The Kemah Steak Company
707 Bradford Ave.
Kemah, TX 77565Neighborhood:
Kemah / Seabrook
SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
The Kemah Steak Company
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://thekemahsteakcompany.com/
- Phone: 2813349463
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm; Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm -12:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Wine Bar, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Carole Barnett
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Chef Carole Barnett is culinary trained from the world renouond Le Cordon Bleu Culinary School in Dallas. She competed on Iron Chef and is the recipient of the American Federation Culinary scholarship for the State of Texas. Chef Carole has apprenticed under Chef Stephen Pyle, Chef Tim Love has had an externship with Food Network star Paula Deen and is currently planning a stage with Chef Toni McPhail at Commanders Palace in New Orleans. She was the sous and pastry chef for Morton’s Steak House in Dallas. She has worked on major parties for super bowls and World Series events.
A word from The Kemah Steak Company
he Kemah Steak Company will provide you with the best dining experience in the Houston area. We choose only the best USDA Prime steaks from the world famous Allen Brothers in Chicago. This truly makes a big difference. Allen Brothers has a unique patented aging process. You can choose either wet aged or dry aged. We present your steak at just the right temperature, juicy and tender. Our side orders are our own special recipes and we have a great selection including creamed corn, mushrooms, Au Gratin potatoes and our delicious truffle mac and cheese. Our seafood is never frozen and comes fresh off the boat from the Gulf of Mexico. Try Red Snapper, Flounder, or our award winning Shrimp and Grits, to name a few.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
The Kemah Steak Company - Best Restaurants in Kemah / Seabrook ›
The Kemah Steak Company reviews from OpenTable diners
30 reviews since May 21, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
romantic (16)special occasion (13)neighborhood gem (13)fit for foodies (6)notable wine list (6)great for outdoor dining (6)good for groups (4)great for lunch (1)vibrant bar scene (1)hot spot (1)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/2/2014It was pretty good. The service was great! The steaks were a little over cooked for Med-Rare, but they had a pretty good flavor. A little over priced. Parking is a bit of challenge - after all ....it is very near to the Kemah Boardwalk. Other than the 3 little kids running in and out to the patio right in front of our table, it was pretty good. Not really a kid friendly kind-of place. Get a sitter people!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing MealLCDinerDined on 8/1/2014I was looking for a place to take my wife for our anniversary. After reading their reviews, I decided to give Kemah Steak Company a try. The ambiance was nice and they have a decent wine list, but that's where the positives end. I ordered the bone-in ribeye and requested it medium rare. When the steak arrived, it was closer to medium well - in fact, one end of the steak was well done with the top 1/4 inch resembling beef jerky. I asked our waiter about it and he did not seem interested in helping make it right and indicated that he felt it was prepared properly. If I'm going to spend $150 on a meal for two, I expect MUCH better food and service.
- Delicious Food/Great AmbienceMikadoDined on 7/25/2014We had a most delicious meal and the service was impeccable. The only criticism was for the marrow bones which had only about a teaspoon of marrow so therefore not worth it although very tasty. Very pleasant atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OK, nothing special for the priceteekayDined on 7/25/2014Good service for the most part. Good appetizers and sides - some unique dishes. Steaks are pricey and more well done than requested. They advertise special "flown in" meat and have the choice of wet or dry aging but the steaks were not noticeably better than those at other similar area restaurants - Perry's, Saltgrass or Opus - but do seem to be higher priced.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- live2eatDined on 7/19/2014Our server Meredith was polite and attentive and made us feel very welcome. This was our first visit, but it will not be our last! Food was outstanding. We frequent many great steak places in the city and are so pleased to find the quality and atmosphere of a top notch restaurant right here in Kemah!! We ordered cocktails and then started on the onion bread which is the best I have ever tasted. Our salads = a ceasar and the wedge were so huge that they could have been a meal in themselves!! The steaks were cooked to perfection and we shared the potatoes and asparagus. Too full for dessert on this visit, but will be sure and try one next time as we expect it to be as high quality as the rest of the meal!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Steak and Service HorribleBriGDined on 7/18/2014Husband and I enjoy a few very nice date nights a year. We tend to avoid the big chains and choose very nice smaller restaurants. This restaurant recently came to our attention and being so close to home and serving Allen Brothers steaks we chose this place for our next date night. Boy were we disappointed! Right when we walked in the door we noticed the menus did not look presentable, filled with water and food stains. Ambience was beautiful though. Bread and dates were good but when the Dry Aged Porterhouse for two came out the waiter literally threw it on the table. Then we had to ask for silverware! The creamed spinach was not really creamed but drenched in bacon fat. Steak not steakhouse quality or worth $80! Owner not onsite either...Special Features:
- Romantic EveningLouiseDined on 7/18/2014My husband and I wanted a quite evening so friends recommended Kemah Steak. The restaurant is beautifully decorated, great music and service ( Micah). We enjoyed the food and have a new " favorite wine". We will return.Special Features:
- CautionKemahdineVIPDined on 7/18/2014Kemah Steakhouse refused to honor our confirmed Open Table reservation. Offered no apology, "have a drink on us" or anything else. What else is there to say. Also refused the couple who came in after us who also had a reservation. Since I have to write fifty words this was our second visit and the first one was good. If going make reservations at least a day before and confirm before going. This place is expensive so don't go on a budget.
- The steak was excellent.SteakLoverDined on 7/13/2014The place is very good for a romantic dinner, steak is excellent. Will not recommend this for large group, we where 5 and where asign a table next to the bar and the entrance not a good spot if you are trying to have a private conversation. But over all the food and service is very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Average at bestOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/13/2014So we were looking forward to a nice diners at at nice place. To start with they had no ice. We got room temp water and had to wait for someone to go buy ice before our drinks were served. They went on and on about the steaks, but my $60.00 ribeye had an odor that reminded me of deer camp. It was small and average at best. Comparable to a $16.00 steak at a chain restaurant. The spinach side was tiny and so salty we couldn't eat it. The shrimp and grits were good. I wouldn't spend the extra money again.
- anniver30anniver30Dined on 7/5/2014The restaurant was highly recommended to us by friends. We were not aware that the Kemah Steak Company even existed. When a special birthday dinner was being planned, we thought we would give them a try. What we experienced was a meal cooked to perfection in a restaurant with an ambiance that we would consider as casually elegant. Adding to a perfect dinner was the background music throughout the entire evening. We will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best steak and atmosphereDougmelDined on 7/4/2014I love this place! The service is outstanding. The steak is tender and flavorful and their cream corn is wonderful! We have never had a bad experience there. We love the atmosphere and enjoy starting at the bar and moving to a table for dinner. I highly recommend this gem of a resturant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome Experience!hahiiiDined on 7/4/2014We wanted to go to Kemah for the July 4th fireworks show but also to eat a nice meal. I'd have to sat we hit a grand slam on the evening. The food was amazing. The appetizer started us off well and then the main course came out. My daughter had the Lump Crab Au Gratin and was completely unwilling to share. The rest of us had steak and it was so tender that I didn't even use my knife to cut it. The sautéed spinach was also great, but just a tad on the salty side. After our meals we had dessert. Again, we were blown away by the taste. As we finished our desserts and sat around talking and waiting for the fireworks to begin our waiter, Micah, made sure that our water glasses stayed full and we never lacked for anything. Just great!!!Special Features:
- Great neighborhood restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/28/2014Great neighborhood find. Food is great, ambiance is nice.Special Features:
- New PlaceOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 6/27/2014Awesome new place now one of our weekly hang outs. Last week was or third time there every visit has been the same.
- Great Local restaurantLCtexasVIPDined on 6/22/2014It was a great find to discover this restaurant. Hadn't seen any publicity and only discovered it on Open Table. Great food and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fresh and DeliciousBluesDined on 6/21/2014Our entire dinner was a delight to our taste buds. Never have I ever had such fresh and cook to a perfection food. My husband had Rib eye and I ate crab cakes. There was more crab than cake and my husband's steak could melt in your mouth. We splurged and had dessert, key lime pie and chocolate lava cake.Special Features:
- SurprisingerioladastraDined on 6/21/2014We went in a little hesitant but had a very good meal. It would be nice if Claer Lake could hold on to a good place for a change. The menu centers on steak but we are not big steak eaters. We tried the "famous" crab cake and were not disappointed, but even the appetizer single one is HUGE. As was the salad (not fancy but well done). My wife had snapper and I had grouper. Both cooked very well and tasty. Home made onion bread while good was not as good as my own. The wines by the glass were limited to the major catagories, but they were good ones. They also have a full bar. The desserts looked good but we were too full. Service was excellent. A little pricey though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 0 reviews are from the The Kemah Steak Company reviews archive.