Tapas D Jerez
8236 S. Holly St
Centennial, CO 80122Neighborhood:
Tapas / Small PlatesPrice: $30 and under
Tapas D Jerez
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.tapasdjerez.com/
- Phone: 3034880101
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch & Dinner:
Sunday - Thursday: 10:30am - 10:00pm
Friday & Saturday: 10:30am - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Spanish, Tapas / Small Plates
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Dancing, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Tapas D Jerez
Tapas D' Jerez features a full menu of authentic traditional Spanish cuisine and "tapas", letting our customers experience an extremely wide variety of dishes with memorable tastes - at a reasonable price.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
Tapas D Jerez - Best Restaurants in Centennial ›
Tapas D Jerez reviews from OpenTable diners
44 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (24)neighborhood gem (22)good for groups (14)notable wine list (12)special occasion (12)romantic (11)great for lunch (7)great for outdoor dining (6)late-night find (6)hot spot (4)kid-friendly (3)vibrant bar scene (2)great for brunch (1)Show More
- MrMikeDined on 10/11/2014Excellent tapas at reasonable prices. My wife and I ordered 5 plates to share, and it was way more than we could eat. The calimari was very tender with super light, crunchy breading. We also had the cheese plate, olives, tortilla, and a pork and potato dish - all excellent. The wait staff was very helpful and attentive and the owner dropped by the table to check on things and chat for a bit. We will definitely be back to try the entree dishes!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always goodMattVIPDined on 9/21/2014We've been back many times, the food and house sangria never disappoint!Special Features:
- What a fun placedp312Dined on 9/17/2014We were leaving for a vacation in Spain the day after we went to check out the food we would be encountering. The waitress was so helpful and friendly during our whole evening. I think it was the owner/cook who came out to wish us a good trip. The food was great and the ambience perfect. If you have no idea what you are ordering, as we did, there is help and it is no reason to avoid trying a new cuisine. It is all just part of the adventure! We want to go back to thank these wonderful people and to "report" back about the trip.Special Features:
- Nice for a ChangeShadyLadyDined on 9/13/2014I found this restaurant to be very warm with their welcoming, accommodating for our seating request, the food was very good and a nice change from the norm, especially if you get tapas. The Flan was to die for!!! The booth behind us was pretty noisy however. I would recommend the owner to watch for people who have been drinking before they come in and maybe monitor how much alcohol they are served. This is only a suggestion for the comfort of the other customers seated near them.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Find!MakeItTastyDined on 9/13/2014Tapas D Jerez is located where a Tres Maragritas used to be in a strip center on County Line Rd and Holly. I had driven by at some point and had wanted to try it, but didn't expect much. I was VERY pleasantly surprised! This is a great family run restaurant with traditional Spanish tapas. We ordered a mixed tapas combination of 12 types - some cold and some hot. It was a good mix of flavors, textures, and styles and it was a LOT of food for two! I had the regular red sangria (they have several varieties) and it was excellent - a refreshing balance of flavors and not overly sweet, as some tend to be. My wife wasn't sure which Spanish white wine to order, so the waiter brought over three bottles and let her sample each. We'll be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Proven In IntegrityVigils4Dined on 9/10/2014Wonderful restaurant! The staff is kind to our family and welcomes everyone generously. The food was delicious and inquisitive with dishes I had never heard of. I experimented with anchovie as a tapas. The whole presentation of the dish and the taste was remarkable!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A real restaurant in H'lands Ranch.PamdelightDined on 8/24/2014We met the Chef a couple of months ago: A real food knowledge, and authentic Spanish tapas. The restaurant is roomy inside and has a romantic terrace outside we will visit as soon as possible. Very good menu for the Denver Restaurant Week. Weekends you have also guitar players and sometimes a dancer. We just like it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- okay - nothing greatOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/23/2014We went during restaurant week, but ordered off the menu. Nothing memorable about this restaurant...food was adequate; small portions, big prices. Server did not know what beers were offered, and she was very difficult to understand. Nice atmosphere.
- Authentic tapasCopperTopperVIPDined on 8/9/2014The menu is comprehensive for Spanish style tapas and the sangria was really yummy. They had live music (a guitarist) who was very talented and set the scene for a really authentic meal. The food was good, not outstanding, but definitely good. I felt the meal was a little heavy - several fried items, liberal use of olive oil and some heavier sauces. But I brought my leftovers home and it didn't stop me from nibbling on them for lunch the next day.
- Very Disappointed!MichelleVIPDined on 8/9/2014We were terribly disappointed with Tapas D Jerez. It was recommended by the waiter that we get the luxury sampler plate which was a whopping $69 for two people. The price would have been okay if it had been worth it. It was awful! First, it was (maybe) enough food for one person, not two! Do not order this 'special'. We saw plates of tapas being delivered to other tables that looked like much more food than our double order. And we are not big eaters! Secondly, the taste lacked greatly. The tenderloin was tough and had been marinated in vinegar; not great, to say the least. I never write a bad review but we were really left with a big NO. Sorry. Going to Del Frisco's for a burger and salad would have been much better and cheaper!
- Wonderful, authentic Spanish TapasWineNdineDined on 8/6/2014The food is excellent and as authentic as anything you will find in the Denver area as it is owned by actual Spaniards. We had a wonderful time there for our anniversary and will absolutely be back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lunch extravaganzaOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/6/2014We went for a late lunch, so the restaurant was quiet. The beet salad was very nice, and the lobster cream was very good. Unfortunately, a lot of the dishes were quite greasy (though very tasty) and the grease did not sit well with us for the rest of the day. Lots of gluten free options
- IknowmystuffDined on 8/3/20141st time at Tapas and it is a lovely place, excellent food and service. Highly recommend you try it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good ExperienceMikeDined on 7/31/2014My wife and I shared a pitcher of Sangria and the luxury tapas for her birthday. It was all very good. We were surprised at how much food it ended up being, and had to take a couple boxes home. I would definitely come back.Special Features:
- DjangoDjangoDined on 7/30/2014With the owners and chef from Spain, the place feels authentic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A fun Spanish TreatPastryChefOnTheLooseDined on 7/29/2014Love Tapas Tuesdays! We were able to taste a variety of different tapas on a budget. Bring your friends and sample many tasty dishes.Special Features:
- Tapas like in Spain!DoyleDined on 7/26/2014We traveled through Spain a few years ago and eating their tapas (recommended by our waiter) we were taking back to our trip! Delicious and fulfilling portions. The Sangria was the perfect companion to our meals! We will go back!Special Features:
- Reminds Us Of SpainEnjoyYourMealsDined on 7/22/2014We love that there is an authentic Spanish restaurant so close to home! Very good wine list. Great selection of Spanish dishes that can be ordered as tapas (small portions) or racion (full plate). We love to order several tapas and share. Their Gazpacho Andaluz (cold tomato soup) is the best we have had in the States. Do not miss the Jamon Iberico Spanish ham), the Tortilla Espana (not at all like a Mexican tortilla - try it!), or the Pulpo a la Gallega (octopus paprika). We like to eat at Tapas d'Jerez any night, but it is a real treat on the weekend with the live music. Try it - especially if you are interested in trying authentic Spanish food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and wine!COFOODIEDined on 7/12/2014We checked this restaurant out based on favor able reviews and we were not disappointed. The section of tapas and Spanish wines was great. The portion sizes for the tapas orders were much larger than expected so plan accordingly. They had to gentlemen playing Spanish guitar, which really made the experience great. Also if you are a soccer fan the restarutart are supporters of Real Madris and there were matches on the several TVs in the main dining and bar areas,Special Features:
- Wonderful!stagerpaDined on 7/9/2014Wonderful food and a very nice selection. The restaurant offers Tapas and also full plates, which we found refreshing. Our waitress was most helpful explaining certain dishes. She was very good and extremely pleasant. It was a Monday night and there was one fairly good size group, a smaller group and a family. Everyone appeared to be enjoying the food, drink and atmosphere. Would highly recommend this restaurant and we definitely plan on becoming frequent visitors. The menu offers a good selection of dishes and our meals were outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- donnaDined on 7/3/2014Food was very high in fat, nothing healthy, salami, cheese or fried food. Paella was very dry and not tasty. Shrimp was soaked in butter. the only item I liked was the dessert which was the flan, it was excellent.Special Features:
- BernieVIPDined on 7/1/2014The sangria was really good, but the food did not live up to expectations...the shrimp dish was especially poor.
- Great tapas!OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 6/29/2014We've been to Spain and this restaurant brings us back. You are greeted with a special treat on the house shortly after you are seated - very nice. They have several good choices of wines by the glass to go perfectly with their delicious tapas!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Spanish FoodChowhound802Dined on 6/25/2014I love Latin American food, even what we get here in the States, but if you're looking for tacos, burritos, or enchiladas, you won't find them here. This is a SPANISH restaurant, not Mexican. They serve authentic Spanish dishes, mostly from southern Spain, where Jerez is located. You can get full-size entrees (raciones), but first-timers are well advised to taste the samplers to get a sense of the variety of dishes they offer. Four of us were very well fed splitting two of the deluxe samplers. The plates come out individually, tapas-style, in succession. The lobster bisque is creamy and delicious, and the piquillos (stuffed chile peppers) are stellar. Jamon Iberico, clams in garlic sauce, etc., etc., etc. The treats just keep on coming.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Authentic and GloriousfoodfoodfoodDined on 6/24/2014I've eaten at great tapas restaurants before, particularly El Bulli in Sydney Australia. This restaurant in Denver is a shining example of tapas. The food was excellent. The place was very relaxing. I took my wife here for her birthday. While the outside is a shopping center, the inside of the restaurant is beautiful. If you're American, get used to not seeing your waiter at all times. Spanish culture is very relaxed and Europeans do not rush their meals. If you need the check at the end of your meal, it will take some time to pay and leave. Eating at this restaurant is meant to be an extended time of enjoyment. Stay a while and have a good conversation with your family. Otherwise, you might get upset over this cultural difference.Special Features:
- The following 130 reviews are from the Tapas D Jerez reviews archive.
- MageeVIPDined on 6/18/2014El Senor has consistently good food. The staff is very friendly. The interior is very colorful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Finally authentic tapas in Denver!KimmiehDined on 6/15/2014So happy to have found Tapas D Jerez! The food is authentic Spanish cuisine including amazing hot and cold tapas, paella and a great Spanish wine list. Our favorites were paella mariscos, tortilla espanola and the papas alioli. We will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Finally a Spanish restaurant!ItaluvrigoDined on 6/7/2014So glad we ran into someone that told us about this place, since my husband is from Burgos, Spain. It was our first time here and the service and food was excellent.We had Patatas bravas, which was delicious, I loved the sauce. Entrees were good sized, which we couldn't finished. We will definitely come back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Legit Authentic TapasVAHooDined on 6/4/2014Our family celebrated the one-year anniversary of a visit to Madrid and were not disappointed in the least. Their offerings are very authentic and perfect for sharing the experience of foods from the old country. Great service and value for the quality and amount of food. The only slightly lacking piece is the ambiance - but one wouldn't expect it to be perfect in a suburban strip mall. Definitely going back to sample some of the dishes we didn't get.Special Features:
- MageeVIPDined on 6/2/2014This is a fun place to eat. Small plates allow you to taste several food items. The 'hot' items were barely warm. The garlic shrimp were outstanding. The service could use some improvement.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great placeGuillermoSKIDined on 5/31/2014Is hard to find authentic tapas in Colorado, and this place took me back to Spain. Great food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great find!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/16/2014Happened upon this restaurant looking for Spanish food online. This was amazing. The food is fabulous and the friends I brought with me loved it just as much. Will be going back again soon.Special Features:
- Good experience for TapaskateylynnVIPDined on 5/15/2014Our group of 4 enjoyed Sangria, meatballs, potatoes, and chicken dishes; all flavorfully prepared and presented.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overall great placePPJ11Dined on 5/11/2014Very friendly and good service. Comfortable environment. Unique, varied menu and wine list. Love the live music instead of loud radio music. Don't like the TV's, find them distracting from having a nice dinner and having a nice conversation with our party. Last time we ate there, they were out of beef and tiramisu. Found that disappointing as two of our party wanted to order these items. Prices are reasonable. We are happy this restaurant is in our neighborhood.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Something newgatekeeper74Dined on 5/11/2014I brought my wife here for Mothers day for a nice and new surprise. Not very busy like the other reviews said, but very friendly and a different experience. Food was good wife loved it, it was a home run. Sangria was delish and a very light menu (small portions) hit the spot.Special Features:
- Great restaurant!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/10/2014Great mix of tapas and entrees. The traditional sampler was plenty for two people and a great way to try a little bit of everything. The gazpacho andaluz was amazing! Great wine list with several Spanish wines. We loved the live music too. Expect the service to move at a slower pace and you won't be disappointed.Special Features:
- Cute placeLooking4GreatnessVIPDined on 5/4/2014I went here with my sister and my daughters. It was fun to try new things and the food was unique and delicious!Special Features:
- Tapas and Friendly FacesmhkayDined on 5/3/2014Went for lunch on a Saturday, first time at the restaurant. Two of us ate at the bar and watched soccer on the flatscreen TVs. The staff were ultra friendly, the tapas were outstanding! We ordered the Tapas Sampler for two, a gastronomic soiree through the best they have to offer. It consists of six hot tapas and five cold tapas. We munched the afternoon away and had a fabulous time. We now have a local Spanish restaurant favorite!Special Features:
- A Great Place To EatDenverSwedeDined on 5/1/2014This is a very pleasant restaurant with wonderful food and a very good, but reasonably priced, wine list. We decided on the tapas sampler for two and were first served five delicious cold tapas. After setting aside some of them to take home, we were served six equally delicious hot tapas. Our wine was a Ribera del Duero which is our favorite Spanish wine and which went perfectly with our food. The sampler turned out to be too much food for us, so we'll probably go with something different the next time. It helps to study the menu on the website as the selections are very varied.Special Features:
- Good Authentic style TapasCaZskiDined on 4/30/2014Food was very similar to the Tapas I had in Spain. If you like to explore food this is a great option and fun experience. We had a group of 10 and one toddler and they we very accommodating! The owner and the chef came to say hello at our table. It was my sisters birthday and they made it very special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.