The Factory Kitchen
1300 Factory Place
Los Angeles, CA 90013Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
The Factory Kitchen
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.thefactorykitchen.com/
- Phone: 2139966000x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:30pm.
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 10:30pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 11:00pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Chef Angelo Auriana
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from The Factory Kitchen
Factory Kitchen is a local traditional Italian restaurant in the heart of the Arts District in Downtown Los Angeles. Factory is the product of life long friendship of Restauranteur Matte Ferdinandi and Chef Angelo Auriana. Chef angelo prepares dishes using fresh seasonal and locally sourced ingredients. The approachable menu at Factory highlights the simplicity of traditional local recipes.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
The Factory Kitchen - Best Restaurants in Downtown ›
The Factory Kitchen reviews from OpenTable diners
322 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelEnergetic
fit for foodies (263)neighborhood gem (162)hot spot (161)special occasion (92)good for groups (63)great for lunch (59)notable wine list (54)vibrant bar scene (52)romantic (28)late-night find (25)great for brunch (5)kid-friendly (4)scenic view (2)Show More
- KudosProfKen101VIPDined on 10/19/2014From busboy to maitre 'd, the service here is attentive, anticipatory, and well-coordinated. Waiter inquired about our meals more than once, apologized for our entrees being brought to table before appetizers were finished, then comped our desserts for the faux pas. The busboys were efficient and inobtrusive. The maitre 'd, overseeing a full house, seemed always nearby in case we needed anything. Exceeds service we've experienced at Michelin-starred restaurants. The food? You will never forget your first bite of the so-called handkerchief pasta (mandilli); it will become the standard by which you judge all future pastas. Porchetta, bass amazing. Cannolli superb. OMG. I'm going back. Oh, I've been back, this was the fourth time.Special Features:
- Spectacular!chris2145Dined on 10/19/2014Every single bite was fabulous - from the beet casserole, to the handkerchief pasta, to the leek fritters, to the focaccina, the list continues. The wait staff AND bus staff were delightful, friendly, helpful with questions and professional. Wouldn't hesitate to recommend to anyone!Special Features:
- martibonDined on 10/17/2014This was our second visit to Factory Kitchen. We had been thinking about it since the first. We made an effort to order dishes other than what we enjoyed the first time and the meal was just as memorable if not more so. The service was great, the staff friendly, the ambience lively-like a big family wedding party. A beautiful meal!Special Features:
- love this place!me22Dined on 10/17/2014I've been here half a dozen times or so since it opened. The food here is consistently fantastic and the service is friendly and efficient. I frequently recommend this restaurant to friends that are looking for something new downtown. It is comparable to Bestia in that both are new-ish italian restaurants run by chefs hailing from long-standing, reputable LA restaurants. But after eating at Bestia 3 or 4 times, I think Factory Kitchen exceeds in both food and service. My only criticism is that the music is too loud. This place is already loud enough and doesn't need questionable 80s music to create ambiance.Special Features:
- Hype> eating experienceCarlyGDined on 10/17/2014Very over-hyped restaurant. Warm-noisy-hip vibe but certainly not great food. Appetizers geeat. Much-lauded pastas medioxre.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic!LLD1Dined on 10/13/2014I was in LA for Market Week and met a girlfriend for dinner. Best choice we could make. The restaurant has a modern, urban vibe, the food is delicious and the service top notch. We would highly recommend for girls night out, a business meeting or date night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best meal we had in LA!!!LorrislootVIPDined on 10/12/2014We had four great dinners while in LA and Factory Kitchen made it to the top of the top. Wonderful original dishes, very flavorful and well presented. Excellent service. Delicious wine. A great meal!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing mealterimDined on 10/12/2014This now ranks as probably our favorite dining experience in recent memory. 4 of us so we were able to share many wonderful dishes. Everything worked, everything perfectly prepared. Pastas that were wonderfully light - in fact the food avoids being overly rich or heavy. This is food that really makes you look forward the next time you can get back. Clientele a good mix of ages. Yes it's loud but we felt comfortable and welcomed. Just amazing.Special Features:
- NoisyLeemccollumDined on 10/12/2014Absolutely impossible to talk to each other. The salad was way overdressed and boring greens and a chunk of mozzarella.homemade noodles or interesting but there's no reason to go backSpecial Features:
- 3rd time and still charminggrubgabberDined on 10/12/2014I have been to the Factory Kitchen 3 times, twice for lunch and once for dinner. First off, the service was spectacular. I joked with the staff that I couldn't get to the bottom of my water glass no matter how fast I drank as they were so attentive. Salads were excellent and all main dishes were spectacular. Portions are great for sharingSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/10/2014first timer. Loved the energy, the friendly service, and the wonderful pasta dishes. can't wait to returnSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a meal!brooklynDined on 10/7/2014This is our second visit to this wonderful restaurant. The food is so delicious that it is difficult to decide on what to eat. We have tried many things on the menu and all was great. The gin martini was the best ever tasted. Calamari salad, prosciutto , pizza, chicken, green beans, potatoes - all A plus. Service was great. Waiter was very pleasant and knowledgeable about the menu.Special Features:
- Great Italian Food Downtown LAManuelaVIPDined on 10/6/2014Trekking downtown for restaurants has become fashionable in LA and The Factory Kitchen is definitely one of the best destinations one can find downtown for amazing Italian food. From the terrific pasta dishes to the main courses like San Pietro fish or porchetta to the perfection of the profiteroles ( the real Italian way WITHOUT ice cream filling!), all the food is outstanding, wonderfully prepared and served. The ambiance is casual and convivial and this has quickly become my favorite destination for food downtown!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Didn't really like the atmosphereOverservedDined on 10/3/2014The wait staff was way too aggressive, hovering over the table and waiting to recycle plates, silverware. Food was very good. But it felt like a very uptight scene — sort of conservative, like for rich people only, and the choice of music was inexplicable — very middle of the road including the Eagles and weird '80s choices. Very auto-oriented and the room is very isolated from the street, with no outdoor seating and there's no street scene. A TV tuned in to sports at the bar — that is so not hip. I've only heard good things about the food and the food was very good, but this place seemed very out of sync with the "artist/hipster" vibe in the Arts District. More like a place you'd go to with your wealthy parents.Special Features:
- Great Downtown AdditionIz79VIPDined on 10/3/2014Another great Italian restaurant in LA. Really like the upscale yet casual atmoshphere, friendly service, and of course great Northern Italian food. Good cocktails, too. Hope to go back soon.Special Features:
- Great Find DowntownSueKDined on 10/1/2014The Factory Kitchen was absolutely wonderful. The Northern Italian menu was different from other Italian restaurants, food was excellent and the staff was friendly and attentive. We have Ahmanson season tickets and we like to try different restaurants downtown each time we go. We will definitely be going back to the Factory Kitchen-one of the best we've found!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentimaynoDined on 9/30/2014Located off Alameda with good parking. The food is amazing with many handmade pastas being freshly made throughout the night. A nice selection of wine. The chef is focused on serving quality simple food that tastes fantastic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- perfect pastaFoodandServiceVIPDined on 9/27/2014From the music selection to the pillow- like pasta, the Factory Kitchen was a perfect evening. Not one miss on the service. It turned or to be much less pretentious than I had anticipated, considering it's one of the hottest new places to dine. We will return and maybe just try the bar area next for a different perspective.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Good MealjjjjDined on 9/27/2014Had a great meal and sampled a good portion of the menu. 4 of us shared 2 firsts, 3 seconds, 2 entrees and had a great sampling. Would go back but will likely continue to try all of the newer high end Italian restaurants in the area first as the city just has too many good options right now.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great find.OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 9/27/2014Great food, excellent service! Our reservation was honored on time, & the staff is very friendly. The handkerchief pasta is a must, as well as the focaccia. Had the soft shell crab which was delicious but a bit salty, as well as the pork belly. The restaurant is very bust & can get quite noisy, but all in all I'd go back!Special Features:
- great food and serviceHnEtravelDined on 9/26/2014Had a great Friday night dinner here. Following the advice of many friends who had been here before, we stuck to appetizers and small plates. The handkerchief pasta is absolutely amazing. Difficult to believe it's pasta that you're eating. Such amazing texture and flavors from a simple looking dish.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A perfect eveningnanizeeDined on 9/25/2014This is the best restaurant in LA, hands down. The food is superb, both beautiful and tasty. It's good, honest, well prepared and reasonably priced. The service, impeccable. The atmosphere is modern and inviting. Matteo Ferdinandi is engaging and warm as he chats with guests and attends to the finer details of the dining experience. Factory Kitchen does everything a good restaurant is supposed to do, except they do it better, and it all works so seamlessly. Also, I want to wrap myself in their handkerchief pasta and eat my way out of it. It's that good.Special Features:
- LA dining at it's bestFastedDined on 9/23/2014The Factory Kitchen is one of our favorite restaurants. We always feel most welcome and the food is excellent. The fun part is it sits in a different part of downtown away from the hustle and bustle but close enough to get to the Disney Concert Hall, Music Center, Staples or where ever you are headed.Special Features:
- Besting BestiaNukeleonDined on 9/21/2014The Factory Kitchen is simply fantastic and compare favorably to Bestia, another Italian gem hidden in a downtown warehouse It is authentic Italian, but through an LA filter, so the prochetta isn't a pork loin roast but trendy pork belly. Even though I think many restaurants overcharge for pasta, I wouldn't pass them up at Factory Kitchen (nor Bestia). The handkerchief pasta with pesto gets all of the publicity, but I loved the tiny tortellini with mortadella. Of the entrees, the quail may be the best deal with the little birds topping greens, potatoes, sausages and figs. Finally,the cannoli may call out to you, but answer to the heavenly cream puffs with their tiramisu like filling and deep chocolate sauce drowning them.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/21/2014Always consistent ... Service is impeccable! Requested a minor change to a sauce which was accommodated without fuss!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrific downtown ItalianOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/20/2014Really enjoyed our dinner with friends. The food was great, particularly the pastas! The wine list is manageably sized with a very good selection of Italian bottles. Excellent service and a noise level that is low enough to have a conversation with your table mates!Special Features:
- Trendy place with good quality foodMmmmDined on 9/19/2014The dishes are well prepared with excellent presentation. They offer dishes that are not usually in typical Italian restaurants such as the handkerchief pasta. Definitely a place for foodies. The restaurant is very trendy and service is excellent!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CheechesDined on 9/18/2014Awesome...my 3rd time dining here. I brought 3 newbies to the restaurant. the only down side was they were out of Ossobuco by 7:30 :-(Special Features:
- Everything was Excellent!Delicious77Dined on 9/17/2014Loved the food, service and ambiance! A great place to buy a bottle of wine, taste the menu and relax. The room was filled with lots of people enjoying their time. I will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- UgggggOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/17/2014Meh....meh....meh - servers don't really care.....food is underwhelming...pasta is very good but others rival airplane food in flavor and temperature.
- awfulOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/17/2014Falls very short of other new Italian restaurants downtownSpecial Features:
- Brilliant food!verypickyVIPDined on 9/17/2014Have been thinking about the handkerchief pasta since I left the restaurant 3 days ago!!!!!! Can't wait to return. Everything was so delicious.Special Features:
- DisappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/14/2014The reviews, had us expecting a great meal -- we got mediocre. The arugula, fennel, orange salad -- was excellent. The fritto misto with garbanzos and baby leeks was okay but lacked something; sauce to accompany it, like a salsa verde would have been nice. The mushroom focaccia was bland, boring, and had little cheese. After a couple of bites we decided it wasn't worth bothering to eat. We considered ordering the one vegetarian pasta on the menu, but after the lackluster focaccia we figured it not worth bothering. We opted instead to have dessert - the fig tart and the profiteroles were quite good. Servers were ineffective yet hovered. They offered to box the mostly uneaten focaccia, yet showed no concern nor questioned why we declined.Special Features:
- Inappropriate attitudefinickyDined on 9/13/2014The food was pretty good, the room was exciting, but what ruined the evening was the manager or sommelier? who was less than courteous when we asked him to pick out a tasting menu for us with a matching wine. He acted as if he was very put-out by our simple and not uncommon request. He got the job done, curt and unsmiling, as if he was mad at us. Not even at a fast food place have I ever been treated that way. If he was having a personal issue, he should not take it out on a table that plunked down $200 for two.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LoveLAdiningsceneDined on 9/13/2014This is my favorite restaurant in Los Angeles, bar none. The food is absolutely outstanding with each dish delicately blending wonderful flavors with a subtle scrumptiousness. The staff couldn't be nicer or more attentive. The ambience is cozy yet spacious. The place is alive and buzzing with excitement and anticipation yet intimate.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- still one of the best in downtownHelenandPattifavVIPDined on 9/11/2014This week we went twice...sometimes you just want consistent ...daily tweaks to the menu keeps you coming back...the wine list is amazing ...and this time the service fell apart at the end...but the rebound was coffee and dessert were removed from the bill...good Move by manager ...will look forward always to the foccacini...a must...hope this place keeps the foodies happy ...only the strong survive...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- gets better every timeHelenandPattifavVIPDined on 9/9/2014Great wine list...pasta offerings are fabulous...order the foccacini...it's beyond great...and go hungry because you will want to try many if the offerings....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Downtown FindPhilip7Dined on 9/7/2014We went on a Sunday evening so it was a little busy but not packed. The space had a great loft like feel to it. The staff was very friendly. But the best part was the food. The starters and entrees were excellent but the desserts were amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/4/2014The service was perfect and the food wonderful - a great experience, to be sure!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/3/2014First time at Factory Kitchen. It was amazing. Food was outstanding as well as the service. Would definitely recommend to friends! Looking forward to going back.Special Features: