The Chase Fish & Oyster
10 Temperance St.
Toronto, ON M5H 1Y5Neighborhood:
Downtown/ Financial District
SeafoodPrice: CAN$31 to CAN$50
The Chase Fish & Oyster
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.thechasetoronto.com/
- Phone: 6473487000
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 5:00pm
Dinner: Monday - Wednesday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Thursday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 1:00am, Sunday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood
- Executive Chef: Michael Steh
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Farm to Table, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: The Chase hospitality group is thrilled to offer our guests a unique and effortless event planning experience. Let our team of professionals put your mind at ease during your next event, from menu and wine selections to valet parking, we will take care of every detail. The Chase Fish and Oyster is the perfect venue to host birthdays, business meetings, product launches, exclusive dinners, and intimate celebrations.
- Private Party Contact: Courtney Baumgartner 4163019309x
A word from The Chase Fish & Oyster
The Chase Fish and Oyster represents our pursuit for the finest quality seafood with a strong focus and philosophy on sustainability and seasonal ingredients. Our culinary culture is formed by the great Eastern Maritime regions of Canada and the United States with influences from various coastal regions around the globe. Driven by creative presentations, our innovative menu of Hot and Cold dishes will always highlight the natural tastes of seafood. The room is casual and warm and the service is detailed but humbled, our focus is to offer an oceanic escape with every experience.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSeafood
The Chase Fish & Oyster - Best Restaurants in Downtown/ Financial District ›
The Chase Fish & Oyster reviews from OpenTable diners
105 reviews since May 4, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (59)special occasion (55)good for groups (33)hot spot (33)romantic (28)great for outdoor dining (19)great for lunch (19)vibrant bar scene (18)neighborhood gem (18)notable wine list (16)late-night find (10)scenic view (7)great for brunch (3)kid-friendly (2)Show More
- Excellent food and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/24/2014We had dinner here with clients and the service was outstanding. The menu was unusual so we asked for assistance and were not disappointed. We chose several dishes to share which gave us the opportunity to sample dishes we may not otherwise have chosen. They were all delicious. I would certainly recommend this restaurant for a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Go, now!HumanManDined on 8/15/2014Fantastic spot. The food was excellent, but it's the service that was bar none! When you have the right service it really makes an evening. Despite having the best fried chicken I've ever had, I still can't get over how awesome the service was...and I'm a foodie! Very well priced, we will be going again but likely with a group so that we can be the people who introduced our friends to their favorite new place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely EveningOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/15/2014Excellent oysters, good service and good main and OK noise levels made conversation was possibleSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An excellent lunchWindsweptDined on 8/12/2014The oysters as always were delicious. I had mussels that were perfect. As always, service was impeccable.Special Features:
- ExcellentshabsDined on 8/9/2014Overall, excellent food, service and a great place for a date/occasion or even if you're just wanting excellent seafood.Special Features:
- RomeoDined on 7/31/2014A few items were too salty...otherwise great food and drinksSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great date night!love2eatDined on 7/25/2014Went here for date night recently and had a fabulous time. The staff were incredible, they could not do enough for you! I don't think I've had such amazing service. Will definitely go back.Special Features:
- very good seafood - crazy pricesTODinerVIPDined on 7/17/2014Having been to The Chase and found it to be bloated, pretentious and not very good, I was eager to try out its more casual, raw bar-like little sister, The Chase Fish and Oyster. The PEI oysters were amazingly good and the shrimp and avocado roll and the lobster roll were excellent. The problem is the price. Lunch for two, with two glasses of wine, came to $150, tax and tip included. That is just silly. So, as good as it was, I will not go back and will not suggest it to anyone but the wealthiest of my circle. Too bad. Service was friendly and attentive as well.Special Features:
- Anniversary dinnerEasyDinerDined on 7/12/2014Great appetizers that we translated into a meal, with a great recommendation on wine. Key lime cake was exceptional. Service was attentive, informative and with a smile. Couldn't ask for more.Special Features:
- TerrificRosieDined on 7/11/2014The Chase is a terrific restaurant. Delicious food and the service is very attentive and friendly. We had a great experience!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/11/2014Food was Okay, nothing exceptional based on other restaurants we've been to in the city. However, the service was horrible for the type of restaurant and price point. Our waiter was definitely not customer focused and annoyed anytime we asked him a question or for any type of service. Not acceptable and quite frankly shouldn't be a waiter at a nice restaurant. Maybe acceptable for fast food place. Overall, very disappointed given the reviews and ratings I had read. Maybe we'll try it again and our waiter will be much more pleasant.
- PretentiousOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/11/2014Pretentious. Prices not displayed on menu, which is disrespectful to the client. Too many different servers per table
- Great for a buzzy get togetherSheilaghDined on 7/10/2014Wonderful lively spot with food far better than you'd expect. We had a great meal with fantastic service. The music is on the loud side for intimate conversation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/9/2014Very happy with the service and quality of food. I will be backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- chase is getting better again..Rapman58VIPDined on 7/8/2014when it opened it was amazing, then it went through a lull, but now its back, all was prepared well and presented beautifully by excellent staff. highly recommend the big eye tuna nachos app - not what you'd think.Special Features:
- great restaurantNicoleMtlDined on 7/3/2014We went to the Chase and Fish during our stay in Toronto. The good and service was excellent, i tried the octopus and it was perfectly cooked and delicious. A bit pricey but worth it, will definitely go back the next time i'm in townSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NolaJSWDined on 6/24/2014Outstanding food and outstanding service. Yonge platter from the raw bar was great. Love the scallops.Special Features:
- Excellent food, wine & staffMaryBeeve1Dined on 6/24/2014Our food came quickly, was very flavourful and beautifully presented. Wine was also excellent with some very reasonably priced selections available. Would definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ZCathyDined on 6/23/2014Food was excellent although one of our guests had to send his fish back - overcooked. The place is very noisy but energetic! Service was impeccable!Special Features:
- ExcellentHowieDined on 6/21/2014Great night out. If you enjoy seafood this is the spot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food & I keep returningOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 6/21/2014Another great evening at The Chase Fish & Oyster. This is the main floor, less expensive version of the sister restaurant on the 5th Floor. The service is as good as upstairs. The staff are knowledgeable and friendly. The sommelier, Heather, is wonderful and has fantastic recommendations. The food was as good as ever... the avocado shrimp roll was amazing and was the albacore tuna. The Big Eye Tuna Nachos is really good. The chowder is not you usual chowder so make sure you know what you are getting. The Halibut is fantastic, the Artic Char with roasted cauliflower is excellent as it the Shrimp Gnocchi. The strawberry cheesecake sundae is full of flavor and texture.Special Features:
- Great spot!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/18/2014Had been wanting to check out The Chase for a while and it did not dissapoint! The food, the service and the ambiance were all fantastic! Try the oyster po'boy sliders and the tuna nachos!Special Features:
- Oysters were good. Food, O.K.TurbojaycVIPDined on 6/15/2014Oyster selection, presentation and accompaniments were good. However, for a Fish restaurant they should learn how to cook fish. Fish was overcooked, but sides were done nice. I was charged full pop ($27) for gnocchi for a 2 year old. It's normally done with shrimp in a sauce and I asked for plain gnocchi, half portion with just butter and parm. Should not have been charge the full amount. Probably won't go back, as there are many other places to go just for Oysters.
- exceeded expectationsstineyDined on 6/9/2014The ahi tuna was amazing, as well as the oysters. The waitress' suggestion was so good - PEI's Colville Bay I think. We had the Yonge platter which came with the tuna, oysters, clams, and shrimp - everything was fresh and presentation was great. We ordered mainly seafood but also had a chance to try the ribeye - soft and tender and came with a nice egg on top and the salad was just delicious. Pretty pricey but I would definitely come back for special occasions! I highly recommended this place to all my friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Probably won't returnOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/3/2014The food was quite good, but for the price wasn't plentiful. We ordered the Bay seafood platter for $110, and it didn't really knock or socks off. Our server was mostly absent and snarky when present, plus the music approached dance club volumes, so on the balance the experience was not worth what we paid.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TJMUDined on 5/24/2014The main course tasted great but was not hot enough when it arrived at the table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lovely but overpricedanonymousVIPDined on 5/22/2014Beautiful space but the noise level was almost unbearable. The menu is creative but just short of delivers. Service was a little lacking and a bit tense. We had to ask several times for some things.Special Features:
- Those crab legs!!NatashaDined on 5/17/2014This was a fantastic dining experience, especially due to our fantastic serving staff. Every detail was attended to. The food was wonderful, but the crab legs were something else! I'm going back for more soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FantasticFoodEDined on 5/12/2014You may think you've seen it before, but never like this. The presentation, the taste, the service, all superb. Worth the price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service, ambience, foodsarashelDined on 5/11/2014The Chase was a great place for a special occasion daytime meal. It is upscale but not pretentious, and the room while monied is extremely comfortable. The food was reliable though did cater to those with less adventurous palettes. We tried a number of dishes and all were of excellent quality, thought we sometimes wished for some more imagination/creativity. The service was fantastic! Our server, Dylan, made our meal with his was gracious, informative, flexible service delivered with humour and professionalism. Highly recommended if you want a sure bet and are willing to spend a little more for high quality - if not "new"- product.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Absolutely delicious& innovativeFoodLoverVIPDined on 5/10/2014The menu changes quite frequently and each time we have loved our choices. But last time was truly spectacular! The prices are a little high but it wouldn't stop us. A little noisy though!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 105 reviews are from the The Chase Fish & Oyster reviews archive.
- Great Sea Food BarChewbaccasGhostDined on 4/28/2014The Chase Fish and Oyster had great food and excellent service. My only issue was a misunderstanding on my part - "The Chase" is a restaurant on the 5th floor of 10 Temperance, while "The Chase Fish and Oyster" is more of an appetizer/wine bar on the 1st floor of 10 Temperance. So, less of a restaurant atmosphere and more of a wine bar feeling. Even still, great selection of wines and the floor is top notch (if a little on the pricey side). Definitely planning on going back (and maybe even trying out the "The Chase" restaurant, too!).Special Features:
- Great!EatNDrinkDined on 4/24/2014This was the first time coming to this resturant... I thought i brought my friend from out of town here for some fancy dinner.. The food was very tasty, delicious especially the oysters... Yum!! the ambiance was modern. . Very poshy kind of people dining.. but the service was great friendly and welcoming... A bit in the pricer side but not as bad as i thought... i would come back again. .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great SpotJacquelineVIPDined on 4/23/2014I brought my friend from out of town to The Chase Fish & Oyster; we were not disappointed. The service was excellent, the food was great (Yonge Platter + Fish Nachos), and the ambience was just right. Great spot - I will surely be returning.Special Features:
- Fresh and flavourfulOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 4/21/2014As group tried almost every app and were delighted with everyone. Presentation, quality was top notch. Service was lacking and we sat for very extended periods without a server coming with more water or to even ask if we wanted anything else.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wines123VIPDined on 4/16/2014What a nice refreshing restaurant. Low key and the food was really good. The oysters were delicious as were the scallops. Trust your server, ours recommended the perfect bottle of wine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary DinnerGarrettLevineDined on 4/10/2014I recently went to the Chase Fish & Oyster for my anniversary dinner, and it was the perfect spot. I had no idea what to expect other than hearing that the food was amazing. It did not disappoint. We started with their tuna nachos, which were a perfect share able appetizer. The raw tuna was amazing. The server, Kristen, recommended a fantastic bottle of white for our meal. Probably the best white I've ever had. I had the Atlantic Char, on perfectly roasted cauliflower with a deliciously buttery puree. The fish was fantastic and was complimented very well by the crunchy-ness of the quinoa. A great dish all around. The dessert was a key-lime cake, and was the perfect end to the meal. Will definitely be coming back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time visitFresserDined on 4/10/2014Our waitress was outstanding in her service and attention to detail. She took the time to read the note I made on our reservation that it was our anniversary so that when we walked in she wished us happy anniversary. It was a classy touch and demonstrated her commitment to making a difference for her customers. She even provided a complimentary anniversary dessert. The arctic char was delicious. The wine list is solid. We will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pre-game dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/3/2014Quaint. My husband and I rarely get a chance to go out for a night of entertainment with two boys in hockey and other extra-curricular activities. The Chase was a real find! It was quiet and relaxing and the service was great. We ate oysters, cold and raw appetizers and a main dish, and a piece of key lime, vanilla cake all in about 11/2. We took a short walk down to the A.C.C. to watch the Leafs win in overtime against the Boston Bruins. It was a good night for us and for Leaf fans.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and experienceFoodie135Dined on 4/2/2014We had their raw oysters (a variety based on their recommendation), steamed mussels, scallop with foie gras, Arctic char, shoestring fries and for dessert the lime meringue cake. They were all very well made with nice presentation. We shared everything and were stuffed by the end of the night. Great environment inside and out. Price is towards the steep end but not unreasonable for the quality of food. Definitely would go back for another special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.