2980 Los Feliz Blvd
Los Angeles, CA 90039Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.lawrysonline.com/
- Phone: 3236640228
- Hours of Operation:
Ale and Sandwich Bar: 11:00am-Daily Dinner: Monday-Thursday: 5:00pm-9:00pm, Friday: 5:00pm-10:00pm, Saturday: 4:00pm-10:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm-9:00pm; Brunch – Sundays: 10:30am-2:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Continental, American
- Executive Chef: Teri McLeod
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Live music in our pub & lounge every Friday & Saturday evenings – no cover charge! Special late night Happy Hour Friday & Saturday evenings from 10:00pm-12:00am.
- Special Events: Join us for weekly enterainment in our Ale & Sandwich bar, as well as monthly wine tastings and more! Visit our website to see all of our special events: http://www.lawrysonline.com/tam-oshanter/events
A word from Tam O'Shanter
The Tam O'Shanter is a dining legend in the heart of Los Angeles, here you will find the charm of a Highland inn. The qualities that built our reputation- superb food, outstanding service and a dedication to honoring our guests with the highest quality in value-are as strong today as when we first opened our doors in 1922.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
Tam O'Shanter - Best Restaurants in Los Feliz ›
Tam O'Shanter reviews from OpenTable diners
227 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (157)neighborhood gem (137)good for groups (97)romantic (66)fit for foodies (63)great for lunch (40)notable wine list (39)kid-friendly (36)great for brunch (33)vibrant bar scene (33)hot spot (11)late-night find (9)scenic view (2)Show More
- Not the sameWestwoodgirlDined on 10/23/2014Several of us have been going here for years to celebrate a birthday. I have noticed that the food is not as good as it used to be. I remember the food to have been better.Special Features:
- Happy AnniversaryButchVIPDined on 10/20/2014We celebrated our wedding anniversary here. The evening was delightful....the meal was exceptional. It's always a pleasure to bring friends to enjoy one of our favorite restaurants.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/19/2014Always great food. Love the prime rib. Although a larger cut would be nice. Good selection of desserts.Special Features:
- The TamForkboy22Dined on 10/18/2014Every time, always the best. Never too long a wait, and always worth it. Strong drinks, great atmosphere, very different from Lawry's, more neighborhood... and don't forget the Scotch Rarebit.Special Features:
- Good EatshopeformoreDined on 10/18/2014I am not a fan of eating red meat in restaurants. It's usually not very good and I am disappointed. This was not the case at the Tam O' Shanter. The prime rib was without a doubt the best I have ever had. The cut was fork tender and cooked to my specifications. The sides were very tasty and the Cesar salad was divine. Even the bread that was brought out was amazingly good. We will go back for sure. The only problem was the service, although very cheerful, was rather slow. They need more waiters.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another great dining experienceCraigDined on 10/17/2014Dinner on Friday. Reservations at 6:30...stuck in traffic, called ahead to advise..told no problem, they will hold the reservation. Arrived at 6:40, car to valet and seated within 10 minutes. Had a cheese and charcuterie appetizer. Delicious! Then Tam cut Prime Rib....wonderful. I love being able to have a Lawry's quality dinner without having to go all the way into the mid-westside.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tam O'Shanter never disappointsAtwaterDinerDined on 10/16/2014We've been going to the Tam O'Shanter for years, and it is one of our favorite restaurants. It's such a pleasure to dine in a place where the service, ambiance and food are equally excellent. The updated menu is terrific, the bar is hopping. And you can still get the best prime rib at the Tam!Special Features:
- KevinCVIPDined on 10/15/2014A classic. The deviled eggs are to die for. And the carving station in the bar is a great cheap meal.Special Features:
- SunshinerDined on 10/15/2014I hadn't been to Tam O'Shanter in 25 years & was glad to visit once again. I had the prime rib & it was delicious. I will definately go again in the not so distant future. The only bummer was the lack of public/ free parking, you almost have to use the valet which is good but an additional cost.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun Evening with FriendsnyeDININGDined on 10/14/2014Tam O'Shanter never disappoints! Food is always perfect. Love the soufflé!! Servers were friendly and efficient. We had a table of six people, who were all served on time........no mistakes. We will always go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 10/12/2014It's been a few years since i dined at Tam. I had high expectation as i brought my boyfriend and his family there to celebrate his birthday. I chose Tam over Lawry's primarily for Tam's signature dish Toad in a Hole. However, i was kinda disappointed that they ran out of Toad in a Hole. But the server did not inform us until the dishes for the rest of the party are already out. Then the rib eye dish was 'held back' until last dish was ready, which was a BIG mistake as the rib eye was totally ruined, came out dry and overcooked. We ordered MEDIUM RARE, but it came out closer to MEDIUM WELL. In place of Toad in a Hole, we ordered Roast Pot, just another disappointment, as the meat was way too dry and tough.
- Notable changes to menu.wheelsDined on 10/12/2014Even though the menu had changed somewhat, our waiter, Jonathan was familiar with the old offerings as well as the new offerings available. He made suggestions that turned out to be very good. He made us feel comfortable with the new menu selections.Special Features:
- megustacomerDined on 10/12/2014very much enjoyed our time. Food was good and fun was had by all!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good brunchWinoDined on 10/12/2014We had an excellent brunch, nice atmosphere, good food and service. The make your own Blood Marys are good too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very enjoyable!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/12/2014This is a wonderful place to share a meal with family and friends. It was so much fun that we will be doing it again soon! Will definitely recommend this restaurant to my friends and family.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Happy BirthdaygourmandDined on 10/11/2014None of us had been to the restaurant before. But, the meat-centric menu was ideal to celebrate my friend's birthday. He was thrilled with his rib eye and the special dessert the chef sent out. The manager dropping by to give his best wishes was a classy touch, and much appreciated.Special Features:
- yummy Tamscotty0TamDined on 10/10/2014consistently good food, known for their prime rib with delicious sides. Good for celebrations, expensive but sign up for their diner program and you can get good value back. Only complaint, kitchen was slow that night because they had several large groups that arrived prior to our being seated.Special Features:
- RSimonAntifoodieDined on 10/9/2014Service was excellent, ambiance old English and cozy. I had the trout which was rather dry. Others had Toad in the Hole and Pot Roast and liked it. Parking is $3.50 plus tip.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of L.A.'s great restaurantsvalleymomVIPDined on 10/7/2014You can never have a bad experience at the Tam. The food and service are top notch. My prime rib was just as ordered....medium rare....and delicious. Our server, Diane, was knowledgeable about everything on the menu including food, wine, beer, etc.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Comfortable SurroundingsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/7/2014Had not been here for 3 or 4 years. Came back with an out of town guest, a chef in fact. I was pleased to find the same hospitable environment and great food.My guest gave it a firm thumbs up!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/5/2014Excellent prime rib! Good sides. Only valet parking.Special Features:
- Go for that prime rib!MonaVIPDined on 10/5/2014We always are impressed with the prime rib. I should have known not to order the trout - it wasn't bad, but it just is not up to the same level as the prime rib. The fish was baked, and tasted like good quality fish, but it didn't have the oomph that the prime rib has. We like this restaurant, and if we have to go to that part of town, we try to build in a meal there.Special Features:
- DisappointedTJinVenturaCountyDined on 10/5/2014I hadn't been to the Tam in over two years and was greatly disappointed this past Sunday. I was dining alone and basically was shuttled off to the bar area instead of main dining room. I was there to have their brunch, and wasn't offered the orange juice or champagne. In the past I had ordered the English cut of their prime rib and this time it didn't even resemble what I had before. The slices were paper thin and I had to ask for horseradish as it and the au jus were missing. When I ordered, I asked about the souffle and the bartender had to inquire whether or not they served it at brunch. No one ever checked to see how my meal was and this will probably be the last time I dine here which really is a shame.
- FABULOUSOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 10/4/2014Has a wonderful evening dining at the Tam. There's no restaurant I'd rather dine at!Special Features:
- Tried and TrueFruFruDined on 10/4/2014As a self-proclaimed "foodie", I am always looking to discover the newest, most innovative restaurant, but I still love tradition. Thanks to Blackboard Eats, I rediscovered one of the oldest restaurants in Los Angeles! The decor is so Storybook Hollywood of the 20's. It is dark, and comfortable, with lots of ambiance. The wait staff is professional. I love Prime Rib, creamed corn and creamed spinach. Tam O'Shanter provided all that and more. I had the option of creamed horseradish or straight. Rather than the kind that comes from a bottle, this was the real deal. Kicked my tush! We had deviled eggs and "devils on horseback" as appetizers and topped everything off by having souffles for dessert. Oh, and, they know how to mix a drink!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/4/2014great food! service was slow but friendly. Server was very nice. recognized the birthday we had in group- nice. they couldn't seat us earlier than reservation time, but restaurant was not full.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent prime ribOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/3/2014The food was outstanding. Perfectly cooked and seasoned prime rib. The portions are how they should be (not huge). Decent affordable wine list. Friday night at 7:30pm and a lot of people were in shorts. I find that strange for a prime rib restaurant. The service was horrible. Our waiter was rude and lazy. Clearly burned out because he absolutely knew how to be a waiter. This is probably one of the best places to get a delicious prime rib dinner for a very affordable price (<$50). I won't be going back...because I like better service. But if you want prime rib and don't want to spend a lot of money, you should try it.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice until. . .PkammieDined on 10/3/2014Dining experience was going nicely until a family of 8 with 3 young children were seated. Two unruly children spoiled the dining experience for the entire room. Too bad.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always FunOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/3/2014If you like scotch, this place is a place for you; exceptional selection. Also, the ambiance is fun and friendly. The food is high end comfort food, plentiful and not cheep, but worth it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodTonyDined on 9/30/2014Had great food and friendly service. Will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ABSOLUTELY THE BESTtemeculabarbDined on 9/29/2014This was a find! Not familiar with the area so it was a gamble on choosing Tam O'Shanter from the internet. Quaint outside, like visiting England complete with an English phone booth, and beautiful inside with small rooms for dining. Friendly from hostess to "bus boy". Food outstanding with a varied menu. Don't really know about wine list as I am a non-drinker so I never looked. The waiter was attentive and friendly with a good understanding of the menu...very helpful. Restroom amazing too. Unfortunately I do not live in the area or I would dine there very often. Do yourself a favour and, if in the neighbourhood, visit it...it will be your favour too!Special Features:
- comfortableMarkob721VIPDined on 9/26/2014The best comfort food ever. Great service, excellent bar, consistent.Special Features:
- outstandingcharlotteDined on 9/25/2014GOOD FOOD and ATMOSPHERE even took our grand child early 6 pm and were excepted gracefully. Lot the charm of the rooms and good serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurant!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/21/2014The restaurant reminded us a little of another restaurant called Smokehouse in Burbank, but a lot more quiet. The food selection is great - we had the french onion soup, tempura green beans (which I loved!), diver scallops and ribeye. We liked everything we ordered and would go back.Special Features:
- bzrmDined on 9/21/2014Excellent spot for good prime rib dinners! Like a step back in time and a favorite in the bGlendale area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just like ScotlandGingerDined on 9/20/2014Except for prices in USD, this restaurant could have been on Byres Road in Glasgow. Wonderful whisky cocktails, food, service and ambiance. Kudos to the chef on her new menu addition, the poached lobster salad, which I thoroughly enjoyed!Special Features:
- Its an end to an eragcf12Dined on 9/20/2014My last visit to Tam O'Shanter was sadly disappointing. This was our go to family restaurant for close to 20 yrs! It seems like there has been a change in management, not sure but this new menu just falls short and not to mention that now all sides are a la carte. It really is unfortunate that out of our 5 person party none of us were satisfied with our food. I do have to mention that the older staff has always been and continues to be a delight.
- A ClassicSensibleSuDined on 9/15/2014Such a great place to dine. Food, as always, is outstanding. Famous for their prime rib. This is a great place for groups, special occasions, such as birthdays and anniversaries, and the service is wonderful. This restaurant should be on everyone's bucket list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dining at the TamjmolesDined on 9/14/2014Not nearly as good as it used to be. Seems like someone is making changes that are not at all beneficial to the guests.Special Features:
- DeliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/14/2014We had a great birthday dinner. We had the earliest dinner reservation of the day, and the restaurant was still relatively quiet. The prime rib, scallops, mashed potatoes, yorkshire pudding and sundae were all delicious. I wasn't a fan of the creamed corn, but that is probably just my taste. We were disappointed there were no double booths but sat at a table with comfortable arm chairs. The service was among the best I have encountered. I also appreciated the history of the restuarant and plan to return again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.