Texas de Brazil - Houston
822 Town & Country Blvd (City Centre)
Houston, TX 77024Neighborhood:
Brazilian SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
Texas de Brazil - Houston
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.texasdebrazil.com/
- Phone: 7137303013x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Friday: 11:00am - 2:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:30pm, Friday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Saturday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm; Brunch: Sunday: 12:00pm - 3:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Brazilian Steakhouse, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Evandro Caregnato
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Texas de Brazil catering is perfect for your special event-whether you are hosting a wedding, graduation, business event or family get together. Let our skilled gauchos bring the Churrasco rotisserie to your event to cook and assist guests with food service. Our catering packages are available in a self-serve fashion as well as with table-side service. Restrictions may apply. Please inquire with the restaurant directly for a catering menu or additional info.
- Private Party Facilities: Texas de Brazil has the perfect private and semi-private dining space to help make your special event unique and memorable. Each location is designed with an aesthetic that is apparent in all details, from lush and vibrant tropical floral arrangements and deep red walls to soaring ceilings enhanced with beautiful, rustic chandeliers and extravagant mirrors. Enriched with elements for all the senses, our amenities create an experience like no other and make Texas de Brazil a destination hot spot for all special occasions. Texas de Brazil Houston features two private dining rooms. The Infinity Room holds up to 12 guests and the Brazil room can accommodate 40 guests. Other resources, such as A/V equipment may also be available for rent. Please contact our knowledgeable event manager today to begin planning a remarkable event that is not soon to be forgotten!
- Private Party Contact: Melissa Hall 7137303013x
A word from Texas de Brazil - Houston
Texas de Brazil is carving out a new experience in fine dining. The restaurant is an authentic Brazilian-American “Churrascaria” or steakhouse that combines the cuisines of Southern Brazil with the generous spirit of Texas. Treat yourself to our 50-60 item gourmet salad area including appetizers, fresh vegetables, soups, and salads. Turn your place card to green and prepare to be swarmed by a troop of carvers generously serving various cuts of seasoned beef, lamb, pork, chicken and Brazilian sausage, all accompanied by traditional side items and house-baked Brazilian cheese bread. As your dining experience continues, let one of our in-house wine connoisseurs select the perfect pairing from our extensive, award-winning wine lists, or sip on a freshly-made signature cocktail-the Caipirinha. Complete your dining experience with one of our many decadent dessert selections, and then relax with an after-dinner drink or steaming espresso and enjoy the ambiance that is Texas de Brazil.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Texas de Brazil - Houston reviews from OpenTable diners
194 reviews since June 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (146)good for groups (97)romantic (61)fit for foodies (60)notable wine list (42)hot spot (40)neighborhood gem (22)great for lunch (20)late-night find (16)kid-friendly (15)scenic view (10)vibrant bar scene (10)great for brunch (8)great for outdoor dining (4)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/21/2014Could have come around with the meats a bit more frequently. Restaurant started clean-up and shut-down activities even though we were still dining.Special Features:
- Exceptional, unique and just funOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/19/2014Casual, relaxed yet very versatile to any upbeat occasion one could require. Unmatched, attentive service with dedicated, polite and eager to please staff. My party and I were impressed and delightedSpecial Features:
- Great experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/19/2014I took my parents here for their respective birthdays. Excellent service, excellent food! You have to remember to use your green/red card appropriately or the servers will continue to come to your table. We went for lunch on a Sunday and had no issues with a table of 6. Great service and they went above and beyond to make it a special occasion for my parents. Call ahead and indicate if it's a significant event. Natalia was our waitress (Super service and very personable).Special Features:
- Meat Lovers DreamUmmmmmmmmlambchopsDined on 10/18/2014This place has every succulent piece of meat you desire cook to perfection. Dress to impress!!Special Features:
- OverchargedMistralDined on 10/15/2014Family came in for dinner on a Thursday but still pretty busy. The same meats came repeatedly but my wife wished for the house special well done and tenderloin which seemed to not come. Even after asked for 4 times it still took a total of 35-40 minutes. By then the 4 other people were finished eating. Then we got the bill and was charged for 6 big bottles in addition to drinks which seemed a lot for to adults an three kids. Two were drinking water and when I told the waitress she claimed she refilled while we were at the salad bar. I am sure we didn't drink 3 bottles each in an hour. Food wise: the meats are not as good as fogo de chao but they have really good beef ribs which fogo lacks, good lobster bisque and sushi at the salad bar.Special Features:
- Nice placeebruDined on 10/15/2014I like the place very much. Unfortunately it was very loud. The places gives you sense of "I need to eat as much as I can, as fast as I cana, and I need to get our of here as soon as I can" type of feeling. Music is very loud and fast pace. Unles you know which meat you are after you tend to end up with more sausages and chicken then beef because those special meats don't make appearances as often as other ones. Waiters (meat servers) tend to pass small tables without noticing the cards green or red. It is VERY child friendly. Nicely decorated, exceptionally clean. Servers are at tentative and cheerful. Wine selection is good so does cocktails.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great. catered to usrbaustin3dDined on 10/14/2014best experience ever. food was top notch. generous servings. great for a special ocassion.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/12/2014A first class restaurant with superb food and ambiance highly recommended.Special Features:
- In loveInloveDined on 10/11/2014Evening out with my fiancé and dinner was amazing. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tute2812Dined on 10/11/2014Everything we ate was absolutely delicious! The service was impecable,the lobster bisque was great,this enjoyable place.I'd recommend it to enyone.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/9/2014Excellent service would recommend, management did a great job! Food good, salad exceptionalSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- KokoDined on 10/8/2014Two items: Noise level making it difficult for us to carry on a normal comversation and cold coffeeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very niceJoebDined on 10/4/2014Waiter was very good, attentive, pleasant. Food was very good, especially the bisque.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ASH73Dined on 10/4/2014Very good....impressive service and overwhelming amounts of delicious food!!!!!!!!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- impeccable serviceDetroitAngelDined on 10/3/2014I chose this restaurant in honor of my husband's birthday, and they delivered. The service was impeccable as well as the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/3/2014Excellent service,tasty food & salad bar and price is reasonable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great MealValentinesVIPDined on 9/28/2014I am a meat lover and this is a perfect place for me because I can sample so many different kinds of meat. My family love this place. The Picanha is my favorite beef cut but this last time I had the beef rib and it was so flavorful and melted in my mouth.. Wonderful!!Special Features:
- Great foodBernieDined on 9/28/2014The Veg. bar is very good. I love the lamb chops and leg of lamp. The beef was very good too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was average at best.AshdivaDined on 9/27/2014A little disappointed in the salad bar compared to Fugo de Chao. The meat was just average. It was very over priced for what you get.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday BlunderBirthdayBlogDined on 9/21/2014I am a 'online member' and had received a $25 off gift certificate to celebrate my Birthday. The certificate specifically mentioned it was to be taken off the meal (not liquor or salad bar only and only on specific days). At the end of the meal, which by the way was not as good as expected (greasy ribs and dry chicken and pork), the waiter offered me a free dessert for my Birthday. He then retracted the offer when we showed him our $25 off gift certificate and said it was one or the other... the desserts ranged from $8 to $10 dollars! REALLY! You just lost me as a 'member'.
- Great Brazilian SteakhouseFitFoodieDined on 9/20/2014It was my first time trying it out and everything was great. The meats were cooked excellently and they asked us several times if there was anything we'd like to try or season the meats differently. They also had lamb chops and lamb leg as meats so if you love lamb like I do you'll enjoy that. All in all it was a great Brazilian steakhouse and the only thing I've tried before that I'd love to see in more Brazilian steakhouse, including this one, would be grilled cinnamon and sugar covered pineapple added to the menu. Although at least here they had herb covered thinly sliced pineapple at the salad station so that's something.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great PlacedoxieDined on 9/14/2014Food was fantastic. Service was great too. Very friendly staff.Special Features:
- Temperature Violationdevonia58Dined on 9/11/2014The only complaint about Texas de Brazil was temperature of soup and sides. Luke warm is NOT good for Lobster Bisque - which would have been above average is on temperature. The chaffing dish sides as a whole were in need of 20 degrees up take. Otherwise, the restaurant was very nice indeed. Some meats on the salty side but very tasty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ResturantTexascoupleDined on 9/6/2014I recently went to Texas de Brazil for my one year anniversary. Everything was great. The only complaint I have, is all the good was so delicious, I couldn't stop eating. A rose was given to my wife in honor of our anniversary as we left also. Unforgettable experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious, abundant foodCPG5Dined on 9/6/2014We had party of 7 dinner on a Saturday evening. The reservations were so easy to make on-line. We were greeted by the hostesses as soon as we walked in the door. We waited a few minutes before being seated as we were a little early. Upon being seated, our waitress got our drink orders and invited us to visit the salad bar. The salad bar was clean, no dribbles of food on countertop. The selection was plentiful. The main course meats were all cooked to perfection. We didn't eat much of the sides that accompanied the meal-- didn't want to waste stomach space! It was a wonderful evening of good eats. Our only complaint was how noisy it was in there. We couldn't converse with others at our table without speaking very loudly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a Houston treasureMartiDined on 9/6/2014The service is prompt, and staff is very friendly. Salad bar is beyond anyone's' expectations and food is great. A great place to celebrate special occasions. Located in City Centre, a good place to walk after a great meal.Special Features:
- Recent diningLarsDined on 9/6/2014Went for our anniversary. Good food, good ambience. Ordered an old fashion and found 4 cherry stems in the bottom of my drink, cherry should be de-stemmed before going in the glass for a dl drink like this.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2001VIPDined on 9/6/2014Overall we enjoyed our first experience here. The service was really exceptional from start to finish. We tried something like 10 meats and it was fun to see what would come around next. Only one thing made me give 4 stars instead of 5 -- almost all of the meat was overly salty. And this is coming from someone who constantly craves salty food and loves salt more than anything else. The meat was still edible and quite tasty as long as you like salt. But they could probably tone that down a bit.
- Amazing!!NessaDined on 9/6/2014Texas de Brazil At City centre in Houston has the most amazing service. From the Manager (Melissa) to the hostess to the bartender to the waiter (Juan)!! Best meal ever and they all made my date with my love soooo romantic and so much more special. God bless all of them!!❤️🙏Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First and LastINGATDined on 9/5/2014Waitress not well informed. Happy hour only at bar, not so. Needed manager's assistance to get this straightened out. Salad bar seemed lacking and without pizzaz. Meat was all luke warm and without much flavor, perhaps because I'm comparing with a great similar restaurant in Houston (FDC). Had a certificate that included a free birthday dessert but they charged me anyway. Overall restaurant lighting too dim and décor more fit for a cabaret, too gaudy.
- Delicious. Come Hungry !katieDined on 9/3/2014good food ( a little too salty on some of the meats ), good service, delicious salad bar. Christian was a super waiter and lovely accent. the overall noise level in the restaurant to not conducive to across-the-table-conversation. Too noisy. a super value during restaurant week, otherwise a bit pricey at $48.00/personSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pretty QualityDjstolerDined on 8/31/2014Salad bar was great. Beef and lamb were superb but the chicken and sausages I had were lackluster (which has been my experience with all Brazilian steakhouses I've been to). Wine suggestion could have been better. I really enjoyed the inside decor and our waitress was friendly and checked on us frequently.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Horrible WaiterAttorneyWife87Dined on 8/30/2014I came out for the weekend to surprise my husband for the weekend and his birthday! The food was amazing and so was the atmosphere! Our waiter, on the other hand was horrible and very arrogant and rude!! He made several comments to us - to name a few were " let me guess - you guys are paying with quarters tonight?" " you guys are awkward" when I said I didn't want sparkling water he said " oh you want sink water? Coming right up" That is just a few examples ... I was very offended and upset with the way he treated us. He did not get a tip. I seriously cannot believe that a guy like that actually is allowed to work with he public. Very offended - probably won't be going back because of this reason.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent first visit!DatDud3Dined on 8/30/2014I had some friends visiting from out of town, and since none of us had been to a Brazilian steak house, we thought we'd try out this place. Boy, am I glad we did! Excellent food and service, and all the meat you can eat!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Meat and more meatElissashelDined on 8/30/2014Delicious! Impeccable service and absolutely scrumptious meats. Lamb and filet are to die for!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thank you for a romantic date nightDrOsudeDined on 8/30/2014The food was delicious. The atmosphere was beautiful and so was the service. I honestly have no complaints what so ever.Special Features:
- Discriminate GormetConnoisseurDined on 8/30/2014Everything was excellent!! The variety of foods from Sushi, Salmon, and salads, etc. to the fantastic cuts of beef, pork, lamb, and Chicken were excellent.Special Features:
- Great place to eatOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014I found this eating experience to be very special. We were greeted in a warm and professional manner. The waiter( Anthony) provided truly outstanding service and was extremely attentive to our needs. The servers were extremely accommodating. The entire experience was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great date night.sweetsimpleangeDined on 8/29/2014The food was delicious. Our waiter peter was great. I'll definitely be returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food, Service was LakingOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/29/2014The salad bar and meats are exceptional but, Our waiter didn't get our drink order right 3 times and left dirty dishes on our table between courses. Our coffee was served cold and the manager had to displace our waiter and take care of us himself.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.