106 S. Swinton Ave.
Delray Beach, FL 33444Neighborhood:
InternationalPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://sundyhouse.com/
- Phone: 5612725678x
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday Brunch: 10:30am - 2:00pm
Lunch: Tuesday - Saturday: 11:30am - 2:00pm
Tuesday - Thursday: 6:00pm - 9:00pm
Friday - Saturday: 6:00pm - 10:00pm
Sunday 6:00pm - 9:00pm
Monday - Closed
Happy Hour: Tuesday - Thursday $5 martini, well drinks and house wine. Live. Five dollar drink special 5:00pm to close bar food 5:00pm - 9:00pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Continental, International, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef:
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Catering for cocktail parties, weddings and special events is available.
- Entertainment: Live entertainment on Sundays.
- Special Events: We offer happy hour at the main bar Tuesday thru Thursday $5 well, $5 house wine, $5 specialty Martini.
A word from Sundy House
The Sundy House Restaurant's stunning interior design and gardens provides an exuberant backdrop from our Chef's gastronomical magic - boasting culinary creations influenced by cultures from around the world. Whether seated outside in the spectacular tropical gardens, or in the elegant dining room, guests will be regaled in fine style!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
Sundy House - Best Restaurants in Delray Beach ›
Sundy House reviews from OpenTable diners
128 reviews since June 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.7Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (94)romantic (92)great for outdoor dining (88)great for brunch (78)scenic view (68)neighborhood gem (53)good for groups (41)fit for foodies (39)great for lunch (25)kid-friendly (9)late-night find (9)notable wine list (7)hot spot (6)vibrant bar scene (4)Show More
- A GemFoodieVIPDined on 10/17/2014Magnificent outdoor dining Great service & food Great place to go RomanticSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedGmanDined on 10/16/2014We have been going to Sundy House for our anniversary for 9 years. This was the first time after all this time that we were disappointed at both the menu and the actual food. Still ok, but just ok. Did not impress this time around. Will not stop us from going in the future, as the the service and the environment remain outstanding.Special Features:
- Wonderful birthday dinnerAnniversarierDined on 10/12/2014The week prior we went to Morton's in West Palm Beach for our anniversary dinner. Sundy's Filet Mignon is far superior, melting in our mouths. The outdoor lush garden dining was romantic and the staff was very friendly. We will go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great!pickyeaterDined on 10/12/2014This is one of the best brunches in the area! We have eaten at the Ritz, the Marriott, and several others, this is really a special place.Special Features:
- Absolutely beautiful place to dineBocaGuyDined on 10/8/2014If you have a special occasion or just want a quiet meal in an incredibly beautiful setting Sundy House is the place. The pictures of the grounds don't adequately capture just how amazing they are. This is one of those places that the meal is just a really good excuse to enjoy and outstanding venue.Special Features:
- Wonderful Dining ExperienceKenWDined on 10/5/2014The Sundy House is a beautiful setting for any occasion with excellent food and lovely ambience. It is a very popular place, but because we dined on a Sunday night the restaurant was peaceful and serene.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best brunchBigeyessmallbellyDined on 10/5/2014We have been here a couple of times for Sunday Brunch. The selection is wonderful and the service is great as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Heavenly!Pugmom61VIPDined on 10/5/2014Absolutely beautiful, especially the magical outdoor seating. Wonderful brunch, friendly and professional service. The buffet was plentiful, always fresh and fantastic. Love love love this restaurant!Special Features:
- Ehhh.....RayGVIPDined on 10/5/2014The service some how for a buffet was exceptionally poor....We were left waiting in the cramped area by the front door for about 20 mins, even though we had a reservation. We were finally sat and waited again for about 15 mins for the waiter to come over and take out DRINK order. All, this happened when the restaurant first opened so it wasn't even busy yet!The food is ok but not worth the $65-70 they charge for Sunday brunch.
- Excellent food in a special placeFoodlover74Dined on 10/4/2014Every last bite of each course was delicious. Great service and a lovely environment. Perfect for that special romantic evening or special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Relaxed AtmosphereLuvthisplaceDined on 10/4/2014Love the Sundy House. My wife and I head here any time we have a special night out with other couples. The filet is awesome. The casual setting inside or out is unique and very relaxing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- VioletMamaDined on 10/4/2014Food at the Sunday House is very good, the atmosphere is excellent, especially outside. I've dined here once before and the service the first time was great, but this time I'd say it was only mediocre. Our server was very nice, no doubt, but very slow (I had to get up 3x from the table to get him) and we asked for separate checks at the end of our meal and he told us he could not because we asked too late. I've been a waitress for 20+ years and I know that when I ring in food I keep track of who had what just in case the table asks for separate checks. 2 of the people with us did not drink so we couldn't just throw all our cards in and divide it evenly, otherwise we would have done that. The check was $634. Again he was at least very nice.Special Features:
- Great space, slow serviceLordBoyntonVIPDined on 10/4/2014This was our first visit to Sunday House. It is a charming locale, as you can tell from their website. We had dinner for 4 on a Saturday night in October, so not prime season for Florida. There was a small wedding party in one of the rooms, which may be the reason that our service was slow and not very polished. Our waiter was unfamiliar with the wine list and had to fetch someone who was, and once we had chosen a bottle it took a long time before it was delivered. We had been there 50 minutes before a basket of bread appeared on our table. The food was all tasty and well-prepared, so we will try them again in the hope that our first experience was not typical.Special Features:
- Wife's 49th birthdayGatorBullVIPDined on 9/30/2014Great service. Greeted with a "Happy birthday " at the hostess stand. Exceptional food as always. Very talented waiter sang happy birthday (great voice ) when presenting desert. Nothing special was requested. Everything was the restaurants doing. You can't ask for more!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NEVER DISAPPOINTS!RCTJCTDined on 9/28/2014Once again we brought guests for dinner and they were over the moon with the gorgeous setting in the heart of Del Ray. The hospitality was special and the food outstanding . They are making room reservations there as a gift for their son's anniversary they were so impressed Well done!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodAngieDined on 9/28/2014Excellent for brunch, this. Place is really amazingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden gemParadigmVIPDined on 9/27/2014An awesome restaurant. The food Is delicious and the service is impeccable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quiet CelebrationWiseOldOwlDined on 9/27/2014A great place to relax and celebrate life, love and new opportunities. Excellent outdoor dining options, with quiet tables for 2, 4 or small groups, secluded among a variety of tropical plants and garden setting. Although the menu was not extensive, the food (filet mignon, snapper special) and service were very good, and the wine and martinis were excellent. One of the nicest restaurants in South FL.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing experience...May111228Dined on 9/21/2014It was my first time visiting. I was referred by a co-worker and I would recommend this place to any and every one. What an amazing experience. We were seated immediately upon arrival. The view in the garden area is absolutely stunning and so well kept. Staff is all very helpful, smiling consistently and overall outstanding. The service was prompt at all times. Eevrything is clean and very organized. Thinking about taking a wedding tour there, because my significant other and I loved it that much...it would definitely be a great spot for our wedding.Special Features:
- AwfulLove2dineDined on 9/20/2014My wife and I were excited to try Sundy House due to all of the positive reviews. However, after ordering our meal, it took over an hour for them to bring the main course. The service was spotty at best. Most importantly, the chicken dish (at us$26 or $28) arrived not completely cooked. Additionally, the portion was roughly 3 ounces. Although after sending it back, and the manager apologizing, you would have thought that they would send over a complimentary dessert, or drink. Nothing. I would not recommend this restaurant. There are too many good restaurants in Delray to choose from.
- AMAZING HIDDEN GEM!FoodAficionadoDined on 9/16/2014Sundy House is an incredibly picturesque experience. In addition to excellent cuisine - everything fresh, quite plentiful and beautifully cooked -- this restaurant offers a unique ambiance. It is special as much money and good taste was put into creating the sense of being in a jungle - not what you would expect in the middle of Delray. Going there is always a special treat and at the moment, they have a wonderful fixed price dinner, 3 courses, for $35 every night but Saturday.Special Features:
- MaryDined on 9/14/2014Everything was fresh great crab legs and oysters, honey chicken off the chartsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- the bestmikeVIPDined on 9/14/2014if your elooking to splurge, this is def the place to do it at!!! best brunch ive ever hadSpecial Features:
- Great overall experienceSilverGatorDined on 9/14/2014Went for brunch and had a fantastic time. There are a great variety of items and every one of them was delicious. The desserts could use some improvement, but there is little room for sweets after sampling all of the savory offerings. Terrific atmosphere, food and service. A must-go if you've never been before.Special Features:
- b-day celebrationBoca1Dined on 9/11/2014The food was excellent, I'm glad I chose the Sundy house for by boyfriend's b-day dinner celebration. Staff was very attentive and the experience was perfectSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a perfect romantic placeINoticeTheDetailsDined on 9/9/2014We celebrated our 25th anniversary in the back garden at The Sundy House...it was simply perfect!...the ambience amidst the Amazonian jungle was devine, the evening luckily was heavenly for weather, and it was completely uncrowded...I had a salad and the grilled chicken with broccoli rabe and fingerling potatoes.....part of the summer special that was $35 for 3 courses...all was great...I ordered gelato for dessert and it came with loads of berries...yummy!...My husband's dishes were also very tasty...I would highly recommend this place for an outdoor special experience...in the garden only, as I did not experience the inside at all...I would love to take all my guests there too...I hope your experience is as special as our was...Special Features:
- AmazingveneixDined on 9/7/2014Truly a great experience. Make sure to explore the Sundy House grounds! Service met my expectations, but did not blow me away.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/6/2014Our waiter was untrained and quite frankly, would have been more suited being a bus person.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/2/2014I was impressed with the overall surroundings. The food was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved it!LeslieDined on 8/31/2014Beautiful setting, awesome food, high price but worth it once a year.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hit or missStreetDined on 8/31/2014Don't get me wrong when this place is good it's great. My last experience seemed to have poor service. Specifically really slow to refill drink, had to ask up to three times once. They saw us eating the crab legs and didn't bring an extra bowl or the little for like the previous 5 times I've been there. Food variety wasn't that appealing this time But that might be a matter of opinion. Either way like I said when this place is good it's a great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved it!!shytownDined on 8/30/2014I felt like a tourist in my own town....it was beautiful and the food was fab!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CelebratingHappyBirthdayDined on 8/29/2014We were celebrating a special friend's birthday. Sundy House was the perfect spot. It was like dining in our private outside dining with tropical landscape, water features, & birds. Food and srevice excellent. My husband and I spend a weekend here as a gift from our daughter & son-in-law. Couldn't have been a more perfect gift. Plan to stay here. You won't be disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful afternoonDrgiDined on 8/24/2014Very attractive , comfortable environment with an unbelievable assortment of all food groups.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointednitram1010Dined on 8/24/2014It took forever to get attention from our server throughout and took another 20 min. to get the bill. He came back 15 minutes later and had only charged my card $29, 20 minutes later he comes back with the correct charge. As we were walking through their garden afterwards, 15 minutes later, he chases us down and states that he only ran my card for a pre-authorization and wanted to run the card again. I showed him my bank account showing that $300 was processed and if he ran it again it would hold another $300. Manager came out, took the bill to handle it. After he didn't come back, I found him 20 minutes later and he had fixed it but didn't come tell us. Go to Valet, and they had lost my car keys. There went another 20 min.Special Features:
- ReneeDined on 8/24/2014Been going for many years and never disappoints. Still talking about the food days later. This time they seated our party to new street-side tables which was too noisy due to traffic. They accommodated us nicely under the gazebo in the gardens. In my opinion the street side seating is too far removed from the ambience of the Sundy House experience. They need to rethink this seating arrangement. I love this place!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Sunday BrunchdelrayfoodieDined on 8/24/2014The Sunday brunch was very good. Make sure to go with a big appetite! They have excellent mimosas and bloody mary's as well as a large array of food options. We were there for almost 2 hours just enjoying the music and the food. I would go again without a DOUBT. But as I said, make sure you go with a big appetite to get the best bite for your buck!Special Features:
- Always a great placeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/17/2014I haven't been to the Sundy House since about 7 years ago when my husband proposed to me. It brought back nice memories. First time for brunch and definitely won't be the last.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- brunch experiencecopre2Dined on 8/17/2014Very interesting and unusual setting. The cold food was kept cold and the hot food was hot. Excellent selection and excellent food. The price is very fair. I missed ice cream in the desert section.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful settings, delicious foodFaznonDined on 8/13/2014We selected this restaurant to celebrate our first anniversary. At first I was a little worried as we didn't get a live person on the telephone when we were calling to make the reservation. We used opentable, where I left a note asking for a romantic setting for our anniversary. All worries were forgotten when we drove onto the property. My wife actually said "wow." The valet met us at the front and showed us in to the maître d. When told our name, she immediately wished us happy anniversary. We were seated in one of the garden settings that was the epitome of a romantic dinning experience. Our waitress also wished us a happy anniversary. The food was delicious. I ordered a-la-cart and my wife the Prix fixe. Highly recommended. Will returnSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.