The Chef's Table
6843 Lonetree Blvd
Rocklin, CA 95765Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
The Chef's Table
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.thechefstablerocklin.com/
- Phone: (916) 771-5656
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: T-F 11:30am-2:30pm
Dinner: T-Sa 5:30pm-10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Wine Bar, Contemporary American
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Wine
- Catering: Events small and large, built to suit each client. Your event is unique, and so will your menu.
A word from The Chef's Table
The Chef's Table prides itself in contributing to the Farm to Fork movement, sourcing local produce, meats and seafood to provide our guest with the freshest experience available. Our ever-changing menu, and local grass roots approach gives our community a chance to visit us often without getting tired of the faire. Stop by and give us a try... Our kitchen is your kitchen! Large parties of 6 or more people will be required to contact the restaurant to make a reservation.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
The Chef's Table - Best Restaurants in Rocklin ›
The Chef's Table reviews from OpenTable diners
102 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelEnergetic
fit for foodies (86)neighborhood gem (79)special occasion (36)great for lunch (29)hot spot (23)notable wine list (22)romantic (17)vibrant bar scene (12)late-night find (10)good for groups (7)kid-friendly (5)great for brunch (2)Show More
- WowOldieButGoodieDined on 11/20/2014Not only is the food outstanding the service is wonderful. When you leave TCT you not only have a full stomach but you have a smile on your face as they all make you feel right at home.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rep Well DeservedMarkRDined on 11/19/2014Having discovered Chef's Table, we always look forward to returning. The food is always excellent and the service is personable and outstanding. No mystery why reservations are sometimes difficult to get. I am a bit reluctant to give Chef's Table a glowing recommendation as it means I need to compete for access, but they deserve the kudos.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just ask questionsLono666Dined on 11/4/2014This was our first time here, eventhough we live less than a mile away. We had heard great things about it and now we are sorry we did not go a long time ago. If you are planning on going during prime dinner hours get reservations. This place is tiny and popular with those in the know. While the place is casual, the food is skillfully done, well prepared, and a little eclectic. Micro-brew selection was good. Staff was awesome, and made several great recommendations. If you are on a diet don't try the Bacon brownies, otherwise you have no excuse not too.......seriously.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First Time Viit was a Winner!suncityretureeDined on 11/4/2014Our evening was a 10 from beginning to end. Quality of food excellent, service and welcome friendly, efficient and paced beautifully. Wine list impressive and food prices reasonable and appropriate. Owner interacted with us numerous times and was very gracious. Will definitely return.Special Features:
- great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/4/2014Excellent food preparation and presentation. Very noisySpecial Features:
- Excellent!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/1/2014I had heard quite a few good reviews about the Chef's Table and all proved TRUE! My husband teaches culinary arts so we are pretty picky. We started with the cheese board appetizer which was wonderful. We split a salad and then had the salmon and steak for our entrees. All the plates were beautifully compiled and the flavors were outstanding. This restaurant is innovative and always changing their menu selections so the food is fresh and seasonal. The wait staff was super friendly and made our dining experience one to remember. We will definitely be returning!Special Features:
- best place in townmanoDined on 10/31/2014everyone I've introduced this place to is crazy about their food, service and ambiance. You guys are amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not what I expected!shc29Dined on 10/29/2014No it was not what I expected but well worth it. This is a small restaurant with a huge following. Took a friend for her birthday - able to get a seat at the bar last minute. That doesn't always happen however so make reservations - weekends at least a week in advance! The food is incredible - we shared the cheese board and salmon but watched as fried chicken, hamburgers and many other delicious looking meals were plated. The atmosphere is very laid back - servers in jeans and t-shirts. Since we sat at the bar the owner spent time chatting with us - recommending a great wine, food and letting us know what the restaurant is all about. Cannot wait to go back!Special Features:
- Great lunch spot!AppsreviewDined on 10/29/2014We decided at the last minute to go to lunch. I got on Open Table and made a reservation at Chef's Table an hour before we wanted to have lunch. I know the restaurant is small so I wasn't sure if a table would be available at this late date. Anyway, we got there and they had a small table ready for us. The service was great and the food outstanding! Chef's Table is one of our favorite places to eat! Everyone should try it!Special Features:
- You've got to give it a try!bobeenaDined on 10/25/2014The Chef's table is a great, little restaurant with an ever changing menu. The place is casual but with fine dining food. Staff is very friendly and usually knows the customers by name.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great PlaceLohnairDined on 10/23/2014Came in for our second visit to celebrate a minor thing, and there was definitely no letdown from our previous visit. Staff was entertaining and very accommodating when the table we had reserved was not vacated by the previous diners for some time. The seasonal and rotating menu was different from our first visit, but equally amazing. The beer-battered pesto fries are a must, and a half order is plenty for 2-3 people. Great beverage selection at good prices, awesome entrees, and I honestly don't think I've ever had a better dessert than the pumpkin croissant bread pudding.Special Features:
- Wonderful Anniversary DinnerLove4jonDined on 10/18/2014My wife and I enjoyed an incredible dinner. The server was attentive and knowledgable. And of course the food was outstanding. We enjoyed the Steak Frites, risotto with prawns and pimento cheese burger. We recommend all 3! We have eaten at TCT several times, this was the best.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best in RocklinChrisNSophiaDined on 10/17/2014we've been going to chefs table for 2 years now and have never been disappointed. So glad to have this great restaurant in rocklin.Special Features:
- Neighborhood Gem For Sure!JackPatzMomDined on 10/17/2014Hubby and I went here for lunch the other day. I'd been before with a friend, but he'd never been here. Food is delicious, hand-crafted from local sources, as much as possible. Wait staff was friendly and helpful. The owner stopped by and chatted with us two or three times. Overall, the food was excellent and prices moderate. The Beer Battered Pesto French Fries with Swiss Cheese: to die for!!! Highly recommend! We'll be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FindDanielCDined on 10/16/2014If you are looking for great food, reasonably priced, and delectably prepared this is it. although it is located in a strip mall don't let it's simple surroundings fool you. This place has a varied menu leaning California cuisine and the open air kitchen with friendly chefs makes you feel right at home.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best place in townOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/14/2014I am a huge fan of The Chef's Table for various reasons. On this particular night, I had two friends from out of town visiting so naturally, Chef's Table came to mind for dinner. They loved it and as usual, I did too. Thank you for always making the reservation process so simple and quick, but most importantly, I love how you've always stayed true to the high quality of the food and a great customer experience. Always feels like I'm going to a friend's house for dinner, rather than a public restaurant. Thank youSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Midtown Style Restaurant in RocklinjeckleinVIPDined on 10/14/2014Excellent find! I wasn't to sure when pulling into the generic strip mall center located in suburban Rocklin. But behind the curtains the cover the windows was a very cool and comfortable scene. The staff was attentive. We were seated promptly. YES, this place is small, but that's the cool thing about it! You can engage with others if you choose or just enjoy the food which as awesome. I had the Southern fried chicken and she had the filet mignon. The chicken was the bomb. I am not a fried chicken person but this, I would order again. Wonderful lively neighborhood feel with friendly and attentive staff. We live in Roseville but often choose to go to midtown for a great dining experience. Now we have another option!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, great vibe, great timeOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/11/2014This was our second visit to Chef's Table, reaffirming what we liked during our first visit and taking it to a higher level. If you've never been, be advised that this is not a quiet, romantic little bistro. It is a lively, bustling place full of couples, groups, friends obviously enjoying the food and themselves. Menu is creative and changes often. Had an ahi appetizer that was so fresh and delicious, and also loved the potato poppers. Entrees of pan-seared salmon and braised pork cheeks had us nearly licking the plates clean. Friendly service with plenty of details about the food if you ask. Sitting at the counter allows you to watch the chef in action and engage in the energy of the place.Special Features:
- Great except for...IllbebackDined on 10/11/2014Do not want to give the wrong impression. This restaurant was excellent. The food was awesome, the service was great. However, I just would not recommend to a couple celebrating anything romantic. If your looking for a great meal and want to spend time with family and friends, then by all means, get a reservation here. Just too small and compact to be a romantic spot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't judge a book by it's cover...pamelaVIPDined on 10/7/2014Dining at a business in a strip-mall-ish location makes me highly suspicious of it's quality. Not so at The Chef's Table...limited casual banquette seating, open kitchen bar counter, nice staff. And did I mention the food? You won't be dissappointed!Special Features:
- Great Local PlaceDtostDined on 10/4/2014This is a great place for those who are tired of the boxed chain restaurants in Roseville. Will definitely go back.Special Features:
- First time excellencenotimpressedDined on 10/4/2014Since we don't eat out often, we're always looking for recommendations. This one paid off tremendously. Small, crowded, and very noisy, we were dubious at first, but our table was comfortable and surprisingly conversation was easy. Then we got to eating. Everything we had was fabulous. The squash seemed a little out of place in the risotto, but delicious nonetheless. We don't usually get desert, but everything was so good we had to give it a try, and we're glad we did. This one is a keeper.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tight squeezebj916Dined on 10/4/2014This place is very small, so therefore quite loud. The food was good but portions are very small. My husband had the Halibut and the piece was about 2 " wide and about 4-5 inches long. There was a wine sauce of some sort, it was good and a few strips of broccoli, that was $26. The bacon brownie was not to my husbands liking, it was weird, and we like bacon & chocolate! The pumpkin bread pudding was good. I had the tacos. They were good, not great. The duck spring rolls were good. I wouldn't go back for dinner.Special Features:
- Hole-in-the-wall spot worthvisitingHappyCustomerDined on 10/1/2014This restaurant is a gem with excellent food, good service, and unique charm. Take the time to hunt for the location. You'll be happy you did!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It's just okayItsjustokayDined on 9/27/2014The appetizers were great, but several items on the menu were not available, enters and desserts a Ike. Very cramped, the restaurant maybe can hold 50 people max, it's is very noisy with the open kitchen not 10 feet from the diners. The fried chicken was excellent but unless you like white gravy with lots of bacon grease and bacon bits, ask for it not to be placed all over the chicken, it's old school southern style stick to your ribs food, don't eat too late or you'll end up with indigestion. I would go back for appetizers, and to see how the other items are, but I'd hesitate because of the cramped space, I preference not to have a conversation with my date, and not strangers, personal choice.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Fine DiningMikeADined on 9/26/2014The food is amazing as always. Service was even better this time than last. If I could I go here once a week! It's out of this WORLD!!!!Special Features:
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/25/2014After reading many great reviews of this neighborhood "gem," we finally made it to TCT. So disappointed. Very small, and with a group of six at our table, it was so loud that it was hard to hear from one side of the group to the other. We were crowded up very near the bar, so that people had to squeeze behind our seats to get by. Service was good, and the owner came by and greeted us, which is always a nice touch. However, the portions are very small (there will be no splitting of entrees at this venue). You need to know that ahead of time, and then can order multiple courses to complete your meal, but then it's so pricey! The food just wasn't very good; even the pesto fries, which were tasty but overly "pesto'ed"and soggy. Once and done.
- Best meal I've eaten in a whileTysonDined on 9/24/2014Fresh, flavorful, delicious food. Friendly staff. Enjoy watching them cook if you sit at the bar. I can't wait to go back. Best food I've found in town so far. Make reservations though, because they have a small dining room so it fills up fast.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor ServiceLouieDined on 9/23/2014The food was amazing, but the service was poor. We had to wave at our waiter at several different times to get our order, water, and to ask any questions. We have been to the Chef's Table 4 times, and this was the worst service ever. This experience took away from really enjoying the food....and we brought friends who had never eaten at the restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delish!!!KellBellDined on 9/19/2014I have been here a handful of times and EVERY time I am amazed by the texture, taste and smell of the food! I love sitting at the bar and watching them prepare the food. It's a real treat! I LOVE this place!!!Special Features:
- Foodie ParadiseMrsNelsonDined on 9/19/2014We've been several times now and always love the food! We started with a wonderful Caesar salad. The fried chicken is amazing (and a staple on the ever changing menu) but this time I chose a pan seared halibut with watermelon gazpacho and an avocado mousse with lime wedges. The flavors were amazing and different. My gluten free counterpart chose a risotto with shrimp that she loved. It was very loud but it was Friday night. Overall very good meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Getting it Right...ttdvmDined on 9/17/2014The food delicious and fun with a blend of different tastes/smells/textures most may never have thought to try. The owners walk around and give it that "dinner with 40 friends" feel. I wish there were more, but so happy to have just the one. Perfect! Remember to reserve a place, as the line will grow when word gets out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceJtwhaleDined on 9/12/2014My wife had made reservations for our 22yr anniversary, we had a nice table all to ourselves . The staff was awesome as well as the food. We will definitely eat here again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- favorite1Dined on 9/11/2014We enjoyed the menu, the food, the service and the neighborhood feel of the Chef's Table We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food againRsvlfudieDined on 9/10/2014I've been here three times now and every time the food had been excellent. The micro brew beers are also delicious, especially if you're an IPA fan.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Foodie and Food Allergie FriendlyorganicloveDined on 9/10/2014I love the chef here. I have eaten here 3 times now (all for lunch) and all three times the chef has been more than happy to accommodate my food allergies. In fact the first time I ate lunch here I just asked the waiter to omit dairy and gluten from a sandwich because I was craving meat but their wasn't really a good option for me to pick. The waiter created an idea for a salad that combined the sandwich choice and a salad on their menu and asked the chef if it was doable. The chef said no problem and the fruits of their concoction resulted in the best salad I have ever eaten. I love that their menu changes weekly and that they have fresh, good quality, local food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great little spot!YarnyVIPDined on 9/5/2014We came up to see a show at Thunder Valley Casino and found this place on Open Table. It is very small, in a strip mall and not the type of place I would have gone without reading other reviews. That is why I am posting mine. The food was so delicious! The french fries, as others have mentioned, were ridiculous. The waiter was kind enough to give us a half order and we couldn't even finish that. The portions are big and the quality very high. I could see the chef hand making the burger patties! My only complaint is that I don't live closer because I would come here all the time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant ReviewJackie1960Dined on 9/3/2014Service was excellent and friendly, food was great and was a lot of fun watching the cook prepare food.Special Features:
- 3rd time hereOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 9/3/2014It was outstanding as always. The service was great, food is unique and perfectly cooked and there's really nothing to not like about it unless you forgot to make a reservation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Date nightMixkimcheeDined on 8/29/2014Our first visit to The Chef's Table was overall an enjoyable experience. A little slow on the water service and check in process. The food is rich in flavor and it appears to have a nice atmosphere. The portions are a little small for the cost per plate. It is a little small especially if a customer needs to come through with a wheel chair (ADA accessible) .Special Features: