1835 West 4th St
Vancouver, BC V6J 1M4Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: CAN$30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.thebibo.com/
- Phone: 6045686177x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Sunday 11:30 - 2:30.
Dinner: Tuesday - Sunday: 5:30pm - till late
Brunch: Saturday - Sunday 11:30 - 2:30.
- Payment Options: MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from The Bibo
Welcome to The BiBo Restaurant, the TRUE Italian Experience! The BiBo is not just a restaurant; it is a philosophy of life…an obsession for quality that is translated through every prepared Italian dish, which is created with the highest quality ingredients from all different regions in Italy. The owner's drive and dedication to provide the most authentic Italian experience translates into a menu that truly brings a taste of Italy to your table with "antipasti" created with fresh imported ingredients, hand made pastas prepared daily, and the most traditional Neapolitan style pizzas cooked in our wood burning oven. To top it all off, The Bibo offers freshly made Italian desserts and a carefully chosen wine list. Buon Appetito!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerKid Friendly
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
The Bibo - Best Restaurants in Kitsilano ›
The Bibo reviews from OpenTable diners
23 reviews since June 2, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (18)fit for foodies (13)good for groups (10)kid-friendly (6)great for lunch (6)special occasion (5)hot spot (5)great for brunch (4)romantic (3)notable wine list (2)great for outdoor dining (1)late-night find (1)Show More
- I'll be back againKitsPointerDined on 9/21/2014My top pick for pizza on the West Side. I feel so fortunate that The Bibo is within walking distance from our home.Special Features:
- Casual night with friends.LondonerDined on 9/16/2014We had an enjoyable evening in this attractive neighourhood restaurant. The menu was reasonably varied and the four of us chose different mains courses. all of which were good. Service was a little scatty, but this is a smallish place and it didn't seem important to us. It was a warm evening and the patio doors onto the main road were open onto the busy road, but from our table, a little back from the doors, we were not bothered by the noise. The only real downside, was the desert menu. Tiramasu was a small portion of soggy sponge, with too much cream squirted around it, and absolutely no coffee flavour.Special Features:
- BIBO...1ofAmigosDined on 9/11/2014...where have you been before? So glad to have this amazing restaurant in the neighbourhood. Great for family birthday, girls night out, after work gathering. Something for everyone. Everything from food to service is amazing. Plus, chef Andrea remembers his customers. Will be back for other occasions.Special Features:
- SefSef904Dined on 9/7/20145 good friends for a book club brunch. Excellent food, charming efficient waiter, tolerable noise level so we could talk. Highly recommend it. Affordable and delicious.Special Features:
- trixie37Dined on 8/28/2014We had table by the window which was nice and the service was very good. I had mentioned that it was Stacey's birthday and we received a free dessert with a candle.Special Features:
- Love this placeVegamoeDined on 8/22/2014Love the food and the wine. A little bit of Italy in Vancouver.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/14/2014I've been to Bibo before and have always been impressed. The food is always good. We shared the tuna salad this time - it was wonderful; I'll order it just for myself next timeSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/6/2014Food was grest!! The white pizza was awesome; however, the pasta portion was small. Its like food court portion and price was in $18!! not worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- too long portions too smallmaksterDined on 7/20/2014It took a long long time for our food to arrive and the portions were tiny . The appetizer was bigger than the lasagnaSpecial Features:
- Best dessert everLisaDined on 7/19/2014The Best Nutella Pizza ever!!!! They also have great entrees Love this placeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An italian gem at KitsLupitaDined on 7/11/2014Service and atmosphere excellent in this ristorante-pizzeria. Adults and kids will enjoy its pizzas; but the menu also includes a short range of pasta and a highly recommended rissotto.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- gnocchi at BibosupportgoodfoodDined on 7/10/2014tried the Gnocchi Alla Romana for the first time & it was unexpected and delicious - just melted in your mouth. Nothing like what you buy in a store. We also had a naturally friendly server - I can't stand phony!Special Features:
- Service with a SmileOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 6/21/2014The Wait Staff were amazing, knowledgeable, quick to respond to inquiries and requests. The Restaurant was clean and became busy around 7:30 pm on a Tuesday. No rush to have us vacate our table and the noise level was appropriate for table chats. I would highly recommend this as a friends getting together place. Tuesday, Pizza and beer for $18 - amazing value.Special Features:
- The following 148 reviews are from the The Bibo reviews archive.
- Feels like being back in Italy!!AC00AJCDined on 5/21/2014We went to Bibo on Wednesday night for a second time and were very happy once again. The service was great and the food was amazing... Meals are exactly the way they prepare it in Italy. All the chefs are Italian and you can tell they love what they do. I would recommend this place to anyone who loves good authentic Italian food. There are so many choices so make sure you can split a pasta and a pizza with someone so to get taste everything!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Eclectic GemBear1962Dined on 5/16/2014Interesting Decor and Wonderful food. Combines old school Italian menu with New Age decor. Very interesting and vibrant. It's a loud active setting typical of the new style restaurant craze so if your into quiet romantic italian look elsewhere. All the ingredients on our dishes tasted fresh and full of flavor. Pastas are well portioned. Didn't get to try pizza but looked excellent. I was told Brick oven prepared menu items are a must try for next time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 5/10/2014I had heard from many people this restaurant leaves something to be desired but wanted to give it the chance to see what it was like. The food overall was ok but the rest was a disappointment. We waited for over 20 minutes to be asked if we wanted a drink and that was just the beginning. Throughout the evening we had to chase people to serve us. And we even raised it as a concern. Nothing was done, we will not be returning I'm sad to say.Special Features:
- Re: An Adequate ExperienceFoodiePicky1982Dined on 5/9/2014The overall experience was good, but not great. The pizza was absolutely fabulous, but the service was not lacking. It took a while to get our drinks, and the server did not come back to our table once the coffee was served. My disclaimer is that the server was new, however I do think that he should have been more attentive to our table. Overall we would still go back (The pizza is just that good).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday dinner outadoctorDined on 5/3/2014We had a nice evening out. The location of the restaurant is fantastic although parking can be a bit challenging. This was or second visit to the restaurant. We enjoyed the food more the first time. We ordered the ravioli which didn't have the same tasty flavors as the lasagna we ordered the first time. The waiter was mediocre. He wasn't as attentive as we would have liked. Ambiance was nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Has potentialMeganeatsDined on 4/4/2014I live just down the street from here. This was my second time visiting. I was first here over a year ago and although things are absolutely better, there are still some improvements that can be made. For the price point I feel that pizzas should be so burnt! Don't get me wrong, I like a little bit of the charred dough bubbles on the top but the bottom was also burnt. Great wine and wine list, attentive a knowledgeable service. Perhaps I'll try my luck at pasta next time!Special Features:
- Alomost ThereCharleneDined on 3/14/2014Great location, great ambiance and service, but food is sadly lacking. We were a birthday group of eight. Staff went out of their way to make sure we were taken care of with a great table and bringing in dessert with birthday sparklers and singing. Lovely! However, the pizzas were "soupy" in the middle, steak chewy and pasta bland. Loved that the wine is produced by one of the owners in Italy and sent to the restaurant. This restaurant has all the makings of a real neighborhood gem, but they need to bring the quality of the food up dramatically.Special Features:
- mediocrekimbDined on 2/22/2014our server was attentive but awkward. Food mediocre but adequate. There were 3 of us and none of us would go back. Better Italian restaurants at the price point. Then a sloppy bit where they had few herbal tea options and brought a tea box with some bags of tea that were not in packages- just naked bags that you couldn't tell what they were and they were exposed....ew . Also saw pizzas being served with very burnt shells.....
- Real Italian foodOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/14/2014Real Italian food..great! Very good pizza and amazing tiramisù!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- There are so many great wood-ovenSqwan01Dined on 2/8/2014There are so many great wood-oven pizza places in Vancouver. Bibo has now made it into my top two. YUM!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday dinner for a friendItaliansnobDined on 2/4/20143 of us went, ravioli was good, veal was not great at all, potatoes with the dish looked like frozen breakfast spuds and the gnocchi dish was only fair. Portions a bit small. I have had way better Italian food, sadly only in Calgary. Great house wine though.a Atmosphere was nice, not too loud.Special Features:
- no more BiboSecondDined on 1/28/2014I used to love the Bibo and took anyone there when I had the chance. It had been almost a year since I'd been there and it's changed for the worst. The menu has been simplified to the point that all of the delicious items have disappeared. The service was so/so. The ambiance was cheapened. I brought 3 new people to it and I was embarrassed. I won't be returning.
- The food was quite good butOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/24/2014The food was quite good but the slow service made it less enjoyable. We all ordered drinks but they took so long getting to us that only 1 person ordered another and it took a while also. The server did not ask if we enjoyed our appetizers or mains or if we needed anything throughout the meal. At the end of the dinner, we asked for a split bill. The server couldn't remember who had what and split the entire bill 3 ways which was completely disproportionate to what we all ate/drank.
- Food was good. Servers disinteresteOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/12/2014Food was good. Servers disinterested , lacked energy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bibo - looks good but...GremilDined on 1/9/2014we came to Bibo for pizza, as we heard controversial opinions about it and wanted to experience it ourselves. We were not delighted, pizza is soggy and not tasty, Dough is good as it should be, but made watery with wrong toppings.... It's a good pizza, but nothing more than that. Nicli is still the best one in town.Special Features:
- ChangedjoolieVIPDined on 1/3/2014Something has changed since we started frequenting this restaurant about 18 months ago. The pizza I ordered had a soggy crust and was not as visually appealing as previous pizzas I have enjoyed there. The melanzane alla parmigiana appetizer was oily, mushy, and unappetizing in appearance. The Caprese salad was mostly tomatoes and not much mozzarella. We have enjoyed lovely meals there in the past, but unfortunately we have taken this restaurant off our list of favourites.
- Went with my wife New Year'sFantasticDined on 12/31/2013Went with my wife New Year's Eve. I had chicken, she had beef fillet with gorgonzola sauce. My chicken was very tasty, but could have been juicer. My wife's meal was out-of-this-world FANTASTIC! The steak was done to perfection and the sauce was a dream! A bit of construction criticism here... The steak dinner really didn't 'look' very appealing for lack of color. Presentation really matters. It was served with cubed potatoes and cauliflower. It would have only taken a couple of carrot slices or green vegetable to make it look more appetizing. Aside from that we both thoroughly enjoyed the meal, and the service was the best we've ever experienced. We will definitely be back! 4.5 stars from us.Special Features:
- I have been a couple of timesVancouverGirlDined on 12/14/2013I have been a couple of times before and really loved it, both times sat a the bar. This time table service was really lacking and pasta just ok.Special Features:
- Bibo Fabulous to the Taste budsOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 12/8/2013We were a family group of 10. Everything everyone ate was fantastic - the pizzas, the eggs benny with home-baked bun, the pasta - it all tasted wonderful. Although there was only one other table filled on this Sunday lunch, it did take quite some time to get all 10 meals out - but it is a big group to deal with and the food was worth the wait. We had a lot of talking to do anyway!Special Features:
- Pizza Brazilian stylemaputo88Dined on 12/6/2013If you have ever lived in Sao Paulo or Rio de Janeiro, you know that the highest compliment I can pay to a restaurant specializing in pizza is that it would do well in either of those two cities. Really good food. Nice people looking after you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Impeccable Service!DennyBeeDined on 11/27/2013The service is what we would have expected if we were at a 5 Star Michelin establishment. I kid you not. I've been to the French Laundry, so yes - I know what spectacular service is. Our Server always kept our glasses full and our water decanter filled. The attention to detail was there. My favourite part? When he took our pizza away and put them in boxes, kept them in the kitchen for us so we could enjoy our conversation and not have to worry about takeaway containers on our table. It gets better. We paid the bill, put our jackets on. In the corner of my eye - I saw our Server make his way to the entrance with two pizza boxes in hand ready to hand them off to us - without mixing up our pizzas. Oh yes - the Pizza - It was DELICIOUS.Special Features:
- Very Good FoodJoe2929Dined on 11/9/2013The food was awesome, portions were perfect and the staff was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable every timedinner4twoDined on 10/25/2013We really enjoy having Bibo in our neighbourhood. The staff is lovely and we have had wonderful meals there. The atmosphere is warm and conducive to wine and conversation. I have some food allergies, and they are always respectful and helpful with my meal choices. The menu is unique with family recipes, it's not like every other Italian restaurant. I haven't noticed high chairs but families with older children would enjoy a special night out at Bibo.Special Features:
- I liked the pizza crust anddisappoitnedDined on 10/3/2013I liked the pizza crust and the bread. The salads were gravely lacking in taste. We ordered 2 salads and 3 pizzas. The pizzas also were lacking in taste. The marguerita pizza was very very bland. The pizza with the 4 sections was very disappointing. Why olives with pits? Why were the mushrooms served raw? There were too many anchovies. The one pizza with a little beef was in fact very nice.
- Go there for the PIZZAdjntDined on 8/25/2013.Have been to BiBo on many occasions as we love their pizza!!! It is delicious!! Most recently we went there for a birthday dinner on a Sunday night. It was very quiet which is unusual for BiBo, there were maximum 3 tables with people. Unfortunately this made the staff less attentive instead of more attentive. They were standing around talking and that is why I rated the service so low because this is not something you want to experience on your birthday. Otherwise the service was great on our previous visits and the pizza is amazing! Have only had the pasta once and it was not the best so I would recommend pizza over pasta.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ambience was great. ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/23/2013Ambience was great. Service was ok. Food was a little disappointing - heavy and not much flavor. A very popular place (was busy from the time I arrived til the time I left) but will not be returning. Expected a bit more from such a popular place and for the price point. Dessert was exceptional - best part of the meal.Special Features:
- Decent pizza, that's pretty much itDarcyVIPDined on 8/16/2013Felt like cafeteria inside. Pizza was just okay, nothing too special. Dough was not authentic by any means, just little too thick, sauce was fairly insipid. I mean it was okay, but I don't think I'd go there again.Special Features: