The Chop House - Annapolis
1915 Towne Centre Blvd.
Annapolis, MD 21401Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $31 to $50
The Chop House - Annapolis
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://msventures.com/thechophouse_web/pages/chop_annapolis.html
- Phone: 4102244957
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Chef Aaron Musinski
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: We offer three distinct and beautifully decorated private dining rooms to fulfill all your special event needs. Your friends, family, clientele, or associates will be amazed by our unparalleled menus, as well as, our award winning wine list and our knowledgeable and accommodating staff.
- Private Party Contact: Eric Ejarque 4102244357
A word from The Chop House - Annapolis
Prepare to be pampered. The Chop House serves USDA Prime Beef, of all the beef produced in the US, less than 2% is certified as USDA Prime & it is our specialty. Generous portions of the finest Midwestern grain fed meats, Fresh Fish & Classic American Chop House side dishes are all part of the menu. Our carefully selected wine list features opportunities to explore rare wines along with classic favorites from around the world. Signature martinis & a separate bar menu are sure to delight. Join us for Happy Hour daily for 5:00-7:00pm $5 Martinis,& $6 Wines by the Glass. We also have an extensive selection of Mini plates to choose from. The Chop House’s has a handsome sophisticated style featuring beautifully hand crafted mahogany, custom tiered chandeliers, granite floors, tufted leather booths & a magnificent dessert stage. Personalized private rooms for up to 8 guests & private dining areas for larger parties will tailor the dining experience to meet every need.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
The Chop House - Annapolis - Best Restaurants in Annapolis ›
The Chop House - Annapolis reviews from OpenTable diners
128 reviews since July 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (113)romantic (84)fit for foodies (43)notable wine list (41)good for groups (28)neighborhood gem (19)hot spot (11)vibrant bar scene (11)late-night find (8)scenic view (4)kid-friendly (4)great for outdoor dining (3)great for brunch (2)great for lunch (2)Show More
- Amazing!!SHillDined on 10/28/2014The food was great and our server, Phillip, was amazing! Go on your birthday to get 50% off your bill (you'll need it...lol).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Seafood..OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/26/2014I love the relaxed feel of this place... will return to try more dishes. The scallops were delicious. Service was well-timed and friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special occasionannapolisfoodieDined on 10/23/2014We have been to the Happy Hour many times and that is an outstanding deal and great food. For my wife's birthday we thought we would try the restaurant. Food was above average, kale salad was exceptional, but the rest of the meal was while good - pretty expensive for what you receive. Portion sizes were enough that we had a second meal the next evening - so that was good. We went on her birthday and received a large discount, so that was awesome.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It never dissapointsMy2centsDined on 10/21/2014We love going to this restaurant. My kids love going to this restaurant. Food and and service never disappoint and you never feel rushed. We like it very much. The happy hour at the bar is a great for a more casual outing ;-)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 50th CelebrationGr8champagneDined on 10/20/2014The Chop House delivered superior service with knowledge of the food, wine and the business of making guest feel special. Once again the bone-in strip was cooked to perfection as pictured in the menu tablet (med rare), as was the filet.Special Features:
- Wonderful ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014We had such a nice experience at Chop House-Annapolis. They even catered to our 4 year old. It was our sons 15th birthday. He felt special and important with the attention they gave him. Such a wonderful and warm atmosphere. We will definitely be visiting there again!Special Features:
- Lovely but PriceyDinerDined on 10/17/2014Great steaks: filet mignon for me, ribeye for husband. Pan-seared scallops as appetizer were too salty. Huge house salad. The menu is primarily a la carte, so the steaks do not come with any side items. This leads to a pricey meal. Our waitress, Nikki, was wonderful.Special Features:
- BirthdayAnthony15Dined on 10/16/2014Fantastic meal and great service...this is a wonderful place to have a very nice meal on special occasions. My wife loved it...looking forward to coming back again soon.Special Features:
- A wonderful experienceWelovefoodDined on 10/12/2014The Chop House was truly a dining experience. The evening we dined was very busy but our server was very attentive and she answered our questions patiently and knowledgeably. Eric the general manger helped serve our dinners which demonstrates he is a hands on manager. Our steaks, New York strip and Filet Mignon, were hot when served and done to perfection. Each course was served in a timely manner. I would recommend Chop House!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Horrible ExperienceTravelerDined on 10/10/2014Food took over an hour to arrive and only after we asked where it was three times. When the food finally arrived the filets were completly undercooked. We ordered med well they were RARE... The sides were either undercooked or cold. The manger apologized and picked up the bill but based on our experience I would never recommend this location. I have dined at other Chop House locations which were fabulous but this location was a complete disappointment. Two people in the party had never been to a Chop House so it was very embarrassing as I had set high expectations based on my previous meals at other locations.
- MKLadyDined on 10/9/2014We always receive professional service at the Chop House. I highly recommend to family & friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent but expectedLulusbackDined on 10/3/2014The ambiance was very Art Deco but still modern. The menu was an iPad- with pictures of each item- very fun. The menu was what you'd expect for a high end ala carte steakhouse. The price point is high. The service was more rehearsed than efficient, empty glasses, long times between check backs and while there were some nicely managed service elements it wasn't what I expected.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday celebrationLuv2eatDined on 10/1/2014My daughter took me to the Chop House - Annapolis for my birthday and we had an amazing time. Food was great, will recommend sharing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A little offdlittlejohnDined on 9/27/2014The service was off because our server was busy with a huge group of demanding people. It was a long time between each course. My steak was barely warm and it was painful waiting for the check. The restaurant was not all that busy maybe she should have asked for or been given help. This is not the norm for the Chop House in my experience, just an off night.Special Features:
- The Chop House is FABULOUS!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/26/2014I took my boyfriend to The Chop House Restaurant, at the Annapolis Towne Center, to celebrate his birthday. Perfect choice! I specified where I preferred we sat on the online reservation (a quiet area of the restaurant). They offer spectacular discounts/specials on the exact day of a patron's birthday (bring state issued ID for proof of birthday) when they dine there. Staff was very friendly and they accommodated my seating preference. Our waiter, TRAVIS, cheerfully greeted us & was an excellent waiter. The Chop House definitely has excellent customer service in addition to wonderful steaks & food. My boyfriend was extremely pleased with everything! Two managers asked about our experience & wished my boyfriend a Happy Birthday-great.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/24/2014Went for the birthday special which is great. Place is so overpriced. They don't carry a steak under $40 and that is ala carte. Server was very sweet but felt like she was pushing us to order more drinks, more food, etc. as it was we couldn't eat everything we ordered. Not sure we would return.Special Features:
- Wonderful!dnicole87Dined on 9/23/2014Restaurant is great, very fancy. We went for my husband's birthday dinner because you get half off the food bill if it's your birthday. Let me tell you, it is expensive, so be prepared to spend $50 on just a steak alone. However, the food was amazing! I got the Cowboy Steak, very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Impress your ladyOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 9/23/2014The Chop House is on par with The Prime Rib (Baltimore location) and offers a very nice variety of steaks and seafood. The best thing is the $$$ you'll save if you go on your birth date as you get a 50% discount for a party of two, excluding drinks. Very attentive and respectful staff, quiet and distinctive atmosphere and easy to get to location.Special Features:
- Average - not worth the costNYCriticDined on 9/20/2014Tablet based menu was gimmicky requiring more time and effort than a traditional menu. The wine list, despite having sort functions, was a mess - alphabetical order, with everything mixed? This concept really needs to be re-thought. All soups and sauces in our party of 9 were overly salty. Meats and seafood were well-prepared. Sides (accompaniments) were average and lacked flavor. Service was not professional or commensurate with the cost. Our waiter was just not ready to handle a table by himself... Overall, the experience was disappointing given the high cost. There are far better options available in Annapolis for about the same price. Go to Lewnes instead for better food, service and atmosphere for about the same price.
- Birthday DinnerBarginGirlDined on 9/12/2014We enjoyed a pleasant birthday dinner. The best part was having our dinner there on my husband's actual birthday. They comped his meal. Quite a nice surprise.Special Features:
- Nice place for birthday celebrationave2014Dined on 9/11/2014This restaurant has not only great food and a nice wine list, they also have a great policy of providing a huge (35%) discount on the occasion of your birthday. You should have your birthday exactly on the day of your dining. We have been already twice in this place celebrating our birthdays and each time had a great time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place to celebrate a birthdayVinimDined on 9/8/2014Took my wife there for her birthday. Ambiance was classy. Despite her being a vegetarian, there were plenty of choices on the menu. They can customize any of the entrees the way you like it. Large portions...Awesome service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good food and nice serviceannapdinerDined on 9/7/2014Excellent food, only a few issues that should be improved with food would be improved espresso and making sure to serve the desserts at the proper temperature. One dessert seemed to have been served directly from freezer and was not the mouse consistency (was much better after letting it sit for a while).Special Features:
- BgrenkeDined on 9/6/2014Service was outstanding and the food was fabulous. Best place to go for any special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Depend on itLCEJDined on 9/5/2014One place I can take guests and never be disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent FoodCheryl888Dined on 9/3/2014Perfect setting to celebrate a special occasion. Especially when it's your birthday because you get 50% off your bill! My husband and I came here to celebrate my birthday and we both enjoyed everything we ordered. The French Onion soup was a great starter and we both had Chophouse steaks. Those along with the sides were excellent.Special Features:
- Excellent RestaurantrwelshDined on 8/31/2014Excellent restaurant for highest quality food. Quiet atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not-so Hidden GemCowgirlFoodieVIPDined on 8/30/2014An amazing find, completely by accident we stumbled upon this place after receiving terrible service at another restaurant and walking out. We sat at the bar and mingled with some locals, had great conversation with the bartender and have now added this to our list to return to when back in town. The Chophouse turned our night around, thank you!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Essence of Crab Dining!VinnieDined on 8/27/2014We looked forward all week to steamed crabs on the deck, our first time in St. Michaels. Had steamed mussels, tender and not overcooked as many places do, Cherrystone clams (also excellent), then the steamed crabs. A couple of the crabs - especially the claws - were a little dry from having been steamed and then sitting too long - but most were just right. You can't beat the atmosphere, watching the boats go in and out, enjoying the breeze and really feeling part of the Eastern Shore vibe. Lots of locals at the restaurant, which tells you it must be consistently good. Great server, who seemed to have a sixth sense when she was needed and was a lot of fun. Many locally brewed or craft beers - we tried four different ones, all terrific.Special Features:
- FabulousdonnaDined on 8/27/2014This is a wonderful place for dinner for ANY reason. Food is the best. Huge portions. Everyone in your party will be satisfied and impressed with the quality, friendliness and helpfulness of the service and the quality of the food.Special Features:
- Fine Dining at it's bestSweetTDined on 8/25/2014My husband and I visited for our anniversary. We were very impressed with the service and the food. Ample portion sizes and great ambiance.Special Features:
- Birthday Dinner for husbandsugarmamaDined on 8/24/2014I made this reservation on my husband's birthday. I had heard that they have a birthday special in which 50% is taken off your food bill. We arrived at the restaurant in time to take advantage of the happy hour prices for drinks. Our entire experience was fantastic! The service was outstanding and the food was delicious. My husband ordered the Porterhouse, which was cooked to perfection. I ordered the Mushroom stuffed chicken and it great as well. The sides were large enough that we both could share. Our server, Travis, was very attentive. My husband and I will be dining at the Chop House again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Top Quality Restaurant!!SocialButterflyDined on 8/24/2014We took our friend there for a belated Birthday celebration. Our party was treated like royalty. We were escorted to the bar and there we met "Don" who was absolutley amazing! Since this my friends 1st time there he told us what was good and he was right on point. The meal was great and we had the alcove seating which was private. You will not be disappointed by the quality of the food, the way it iwas presented, and the excellent service. The menu is a little on the expensive side but the food is and service is well worth the price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't BotherhighstandardsdinerDined on 8/24/2014We went to the Chop House to celebrate an occasion. The atmosphere is very cold. Nothing warm/ romantic about the place. The wait staff was also not friendly. The food was mediocre and very over priced. The wrong drink was brought to our table. The beef wellington had stringy beef and was not medium rare but rare.
- Great food, service but expensivejt123VIPDined on 8/23/2014Great food, service, location but it has become very expensive. Meal for 4 with one moderate bottle wine, 2 sharing an entrée and only 1 desert was $300Special Features:
- Excellent RestaurantDannyDined on 8/23/2014Great food and great service..what more can you ask for.Special Features:
- JLS0304Dined on 8/23/2014Went there for the first time for my boyfriends birthday and the food was amazing. Service was great.Special Features:
- Fantastic Birthday!mathwizDined on 8/23/2014We thoroughly enjoyed our dinner celebrating my wife's birthday - the service and food was fantastic! We both had the aged dry ribeye steak - it could not have been more delicious, and it was so tender!Special Features:
- I'll have a signature Manhattanskeletor6519Dined on 8/22/2014'Nuff said. And the lobster bisque with sherry and a dry aged rib eye. Make that two Manhattans!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food @ The Chop HouseTMBEDined on 8/21/2014This was my friend and mines first time at The Chop House. I took him there for his birthday which I was glad that it was his birthday because they give you half off of your food. This restaurant is a little too expensive for me though. The meats alone were high then you have to pay for your sides seperate (a la carte). The food was great and the drinks were nice and strong also my waitress was awesome but like i said it was a little pricey. I should have known this place was expensive from the tablet menus, which was real helpful. Overall it was a wonderful experience and I would go back again for someone else birthday so it can be half off again.Special Features: