6920 Macleod Trail South
Calgary, AB T2H 0L3Neighborhood:
Tapas / Small PlatesPrice: CAN$30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.tangobistro.com/
- Phone: (403) 252-4365
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday: 11:00am - 10:00pm; Friday: 11:00am - 11:00pm; Saturday: 4:30pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 4:30pm - 9:00pm
Saturday and Sunday Brunch 9:30am - 2:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Global, International, Tapas / Small Plates
- Executive Chef: Gary Hennessey
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Catering available for all groups, large or small. Contact Conrad for details firstname.lastname@example.org or call 403-252-4365
- Special Events: We regularly hold wine tastings, wine pairings, beer pairings, etc.
A word from Tango Bistro
Tango Bistro serves small plates/share plates in a vibrant modern casual setting. Fully licensed with a great wine list.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Tango Bistro reviews from OpenTable diners
100 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (69)good for groups (68)special occasion (37)romantic (29)great for lunch (24)hot spot (16)notable wine list (16)late-night find (16)neighborhood gem (11)kid-friendly (7)great for outdoor dining (6)great for brunch (6)vibrant bar scene (3)Show More
- Loved it!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/9/2014Would recommend it and will visit it again. Loved it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HahaHahaDined on 11/8/2014Quite comfort around, but food portion not recommend , make you continue to order more , end up your bill will quite high what you expect . Certainly not recommend for party 3 or more. Services not so good with what we must paid 18% .....Special Features:
- Great for kids who are not pickyChareasterDined on 11/6/2014My husband is a chef and our kids love to try different kinds of food. It is great for kids because the food is shared family style and comes as it is ready - you don't have to wait for the courses. Kids love all the different options to try out.Special Features:
- Luv2dinDined on 11/4/2014Best date restaurant of the year :) <3 amazing good love to share ! Desserts a must here, our server was great with the other tables ours was lacking a bit but overall amazing can't wait to go backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Tapas StylerecordskipsDined on 11/3/2014I'd been here once before with friends and loved it so when I wanted to catch up with an old acquaintance, this was a no brainer. The food is delicious and the atmosphere is inviting.Special Features:
- nice restaurantmuzoDined on 11/1/2014we had a very good dinner on saturday night. tried 4 or 5 courses between the 2 of us. waitress was really good but I wish the gentleman who greeted us at the door and lead us to our table would have provided a bit more explanations about how the menu worked.... or not given us a happy hour menu with discounted tapas when it wasnt applicable at the time we were here. We had made our selection partly on that menu and had to scout through everything again when the waitress explained. Even she seemed unsurprised that that gentleman hadnt provided any explanation on the restaurant conceptSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, good service.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/1/2014Food was great, service lacked a bit. The menu needs to be expanded. We will give it another try.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SmokeyDined on 10/31/2014Enjoyed the food and service. It was noisy as there was a large group in the same area. would come again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Ambience!TWongDined on 10/30/2014I like this restaurant because I love its layout, furniture, noise level, and lighting. All seem perfect for a great, intimate and friendly atmosphere. I am able to hear my other table guests and the restaurant gives a cozy feel. Food selection is great! Even though I wish there were photos of the dishes as I do not know the portions of each, I think the dishes are all very yummy and there is a very balanced variety.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/30/2014There was a group of 7 of us and we had a fantastic time. The food and wine were delicious.Special Features:
- BarbOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/30/2014We were out on a girl lunch and it was great! Love the beet fries. All fresh and tasty. Will go back again for sure. Would try it out for a dinner with my husband for sure.Special Features:
- Great value!CalgarianDined on 10/28/2014Lots of time to sit and enjoy the company if friends over a great lunch. Terrific server!Special Features:
- Nice MealMikehDined on 10/26/2014Took my daughter here for her 24th birthday. I thought the food was very good (not Great though). That said I would definitely come back! The service was excellent And I loved the way the whole meal was presented.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was good, sevice was not.WillisDined on 10/25/2014The food was good as usual, but our server was very slow. We ordered a second drink about half way through dinner, and although he came back once to say it was being made, we still didn't get it by the time we were finished and ready to settle the bill. So we had to ask the server to cancel the drink order as we wouldn't have time to finish it anyway.Special Features:
- comfort food in small platesStevieBDined on 10/24/2014I was surprised to see "Comfort Food" like Meatloaf (Bison) and Brussel Sprouts (Yes, I did just use Brussel Sprouts and comfort food in the same sentence!) on the menu. We had the meatloaf, brussel sprouts, baked cauliflower and hunter chicken and it was more than enough for the two of us and everything tasted great.Special Features:
- Everything Excellent!!UncleSamDined on 10/17/2014Our very tasty dinner items were served by our male waiter, who provided exceptional service. Everything was good last time I visited, this time it was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good food but pressured by servermom3Dined on 10/11/2014Food was great, ambiance was fine.. server came over way too many times and was quite interruptive but she was sweet... we told her on several occasions that we wouls llike to keep our food as we were still enjoying out wine and conversation and every 10-15 minutes she was asking to take things away until finally one of my guests just said take it all away... then she promptly brought our bill... Our bill was close to 200$ and I just thought we could have stayed longer and had another drink and still eatem what was on our plates.. but we left aqnd finished our evening somewhere else.....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful dinnerPleasedDined on 10/10/2014Reasonably priced and terrific service made for a wonderful dinner with friends .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always AwesomeWookieDined on 10/10/2014We visit Tango a few times a year and have never been disappointed. We were there Friday night and had a new server, Mike and he was great! Perfect combination of being social and chatting/offering suggestions and leaving us to enjoy our evening. Great for groups, but we love going just the 2 of us also! We finally redeemed our points and used our OT dining cheque for the first time, the restaurant had no problem accepting it, which I've heard many other restaurants refuse, so that perfect tooSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great food and drinksOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/10/2014We had a great time and were well taken care of. Love the large gf food section tooSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- sweenieDined on 10/10/2014Introduced Tango to a girlfriend for lunch, and she thought it was great. Good food and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love their unique menu!NickiVIPDined on 9/30/2014This is one of my favorite restaurants in Calgary. I love their unique menu and the fresh ingredients they use. I have never been disappointed.Special Features:
- One of the best in Calgary604foodieDined on 9/27/2014First time at Tango Bistro and it was amazing. Went there with a friend and ordered the chilli, proscuitto flat, and gnocchi. The service was attentive. Manager was welcoming and ensured great service throughout. Definitely one of the very few good restaurants in Calgary and is a must try. The style of sharing plates is their specialty so it's great for groups.Special Features:
- birthday for girlseatmupDined on 9/16/2014Perfect location for girl's night out, plus they've added a few larger items for the men.Special Features:
- Great, but a bit noisy..OreoD2Dined on 9/12/2014overall the experience was great. We really enjoy Tango and frequent this restaurant a lot. This past experience was also great as usual, we came with two friends. we sat in a booth at the back by the fireplace, it was great… I may request this space next time. My only complaint this time was the table next to us was too loud, the four of us could hardly carry on a conversation.Special Features:
- Good start bad finishTango4zeroDined on 9/11/2014First two plates came out fast and we're very good! Last three plates took over 1 hour. Came out cold with no check in from server. No offer of any discount or complimentary service or compensation.Special Features:
- Food with Fabulous FlairRiaCDined on 9/5/2014Tango never ceases to impress me and whomever I bring along. The scallops were amazing as usual. Tried the Smoked Duck Poutine - very decadent! Only thing that was a bit off was the Orange Gelato Ice Cream Sandwich for dessert. The cookies were very hard - I was scared I was going to break a tooth trying to bite through. The gelato was SO yummy though.Special Features:
- JCPJCP21Dined on 9/5/2014Really fun small bites and sharing menu. The poutine was a bit of an adventure, as I was the only one who had ever had poutine before. We had a couple from Scotland who were very wary. I applaud them that most items on the menu are either glutton free or can be made glutton free. Some of our table favorites were the Masala fish fry, the scallops, and the prosciutto flat. The risotto was just so-so. Great and attentive service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice placeParksyKCCODined on 9/2/2014Enjoyed the evening, drinks and food was good for the most part. There were a few shell pieces in the oysters though :/Special Features:
- troubleVIPDined on 9/1/2014I love the smaller portions so you can try a variety of dishes. Scallops were fantastic!
- sweenieDined on 8/30/2014Again, everything was oustanding! It is always a treat to dine at Tango.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing ExperiencepaidfordinnerDined on 8/30/2014We went for our anniversary and had a wonderful time. The service was outstanding, the food amazing and it made our 1st experience their one to never be forgotten. I would highly recommend Tango to all my family and friends!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/28/2014The food as always was outstanding. Staff are great and make it a fabulous dining experience.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/23/2014Food was delicious! Beet lovers HAVE to try the beet fries!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellentajd123Dined on 8/13/2014The food was phenomenal! Every time I order scallops at a restaurant I am always disappointed, however Tango does it right! The scallops were perfectly cooked and the mushroom sauce complimented it perfectly. Also the bacon wrapped Bison is a must have! I love the Tapas style dinning, great for a group (as long as everyone is willing to share) and it is perfect for an intimate night out with a partner. The s'more dessert is tons of fun and a very unique Idea!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FoodieVIPDined on 8/11/2014Another great meal at Tango! Never disappoints! I appreciate the variety on the Business Luncheon menu, not boring and very tasty. One timy comment, was disappointed in the beet fries. Too big and soggy. Would have expected a bit more crispness, but overall, did not detract all that much from the meal.Special Features:
- sweenieDined on 8/3/2014The food again was superb! Even tried new items on the new menu - koodos. Never disappointed with what is served. A little disappointed with the service this time though, especially as it wasn't that busy. Maybe just an off night. Thanks again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this placeGirlzNightDined on 8/3/2014We first went to Tango in February & have been there 4 times now for different things. The service is always great, the staff is very knowledgable about the food & will make great suggestions if asked. We have never had anything we didn't like and the menu has changed slightly with every visit. The chocolate chip blood orange gelato cookies were a big hit this time! The other thing I really like is the value for the price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- small requestsNapkinLoveSwansDined on 8/1/2014When booking online I noticed the small requests box. Normally people would put "booth" or "table by a window" or "quiet section". Well I put "napkins folded into swans". Upon my arrival I found my table was covered in napkin swans! I didn't think they would actually do it but they did and it was such a pleasant greeting. The food and service was amazing and I can't wait to go back. Its nice to know that a restaurant will do anything to make your experience that much better even if it is doing a small ridiculous request like napkin swans.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 796 reviews are from the Tango Bistro reviews archive.
- Another nice evening at TangoOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/26/2014We have been to Tango several times and always enjoy the experience. Four of us visited last Saturday evening and were not disappointed. There is a good selection on the menu and everything we had was tasty, well prepared and arrived piping hot to the table. The service was also attentive and timely. We look forward to our next visit!Special Features: