrocketed! Variety has diminished as has the service. Over 45 minutes in a less busy than usual atmosphere to get dinner for 4: two of the same dinner salads, a chicken sandwich, and two appetizers as an entree. The manager's excuse was they were busy. He never apologized and tried to mollify us with a desert (one desert for 4 people!) or a beer. I have three pending reservations; cancelling all three. Now some entrees cost more than $35, it will be a long time before we go back, in spite of the convenience.
- Notre Dame Kick OffcarderogDined on 8/29/2014This restaurant is my favorite just down from the stadium. The drinks were creative and satisfying. Never thought soft pretzels would be an appetizer, but they were and tasted great. The steaks, burger and veggie wrap were all cooked to perfection. Since we were stuffed we took dessert to go. Our waitress took our order without needing to write it down and repeated all special requests and additions without missing a beat. We decided to drink in the patio while waiting for our table. We got seated inside and asked to move back outside because it was too noisy to have a conversation. That was the only rough part. I enjoy it when the owner comes to visit with guests for a bit, making sure all is good. You will enjoy it here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous story fry!!!IrishTexansDined on 8/29/2014A great lunch on Friday of football weekend. Started with excellent Caesar salad, cold and crisp. Followed with best stir fry (we all got chicken) we all agreed we ever had. Cocconut curry comes in mild-moderate-hot and is perfect - even hot enough for 3 jalapeño lovers from Texas. Service could not have been better. Only possible down-side, although okay for football crowd, is noise level, so would not recommend for meals involving business discussions or for folks with hearing problems.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not as good as last timeNeighborDined on 8/29/2014The location, staff, ambience are all great and last time I ate there the food was pretty good. But my choice this time of Monte Cristo was very disappointing. Heavy bready and I've had that kind of sandwich before. The raspberry sauce with it was excellent and the "innards" of the sandwich very good but the bread and breading was tasteless and heavy. My companion enjoyed her meal greatly, she had some kind of noodle thing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently Great Dining SpotNDParentDined on 8/23/2014My family and I almost always find ourselves dining at "The Mark" on our visits to South Bend. The atmosphere is lively, the menu is diverse, with choices from yummy burgers (best with sweet potato fries) to delicious grilled seafood and and "Mark" chicken, one do my favorites. Don't forget to order some pretzel rolls, served with tasty dipping sauces. The service is consistently friendly and professional. The close proximity to Notre Dame make it the perfect "meet up" spot for football weekend dining, or when hosting a night out for our Notre Dame children and their friends. Make sure to reserve early for graduation, football weekends, or other special occasions.Special Features:
- Very enjoyable dinnerLaneGreenDined on 8/4/2014This was a great find. We enjoyed ourselves very much, from the waiter informing that the Cabernet I had picked out was donating profits to Cardiovascular research (Ehler's Estate) to accomodating my husband's dining needs (low sodium). Location was fabulous and the german chocolate cake for dessert was to die for.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!!OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 6/27/2014Very good meal! Everyone found something on the menu! The food tasted homemade from the salad dressing to the amazing cakes for dessert! We will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Upscale in all aspectsKSCalifDined on 6/23/2014Fun urban setting. creative and sophisticated menu. Fresh and great tasting food!Special Features:
- Second VisitGuestDined on 6/13/2014This was my second visit to The Mark and it was just as good as the first. I have been in the evening for dinner/drinks and for lunch. The food is good and caters to wide array of dietary styles including GF and V. They are a mid-high range price point for their food, but they use quality ingredients and it is reflected in the final product. The waitstaff is excellent. They are knowledgable about their entire menu, bar list as well, and are friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anyone but TinaPartyof12Dined on 6/10/2014As the title says, if you go to The Mark and Tina is your server, ask to be seated in another area. She took forever to get drink orders and since we complained several times he attitude after that was horrible. Food was great, Tina, not so much.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- luv2eatDined on 6/4/2014My experience for lunch has been outstanding at The Mark Dine & Tap. My husband is handicapped and he was very comfortable there and the staff was very accommodating. I have not yet had the opportunity to have dinner there but look forward to when I do. I like the fact that you can have samples of the beer before purchasing a glass and the wait staff on each of my visits have been very professional and friendly. It is a little pricey but worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- College Reunion gatheringRozelDined on 5/31/2014We all enjoyed The Mark Dine and Tap very much! Our server was patient and helpful. Overall we really enjoyed the food!Special Features:
- Great placekmklebDined on 5/22/2014This was a great place to eat and a wonderful experience. The service was outstanding and the food was wonderful. The menu is diverse.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 127 reviews are from the The Mark Dine & Tap reviews archive.
- DecentHappyEaterDined on 5/16/2014Dinner here was good, but overpriced. I was not expecting the limited menu they had for graduation weekend so it was even more expensive than usual. The food was fine and the service was good though.I would recommend this to a friend.
- InthezipDined on 5/12/2014The room was so loud that we had to shout across the table to each other. Too bad, because the food and service were very fine, but the noise level canceled out the pleasure of the dining.Special Features:
- SloanDined on 5/11/2014Very good food. The service is always good. Great location. Very convient when visiting Notre Dame campus.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great placetjoinesDined on 5/11/2014The Mark has unique food that ia always prepared well with fresh ingredients. They are great with special requests. Staff is friendly and efficient.Special Features:
- Great option for Sunday BrunchChicagoAnnDined on 5/11/2014The Mark and Uptown Kitchen (both part of the Uptown Dining Group) really stand head and shoulders above any other restaurant in the area when it comes to menu and quality. The freshness and quality of the ingredients are obvious in every dish I've tried. Plenty of options for vegetarians and "clean" eaters, as well as more traditional items, which are just incomparably better than anything you can get at the nearby "chain" restaurants. The prices are very reasonable, especially considering they don't have much competition. They have a great brunch menu on Sundays, and offer sidewalk seating. I will return!Special Features:
- Great breakfast!jpsouthbendDined on 5/11/2014Been here for dinner several times but had the chance to go for breakfast on Mother's Day. Had very good choices - not just the typical eggs and bacon. This place can be noisy so conversation with a group can be a challenge - request a booth if you can. Look forward to going back!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Something for everyoneFoodieWannaBeDined on 5/9/2014The Mark always has a diverse menu with amazing specials to please everyone in our picky group from a vegetarian to plain food eater to steak lovers to all around foodies! We can always count on a great meal and service and CAKES!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Group diningBirthdaygirlDined on 5/1/2014We went with 2 other couples for a dining experience. The food choices are good for all, many healthy food choices.The food quality very good. Just loud which made conversing at our table troublesome.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Uninspired Menu - Lackluster SrvceEmJayVIPDined on 4/18/2014Staff not trained very well. Menu is boring The same ingredients seem to be used thought their menu options. Only positive things: fresh ingredients and a good wine list. I like the location, but won't go out of my way to return. Whenever I go here, I leave feeling just "meh." Their other restaurant, Uptown Kitchen, is better.
- Recently GFmarkoholicDined on 4/12/2014Having recently switch to a Gluten-Free diet, it was so nice to feel like I could pick something off the menu that I knew I would enjoy. It is very difficult to go out to eat with a gluten intolerance so I really appreciate how accommodating the Mark is. The Mark is my favorite restaurant close to ND, and I always bring my family there whenever they come to visit. THANKS!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was great that the menuNddinerDined on 4/12/2014It was great that the menu caters to all types of diets without the need for special requests: vegan, vegetarian, regular, heart healthy, gluten free, etc.. The items were clearly labeled if they met guidelines for gluten free, vegetarian, and vegan.Special Features:
- Tasty foodarrhythmiaDined on 4/12/2014This was a first at The Mark. The drinks were well done and well presented. I had the duck which was tasty, though not as tender as I would have liked. The ambience was good. I plan on going back again.I would recommend this to a friend.
- been here a few times. FoodmasterpoDined on 3/26/2014been here a few times. Food is good; decent atmosphere. Tends to get crowded with ND students and gets a bit noisy. I've used it for business dinners but would not recommend it if you were looking for a romantic atmosphere. Menu (especially the specials) is pretty interesting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- bad food, indifferent serviceBobDDined on 3/25/2014Maybe Tuesday is just a bad night for this place, but there aren't a lot of options in SB. In the past, food was good. But not this night. Poorly prepared (burgers not done the way they were ordered). Limp and greasy sweet potato fries. Party of 6 seated at a table shaped like a half moon. Guests seated opposite each other could not hear conversation because of the din, even tho restaurant only half full. Server in a big hurry, often walking away while trying to ask her questions. She disappeared for long stretches. Not a pleasant experience, and quite a change from prior visits.
- Fabulous FoodjpsouthbendDined on 3/21/2014The Mark has great food - and a variety that would suit anyone. We took advantage of some fresh fish specials available and both were amazing! They also have a great wine list. Be aware that this restaurant is somewhat loud no matter where you sit. As a result, it can sometimes be difficult to carry on a conversation with a larger group. A small table of 2 or 4 would likely not have an issue.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Brunch in the BendcynsearDined on 3/16/2014The Mark has become a family favorite for Sunday brunch. Whether our ravenous boys are looking for lunch or breakfast, the Mark's extensive menu has something for them. The portion sizes are generous without being overwhelming and the food never disappoints. While it's not the cheapest meal in town, the value is definitely there. The servers are always friendly, helpful and quick with a drink refill. If there's a problem - and there rarely is - they make it right, no questions ask. Two thumbs up!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not enough to returnCDDiningVIPDined on 3/1/2014The service was good and attentive, but food was was not impressive enough that we would go back. Our guest wanted a lite beer, but was told nothing available - what?! I was stunned that there was no lite beer offered, this is Michiana, not Manhattan. Mixed drinks were well made, craft beers good. We were expecting to have a better experience.
- Loud and slow.PrincessPeaDined on 2/22/2014I was disappointed, by the experience. The location is great and the atmosphere is pleasant, but the service was spotty, and they didn't seem prepared for a pre game crowd. Considering the proximity to Notre Dame, it seemed a perfect spot to eat before a game. There were two larger tables of fifteen and the restaurant was ill prepared to handle a rush. The food is pretty much Bistro food, so I was disappointed at how long it took to be served. The chattering just bounced off the ceiling and the tile floor. it was quite a loud din. I think they would do well to add some sort of flooring or barriers to muffle the sound.Special Features:
- Super LoudFriendlyOutingDined on 2/21/2014I enjoyed the restaurant, it was great for my limited diet (Paleo). However, it was EXTREMELY loud. I had to yell the entire time I was there just to have a conversation. After dinner when we walked outside, it was hard for my ears to adjust to the lower sound levels. I will not be going back because of this. The dinning area is open, and almost all cement, it has an open kitchen. I think all of this added to to the noise level. Maybe it's quieter during lunch, but it was way to loud for dinner.Special Features:
- Quality food, drink, and experienceSHK1Dined on 2/16/2014Food was delicious. Beer selection was good, and they make a tasty bloody. Service was great - attentive but not overbearing. Sometimes you lower the bar a little when assessing a restaurant in a small town, but The Mark would hold its own in a city.Special Features:
- Will not visit againOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/14/2014The appetizer was good (Goat Cheese), but the main courses were overpriced, steak wasn't cooked correctly after two attempts and the side of green beans were undercooked. I don't mind spending $80 for a quality meal, but this was very disappointing for a special night (Valentine's Day). Perhaps it was due to the fact that they don't typically cook some of the steak entrees that were on the evening specials.Special Features:
- Great for an early dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/14/2014I took my girlfriend here for Valentine's Day dinner. Our reservation was at 5:30 but they sat us about 10 minutes early with no waiting. Our server was awesome; she made great recommendations and explained all the food really well, as it was our first time there. She was very attentive and one of those people you just like! The menu looked so amazing, we had to ask for recommendations and still couldn't decide! My girlfriend got a burger and I got the chicken pot pie. I couldn't decide between that and the mac and cheese, so our server brought us a little bowl of it to try! The food was so good. My beer on tap was awesome. All around great experience. We'll definitely be back because there were a lot more things we want to try!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.