11648 San Vicente Blvd
Los Angeles, CA 90049Neighborhood:
CalifornianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.tavernla.com/
- Phone: 3108066464x
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday - Friday: 8:00am - 11:00am
Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 10:00am - 2:15pm
Lunch: Daily: 11:30am - 2:15pm
Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:30- Close, Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Californian, French
- Executive Chef: Suzanne Goin
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Entertainment: Live Jazz and our very own Paella for $25! EVERY Wednesday of the month, from 6 - 9:30 pm throughout the restaurant.
A word from Tavern
Tavern is the third restaurant from the chef and sommelier team of Suzanne Goin and Caroline Styne, who also own Lucques restaurant and AOC winebar. This is their West Los Angeles outpost, which serves as a local gathering spot for the Brentwood crowd. Chicly designed by Jeffrey Alan Marks, Tavern encompasses three separate, yet connected spaces: a glass roofed atrium dining room, a large blue walled bar and a café space called the Larder that features casual dining, bakery, retail and prepared foods to go. The restaurant serves Suzanne Goin’s signature California/Mediterranean cuisine with just a touch of a classic American influence.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Tavern - Best Restaurants in Brentwood ›
Tavern reviews from OpenTable diners
245 reviews since May 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (118)neighborhood gem (116)special occasion (104)great for lunch (95)great for brunch (81)vibrant bar scene (58)good for groups (54)romantic (50)hot spot (47)notable wine list (32)great for outdoor dining (28)kid-friendly (11)scenic view (3)late-night find (3)Show More
- Declining qualitysheilajoyVIPDined on 9/21/2014Unfortunately our last 2 visits have been disappointing. This was our favorite spot for brunch, but the quality of the food is nowhere near what it used to be. On this visit fresh sausage had no flavor, salad was overdressed, soup was greasy, pancakes did not have blueberries as stated on the menu. We will not be returning anytime soon.
- good but...OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/20/2014This is my second visit for brunch. We enjoyed the dishes so much last time--cornmeal waffle and brisket with eggs--that we ordered them again. I would say the food was not as outstanding as on the first visit. The brisket seemed over-salted and generally there was a subtle but noticeable difference. I hope it was just a slightly off day and this is not a trend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Charming!ThrilledCustomerDined on 9/19/2014Beautiful atmosphere. Delicious dishes. Great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Want to love it, but...compcookDined on 9/10/2014Lunching at the Tavern for my second time confirmed my first impression. The food is interesting, well cooked-- especially the chicken on the cobb salad. However the salad was limp and over dressed. My complaint is more with the waiters. They're hurried and our waiter yesterday was not very professional. I wanted to ask questions, but he dashed immediately. He was in quite a hurry. I felt unimportant.Special Features:
- WorldtravelerworldtravelerVIPDined on 9/8/2014Lovely lighting, tables not scrunched together, soft shell crab appetizer excellent, mussel and garlic sausage excellent, waiters helpful but not overbearing, responsive to our needs but never rushed, familiar with food and dishes, very pretty setting, nicely dressed clients, everything was fresh, crisp, clean and comfortable. Noise level was just a mild hum so we could all hear. Very Very comfortable.Special Features:
- Good Food but...FuFuDined on 9/7/2014Food was great but there were flies lingering around during my lunch. One landed on my mother's plane & got stuck on the food...kind of gross. We told the bus boy and he quickly took the plate away from us but never told our server. I had to wait 15 minutes before I could find my server. He quickly replaced the food. I kind of expected the bus boy would tell the server immediately. I was a bit disappointed with that. But overall the food and service was good.Special Features:
- Neighborhood GemBrendaVIPDined on 9/7/2014Tavern does everything right. The servers are attentive to detail and make you feel special, the dishes are creative, healthy and full of flavor and the ambiance is terrific. I especially like the atrium where you feel like you are outdoors but you have the benefit of a/c and no bugs or wind. I have been to Tavern for brunch and for lunch and will definitely return. For lunch, I love the trio of salads. For brunch, the eggs benedict with an especially light hollandaise sauce and prosciutto is definitely worth a trip.Special Features:
- good food, good crowdsarahkmgDined on 9/5/2014Food was really good, service was great. We sat in the bar area for dinner and it was a little on the loud side but great for people watching.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent lunchLuncherDined on 9/5/2014Good food selection, excellent service and 2 hr validated parking. Perfect for a nice lunch with friends. Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Weds. night PaellaOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 9/3/2014It's probably just seasonal, but we have been to Tavern for Weds. night Paella twice now, and it is delicious. Large enough to split between 2, add some salads and an appetizer. We had the lamb meatballs with feta and pine nuts, really good.Special Features:
- Solid!WinerVIPDined on 9/3/2014The Tavern is solid all around. Love the food choices, the wine, the vibe in the atrium and the service is solid. The only thing I didnt like was the way they try and promote their tax to the diners for them picking up Health Care for their employees. In a way, I should like it becasue it shows the consumer how they are being impacted by a poor choice at the election polls.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreedydanapointartDined on 9/2/2014I am a frequent diner at both Lucques and The Tavern. On 9/2, The 3% surcharge added to my bill was a surprise. I dine out 4 to 5 nights per week and have never experienced it elsewhere.Special Features:
- DisappointingfoodlverDined on 8/31/2014Four of us were looking forward to having a wonderful brunch. Unfortunately the service was terrible and food cooked poorly. The computers were down so orders were not being placed properly. Our breakfast food took over an hour to be served. I ordered eggs Benedict and the eggs were over poached- had to send it back to kitchen. Our waiter did not bring us extra syrup, orange juice and hot toast as we requested. We had to ask 3 times. The manager never came over to apologize or offer any compensation for the poor meal. The waffle my husband ordered was cold as well. It was not a good experience.Special Features:
- Poor serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/29/2014Overall we had poor service. The staff seemed to be annoyed with everyone and not very helpful. The food took long to arrive, as well as the bill. I would definitely NOT recommend this restaurant to anyone.
- More than OKJacksterDined on 8/25/2014This was a first and much anticipated visit to a Suzanne Goin restaurant so expectations were a tad high. The bread was excellent - country style with an outrageous crust. A rather stingy offering of butter. My main course of fish tacos was bland as I was unable to top the overstuffed tacos with the accompanying pico de gallo mixture. Excellent coffee - no refills offered and dessert selections were mostly featuring ice cream or dairy products and were not that enticing.Special Features:
- Natural lightAmbianceaboveallelseVIPDined on 8/24/2014The atrium provides lovely natural light and a gracious vibrant ambience for dining. This is by far the salient reason I like to go to The Tavern.Special Features:
- Slow ServiceshewqueenDined on 8/22/2014The ambiance is great and the good is excellent. Our service was very, very slow.Special Features:
- DisappointingEZ2PleaseDined on 8/21/2014Went to Tavern with my girlfriend and her two kids on her birthday. OK, romance was not in the air, but that wasn't Tavern's fault. We went there because my GF's friends have told her it was good. I will admit there was a vibrant bar scene of attractive people. They also sat us on time and the service was attentive. The problem was the food wasn't very good and it was expensive. The highly rated chicken dish was bland and my spare rib had no more than 3 ounces of meat on it. The kids had ice cream for dessert and the birthday girl and I enjoyed the Snicker's bar. All in all it was a disappointing dining experience.Special Features:
- tavern!loboDined on 8/21/2014It has a great atmosphere, welcoming space and staff. The food was deliciousSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mixed bagOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/21/2014This is a lovely place with good credentials - we have been there many times. It was packed for lunch, and we were surprised at how close together the tables were - uncomfortably so when adjacent tables turned over (everyone stops eating and draws back, moves their drink glasses in, and waits while chatting with the poor person trying to get out unobtrusively). And the food was inconsistent - my wife and I had the same chicken curry salad - mine was good and packed with raisins - hers was fair and had about 3 raisins (only found out afterwards). Nice service, delicious bread. My history there also says they do lunch better than dinner.Special Features:
- Great Paella & Live Jazz on Wed!MamaVIPDined on 8/20/2014Wednesday nights are a highlight of our week. In addition to the regular outstanding menu, they offer fine live jazz. In addition, off-menu, and only on Wednesdays they serve a marvelous Paella and that Paella is loaded with the best seafood imaginable. That,in addition to the usual ingredients of sausage and chicken and rice. Divine dish and presentation. Four in our party. Three ordered the Paella. I ordered 2 appetizers and we all left so happy. Service was great. Food was outstanding and the jazz was the frosting on the cake.
- slow cookerfood4thoughtDined on 8/17/2014We visit Tavern fairly often. It is a little pricey, but the food is absolutely delicious. Our favorites are the updated Cobb salad, which contains chickpeas, beets, butternut squash in a lemony dressing with crispy skin salmon added.Also love the decadent ricotta pancakes at brunch and fantastic steak frites, served up in a gorgeous indoor garden setting with hip and sophisticated furnishings. The only negative is that the service is always very slow. We have waited up to 50 minutes to get food, and have to work at getting our beverages refilled. Definitely a good place for a leisurely meal, (we obviously keep returning) but don't go here if you have a time constraint.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/17/2014This past Sunday when we got there at 11:15am they were already out of monkey bread, stickey buns and a bunch of other Brunch type items, I did order the cornmeal waffle- not good at all - very dry - not served warm I think that maybe they were just having an off day- will be a while before we go back-Special Features:
- Lovely ExperiencehappycoupleDined on 8/15/2014My husband and I chose the Tavern as the place to celebrate our 5th wedding anniversary -- undoubtedly the best decision. The staff was pleasant and helpful from the moment we walked in the door. All though the restaurant was busy, the ambiance was warm and intimate. My husband chose the pork chop and I, the mussels. Both dishes were superb. We were checked on my our waiter (and by one of the managers) sufficiently. Derrick, our waiter, was knowledgeable about the menu and wine list -- and he was a sweetheart. Thank you, Tavern, for a memorable evening.Special Features:
- Marriage of seafood & vegetablesMamaVIPDined on 8/14/2014No restaurant pairs fish, vegetables and fruit as well as Tavern. My recent arctic char is a perfect example of a rather dull fish which was livened up with cous cous flavored with a hint of saffron, grilled nectarines & pistachios. I am likely forgetting some component, but it all came together beautifully. There were three of us. Each had something different and each one of us commented on the absolute perfection of our food. The Happy Hour, weeknights until 7:00 is great. 1/2 price cocktails, beer for $4.00, delicious bar food. Is there a better appetizer on the planet than Suzanne Goin's bacon-wrapped dates? I doubt it.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Uninterested service overpricedJimmyVIPDined on 8/14/2014When 3 glass's of house Chardonnay cost more than your lunch it's ridiculous. $51.00 out of $100.00 dollar lunch bill
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 8/14/2014The food and service were good but not remarkable, especially for the price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OverratedBrunoVIPDined on 8/13/2014The ad said $8 margaritas and paella. In small print, the offer for margaritas is only at the bar. A little bait and switch?! Can a margarita in the dining room cost $6 more? Give me a break! Paella portion was large---that's good. Taste was lacking---that's bad. They need to learn how to make authentic paella or not serve it.Special Features:
- BillVIPDined on 8/10/2014Delicious dining with attentive service at this handsome venue.Special Features:
- Beautiful setting, mediocre fooddiner4047VIPDined on 8/10/2014The setting was beautiful. The food was very mediocre...nothing special at all. The service was friendly but very, very slow. It took them over 30 minutes to come take the order. Another 30-40 minutes before our dishes were brought to us.
- Elvis has left the buildingOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 8/6/2014This hot, hip Brentwood restaurant has lost its way. The great alternative to all of the Italian and Sushi restaurants now has the feel of an over priced Daily Grill, which recently closed across the street. What does that tell you? Had to wait for the hostess for five minutes. Restaurant was not busy for our 7:45 reservation. Waitress was a bit churlish when we complained that our main course took almost 50 minutes to arrive. Food was poor. My daughter was ill after her mussels. My arctic char was dry. I went home and had a Fernet. One burger was horrible the other was just ok.
- Good food, nice roomEBConnectDined on 8/6/2014I hosted guests and was very pleased. A little loud for doing business, but certainly not the loudest! A good vibe and the food was very good.Special Features:
- AmazingCambDined on 8/6/2014Have been here twice for lunch. The salads are amazing, very nice wine list. I would very much recommend this spot for lunch. The ambience is perfection!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- yumNenaVIPDined on 8/6/2014Always enjoy eating lunch or dinner here, an inviting delicious placeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing to say the least!foodaholicDined on 8/4/2014Apart from the mediocre service, the food was was most disappointing. How difficult is it to roast asparagus??? A wasted experience.
- Great in Every WayLMSSDDined on 8/4/2014Dining on the patio was lovely. The decor and ambiance wonderful. Servers were great and honored our request to be out by a certain time so we could make it to the theater. The food was very good.Special Features:
- Great first time experiencegwgwVIPDined on 8/2/2014It was our first visit but we will definitely be back. The food and service were top notch and the open and spacious dining room did not seem cluttered at all even when the restaurant was completely full. Very attentive wait staff and helpful when it came to ordering dinner and answering our questions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Suzanne Goin is brilliant chef!MamaVIPDined on 8/1/2014Suzanne Goin manages to create dishes in which each flavor complements another. The other night I had a perfectly grilled Orata which sat on top of what appeared to be ratatouille, but was a beautiful combination of summer vegetables, each one cooked individually and then arranged together. Each vegetable had its own distinct texture and flavor. Nothing fussy. No fancy plating. Great food created by a great chef.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good experienceWestsideDinerDined on 8/1/2014I needed to east relatively quick and get back to my office. The service accommodated me. One minor glitch -- an item to be subbed out wasn't -- but overall a good experience.Special Features:
- I messed up this time!DisappointedVIPDined on 7/31/2014My review is based on all of my reservations and visiting you again this Wednesday! This is a terrific restaurant with a varied manu that accommodates everyone.....your food is delicious and unusual!Special Features: