Texas de Brazil - Houston
822 Town & Country Blvd (City Centre)
Houston, TX 77024Neighborhood:
Brazilian SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
Texas de Brazil - Houston
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.texasdebrazil.com/
- Phone: (713) 730-3013
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Friday: 11:00am - 2:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:30pm, Friday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Saturday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm; Brunch: Sunday: 12:00pm - 3:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Brazilian Steakhouse, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Evandro Caregnato
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Texas de Brazil catering is perfect for your special event-whether you are hosting a wedding, graduation, business event or family get together. Let our skilled gauchos bring the Churrasco rotisserie to your event to cook and assist guests with food service. Our catering packages are available in a self-serve fashion as well as with table-side service. Restrictions may apply. Please inquire with the restaurant directly for a catering menu or additional info.
- Private Party Facilities: Texas de Brazil has the perfect private and semi-private dining space to help make your special event unique and memorable. Each location is designed with an aesthetic that is apparent in all details, from lush and vibrant tropical floral arrangements and deep red walls to soaring ceilings enhanced with beautiful, rustic chandeliers and extravagant mirrors. Enriched with elements for all the senses, our amenities create an experience like no other and make Texas de Brazil a destination hot spot for all special occasions. Texas de Brazil Houston features two private dining rooms. The Infinity Room holds up to 12 guests and the Brazil room can accommodate 40 guests. Other resources, such as A/V equipment may also be available for rent. Please contact our knowledgeable event manager today to begin planning a remarkable event that is not soon to be forgotten!
- Private Party Contact: Melissa Hall 7137303013x
A word from Texas de Brazil - Houston
Texas de Brazil is carving out a new experience in fine dining. The restaurant is an authentic Brazilian-American “Churrascaria” or steakhouse that combines the cuisines of Southern Brazil with the generous spirit of Texas. Treat yourself to our 50-60 item gourmet salad area including appetizers, fresh vegetables, soups, and salads. Turn your place card to green and prepare to be swarmed by a troop of carvers generously serving various cuts of seasoned beef, lamb, pork, chicken and Brazilian sausage, all accompanied by traditional side items and house-baked Brazilian cheese bread. As your dining experience continues, let one of our in-house wine connoisseurs select the perfect pairing from our extensive, award-winning wine lists, or sip on a freshly-made signature cocktail-the Caipirinha. Complete your dining experience with one of our many decadent dessert selections, and then relax with an after-dinner drink or steaming espresso and enjoy the ambiance that is Texas de Brazil.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Texas de Brazil - Houston reviews from OpenTable diners
202 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (153)good for groups (107)fit for foodies (71)romantic (69)notable wine list (43)hot spot (42)neighborhood gem (22)kid-friendly (20)great for lunch (20)late-night find (17)scenic view (14)vibrant bar scene (13)great for brunch (9)great for outdoor dining (8)Show More
- Not Like the Churrascaria in Belem, Brazil.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/22/2014I lived in Belem Brazil back in early 80's with my Dad (oil field). They had 5 Churrascaria's and all were great. The best was a large outside covered dining and cost the least. I lived there for 1 year, ate there all the time with my Dad and his co-workers most of the time. I don't think we spent as much in a year feeding 4 to 6 people as I spent with my wife and 2 kids in 1 meal. It's good, but some meats were dry, others tough. If I'm going to shell out that kind of green, I'll go to "Taste of Texas" or "Ruth Chris". One other note: In Belem they served Cupim, it's the hump from the Brahman Bull, fatty, but so good.Special Features:
- Excellent ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/22/2014Great food, great ambiance, and some of the best service we've ever experienced!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- equal or better to other brazilian steakhousesLarissaVIPDined on 11/15/2014We tried them during Houston restaurant month and thought it was quite good - so we came back. We've been to Fogo, Nelore, Chauma Gaucha and other similar and they are equal if not better. Salad bar is terrific, meat in outstanding, and service was friendly without being overly so. We don't live near them, so they won't be on our regular circuit, but worth a trip to west Houston.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Reliably great foodTheMockingbirdDined on 11/11/2014We always enjoy dining at Texas de Brazil. Outstanding salad bar and great meats. I love the black bean soup/side and can never get enough of the bananas. Waitress saw to it that we never ran out of the bananas. Beef tenderloin was terrific. We took advantage of their Veteran's Day special this year and took visiting relatives along with us. They also thought food and service was great! Only downside was the noise level in the full restaurant made conversation nearly impossible. None the less, we'll come back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for meat loversMsYuwenDined on 11/11/2014Service is always amazing. Good meat selection. This is our go - to place in city centre.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My coworkers and I had an amazing time at TDB!! A+eddietDined on 11/11/2014We were seated and served right away. We were never left without food or drinks on our table until we didn't want care for more! The ambiance was great and the manager came by to our table to make sure our experience was going well. I am definitely going there again. My coworkers and I had a pleasant experience!!Special Features:
- Great Brazilian steakhouse.critic101Dined on 11/11/2014Always great service and food quality is always superb. Excellent choices on meatt cutsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good All You Can Eat FooddavyslalaDined on 11/11/2014Had a nice meal. this was a 1st visit for my husband. I passed on the pork & chicken, both were too dry on my last visit but my husband had a servings, they were both still way too dry. Everything else was good, wonderful salad bar with quality ingredients & the Lobster Bisque is out of this world good. My only complaint, I received an email offering a fabulous value of 50% off on Veterans Day. When the bill came it was for the full price; had to get the manager & tell him we wanted the Vets Day 50% off, he asked if I had a copy of my email--as there was no mention on the email that I needed to bring a copy or even mention the add, bill was adjusted to 50% off, guess everyone else paid full price!Special Features:
- Fantastic service and foodPamelaDined on 11/10/2014The staff was attentive and the food was incredibleSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Texas de BrazilDining4twoDined on 11/9/2014The dining experience was great, the food was delicious and the service was excellent. I would definitely recommend them to anyone. It was my first time here and I will definitely return in the near future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/7/2014This was my first time dining here which I've never had the opportunity to go to such a restaurant. It was absolutely amazing. Hope to go again very soon.Special Features:
- Made our Anniversary more Special!CMartinezDined on 11/7/2014We selected this restaurant to celebrate our 5th wedding anniversary. We love Fogo's, but wanted to select somewhere similar that was closer to our home in Katy. Upon arrival, we were asked if we were there for a special occasion. Since we were, we were offered either free champagne or dessert, which I thought was nice. The restaurant was nicely done and the lights were very dim. Service was outstanding and the food was great too. I eat well done meat and they made the meat cook to order for me! The lobster bisque was very good. We choose a dessert and was brought to us with a candle and "Happy Anniversary" written in chocolate around the plate, which I thought was very sweet. We made a good choice to celebrate there!Special Features:
- If you can get there ... eat wellspinedocDined on 11/4/2014very difficult to park, especially for older people; even harder to find the place if unfamiliar with west Houston; restaurant theme a little too modern for my taste, but that didn't interfere with my appetite; great food as always from T de BSpecial Features:
- GREAT PLACEDees1stluvDined on 11/2/2014I fell in love at the door! !! Overall, one word, EXCELLENT! !!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Okay,but pricey for fair waiter srvAustinTXMeatLuvrDined on 10/31/2014This was my first time going to a Brazilian Steakhouse. They were not busy at all. There was approximately 10 customers. My disappointment started with the waiter. It took him about 15 minutes to greet us, another 15 minutes to get us our drinks (which was just water at first), too long to get to us to refill our drinks, I asked him to bring me an extra plate and he never did, and then he stood very close by us waiting to get our payments. The lamb's seasoning tasted like how brand new plastic smells, parmesan pork was dry, as well as the flank steak. The positive: the food servers were very attentive & polite, the waiter was very polite, and the key lime pie/filet minion/tropical cream dream dessert martini were the best!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We Love Eating HereMamaJVIPDined on 10/26/2014My Husband and I love eating at Texas De Brazil. Our favorite meat is the Beef Ribs.... they are to die for.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good TimecoolnumbersDined on 10/25/2014Great time. It was my wife's first visit and it was her birthday. The staff was great as was the food. I wish I could get cuts of beef like that for my own grill.Special Features:
- Great experienceMas1989Dined on 10/22/2014This place is awesome! I would recommend this place for any event you have coming up or just a night out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/21/2014Could have come around with the meats a bit more frequently. Restaurant started clean-up and shut-down activities even though we were still dining.Special Features:
- Nope!evvivalapappaDined on 10/21/2014Looking for alternatives but this one did not make the cut... Bar tender did not know how to prepare a straight-up vodka; salad bar selection is dismal at best, the bread/cheese balls are counted to a minimum each time they are served, ditto for the sides with the meats (2 bananas for 2 people, 4 cheeseballs, and a small dish of mash potatoes, no rice. Lobster bisque was cream, butter, flavor, and lots of salt. We did not dive even into our salad that the meat servers came over despite the red up cards. They come in with all the cheaper meats first (parmesan crusted chicken and sausages) and only later the better meats. All meats were too seasoned with the same seasoning to really taste the meat and fairly hard to chew.Special Features:
- Exceptional, unique and just funflyboyDined on 10/19/2014Casual, relaxed yet very versatile to any upbeat occasion one could require. Unmatched, attentive service with dedicated, polite and eager to please staff. My party and I were impressed and delightedSpecial Features:
- Great experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/19/2014I took my parents here for their respective birthdays. Excellent service, excellent food! You have to remember to use your green/red card appropriately or the servers will continue to come to your table. We went for lunch on a Sunday and had no issues with a table of 6. Great service and they went above and beyond to make it a special occasion for my parents. Call ahead and indicate if it's a significant event. Natalia was our waitress (Super service and very personable).Special Features:
- Meat Lovers DreamUmmmmmmmmlambchopsDined on 10/18/2014This place has every succulent piece of meat you desire cook to perfection. Dress to impress!!Special Features:
- OverchargedMistralDined on 10/15/2014Family came in for dinner on a Thursday but still pretty busy. The same meats came repeatedly but my wife wished for the house special well done and tenderloin which seemed to not come. Even after asked for 4 times it still took a total of 35-40 minutes. By then the 4 other people were finished eating. Then we got the bill and was charged for 6 big bottles in addition to drinks which seemed a lot for to adults an three kids. Two were drinking water and when I told the waitress she claimed she refilled while we were at the salad bar. I am sure we didn't drink 3 bottles each in an hour. Food wise: the meats are not as good as fogo de chao but they have really good beef ribs which fogo lacks, good lobster bisque and sushi at the salad bar.Special Features:
- Nice placeebruDined on 10/15/2014I like the place very much. Unfortunately it was very loud. The places gives you sense of "I need to eat as much as I can, as fast as I cana, and I need to get our of here as soon as I can" type of feeling. Music is very loud and fast pace. Unles you know which meat you are after you tend to end up with more sausages and chicken then beef because those special meats don't make appearances as often as other ones. Waiters (meat servers) tend to pass small tables without noticing the cards green or red. It is VERY child friendly. Nicely decorated, exceptionally clean. Servers are at tentative and cheerful. Wine selection is good so does cocktails.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great. catered to usrbaustin3dVIPDined on 10/14/2014best experience ever. food was top notch. generous servings. great for a special ocassion.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/12/2014A first class restaurant with superb food and ambiance highly recommended.Special Features:
- In loveInloveDined on 10/11/2014Evening out with my fiancé and dinner was amazing. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tute2812Dined on 10/11/2014Everything we ate was absolutely delicious! The service was impecable,the lobster bisque was great,this enjoyable place.I'd recommend it to enyone.Special Features:
- 28 Year AnniversaryMsYuwenDined on 10/10/2014We went here to celebrate my parent's 28 wedding anniversary. The service was great and we all enjoyed ourselves.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/9/2014Excellent service would recommend, management did a great job! Food good, salad exceptionalSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- KokoDined on 10/8/2014Two items: Noise level making it difficult for us to carry on a normal comversation and cold coffeeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very niceJoebDined on 10/4/2014Waiter was very good, attentive, pleasant. Food was very good, especially the bisque.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ASH73Dined on 10/4/2014Very good....impressive service and overwhelming amounts of delicious food!!!!!!!!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- impeccable serviceDetroitAngelDined on 10/3/2014I chose this restaurant in honor of my husband's birthday, and they delivered. The service was impeccable as well as the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/3/2014Excellent service,tasty food & salad bar and price is reasonable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great MealValentinesVIPDined on 9/28/2014I am a meat lover and this is a perfect place for me because I can sample so many different kinds of meat. My family love this place. The Picanha is my favorite beef cut but this last time I had the beef rib and it was so flavorful and melted in my mouth.. Wonderful!!Special Features:
- Great foodBernieDined on 9/28/2014The Veg. bar is very good. I love the lamb chops and leg of lamp. The beef was very good too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was average at best.AshdivaDined on 9/27/2014A little disappointed in the salad bar compared to Fugo de Chao. The meat was just average. It was very over priced for what you get.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday BlunderBirthdayBlogDined on 9/21/2014I am a 'online member' and had received a $25 off gift certificate to celebrate my Birthday. The certificate specifically mentioned it was to be taken off the meal (not liquor or salad bar only and only on specific days). At the end of the meal, which by the way was not as good as expected (greasy ribs and dry chicken and pork), the waiter offered me a free dessert for my Birthday. He then retracted the offer when we showed him our $25 off gift certificate and said it was one or the other... the desserts ranged from $8 to $10 dollars! REALLY! You just lost me as a 'member'.