The Captain's Table
1200 West Retta Esplanade
Punta Gorda, FL 33951Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
The Captain's Table
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.thecaptainstable.com/
- Phone: 9416371177x2
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch Daily: 11:30am - 3:00pm; dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood
- Executive Chef: Rodney Monroig
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Private Room, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Contact 637-1177 ext. 2 for more details
- Private Party Contact: Steve Redman 9416371177x
- Entertainment: Piano music Tuesday through Sunday (Piano Bar)
A word from The Captain's Table
The Captain’s Table is located in Fisherman’s Village Waterfront Mall, Resort & Marina in historic and beautiful Punta Gorda, Florida. Come enjoy the stunning views of Charlotte Harbor with the freshest gulf seafood, hand-cut steaks and dishes from our award-winning chef.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
The Captain's Table - Best Restaurants in Punta Gorda ›
The Captain's Table reviews from OpenTable diners
45 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (44)great for outdoor dining (25)special occasion (22)romantic (15)good for groups (12)great for lunch (12)neighborhood gem (9)notable wine list (8)great for brunch (5)fit for foodies (4)late-night find (3)hot spot (3)kid-friendly (3)vibrant bar scene (2)Show More
- Stay away from seafood buffetislandgirl1127Dined on 8/29/2014For $27.95 I expected better. I'm on a low carb diet so I thought this would be a great choice. I was not looking for quantity but quality taste. Both fish selections were dry and bland. Oysters and clams were average and snow crabs difficult to deal with. Oysters on the half shell were descent.Special Features:
- Memorable Dining ExperienceWayneDined on 8/23/2014From the moment i entered the Captain's Table, I was seranaded by a very talented "live" pianist on a baby grande piano in the lobby, greeted by exceptional hostess escorted to a breathtaking view of the harbor at sunset. I was then introduced to the most exceptional server, she was so knowledgable, competent, and gracious, I felt so relaxed that the evening was off to a great start... I ordered one of her suggestions, the presentation was exceptional and seafood was delicious... i'm going to make the Captain's Table a regular visit on my monthly culinary travels !!!!Special Features:
- Grouper?OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/1/2014We went on a friday night got seated real fast.I order grouper for my meal,The first time I got my plate the order was all wrong,The second time I got my order it was warm not hot.The grouper was fat and dry not like real grouper is tender and tasty.My wife and her friend had the all you can eat seafood they said it was great,That is why I gave it Three stars not one.I do not know if I will be coming back again.Special Features:
- Great FoodSylviaDined on 7/25/2014Whether you are taking advantage of the Friday Night all you can eat fish buffet or ordering from the menu, The food is delicious. The buffet has a very nice variety, and I especially enjoy the boiled fish and/or salmon which seems to change from week to week. But the unending crab legs and the peel and eat shrimp are my favorites.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious Seafood buffet!CrabmanDined on 7/25/2014Friday is their seafood buffet. It was fantastic -- crab legs, oysters, clams, scallop pasta alfredo... they were accommodating to our group and young child as well. Great wait staff as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Dining ExperiencesuegDined on 7/21/2014We went on a Monday night during the month of July! We had reservations and were seated outside on the deck. The scenes were beautiful and watching the dolphins while waiting for our meal was great. Staff was courtesy and attentive. Our party ordered the Dry Rub Delmonico Steak, Seafood Conquistador, and the Seafood Pasta Di Mare which were all delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/4/2014Very crowded due to 4th holiday-large group nearby- waiter was very pleasant -computers not working so we had a wait for the bill. Part of the problem was the limited menu for the holiday. Always enjoyed our previous visits.Special Features:
- Fabulous sunset and storm!PattimrDined on 6/29/2014We had a wonderful experience there with a beautiful sunset and a storm rolling in. We started outside and then moved under the overhang and then finally were driven in by the storm but it was a wonderful evening. Great food and our server was very attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- not as good as previousKikiDined on 6/22/2014We will prob not go back, menu was limited, salads were too big, prices were high for the quality of food, nothing was really hot, we were very dissapointedSpecial Features:
- EsteroeaterEsteroeaterDined on 6/22/2014I was disappointed at first because on the lunch menu I did not see something I was planning to order that is on the dinner menu. We had a great waiter, no problem, I got what I wanted and two others in our party also ordered dishes from the dinner menu. The only negative was the table behind us had a very loud domineering guest who talked the whole time. It was annoying and we should have requested a table change since it was not crowded when we were there. Next time we will.Special Features:
- Mixed reviewBeach45Dined on 6/21/2014My mother and I had dinner here recently. Pros....good food, great view. Enjoyed the calamari. Cons... service was NOT good. We asked for additional time but really did not need THAT much time. Waiter seemed bothered and restaurant was not busy. Enjoyed the beautiful view but did not like table above us "looking down." As mentioned the restaurant was NOT busy and we could have sat at another table near the window. Salad bar did not really fit in with the "upscale" menu. Observed an employee dumping a bag salad of lettuce at the bar into the bowl. Really? Doubtful that we would pick this restaurant again.Special Features:
- a special placemikeDined on 6/14/2014good food, great view, good service and a local favorite.Special Features:
- First TimeDoc5Dined on 6/13/2014Loved the buffet on Friday night. Lots of variety. Will definitely go back!Special Features:
- StaffEdharDined on 6/13/2014We had the best time ever. We had john as our server and we had the buffet which is to die for, but John was on top of everything. He is a big man with a big heart. He made our night perfect. The food speaks for itself. 6 stars if that was possible.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- erniecoDined on 6/9/2014Food was very good;service a little slow. Great view of Charlotte Harbor especially at sunset.Special Features:
- Old FishNotComingBackDined on 6/1/2014Our experience at The Captain's Table was a dissapointment. We had been there many times in the past with much better results. We went on June 1st for a special occasion, our wedding anniversary. We both ordered the stuffer grouper which we were told by Stu that it was one of their most popular dishes. Both of our grouper meals presented fish that was chewy and without much flavor. Either the fish was old or it was previously frozen and kept for a long time. For $25 a plate the least a high-end restaurant can do is serve "fresh grouper". A great dissapointment and we will probably never go back at those prices. Go if you enjoy old fish.Special Features:
- One night standnotacheaterDined on 5/24/2014Service was excellent. I found the portions to be too large. With a shared appetizer, and skipping the salad bar, we each only ate half of hour meals, and were not in the position to take home the left overs. I had the Queen Prime Rib, and it had quite a bit of fat. It was cooked to perfection however.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CAPTAIN'S TABLEOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/23/2014I ordered the sea scallops and they were so tender!! The salad bar was good and was just enough to not ruin your meal. We got mashed potatoes, vegetable and rolls to accompany our meal. Everything was very good and my meal was hot, which means a lot to me!! Great drinks also. We have eaten there before and taken our relatives and have never had a bad meal!! My husband had the Lobster ravioli and he liked it!! My friend had the steak and it was huge and she had to take it home!! Very happy with our service!! The view is fantastic!! Prices are slightly high for steaks so hope they offer some smaller ones at a lower price!! Ori is great!!Special Features:
- outacontroloutacontrolDined on 5/17/2014great value for the buck, Ari our waiter did an outstanding job, very attentitive to our needs, plus you get a million dollar viewSpecial Features:
- View was nice-but thats about itthescrutinairedotcomDined on 5/16/2014The view was quite lovely. The food was not plated well, not tasting well, and our server seemed to forget about us in the corner of the restaurant. I wouldn't eat their "buffet" if you paid me and the best part of the evening was the drinks!Special Features:
- Nice dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/16/2014A little pricey. Could not go as often as I would like. Need more variety on Seafood buffet such as Baked stuffed shrimp and Ahi tuneSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nice experiencebirthdaygirlDined on 5/14/2014Everything was great. Food is a little pricey. Will not be returning too often. Nice for a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Lunchon the waterDutchDined on 5/12/2014We entered the restaurant around 12:30 and it was occupied with a handful of patrons. We ordered a couple of beers and lunch as follows. Shrimp Teriyake, Mandarin Chicken, and two Black Russian sandwiches. The Black Russian sandwiches where plenty full and well prepared. The Shhrimp Teriyaki was only ok, the flavor to weak and did not taste much like it should be. The Mandarin Chicken salad was served and waiter informed us that there was no Mandarin dressing, did we want an other dressing. In my opinion the waiter should have informed us before we did order the item, may he did not know either. The waiter was professional and tried his best being put on the spot by the chef?Special Features:
- Walked outPG33050Dined on 5/11/2014Had reservations. Got seated, with my mother for mothers day. Sat for 20 minutes no one waited on us. 3 tables came in after us that received service. It was also about 90 degrees in there and I wasn't aware it was a buffet which i wasn't happy about, as I didn't see thatn advertised or mentioned anywhere on their web site, but was fine, if we had been served. Although a 90 degree restaurant and a buffet are never a good combination. Went to the Perfect Caper and had a wonderful meal.Special Features:
- Buffet wasn't that goodgoodfood2eatDined on 5/11/2014We had a 2 o'clock reservation. The food wasn't refreshed on the buffet. After trying to make several trips hoping they would put more of the lobster ravioli, salmon and scallops out I finally gave up. Never did get to try them. The prime rib was overcooked, medium at best. Don't know if I would go back for a Mother's day buffet. Very disappointed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Captain's TableOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/11/2014Great for Holiday buffets. We have had Thanksgiving, Easter and Mothers Day dinners here and the food is always very good. They offer you a great variety of food.The Gulf Shrimp Cocktail is wonderful. And you cannot beat the view, you may see dolphins right from your table side.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect SpotHappywandererDined on 5/9/2014We met friends from our former gourmet club here for early dinner. Our waitress was knowledgeable and made helpful suggestions. The portions were ample and three of us thoroughly enjoyed our selected meal. I was not crazy about the stuffed grouper - not much flavor. The chocolate dessert was delicious. Because we were seated in a corner with an outstanding view, we were able to chat at a conversational level, which only added to our delightful time together.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great viewOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/8/2014The service was great and the food was awesome. Second time we have visited and was pleased both times.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An outstanding gemeat2muchDined on 5/7/2014We have dined here on several occasions and have always encountered a most enjoyable experience. We recommend this establishment to all we know. Will try to dine there more often.Special Features:
- Dinner diningbummer60Dined on 5/6/2014Have taken many friends and family to The Captain's Table, and never have been disappointed in the food served, the salad bar, or the great service we received. The icing on the cake is the view of the Peace River, and the breathtaking sunsets. Now we want to try your prime rib night!Special Features:
- The following 216 reviews are from the The Captain's Table reviews archive.
- Going away dinnerSparkiebDined on 5/3/2014Our closest 2 couples met my lady and me for a farewell dinner as we are Snowbirds leaving for Maryland. Dinner was excellence. Specials were well prices and announced with the description of the dish. Service was prompt and attentive. All in all a wonderful experience.Special Features:
- Pleasant eveningLuvtodineDined on 5/1/2014View can't be beat. Food for the most part good. Server was a bit overpowering, trying too hard to impress. Long wait time for check to arrive. Issue with check. But it was straightened out. Will go again for special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great TimeCarskiDined on 4/25/2014From the time I made the reservation on line to the end of our dinner everything went exceptional. Great food , excellent service perfect night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious Food BUT...thedempsterVIPDined on 4/25/2014I was excited to find a restaurant in Punta Gorda as we live in Naples and our friends live in Sarasota - this restaurant at the Fisherman's Village is nearly halfway between our homes. We had a lovely table - gorgeous view of the harbor and we enjoyed the sunset after dinner. The food was well-prepared and fresh - the bourbon salmon was divine as was the pork and the assorted seafood platter. We were there on a Friday evening and the main special is an "All you can eat" seafood buffet which seemed quite popular. Salads are served via the salad bar (including a well prepared Caesar Salad). The only real drawback was the service - indifferent at best. We saw our server infrequently. Otherwise, this would be a 4-star review.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best in TownHappy2dineDined on 4/25/2014We chose the outdoor seating on a beautiful afternoon for an 80th birthday celebration. Perfect day with great food and a super efficient friendly waitress. I had to change the number of guests a few times and each time I did I was impressed with how comfortable the hostess made me feel about the changes. Everyone had a wonderful time. Each meal was delicious and we all agreed we would be back for the outdoor dining We will use the Captains Table for upcoming group events as we feel it has the best food and ambience in town!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great time!!DksolutionDined on 4/24/2014We had a wonderful time. Great place to see a sunset. Food was fantastic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth the driveFranDined on 4/18/2014Visited on a Friday night, a group of six. We were very pleased with the menu, although chicken selections were extremely limited for our non-fish-eating friend. This was seafood buffet night and one in our party chose that offering, and loved the chowder - excellent. The rest of The buffet was disappointing, although there was a very nice selection of dishes. The oysters and shrimp were good. The scallops and crab a bit disappointing - salty and tasteless. The meals from the menu were better, overall, in fact they were delightful. Beautiful scallops, nicely seared, moist duck, tender and tasty salmon, a beautiful NY strip. The service was fRiendly and competent, just very slow. Our dinner, without dessert or coffee took 2.5 hours.Special Features:
- Very Enjoyable!susiebeeDined on 4/16/2014We enjoyed lunch overlooking the water on a sunny day! Food was good - but not great. The ambiance is the best! Service was very good. We will go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/14/2014We had a perfect day for outside seating and the food and service were excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic mealsteveDined on 4/13/2014Escargot appetizer was delicious! Main courses were outstanding! Ambience was perfect!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.