2924 Freeport Blvd
Sacramento, CA 95818Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.taylorskitchen.com/
- Phone: 9164435154x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: W-Sa 5:00pm-9:30pm
Brunch Sunday 9:00am-1:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Richard Telford
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Taylor's Kitchen can create a custom tailored catering experience for special events off all kinds. Taylor's is a full service, farm to fork caterer. We can host cocktail parties, buffets or full service dining. Please contact Keith Fergel, Restaurant and Catering Manager, for pricing and menu options.
- Public Transit: Public transportation is very convenient, as Taylor's is located directly across Freeport Boulevard from the Fourth Avenue, Wayne Holtgren light rail station.
- Parking: Private Lot
- Parking Details: Taylor's Kitchen shares parking with Taylor's Market. Guests are welcome to park in front of the market or restaurant.
A word from Taylor's Kitchen
Taylor's Kitchen is a charming, neighborhood restaurant nestled in between Land Park and Curtis Park. Chef Richard Telford's weekly changing menu benefits from his relationship with local farmers and ranchers. One of Sacramento's "best kept culinary secrets", Taylor's is perennially on at or near the top of Zagat's list in food quality. The wine list is always changing features wines hand selected by Master Sommelier candidate, Keith Fergel, formerly of The San Francisco's Fifth Floor and Yountville's The French Laundry.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
Taylor's Kitchen - Best Restaurants in Sacramento ›
Taylor's Kitchen reviews from OpenTable diners
73 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (64)neighborhood gem (62)special occasion (38)notable wine list (27)romantic (22)great for brunch (10)good for groups (8)kid-friendly (5)hot spot (1)Show More
- Best Neighborhood RestaurantEileenDined on 8/30/2014This is our favorite restaurant, we dine here at least twice a month. Food is always delicious and service is top notch.Special Features:
- Great FoodMarnieDined on 8/29/2014Went there for a leisurely dinner. We shared the salad and appetizer and both were delicious. We each had out own entree and the tastes were marvelous! The server was great and had great humor without being overbearing. We thoroughly enjoyed our evening out,Special Features:
- Dinner for SixGinaDined on 8/29/2014Recently dined at Taylor's with colleagues to celebrate the retirement of one of them. Dinner was outstanding and everyone was pleased with their meals. I had the Mary's roasted chicken, which was sublime (I know! How often do you hear that about chicken?!). The Tuscan salsa that the chicken was served with was amazing -- I will try to "reverse engineer" it at home. It was a perfect evening. Thank you so much to Taylor's Kitchen and for never disappointing us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Neighborhood FindSFfoodieDined on 8/22/2014The home made pasta is worth the trip. Beet salad also good but could be lighter on the salt. Burger was an interesting anomaly for the elegant plating on other dishes...HUGE patty. Very tasty. Cucumber monitors sorbet was refreshing and creative.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Elegance on Freeport Blvd.SactoYumDined on 8/21/2014Our dining experience was outstanding. This was our first visit to Taylor's Kitchen, but it won't be our last. The food was lovingly prepared and artistically presented. From appetizers through dessert, everything was elegantly served and removed. Even a water spill was quickly and efficiently cleaned up! The meats were perfectly cooked and flavorful, the veggies were varied and seasoned interestingly, the variety of salads gave everyone in our party a different choice and dessert, if you had room for it, provided the jewel in the crown.Special Features:
- Better than expectedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/20/2014We are sometimes Taylor's Market shoppers and, for years, had intended to eat at their restaurant. So for our anniversary we decided to. A surprise. We were struck by the relatively small size of the room which seemed to add to the devotion to food and service. I stared at the unique ceiling fans more than once. The appetizers came quickly though the main course was somewhat slow. We realized that our dinners were both cooked, seemingly from scratch for our pleasure. That was impressive. The food itself was excellent. The fruit gazpacho was a little bland, but hinted at great possibilities. To even come up with such an idea was excellent. The main courses were exceptionally good. Well prepared, really tasty. A wonderful meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/9/2014Always imaginative and seasonal dishes here, and the chef is willing to modify for special preferences, which our group so appreciated. Stellar waitstaff, especially Allison. She is attentive, professional, and fun. Everything melds together at Taylor's to create a most enjoyable experience.Special Features:
- OutstandinggregDined on 8/7/2014Impeccable food, attentive and courteous serivce. discovered this while on a business trip via Open Table. Will make an hour and a half drive each night just to eat here.Special Features:
- Outstanding mealDavisfolksVIPDined on 8/7/2014We had a wonderful dinner with attentive service, delectable food, and a relaxed atmosphere. Definitely farm to fork and just what we were hoping. I love off the beaten path spots, especially when the food is so good. I look forward to the next opportunity to go there.Special Features:
- Seating at the bar4mft99VIPDined on 8/6/2014We haven't arrived, eaten, and enjoyed a meal for 2 in 40 minutes like our quick night out. The restaurant was to close in 30 minutes. My daughter was home for one night more and craving pasta out. The meal was prepared with flare and attention to detail. Sharing a lovely salad, delicious pasta with pancetta, and ending with the cobbler was a perfect evening. We closed the restaurant respecting that everyone wanted to head home and felt as though we had just completed our meal at a friend's home. Looking forward to our next quick bite.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Date night delightOmnivore4everDined on 8/6/2014We keep returning to this cozy, neighborhood restaurant because the menu changes with what's in season, the ingredients are local & creatively utilized, service is excellent, wine options are great. It's small, so make a reservation!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wow!!!CaptainAmericaDined on 8/1/2014Great food! Interactive but not bothersome service! Outstanding menu serving locally grown vegetables. Dessert menu was a bit Spartan, but made up for by an outstanding variety of mains and starters. Tables were a bit close together but we engaged the "date night" couple next to us in a great conversation. Prices were surprisingly good, given our choices (two starters, two mains, two glasses of wine, two desserts and two espressos - less than $150, including tip). Make reservations in advance because this place was packed on a Friday night. Get there a few minutes early as parking is a bit tougher on busy nights.Special Features:
- Wonderful vacation find.SFfoodieDined on 8/1/2014Found this on our vacation and couldn't be happier. The food was delicious and cooked perfectly the wine was delicious. The staff was kind and knowledgable. Enjoyed their suggestions. We look forward to returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food!katwongDined on 8/1/2014The service was good at the start of the meal but towards the end of the meal the restaurant started to get busy and then it was hard to get a hold of our server. Also, I'm not sure if they don't have air conditioning or just chose not to turn it on but it was really hot and my entire party was dying in the heat. We ended up drinking so much ice water to cool ourselves down that we didn't have anymore room for dessert. To be fair, it was well over 100 that day. The food was good, possibly a bit on the pricy side. I would return here for sure but would make sure to come back on a cooler day.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A hidden gemTheQuirkyPalateDined on 7/31/2014Taylor's Kitchen is definitely a neighborhood gem! We came here for the first time for my belated bday dinner. Each dish we tried had a very fresh just picked from the farm taste. The chilled rock shrimp sweet corn soup,gnocchi, & the bourbon bread pudding were excellent & would definitely order again in a heartbeat. The corn was the sweetest corn I've ever had! Our waitress was also very prompt, friendly & attentive. Will definitely need to make a trip back to try the brunch menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great mealsacrobinVIPDined on 7/30/2014This was our first visit (don't know why it took us so long to try it out), and it certainly won't be our last. Everything we ordered was absolutely delicious and beautifully presented: scrapple with pig's ears and fresh peaches (the appetizer special that evening), the flat-iron steak and the salmon, and all three scoops of homemade ice cream and sorbet--everything was fabulous. Even the bread was wonderful. Service was attentive without being intrusive, casual without being presumptuous. The only issue was the two or three flies someone inadvertently let into the dining room--they immediately descended on us when our entrees arrived. Thankfully, the flies disappeared after an annoying two or three minutes of waving our hands around.Special Features:
- Better than The KitchenShastaDined on 7/19/2014Our guests declared the food was better than at The Kitchen restaurant where they had just eaten dinner about a week before.Special Features:
- CHARMING FIND IN LAND PARK1KTravelerVIPDined on 7/19/2014Taylor's Kitchen is a delightful little culinary paradise in Land Park. Food is sourced locally whenever possible, and Chef Richard Telford works his magic with the assistance of Manager/Sommelier Keith. I ordered three courses, "Chef's Choice." Chef selected a Cured Albacore Mojama, which turned out to be a marriage of beautiful flavors with seasonal vegetables combined with a smoked olive oil aioli. Second course was a Baby Arugula Salad, with ale braised pork belly with a blue cheese and a dijon tarragon vinaigrette. Finally, the Blackened California Rock Cod was served over a succotash of mixed beans, rice and topped with a chipolte peach butter. Dessert was a bacon bread pudding. Delicious! Wine parings were spot on!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Taylor's a Wonder ...foodie101Dined on 7/18/2014Wonderful staff, wonderful wine list and wonderful food. Food reminded me of NY bistro food that exemplified creativity but not being too over the top. Chilled corn and peach soup, brined pork chop and to finish it off was a bacon bread pudding with caramel sauce were divine! I'm counting the days my husband and I are headed back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fabulous foodKatyDined on 7/17/2014Some of the best food in town. Noisy. But the incredible food and wine selection is so worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good, but not GreatPhantomEaterDined on 7/12/2014Chose this place based on reviews and the menu on OpenTable. Once we got there, discovered the menu was not the same, so first let down. Current menu seemed to feature the same three or four items in just about every meal. Had the duck liver appetizer which lacked any liver taste. The octopus on the sunomono salad was promising, but sadly all you could taste of the octopus was the grill. Main entree, nothing sounded good except for the tri tip steak (last thing I ever order at a restaurant). Steak was cooked to requested doneness, but nothing special. Sadly, won't be coming back. Love Taylor's Market, so what happened with Taylor's Kitchen?
- LuckyFrancesMVIPDined on 7/10/2014We are so lucky to be living in an area that has a restaurant like Taylor's. The menu continues to excite and old favorites are always there as well. Sqush blossoms stuffed with scallop mousse? Yum! Kudos to the chef...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice neighborhood find...RangerspopDined on 7/10/2014We got to the restaurant early, were seated right away and were greeted by our waitress Ali. She was smart, funny and knew everything we needed to know. Our waitress suggested the fried squash blossoms stuffed with scallop mouse and some cheese. They were crispy and delicious. I had an heirloom tomato salad with mozzarella cheese and a balsamic vinaigrette. Very nice. My wife had mahi-mahi and I had a bone-in ribeye medium rare (cooked to perfection) and they were excellent! We drank a white sparkling wine from Alsace, France and it was toasty, crisp and exquisite. We shared a dessert with fresh fruit and some almond cake and it was light & tasty. Food was perfectly cooked, service was excellent, nice ambiance and we will be back.Special Features:
- Yum. Yum. Yum.Eating2LiveDined on 7/5/2014When I think about going out, I don't usually think about Taylor's Kitchen, even though it's in my neighborhood. I am so glad it popped up on Open Table when I couldn't get reservation at Ella. From top to bottom this was one of the best meals I have had in Sacramento. Fresh, seasonal and creative use of ingredients and all presented perfectly. Service was really professional but also nicely laid back. I will definitely be back soon!Special Features:
- Always a favoritejannie47VIPDined on 7/5/2014We love Taylor's and have been going on a regular basis since it opened. It's great having such a wonderful restaurant right in our neighborhood. Food and service always wonderful!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- They know what they're doing.ShastaDined on 7/5/2014Very knowledgable wait staff. Makes dining much more enjoyable when the staff knows the food well. Also, it was a very hot evening and our wait person realized the cabernet we ordered was a bit warm so she chilled it a few minutes to get it to cellar temperature. Too bad the "cellar" doesn't hold all the wine they have in stock but very thoughtful of her to be aware the wine was too warm to drink, especially because it was an expensive bottle.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Truly a neighborhood gemDjohnsonVIPDined on 7/3/2014Local ingredients, well-prepared, but in inventive ways! We are so happy Taylor's Kitchen is so close by!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/20/2014Steve our server is a true gourmand. His description of the works of art, food, literally enhances the entire experience. The food is truely exceptional and consistently so. The menu is varied frequently enough to keep elevating my experience time after time.Special Features:
- Excellent service & foodOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/18/2014We have been to Taylor's several times and it is always excellent. The food is innovative and the staff makes you feel like an old friend. Kudos to Steve!Special Features:
- A wonderful timeFoodGeekDined on 6/15/2014We had a great dinner here with friends last week. The mahi mahi was amazing and the fresh tomato soup was tangy with just a hint of sweetness (a bit of melon). We had great deserts and the wine list is always a hit. We love this place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Father's Day Gem!rivercitylizzyDined on 6/15/2014Brought my dad and my one-year-old daughter to Taylor's Kitchen for Father's Day and was delighted with the cozy and comfortable interior, prompt and friendly service, and delicious eats! Our server brought us "refills" with a smile every time my little one dropped the spoon she was playing with--which had to be at least 5 times!--and was present without being intrusive. I loved the flaky and buttery crust on the Quiche Lorraine, the crisp on the outside/fluffy inside home fries, and the salad, with its mix of tender local greens, shaved fennel, thinly sliced watermelon radish, sweet-salty-crunchy almond brittle, and tangy citrus vinaigrette. An excellent meal!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very nice dinnerPeenchoDined on 5/30/2014Softshell crab was delicious....all in all, an excellent meal :)Special Features:
- Good but not greatOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 5/23/2014My fiance and tried Taylor's Kitchen for the first time and had a pleasant evening. Overall the service was good and we enjoyed our food but for the price think there are better options downtown. If you are in the area it is definitely worth a visit, but we probably won't go out of our way to go to Taylor's again.Special Features:
- FlawlessGovernorDined on 5/21/2014I'm no rockstar but have been fortunate in my professional life. I've eaten all over the world, in public and private dining experiences, in rooms with members of state and royals in attendance. I'd rather have Taylor's Kitchen any day of the week. It is an understated gem, by any measure.Special Features:
- Will be back!TwoRockfoodyDined on 5/11/2014Being from wine country I've always found Sac.'s dining options big disappointment. Taylor's changed that. I went for Mother's Day & unfortunately they had a pre fixe menu. Don't get me wrong, it was excellent & the wait staff kept bringing us more! It's just that I had been drooling over their menu(pork belly Benedict etc.) I will be back. So you Bay Area foodies need not despair - there are good places to eat in SacSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasant surpriseDanaraeDined on 5/10/2014We finally decided to try Taylors Kitchen, and we were so happy we did! We sat at the wine bar for dinner, which we enjoyed. We got to visit with our server/ bartender and also got great service. The food was excellent! I had the salmon which was cooked just the way I asked and my husband had the pasta dish which he said was delicious also. The salads we had were both perfect starters to our meals. Can't wait to go back and try one of the wonderful looking dishes on the menu.Special Features:
- Love this placemerlotVIPDined on 5/7/2014Although a neighborhood gem and I don't live in the "hood", I love going here. I always run into a lot of friends and the food is outsatnding. Attached to a gourmet one-of-a kind market, the food is seasonal and excellent. That beign said, I went in April adn my entree shoudlahve been retired with the winter menu. It was squab with wild rice and sauseage and was a little too heavy. I eyed my dining partner's pasta with peas longingly. It looked like a better choice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 45 reviews are from the Taylor's Kitchen reviews archive.
- Excellent foodDarleneDined on 5/3/2014The food was great and the service is excellent. It was my friend's birthday and they honored it with a little candle in the dessert. I've been here around 4 to 5 times and haven't been disappointed. It's a little small for groups over about 5 and it might be disruptive noise wise.Special Features:
- Chef made food everyone will like.ronnieDined on 5/2/2014Very small place, part of the kitchen is open and in the dining room. The beet salad with fresh peas and buratta cheese had a different taste in every bite. Salmon was perfectly cooked, melt in your mouth fresh. Profiterols for dessert house made. Wonderful, weekend brunch also never disappoints!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thoroughly enjoyable dinnerLostlusterVIPDined on 4/26/2014Our "go to" place. Consistently interesting food with a kitchen that works well together. Fresh salads, terrific smoked trout surprises. Beets that are earthy with greens that make the beets shine. Pork chop and veal chops extraordinaire. Wine suggestions respectful of your chosen price point. Professional staff. Absolutely professional staff...Special Features: