65 East Adams
Chicago, IL 60603Neighborhood:
Downtown / Loop
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.tesorichicago.com/
- Phone: 3127869911x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday at 11:00 a.m.
Monday - Sunday at 4:30 p.m.
Bar & Lounge
Monday - Friday at 11:00 a.m.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Wine Bar, Pizzeria
- Executive Chef: Chef Andrew Deuel
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Special Events: Hosting a party? Whether you're planning an intimate gathering or a festive reception we have the ideal space to create a memorable experience for your occasion.
Our culinary team can craft menus in the style of your event, or you may select one of our pre-set options. Guests will enjoy sipping hand-crafted cocktails with the urban backdrop of tesori’s patio, while the restaurant, lounge and private dining room create a casual, yet vibrant atmosphere for any size party.
A word from tesori
Chef Andrew Deuel is at the helm bringing Italian-inspired cuisine and global wines to this new neighborhood spot in the loop.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
tesori reviews from OpenTable diners
139 reviews since June 4, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (56)special occasion (45)great for lunch (41)neighborhood gem (35)good for groups (33)romantic (25)notable wine list (17)late-night find (15)vibrant bar scene (9)scenic view (9)great for outdoor dining (7)hot spot (4)great for brunch (4)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Hidden Gem!MyOpinionDined on 9/25/2014I had never seen or heard of Tesori and tried it with a couple of girlfriends. It has a beautiful interior with gorgeous woodwork and tiled floors. There is a side yard with trees. The food was fantastic! Our server was very helpful in explaining the menu and led us to some terrific salads. Several of us had the beet salad which compared to many restaurants was large enough as an entree. It was terrific. We split a couple of desserts including a teramisu that was heavenly. I would recommend this restaurant for lunch or dinner after going to the Art Institute or even for a business lunch. It is conveniently located near Grant Park Garage, the El and the Loop. I would love to go back for dinner and sit at the beautiful bar next time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was mediocre at bestmelsea0379Dined on 9/23/2014The restaurant itself was very charming and very convenient door the Chicago Symphony Theatre, however the service for getting our food out was extremely slow. I had the chicken, and it was terribly dried out. My friend had the lasagna and liked it. The manager did come over however and apologize and removed the item from the bill. I would definitely go back for a drink due to the ambiance being so nice, but would not waste my time for dinner again.Special Features:
- NickyVIPDined on 9/23/2014Service was not impressive. We were asked what we wanted for dinner, but had not been given any menus. Limited choices on the menu. Just a so-so meal.
- tesori specials hit the markCharlieBDined on 9/23/2014Four of us enjoyed dinner prior to the CSO concert in fine style at tesori. The service was excellent and delivered with good humor, The evening's specials of beef tenderloin (2/4)and smoked tomato soup (2/4)were pleasant surprises in combination of ingredients and flavors. The pork chop was huge and well sauced, just right for the big guy who ordered it. Dessert was tiramisu, of course....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyed my dinner!BandLawDined on 9/22/2014It was a nice restaurant, and the food was pretty good. The menu was a bit exotic, and there wasn't much in the way of more traditional, standard dishes, but it was nice. The service was SLOW - there was a symphony concert that evening and they only appeared to have 1-2 waiters on staff at all, so it took 15+ minutes to get a refill on a drink, etc. Fortunately for myself, I was meeting a friend I hadn't seen in a year so we had plenty to catch up on, but it was unacceptably slow. I will say that the dessert was fantastic! The server was very nice and professional and clearly enjoyed his job. For the price, I was a little disappointed but I would go back and eat there again.
- tucsonbadgerstucsonbadgersVIPDined on 9/21/2014This was my second visit to tesori. When in town, we enjoy going to the Chicago Symphony and visit the Art Institute, both of which are located within a city block of tesori. All previous visits have been exemplary; thus, I was deeply disappointed by this trip where I found the service to be abysmal. Typically, waitstaff in upper class restaurants have been trained in all aspects of a fine dining experience. Usually, they are not allowed to serve customers without such intense training. In this visit to tesori, the person assigned to my table was either ill-equipped in the skill set needed for waitstaff, or simply failed to grasp how to deliver a high quality dining experience--sadly, the entire experience suffered as a result.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/21/2014Two of us shared a beet salad and a wild mushroom pizza. It was the perfect amount for a "before the ballet" lunch. The quality was fantastic!Special Features:
- Great after a concertjmkoonDined on 9/20/2014We came after seeing the CSO and even though they were probably slammed with other concert goers at the same time, the service was fine - quick and accurate and the food delicious. Would definitely dine here again.Special Features:
- Bar better than restaurantMusicloverDined on 9/20/2014I've always enjoyed stopping at Tesorifor a glass of wine and an appetizer after CSO afternoon performances. The pizzas offered in the bar area are wonderful and the wait staff is friendly and helpful. I've dined in the restaurant twice with far less satisfactory results. Granted, both times were on a Saturday evening and the place was packed to overflowing. I found the menu to be limited and overpriced. Service was mediocre at best.i I will continue to enjoy the offerings in the bar area but will skip the restaurant next time around.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dining before the symphony.SaltySueDined on 9/20/2014I've eaten at Tesori several times before attending a CSO performance. The service is always great as is the food. The menu offers something to please everyone. I loved the spumoni bombe that was recently featured on the dessert menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JudyhDined on 9/19/2014Beautiful setting Tasty food Lovely wine and bread basket My dining companion was seated at another table despite reservation creating confusion for both of us. Staff was apologetic and offered free dessertSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Menu selectionsTapas4twoDined on 9/18/2014Entrees were vividly described but very bland in actuality. The portion size of the seafood pasta and sausage risotto were kids size. The beet salad was a nice portion and very tasty. The room was full and the noise level made conversation for normal hearing patrons difficult. Server very attentive.
- Decent Dining With PotentialChiJVIPDined on 9/18/2014I've been here for lunch and dinner and have always enjoyed the food. Our recent lunch service was not professional both because of the server and because of the staffing. It appeared that our waitress had many, many tables in the dining room and she had adopted that manner of not surveying all her tables as she moved about, because clearly she wasn't able to get to them all. So that is her manager's fault. But she also did odd things like asking if we'd like a drink but failing to see if we had a drink menu. She also didn't know what certain ingredients were in the drinks on the menu. She was pleasant but not very effective. For the price point, this restaurant's lunch servers should be a notch above.
- poor timingOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/16/2014Food here is typically very good. This time, however, the kitchen did not time the preparation well so tht my salmon was ready 10 minutes before my friend's pasta. The result is that my dish sat under the heat lamps for ten minutes so that by the time it arrived it ws dry and the medium rare salmon had become well done. I was disappointed.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/15/2014Great for business lunch & dinner or a special occasion. Tesori is a lovely space with great food and service.Special Features:
- Wonderful!fabfoodieDined on 9/14/2014I had dinner here with two colleagues. The setting is beautiful and calming. The jazz music piped in is enjoyable. I had the kale salad, and spinach ravioli. Both were excellent; delicately flavored.i also ordered a banana swizzle that was not great and filled with so much ice it was complicated to find a way to drink it. I did not taste any banana. Our waiter was new and did his best to get answers for all our questions. We were delivered the wrong dishes and drinks multiple times. Also, we asked that are bills be individual as this was a work dinner. It was not done well. However, the food and atmosphere were top notch!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Noisy but tastyOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/12/2014We were visiting from Ohio and found this restaurant on Yelp. The food here was fabulous! I enjoyed the kale salad and the scallops appetizer-both were amazing. We were sat next to a large party of about a dozen people who were extremely loud and full of vulgar language this ruined the dinner to an extent. Our service was below par. We waited probably 10 minutes to order wine. Our server brought our bill at the end of the meal and we placed our card with it. She then came over again and set down another bill (the same copy of the first one) and didn't say anything and walked away. It seemed she was too busy with this larger party to give us the appropriate attention.Special Features:
- A conversation-friendly lunch spot!MoonRiver1VIPDined on 9/4/2014So many loop restaurants are loud and crowded that one can barely converse. This wonderful restaurant is great for business lunches and just for catching up with a friend. The menu has just enough choices so as not to be overbearing and the service is always good. It really is my favorite place to dine in the loop.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My Kind of Perfect PlaceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/3/2014It may have been an unusual night, but it was my kind of perfect. The dining room with crisp white cloths had a contemporary, stylish, yet laid back vibe with muted cool jazz in the background as we looked out at the garden where trees were illuminated by twinkle lights. Best of all, the room was conversation friendly. We ordered dishes to share and not a full dinner, which seemed fine with the server, who bought us a pizza although it was not on the dinner menu in the dining room. Grilled octopus, smoked trout salad, roasted veggies, and a crisp pizza with pistachio pesto and mortadella from a wood-fired oven--heaven!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 8/25/2014My take away was not secured properly and leaked. The restaurant was lovely ; we had the whole place to ourselves.Special Features:
- Perfection before the SymphonyLesleyswcDined on 8/24/2014We ate here with our son to celebrate his birthday and let them know we had tickets to the concert. The service was thoughtful and efficient but not rushed. The good was excellent and we got great wine advice as well. It is a lovely setting connected directly to the Symphony Center via a concourse.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ConvieniencelawsparkDined on 8/24/2014The location was super convenient for the show at CSO. Service was alright, a little pushy at the start, then barely existant. The food was good, although for the price to portion not particularly amazing. Except for its proximity to our event, I don't know that I'd go a second time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TesoriOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 8/24/2014Thought most of the reviews were pretty accurate. Food was very good. All 3 of us loved our dinner. My son was disappointed that they were out of the lasagna but loved the duck ravioli. The roasted vegetables were also very delicious. Service is a bit slow. We were going to a 7:00 symphony performance so I made reservations for 5:15. Timimg was perfect for us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect Prior to SymphonyRandKDiningDined on 8/24/2014We dined prior to taking in a symphony concert and were tremendously impressed by the staff, food, and service. Our waiter was knowledgeable and personable. The food was fantastic, portion sizes were just right, the wine suggested was lovely. We will definitely be back the next time we venture into the city for a concert!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ChicagoFoodieDined on 8/17/2014We enjoy the food and service but especially like being able to hear the conversation at our table. Also, it's within walking distance of where we live.Special Features:
- TastyOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/15/2014We had a little trouble picking something off the menu we wanted but my god were the things we ordered tasty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pre-Millenium Park Concert VenuedinealotVIPDined on 7/30/2014My friend and I stopped in for an early pre-concert bite at Tesori and found exactly what we had hoped: variety of entree, gracious, attentive service, and excellent food. We opted for pizzas which were very fresh, crispy, and dessert. The wine list is robust, the setting beautiful, and the restaurant is very careful about food allergies and sensitivities. We will return!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 7/18/2014The cuisine is a little too clever, a little too "creative" for its own good. Standard Italian menu terms are used but what arrives can be very different. Fopr example, my "saltimbocca" did not resemble any dish by that name that I've ever had at any Italian restaurant, either here or in Italy--the veal was overdone and too aggressively seasoned, there was a gluey starch underneath it, and the broccoli rabe was overcooked. All in all a big disappointment for rthe money.
- Great foodMoxieDined on 7/9/2014friendly spot, nice bar, had something really good every time i've been here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great pre-theater spotFordoDined on 7/8/2014We decided to go here for a pre-theater meal. The food was excellent, service was spot on and the price was right. We were happy with the experience and would go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great space and foodPowerLDined on 7/8/2014Food was very good and tasty. Service was nice as well. This place has great interior lighting. It only needs more access to tables outside.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- European style diningLeslieVIPDined on 7/8/2014The meal was lovely, but lunch took over two hours due to slooooowwww service. Luckily, we weren't in a hurry and the food, atmosphere and company were worth the time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dependably terrificDennyVIPDined on 7/7/2014Food, service, ambience always top notch. Creative and excellent menu as wellSpecial Features:
- Pleasant SurpriselafmDined on 7/6/2014We were seated immediately and there were only a few other diners in the room. I thought our *waiter was a little slow in acknowledging us, so to speed things up when he came to take our drink order we also placed our food order. The food was EXCELLENT!! We had an appetizer of scallops. For our entrees, we ordered chicken cacciatore, spinach ricotta ravioli, and seafood linguini. Every dish had its own unique flavors. The chicken in the chicken cacciatore was very tender, the ravioli was in a light butter sauce and the red sauce in the linguini was delicious. *Although the waiter was a little slow, to be fair all the other help in the dining room did an excellent job in assisting. We would definitely eat there again!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/5/2014delicious food! lovely romantic anniversary evening dinner for a couple.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 7/5/2014We chose the restaurant because it was very close to the theater we were going to. We arrived on the early side so it was not yet busy. We did not have drinks or wine so we could be awake for the 2.5 hour play that was to follow. The service was exceptional and the food was great. I had the smoked trout salad and it was unusual and a wonderful surprise as well. They had a veal special that was sliced thin, rolled and served on a bed of spicy greens......really excellent. We are definitely headed back in the near future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food good serviceBillplDined on 6/29/2014Tried the resturant before going to the theater; food was very good and our waiter was excellent. He was very knowledgable about the menu and offered good suggestions. Atmosphere is great and service timely I have recommended this resturant to my friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Italian restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 6/28/2014I just dined at Tesori on 06/28/14 with my wife. She ordered the salad of the day and the scallops appetizer while I had the fava bean salad and the risotto. The food was fresh and delicious, all prepared or cooked to perfection. The one thing that made the evening an experience to remember was the service. We were not sure what rose to order and the waitress ended bringing us both bottles to taste and the tasting portion were quite generous. In addition, she overheard my wife trying to convince me to order the brussels sprouts and me not going for it. When our entrees arrived, the waitress had added the brussels srpouts free of charge because she really believed we would love them. And we did. I cannot recommend Tesori highyl enough.Special Features:
- A treat for my nieceSnowellenVIPDined on 6/28/2014My husband and I visited my niece in Chicago over the weekend. We thoroughly enjoyed Tesori. It was a relaxing way to end a busy day of sight seeing. The pasta was fresh and perfectly cooked.Special Features:
- Good servicelocalpatronVIPDined on 6/25/2014Good staff. We weren't in a hurry and we never felt rushed Food was goodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.