The Capital Grille - Houston - CityCentre
840 W Sam Houston Parkway N
Houston, TX 77024Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $50 and over
The Capital Grille - Houston - CityCentre
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.thecapitalgrille.com/
- Phone: (713) 463-5051
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood
- Executive Chef: Todd Williamson
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from The Capital Grille - Houston - CityCentre
You are cordially invited to join us for an evening or afternoon of relaxed elegance and exceptional cuisine. Our impressive menu of nationally renowned dry aged steaks and the freshest of seafood will ignite your culinary imagination as our award-winning wine list of more than 5,000 bottles awakens your inner sommelier. And as our gracious, knowledgeable servers delight you with their uncanny ability to anticipate your every need, you’ll experience firsthand why the American Culinary Federation recently bestowed upon us their “Achievement of Excellence Award.” Whether you’re celebrating a special occasion or hosting a business luncheon or dinner, we can help you flawlessly pull off any private dining event. Our event planning staff has extensive experience and the ideal materials to work with.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
The Capital Grille - Houston - CityCentre - Best Restaurants in West Side ›
The Capital Grille - Houston - CityCentre reviews from OpenTable diners
173 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (126)romantic (89)notable wine list (87)fit for foodies (68)good for groups (63)great for lunch (54)neighborhood gem (35)hot spot (30)vibrant bar scene (13)great for brunch (10)great for outdoor dining (9)late-night find (9)scenic view (5)kid-friendly (2)Show More
- I have had better, but it was very nice.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/23/2014The atmosphere was lovely. We went on a Sunday night at 6:30. There were only a handful of people there. With that being said it surprised me when the service was less than par. Our waiter was very nice, however he completely forgot our salads. He said they could take the dinner back and keep it warm until we finish our salads. With the price of the meal I would assume they would make us new meals and not keep a rare steak my husband ordered "warm" for that long. I had a bone in filet which was ordered medium well. It was very rare in the center and very well done at the ends. Almost too well done. In their defense it was an extremely thick steak and I know with the bone in it is harder to be consistent. There are ways in which to do this, but perhaps the trick of the trade is not well known here. They did bring us a complementary desert since they forgot our salads. Customer service was excellent. We would go back, but for the price of the meal ($275 for dinner for 2) I would have expected a little more.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Steak Overcooked, but Handled WellJohn66VIPDined on 11/22/2014My wife and I returned to Capital Grill after having an exceptional visit for an anniversary a couple of months ago. My wife's steak was over cooked - she likes in on the rare side of medium rare and it was north of medium. The waiter handled it very well and we had a floor manager check on us twice and the general manager after that. If how a restaurant handles mistakes is an indication of the restaurant, Capital Grill is an excellent restuarant. The remainder of our dinner was exceptional - Steak Tartar, Caprice Salad, Lobster Bisque and roasted brussels sprouts - especially the roasted brussels sprouts.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food, a bit loud3dvizwizDined on 11/20/2014If something was done to improve the acoustics in this lovely restaurant, it would be perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cade NightMikeVIPDined on 11/17/2014This was a fantastic evening. The food was excellent. Roberto, our waitor, was very attentive and patient. He delivered everything on time and with the skill of a professional. The sommelier (sorry, forgot his name) helped us select a brilliant, off the menu, Howell Mounrain cabernet from Cade Winery. A glitsch in our reservation was fixed by the manager (sorry, forgot his name, too) who went the extra mile to make sure their customer received the service of a first class restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/6/2014Our meal was wonderful! Vladimir is very kind and professional. We were treated like royalty. Thank you for making our lunch so special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- business lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/5/2014great place for a working business lunch. Food, service, and the noise level makes it conducive to getting things done over lunch. Free parking makes it easy to park given the predatory nature of the parking enforcement at City Centre these daysSpecial Features:
- Good RecoveryfoodieDined on 11/1/2014We decided to eat at The Capital Grille West Houston for the first time. It was a bit difficult to find, and the valet service was slow both dropping off and picking up... Once inside, we were escorted immediaately with use of our names, adding that special feeling. Our waiter was very efficient and helpful. Service was a bit slow, but we noticed it to be the same for everyone...our guess is that they must have been short staffed in the kitchen for the night. The only disappointment was that my steak was served medium rare to rare, when I requested it to be medium. However, they responded quickly and brought me a cup of soup so that my wife was not having to wait for my steak in order to begin eating. This gesture assured our return.Special Features:
- Excellent evening!TraceyVIPDined on 11/1/2014This was my first time at this location, and it is a further drive from our home that the Galleria location. All I have to say is it was worth the drive! The bar is beautiful, the service was perfect and the food was outstanding! The lobster appetizer was the perfect start to a great dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstandingfoodie1864VIPDined on 11/1/2014Our dinner was outstanding in every way -- from the polished and friendly service to our perfectly cooked entrees. We will definitely go back as often as we can. BTW, the tuna was awesome!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yummy!NicvorDined on 10/31/2014Great Steakhouse - awesome food, great wine list and yummy cocktails. Service was outstanding. The Steak Tartare with Truffle Deviled Egg was to great! My son ate Lobster Mac and Cheese and loved it. The Gorgonzola and Truffle Crusted Filet Mignon with Cabernet Reduction is also worth mentioning. Great place for special occasions. For sure another trip to it is on my list....Special Features:
- Excellent food & servicemedmanVIPDined on 10/30/2014Great place to go for a wonderful meal, top notch service and all around wonderful ambience - the prosciutto wrapped mozzarella is wonderful and the steaks are the best in town - just a superb experience - I look forward to returning soon -Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect AnniversarybpadDined on 10/28/2014Took my wife here for our 2 year anniversary and it couldn't have been better. Food was of course amazing, but the staff was the shining example of how a restaurant should run. We were greeted by name by the hostess, waiter and manager. Table was decorated and there was even a hand written card thanking us for choosing Capital Grille. Amazing. Will be back very soon.Special Features:
- Outstanding Service and FoodBeaglemeVIPDined on 10/18/2014My wife and I and another couple went to Capital Grille City Center on Saturday to celebrate my wife's birthday. Service was Outstanding ! The GM came by several times to make sure my wife was having a wonderful birthday dinner. We were provided a complimentary champagne cocktail and a desert sampler plate. Very nice. I had the sashimi grade Tuna and my wife had a sirloin steak. The lobster Mac and Cheese was delicious. Anyway, we will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014We enjoyed a wonderful dinner and our waiter, Kevin Henry, was very good. The restaurant is lovely.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding dinner!!!foodie1864VIPDined on 10/18/2014We had a wonderful dining experience. Our server was very attentive to our needs - our drinks, the appetizers, entrees, coffee, and dessert were all prepared perfectly. Two of the managing partners came out to greet us and make sure everything was going well. They made us feel not only welcome, but as special guests. Our server even took our valet ticket to make sure our car was ready when we were. A fantastic dining experience from start to finish!!!Special Features:
- Great Service, Great ExperienceoniaiDined on 10/11/2014I went with my family on a very special occasion of the graduation of my son from the US Army's Combat Engineering Program and we had a great service and an unforgettable experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of the Best in Houston!SREYDined on 10/11/2014We dine out at least 3 times per week. This is one of the best in regards to food quality, service, ambiance, and wine selection. This was for my husband's birthday - he's a steak lover and we both seek out restaurants with exceptional wine and champagne options. This was a top notch selection. We were very pleased.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food, Service Were GreatLiveMusicDiningVIPDined on 10/6/2014Food and Service were outstanding. The ambiance needs work. We were seated looking directly out the emergency door. Really need to do some thing to make the atmosphere more conducive to a 5 star restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good foodblondieDined on 10/5/2014The macaroni dish side with lobster cream was amazingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good NightHolidayeatsDined on 10/4/2014Restaurant is very nice food was very good but very priceySpecial Features:
- We enjoyed it.Mep2014Dined on 10/4/2014First time at this location but we really enjoyed it. Great food and awesome service. Our waiter was Michael and he was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always on pointI812VIPDined on 9/30/2014The Capital Grille is always on top of their game. I love that they have delicious seasonal menus and knock their regular mine items out of the park. I would like to see a more extensive wine list such as Pappas or Del Frisco'sSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday CeleberationTexasSamVIPDined on 9/29/2014The Capital Grille provided the perfect setting for a birthday celebration. The food and wine were excellent and further complimented by the outstanding service provided by Roberto.Special Features:
- AMAZINGbluejeffDined on 9/26/2014The food, service and ambiance from start to finish was phenomenal! Lauren was an outstanding server. We will be back soon!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/21/2014Service was awesome!! Food was excellent! Will returnSpecial Features:
- Awesome Food, Excellent Servicefoodlover2013Dined on 9/20/2014We came here for my cousin's birthday and our server Lauren was absolutely wonderful. She even arranged for the birthday girl to have a champagne toast and dessert plate for her birthday. She was super attentive to our needs and made sure we had the best dining experience.Special Features:
- Very Good ExperiencerifflekbDined on 9/20/2014I made reservations on Saturday for that evening. Everything was flawless from the valet, to the hostess, the the very excellent waiter. He described the food in sensory detail and it was difficult to choose. He recommended the pineapple infused with vodka martini and it was one of the best vodka drinks I've had (am I am a vodka drinker). The prosciutto wrapped mozzarella (hand pulled) was a "happy dance" moment. I finally decided on the sirloin with kona rub and liquor sauce. It was fabulous and perfectly cooked medium rare. I highly recommend dinner for two.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food - Inattentive to guestsUpbeatDined on 9/20/2014Our food was excellent. However the smaller dining room where they seated us was warm. Other tables in other rooms were available; they could have moved us. One in our party was 9 mos pregnant and quite uncomfortable. We asked about the temperature when seated and then again multiple times. They finally admitted they were having issues and put a fan at our feet. Worthless. Absurd to pay $400 for four people and not be comfortable. No concessions were made to us in this situation. Also, our waiter insisted on telling us about his life in detail. Overall, a very disappointing experience. We will not be back.
- Wonderful ServiceVivMilesVIPDined on 9/19/2014The au gratin potatoes are EXCEPTIONAL.... The wait staff really made the meal a pleasure, Richard and team did a wonderful job providing a great balance of anticapating our needs but not inserting themselves in to the evening.Special Features:
- DisappointedANEK115Dined on 9/18/2014Our first experience was amazing and when returning we had high expectations as the bar had been set. Unfortunately we were disappointed. Service was par (being extremely generous here). My steak was warm at best and had so much sauce that I could have shared with the 6 top across from us. My husbands fish was ok. When asked how our food was we said "ok" and the response, "glad you enjoyed it, can we box it up". Not really the response we were expecting. Looks like we will be returning to other steakhouses/ fine dining restaurants in the future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentHookedVIPDined on 9/18/2014Valet, great service, delicious food. Always a pleasure dining hereSpecial Features:
- Always GreatRamblinWreckVIPDined on 9/14/2014We had a fantastic dinner experience preceded by a drink at the bar. We love the open and spacious bar which always has great service. In the main dining area, our request to change tables was graciously accommodated. The service and our meals were outstanding, especially the Tenderloin w/ Lobster although we substituted a small Filet for the Tenderloin. The convenience of valet parking is also much appreciated.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Barry OakesAustinredhouseDined on 9/13/2014Overall food was excellant, service average. Seemed like they made a couple of bd parties great. Overall noise level highSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden gemAlexanderDined on 9/11/2014We thoroughly enjoyed my wife's 52nd birthday there. We were waited on by Jarrett and he made us feel like we were the only diners there. Service excellence at its best.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service, great foodpuronombreVIPDined on 9/11/2014Great service, great food, Great service, great food, Great service, great foodSpecial Features:
- Great Restaurant!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/8/2014The service is always outstanding, and the food is amazing (a personal favorite is the lobster mac and cheese!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Citris Glazed Salmonjoy56Dined on 9/3/2014The Salmon is delicious! Every dish that comes to the table is not the typical style you usually see in a restaurant. Salads are inventive and look and taste great.Special Features:
- Good food, service is another thingfoodie1864VIPDined on 8/31/2014As usual, our food was prepared just as ordered. No problems with the preparation, taste, quality, etc. However, the service was very average-definitely nothing special. I ordered the 8oz filet, which is not on the menu, but I've ordered that about a dozen times before with no issue. When it came out, it seemed pretty big. When the check came I saw that I got a 10oz filet. I ordered a drink and it came out wrong because the waiter didnt ask how I like it. We had left overs from dinner and he just asked if we were done and started taking it away until I requested to take it home. The same with dessert since their desserts are so big, we didn't finish. He began taking it away and I had t request to take it home. Poor service til the end!Special Features:
- Nicely DoneLTJ14Dined on 8/30/2014Honey & I visited during Houston Restaurant Weeks. For the price, we received an adequate amount of food, including dessert. I couldn't wait to try the dry-rub steak, however, it wasn't as flavorful as I anticipated. All else was great; I'll just try a different main course on my next visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beyond my expectationsMotowngirlVIPDined on 8/30/2014We went to Capital Grille to celebrate my birthday and they really went above and beyond. The table was tastefully decorated, they gave us a complimentary champagne toast to start our meal, a lovely desert, a long stem red rose and THEN, they took our photo and printed it out and gave it to us in a little folder to commemorate the occasion. Needless to say I have never seen a restaurant go to such lengths for a birthday. In addition, the service was fantastic, the food delish although I have to say the filet wasn't quite as good as the one I had at Ruth Chris a couple of weeks ago. Great experience we will go back again for sure!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.