Texas de Brazil - Houston
822 Town & Country Blvd (City Centre)
Houston, TX 77024Neighborhood:
Brazilian SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
Texas de Brazil - Houston
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.texasdebrazil.com/
- Phone: 7137303013x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Friday: 11:00am - 2:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:30pm, Friday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Saturday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm; Brunch: Sunday: 12:00pm - 3:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Brazilian Steakhouse, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Evandro Caregnato
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Texas de Brazil catering is perfect for your special event-whether you are hosting a wedding, graduation, business event or family get together. Let our skilled gauchos bring the Churrasco rotisserie to your event to cook and assist guests with food service. Our catering packages are available in a self-serve fashion as well as with table-side service. Restrictions may apply. Please inquire with the restaurant directly for a catering menu or additional info.
- Private Party Facilities: Texas de Brazil has the perfect private and semi-private dining space to help make your special event unique and memorable. Each location is designed with an aesthetic that is apparent in all details, from lush and vibrant tropical floral arrangements and deep red walls to soaring ceilings enhanced with beautiful, rustic chandeliers and extravagant mirrors. Enriched with elements for all the senses, our amenities create an experience like no other and make Texas de Brazil a destination hot spot for all special occasions. Texas de Brazil Houston features two private dining rooms. The Infinity Room holds up to 12 guests and the Brazil room can accommodate 40 guests. Other resources, such as A/V equipment may also be available for rent. Please contact our knowledgeable event manager today to begin planning a remarkable event that is not soon to be forgotten!
- Private Party Contact: Melissa Hall 7137303013x
A word from Texas de Brazil - Houston
Texas de Brazil is carving out a new experience in fine dining. The restaurant is an authentic Brazilian-American “Churrascaria” or steakhouse that combines the cuisines of Southern Brazil with the generous spirit of Texas. Treat yourself to our 50-60 item gourmet salad area including appetizers, fresh vegetables, soups, and salads. Turn your place card to green and prepare to be swarmed by a troop of carvers generously serving various cuts of seasoned beef, lamb, pork, chicken and Brazilian sausage, all accompanied by traditional side items and house-baked Brazilian cheese bread. As your dining experience continues, let one of our in-house wine connoisseurs select the perfect pairing from our extensive, award-winning wine lists, or sip on a freshly-made signature cocktail-the Caipirinha. Complete your dining experience with one of our many decadent dessert selections, and then relax with an after-dinner drink or steaming espresso and enjoy the ambiance that is Texas de Brazil.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Texas de Brazil - Houston reviews from OpenTable diners
170 reviews since May 20, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (130)good for groups (81)romantic (57)fit for foodies (52)notable wine list (35)hot spot (33)neighborhood gem (22)great for lunch (18)kid-friendly (17)late-night find (15)great for brunch (7)vibrant bar scene (7)scenic view (6)great for outdoor dining (3)Show More
- Great PlaceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/14/2014Food was fantastic. Service was great too. Very friendly staff.Special Features:
- Temperature Violationdevonia58Dined on 9/11/2014The only complaint about Texas de Brazil was temperature of soup and sides. Luke warm is NOT good for Lobster Bisque - which would have been above average is on temperature. The chaffing dish sides as a whole were in need of 20 degrees up take. Otherwise, the restaurant was very nice indeed. Some meats on the salty side but very tasty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ResturantTexascoupleDined on 9/6/2014I recently went to Texas de Brazil for my one year anniversary. Everything was great. The only complaint I have, is all the good was so delicious, I couldn't stop eating. A rose was given to my wife in honor of our anniversary as we left also. Unforgettable experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious, abundant foodCPG5Dined on 9/6/2014We had party of 7 dinner on a Saturday evening. The reservations were so easy to make on-line. We were greeted by the hostesses as soon as we walked in the door. We waited a few minutes before being seated as we were a little early. Upon being seated, our waitress got our drink orders and invited us to visit the salad bar. The salad bar was clean, no dribbles of food on countertop. The selection was plentiful. The main course meats were all cooked to perfection. We didn't eat much of the sides that accompanied the meal-- didn't want to waste stomach space! It was a wonderful evening of good eats. Our only complaint was how noisy it was in there. We couldn't converse with others at our table without speaking very loudly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a Houston treasureMartiDined on 9/6/2014The service is prompt, and staff is very friendly. Salad bar is beyond anyone's' expectations and food is great. A great place to celebrate special occasions. Located in City Centre, a good place to walk after a great meal.Special Features:
- Recent diningLarsDined on 9/6/2014Went for our anniversary. Good food, good ambience. Ordered an old fashion and found 4 cherry stems in the bottom of my drink, cherry should be de-stemmed before going in the glass for a dl drink like this.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2001VIPDined on 9/6/2014Overall we enjoyed our first experience here. The service was really exceptional from start to finish. We tried something like 10 meats and it was fun to see what would come around next. Only one thing made me give 4 stars instead of 5 -- almost all of the meat was overly salty. And this is coming from someone who constantly craves salty food and loves salt more than anything else. The meat was still edible and quite tasty as long as you like salt. But they could probably tone that down a bit.
- Amazing!!NessaDined on 9/6/2014Texas de Brazil At City centre in Houston has the most amazing service. From the Manager (Melissa) to the hostess to the bartender to the waiter (Juan)!! Best meal ever and they all made my date with my love soooo romantic and so much more special. God bless all of them!!❤️🙏Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First and LastINGATDined on 9/5/2014Waitress not well informed. Happy hour only at bar, not so. Needed manager's assistance to get this straightened out. Salad bar seemed lacking and without pizzaz. Meat was all luke warm and without much flavor, perhaps because I'm comparing with a great similar restaurant in Houston (FDC). Had a certificate that included a free birthday dessert but they charged me anyway. Overall restaurant lighting too dim and décor more fit for a cabaret, too gaudy.
- Delicious. Come Hungry !katieDined on 9/3/2014good food ( a little too salty on some of the meats ), good service, delicious salad bar. Christian was a super waiter and lovely accent. the overall noise level in the restaurant to not conducive to across-the-table-conversation. Too noisy. a super value during restaurant week, otherwise a bit pricey at $48.00/personSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pretty QualityDjstolerDined on 8/31/2014Salad bar was great. Beef and lamb were superb but the chicken and sausages I had were lackluster (which has been my experience with all Brazilian steakhouses I've been to). Wine suggestion could have been better. I really enjoyed the inside decor and our waitress was friendly and checked on us frequently.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Horrible WaiterAttorneyWife87Dined on 8/30/2014I came out for the weekend to surprise my husband for the weekend and his birthday! The food was amazing and so was the atmosphere! Our waiter, on the other hand was horrible and very arrogant and rude!! He made several comments to us - to name a few were " let me guess - you guys are paying with quarters tonight?" " you guys are awkward" when I said I didn't want sparkling water he said " oh you want sink water? Coming right up" That is just a few examples ... I was very offended and upset with the way he treated us. He did not get a tip. I seriously cannot believe that a guy like that actually is allowed to work with he public. Very offended - probably won't be going back because of this reason.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent first visit!DatDud3Dined on 8/30/2014I had some friends visiting from out of town, and since none of us had been to a Brazilian steak house, we thought we'd try out this place. Boy, am I glad we did! Excellent food and service, and all the meat you can eat!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Meat and more meatElissashelDined on 8/30/2014Delicious! Impeccable service and absolutely scrumptious meats. Lamb and filet are to die for!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thank you for a romantic date nightDrOsudeDined on 8/30/2014The food was delicious. The atmosphere was beautiful and so was the service. I honestly have no complaints what so ever.Special Features:
- Discriminate GormetConnoisseurDined on 8/30/2014Everything was excellent!! The variety of foods from Sushi, Salmon, and salads, etc. to the fantastic cuts of beef, pork, lamb, and Chicken were excellent.Special Features:
- Great place to eatOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014I found this eating experience to be very special. We were greeted in a warm and professional manner. The waiter( Anthony) provided truly outstanding service and was extremely attentive to our needs. The servers were extremely accommodating. The entire experience was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great date night.sweetsimpleangeDined on 8/29/2014The food was delicious. Our waiter peter was great. I'll definitely be returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food, Service was LakingOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/29/2014The salad bar and meats are exceptional but, Our waiter didn't get our drink order right 3 times and left dirty dishes on our table between courses. Our coffee was served cold and the manager had to displace our waiter and take care of us himself.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not just beefLarissaVIPDined on 8/29/2014Most people think of a these churrascarias as focusing on beef, and while there were many excellent beef selections, the pork, chicken and lamb were equally good and should not be passed up. The salad bar is great, side dishes are yummy, and the noise level was not overwhelming. It was our first time here, we took the risk during Houston Restaurant Weeks, but we will be back.Special Features:
- Birthday DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/26/2014This was our second visit to this restaurant. We were there for my son's birthday this year as well as last year. The hostesses were great the food servers were great, the actual server, who handles beverages and requests was lacking. Very slow. We found ourselves waiting for him to come by for any needs we had. We had to ask to have our drinks refilled repeatedly. He started out so well and went downhill during the course of the meal. Interestingly enough, we had the exact same problem last year, but a different server. Maybe its a management issue. Food is great. Not a romantic place.-Go to Chama Gaucha for a quieter more romantic Brazilian dinner. Texas is very busy and loud.Special Features:
- YumEmersons62Dined on 8/23/2014I was very pleased with the service. Not as happy with some of the meats. Someone was pretty heavy-handed with the salt on most of the beef that we tried. And one person at the table requested medium well beef, and never got it! However, everything else was fantastic!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Solid.EbonyDined on 8/22/2014Not as great as Chama but good experience. Some of the meats were salty and the waiter was a little slow. The lobster bisque, au gratin, and goat cheese at the salad bar were awesome. But again, Chama is really the gold standard. We came for restaurant week and they tried to charge us full price. Easily fixed. Nice decor but really loud at times.Special Features:
- The food was great but...Jayluck03Dined on 8/22/2014We arrived at around 8:00 for our reservation. We were celebrating what would have been my uncle & aunt's 54th wedding anniversary. The restaurant is beautiful & even though it was packed you still had room to move. My only complaint was we had to wait for the service for ever until a manager saw us just sitting there. He immediately got on it & out they came with an assortment of meat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely!Kristinhd3Dined on 8/21/2014This was our first visit here, courtesy of Houston Restaurant Weeks, but definitely not our last.Special Features:
- WenzenDined on 8/20/2014I had a good experience. the food was good. the customer service was awesome.Special Features:
- Excellent as always!!!!DavyDined on 8/20/2014I have never been disappointed with the food or service. Every time the experience is amazing, it is what we have come to expect from them.Special Features:
- MimiDined on 8/17/2014The food here was awesome. Loved the selection of all the meats. All the people that work there were very nice and friendly. Would definitely go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CelebrationmouserDined on 8/17/2014We celebrated our 44th wedding anniversary dinner thereSpecial Features:
- Great Food, Service Not So MuchHoustonNewHeartDined on 8/15/2014When we walked in both attendants were on the phone for 3-4 minutes. We were seated and told our waitress that we came for Restaurant Week deal as our reservation noted. Another waitress came soon after with our drinks (ordered with other waitress). She told us about salad bar, and main entree. No issues, other than having to ask for our second round of drinks twice. No biggie. She brought a selection of desserts. After our meal, we noticed we were charged fill price plus separately for our desserts. We explained what happened and were not given adjustments for another 20 minutes, after 3 receipt printouts and 3 discussions with management. It ruined our night to have her keep coming to our table and not fix the issue immediately.Special Features:
- great restaurantjazzy22Dined on 8/13/2014Texas De Brazil has the best steaks I've ever had! The salad bar it's amazing and there is just not enough room to try all of their food that they offer so we went back and took along the family that same week to the location in Dallas. Overall it was an amazing experience and everything I had was extremely delicious. The absolutley only thing I did not enjoy was the lamb, but that may be just my taste buds.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderlandDateDined on 8/13/2014THIS place is the ideal romantic scene you see in the movies. Just go. Everything was perfect. Definitely will impress your date and make a night to remember.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Texas De Brazil a delight!LunchingwithfamilyDined on 8/13/2014Ask for Rachel. She will take really good care of you. We were pleased to find a place that could make caiparanhas almost as good as ours at home. The size of the dining area is just right to keep the noise level at moderate. Try the lobster bisque! We really enjoyed our visit and would willingly and gladly return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/12/2014Overall expwrience was very good. We had enjoyed even more if the noise level was lower and we could have a good conversation without yelling.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Meat, meat, meat ... And salad barDchanDined on 8/12/2014Texas deBrazil is a celebration of meat. Men wandering about offering freshly cooked portions of pork, beef, chicken, and lamb, as much as you like direct to your table. Also, a generous salad bar offers great and unique selections of salad fixin's, cheeses and peppers. Paired with a bottle of wine, not a bad outing for a special occasion!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good meatBernieDined on 8/11/2014I love the lamb chops and lamb shank. The salad bar is great too. The mushrooms and sauce is all you need for the flavor to the meat.Special Features:
- Great for a group!sir1Dined on 8/10/2014Great lively atmosphere if you want to talk a lot with a group. Nice ambiance but might be a bit loud for a one on one date. The food was outstanding! We could have eaten just the salad bar but ended up trying just about every meat that came our way. Will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/10/2014Texas de Brazil was recommended to me by another foodie friend. This restaurant became an instant favorite. Everyone, from the hostess to the manager made sure that I was taken care of. The scenery is very nice and the food was amazing. I plan to frequent this restaurant.Special Features:
- Cost vs valueBrunchlackingDined on 8/10/2014Not worth the extra charge for Sunday brunch. Suggest save and only do lunch here for quality of food you get. Worth $29 that's it.Special Features:
- It was okayGAO02Dined on 8/9/2014My boyfriend wanted to go to Texas de Brazil for his birthday. I would have preferred to go to Capitol Grille. The waiters were not educated on the wine list. They had to ask the manager twice. The service was okay. We have to get up twice and ask for them to pick up our plates. Then, I was so surprised that there was an 11 year old girl soliciting in restaurant. She was asking us to buy $5 chocolate bars. I wouldn't go back to this Brazilian steakhouse. I would go to Fogo de Chao instead.Special Features: