The Chase Fish & Oyster
10 Temperance St.
Toronto, ON M5H 1Y5Neighborhood:
Downtown/ Financial District
SeafoodPrice: CAN$31 to CAN$50
The Chase Fish & Oyster
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.thechasetoronto.com/
- Phone: (647) 348-7000
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 5:00pm
Dinner: Monday - Wednesday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Thursday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 1:00am, Sunday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood
- Executive Chef: Michael Steh
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Farm to Table, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: The Chase hospitality group is thrilled to offer our guests a unique and effortless event planning experience. Let our team of professionals put your mind at ease during your next event, from menu and wine selections to valet parking, we will take care of every detail. The Chase Fish and Oyster is the perfect venue to host birthdays, business meetings, product launches, exclusive dinners, and intimate celebrations.
- Private Party Contact: Courtney Baumgartner 4163019309x
A word from The Chase Fish & Oyster
The Chase Fish and Oyster represents our pursuit for the finest quality seafood with a strong focus and philosophy on sustainability and seasonal ingredients. Our culinary culture is formed by the great Eastern Maritime regions of Canada and the United States with influences from various coastal regions around the globe. Driven by creative presentations, our innovative menu of Hot and Cold dishes will always highlight the natural tastes of seafood. The room is casual and warm and the service is detailed but humbled, our focus is to offer an oceanic escape with every experience.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSeafood
The Chase Fish & Oyster - Best Restaurants in Downtown/ Financial District ›
The Chase Fish & Oyster reviews from OpenTable diners
93 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (56)special occasion (38)hot spot (34)good for groups (30)romantic (28)great for lunch (22)vibrant bar scene (16)notable wine list (15)great for outdoor dining (14)neighborhood gem (13)late-night find (9)scenic view (5)Show More
- A great findTravel2EatVIPDined on 11/21/2014I was looking for a great seafood restaurant that was also fun and cool. In my view this is exactly what I found. The food is very good and the service unpretentious. I would return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OMG!!!!!MariVDined on 11/17/2014AMAZING!!! The food, service, ambiance, everything was perfect!!! Found a review in the En Route magazine by Air Canada, WOW!!! Best décision ever :))))Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/14/2014Our table was next to the window and the light on the outside patio is very bright and beamed on us. The restaurant should change the light bulbs from bright white to something softer or at least change the direction of those lights.I would recommend this to a friend.
- 2nd time back and enjoyed the light dishescjennifer88Dined on 11/12/2014I'm often hosting clients so it's a nice change from a heavy meal. The oysters are so delicious and fresh. I really enjoyed the crab and avocado roll. My client had the lobster and destroyed it and I had their halibut fillet. Great dining spot before a game or comfortable and quiet environment to a host clients.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- McMaDined on 11/10/2014Welcoming upon arrival Menu very small print in the ambiant lighting very difficult to read Hot food tasty but luke warm
- Solid performanceGlobalDinerVIPDined on 11/8/2014My wife and I had an above average experience at The Chase Fish & Oyster on a Saturday evening. when we arrived our table was ready and waiting. All of the staff were exceptionally pleasant to interact with. The food was excellent - we started with the lobster stew and fresh oysters and finished with the halibut and scallops respectively - all of which are highly recommendable, each with their own tasty unique twist. The restaurant is sufficiently staffed, which is a nice change, and competent management is watching at all times. The overall experience reflected good value received for the money. Needless to say we will return.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/2/2014We came in before a show and had a little over an hour. Didn't feel rushed and we got to sample many of the items on the menu. All the seafood was very, very fresh and perfectly prepared. Our server (Eden) was terrific. She was very knowledgeable with the menu and was able to guide us through our choices with great recommendations. The manager (Chris) was very approachable and professional. He made a point of stopping by our table to say 'hello' and check in on our dining experience. Thanks for a great evening out. We'll be back.I would recommend this to a friend.
- deliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/27/2014Started with osyters - fresh and delicious. Then had the fried chicken - favourite.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful!captainmycaptainDined on 10/16/2014Consistently great. Fab menu and amazing wait staff!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/11/2014Took my boyfriend here for his birthday since he loves seafood, neither of us were impressed.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/8/2014Atmosphere, staff, appetizers were amazing,however, the main course was just okay. I ordered the clam/mussels/lobster bowl. I received 1 lobster claw and 3 clams, and maybe 3 mussels in a little broth for $34. I thought that was a rip off. All the main courses were priced high and were insufficient. I know that this is a seafood restaurant, and prices tend to be higher, but I did not see the value for the money.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great eveningsusieDined on 10/4/2014From the momemt we sat and had a drink at the bar to our dinner the service is amazing and friendly. Can't say enough about the food....delicious and great choices! Will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great but noisyMarioDined on 9/24/2014Food was excellent and service at lunch was attentive without being pushy. Overall a great experience bar the noise levels. Inappropriately loud rock music made no sense considering the surroundings and clientele, and did nothing but spoil the general atmosphere.Special Features:
- Superb!captainmycaptainDined on 9/17/2014A delightful ambiance for a downtown location (Halifax on roids!) Fantastic kitchen with care and proportion. Serve staff are very attentive and could be on Ossington. Highly recommended.Special Features:
- Great seafoodRoughyDined on 9/12/2014We really enjoyed our night here. The oysters were exceptional. The staff were very efficient and friendly. Would recommend this venue.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingPatMacVIPDined on 9/12/2014One of the best restaurant experiences we've had in a while. Ambience is sophisticated yet casual and unpretentious. Noise level is moderate and the atmosphere has a good "buzz". Young staff are friendly, charming and provide a very professional level of service. The food is first rate by any standards. We will certainly return!Special Features:
- Excellent!!!bmodinesDined on 9/12/2014Friday September 12, 2014 was my first time dining at The Chase Fish and Oyster bar. We had a wonderful time! The food was amazing the service was excellent, we had a wonderful gentle man as our waiter you took great care of us. The coctails are out of this world! We will definitely be returning soon.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/8/2014We went for the oysters. And we're not disappointedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Get it togetherOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 9/7/2014Had dinner here Sunday night during the Toronto Int'l Film Festival - it was not very busy but the dining room was semi-full. We were waiting for friends to arrive and service was attentive to the point of being obsequious. When our party finally assembled, our primary server could not be more lovely and helpful yet it took close to an hour to get our first course seafood plateau, then half of our order never showed up and seemed to have been totally forgotten. No explanation or apology. The food we did have was very good however they staff needs to get it together a bit.Special Features:
- Hot Spotkidfree6Dined on 9/6/2014Energy and noise levels were high so don't plan for a quiet evening in a romantic corner. Filled with urban professionals, the restaurant was a little intimidating but the staff was welcoming and warm. The buzz made it easy to ask questions about how to order and what to order knowing no one else could hear you. You must love seafood to eat here. Everything we ordered was delicious and I would definitely recommend the bay platter for two to share with some side orders as the platter is strictly seafood but lots of it! We had a wonderful time.Special Features:
- Excellent food and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/24/2014We had dinner here with clients and the service was outstanding. The menu was unusual so we asked for assistance and were not disappointed. We chose several dishes to share which gave us the opportunity to sample dishes we may not otherwise have chosen. They were all delicious. I would certainly recommend this restaurant for a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food at The ChaseOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/21/2014One of my favorite spots to dine these days. The food is spectacular! Seafood very fresh and the frites are to die for!Special Features:
- Go, now!HumanManDined on 8/15/2014Fantastic spot. The food was excellent, but it's the service that was bar none! When you have the right service it really makes an evening. Despite having the best fried chicken I've ever had, I still can't get over how awesome the service was...and I'm a foodie! Very well priced, we will be going again but likely with a group so that we can be the people who introduced our friends to their favorite new place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely EveningOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/15/2014Excellent oysters, good service and good main and OK noise levels made conversation was possibleSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An excellent lunchWindsweptDined on 8/12/2014The oysters as always were delicious. I had mussels that were perfect. As always, service was impeccable.Special Features:
- ExcellentshabsDined on 8/9/2014Overall, excellent food, service and a great place for a date/occasion or even if you're just wanting excellent seafood.Special Features:
- RomeoDined on 7/31/2014A few items were too salty...otherwise great food and drinksSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 130 reviews are from the The Chase Fish & Oyster reviews archive.
- Great date night!love2eatDined on 7/25/2014Went here for date night recently and had a fabulous time. The staff were incredible, they could not do enough for you! I don't think I've had such amazing service. Will definitely go back.Special Features:
- very good seafood - crazy pricesTODinerVIPDined on 7/17/2014Having been to The Chase and found it to be bloated, pretentious and not very good, I was eager to try out its more casual, raw bar-like little sister, The Chase Fish and Oyster. The PEI oysters were amazingly good and the shrimp and avocado roll and the lobster roll were excellent. The problem is the price. Lunch for two, with two glasses of wine, came to $150, tax and tip included. That is just silly. So, as good as it was, I will not go back and will not suggest it to anyone but the wealthiest of my circle. Too bad. Service was friendly and attentive as well.Special Features:
- Anniversary dinnerEasyDinerDined on 7/12/2014Great appetizers that we translated into a meal, with a great recommendation on wine. Key lime cake was exceptional. Service was attentive, informative and with a smile. Couldn't ask for more.Special Features:
- TerrificRosieDined on 7/11/2014The Chase is a terrific restaurant. Delicious food and the service is very attentive and friendly. We had a great experience!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/11/2014Food was Okay, nothing exceptional based on other restaurants we've been to in the city. However, the service was horrible for the type of restaurant and price point. Our waiter was definitely not customer focused and annoyed anytime we asked him a question or for any type of service. Not acceptable and quite frankly shouldn't be a waiter at a nice restaurant. Maybe acceptable for fast food place. Overall, very disappointed given the reviews and ratings I had read. Maybe we'll try it again and our waiter will be much more pleasant.
- PretentiousOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/11/2014Pretentious. Prices not displayed on menu, which is disrespectful to the client. Too many different servers per table
- Great for a buzzy get togetherSheilaghDined on 7/10/2014Wonderful lively spot with food far better than you'd expect. We had a great meal with fantastic service. The music is on the loud side for intimate conversation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/9/2014Very happy with the service and quality of food. I will be backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- chase is getting better again..Rapman58VIPDined on 7/8/2014when it opened it was amazing, then it went through a lull, but now its back, all was prepared well and presented beautifully by excellent staff. highly recommend the big eye tuna nachos app - not what you'd think.Special Features:
- great restaurantNicoleMtlDined on 7/3/2014We went to the Chase and Fish during our stay in Toronto. The good and service was excellent, i tried the octopus and it was perfectly cooked and delicious. A bit pricey but worth it, will definitely go back the next time i'm in townSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NolaJSWDined on 6/24/2014Outstanding food and outstanding service. Yonge platter from the raw bar was great. Love the scallops.Special Features:
- Excellent food, wine & staffMaryBeeve1Dined on 6/24/2014Our food came quickly, was very flavourful and beautifully presented. Wine was also excellent with some very reasonably priced selections available. Would definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ZCathyDined on 6/23/2014Food was excellent although one of our guests had to send his fish back - overcooked. The place is very noisy but energetic! Service was impeccable!Special Features: