Sullivan's Steakhouse - Omaha
222 South 15th Street
Omaha, NE 68102Neighborhood:
Downtown / Old Market
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
Sullivan's Steakhouse - Omaha
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.sullivanssteakhouse.com/
- Phone: (402) 342-0077
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Chris Daley
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Please contact Lucia Sanchez, our Private Party Coordinator, to reserve space in one of our Private Dining Areas.
- Entertainment: Live Jazz 5 nights per week, Tuesday-Saturday, with some of Omaha's finest musicians. Please call for specific times and musicians.
A word from Sullivan's Steakhouse - Omaha
Sullivan’s is a vibrant neighborhood American Steakhouse featuring the finest steaks & seafood, hand shaken martinis, & live music. We offer comfortable fine dining in a lively atmosphere. From the moment you step inside our lounge for drinks, appetizers or dinner, you will feel the energy and excitement provided by our professional team. Sullivan’s serves the finest Midwestern hand selected steaks aged a minimum of 28 days, simply seasoned and broiled at 1,200 degrees, fresh seafood, a wide selection of cravable appetizers, soups, salads and side dishes. Our desserts are house-made daily. Our Wine Spectators "Award of Excellence" wine list offers an array of selections from around the world. Whether it’s for business or pleasure, we look forward to quickly becoming your favorite local steakhouse.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
Sullivan's Steakhouse - Omaha - Best Restaurants in Downtown / Old Market ›
Sullivan's Steakhouse - Omaha reviews from OpenTable diners
93 reviews since July 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (73)romantic (46)notable wine list (40)good for groups (28)fit for foodies (26)vibrant bar scene (12)great for lunch (8)neighborhood gem (8)hot spot (5)late-night find (4)great for outdoor dining (2)kid-friendly (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- Great all roundOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/8/2014Sullivan's Omaha will continue to be my main restaurant choice for special occasions or work meetingsSpecial Features:
- Great placeNancyDined on 11/7/2014The food was great. The service was great. Lovely place for something quick or a leisurely meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- steak was burntOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 10/24/2014I've been to Sullivan's before and I remember it being much better, but this time my wife's steak and mine were burnt and not enjoyable. We will not be returning. Mahogany steak house is much better.
- diesellpoweredDined on 10/10/2014My wife and I went to Sullivan's for a late dinner and were blown away by the whole experience . The food was incredible , service and atmosphere were the same as well.Special Features:
- Disappointed!budzeeDined on 10/10/2014Although the service was outstanding the food was very average! We were expecting so much more for restaurant that is somewhat pricey in cost. Probably wouldn't be back.Special Features:
- One of the best steaks in OmahaChocLindaDined on 10/4/2014We are new to Omaha. We have been in pursuit of the best steak since Omaha is supposed to be a steak town. We have been very disappointed in many of the traditional places that make the "great steaks" list. Sullivan's was GREAT though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceSteffiDined on 10/4/2014Made reservation for girlfriend's birthday. Valet parking for $5 is a great deal, especially in the crowded downtown area. Restaurant has nice ambiance with plenty of boxing photos on the walls. We started with glasses of red wine and chose the Prix Fixe menu. Both the strip steak and tenderloin were great! Sullivan's made for a great birthday celebration.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary Dinner #31Maestro3362Dined on 10/1/2014If your seeking a great place to share a meal with that "special" person or, that "special" occation,,,Sullivan's Steakhouse is a wonderful establishment to enjoy a superb meal! Even though the architecture of the room can be considered "serious" (walnut paneling & accents), the atmosphere is relaxed and less formal than what accually appears. This is respresented by the enjoyable staff who, attend to your needs that make for an enjoyable meal. For any future "Special" family dinner...SULLIVAN'S STEAKHOUSE receives my "vote-to-return!Special Features:
- There are better steakhousesCrestgangDined on 9/30/2014Went there to host business dinner. For 10 In past visits steak wasn't cooked well and service was snooty and so so. But others wanted Sullivan's. It turned out the food was delicious and well cooked. However, one featured entree was not available and we were the first in the restaurant to order dinner that night. Another popular steak on the menu wasnt available. Service fokks were pmeasant but not professional. Salads did nit come out tigether so half the table had to wait for the other half for at least five minites. Knives and forks werent replaced after the salad course. Drinks were wrong. Veggies just so so. We expected it would be costly but worth it for a great event but it was spoiled by the service.Special Features:
- Love!4theLoveofFoodDined on 9/21/2014We always have a wonderful experience ay Sullivan's. The service is great, the food is amazing and the Bananas Foster Bread Pudding is to die for!Special Features:
- Excellent spot for special occasionjp727Dined on 9/19/2014Great menu selections and fantastic cocktail selections. Steak was cooked perfectly and the waitstaff's wine and cocktail recommendations paired wonderfully with the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- adiner52Dined on 9/19/2014All the food was great except for the steak. One of the poorest pieces of meat I have had at an Omaha restaurant. Was expecting a wonderful steak from a steakhouse. Instead it was dry and had to saw it with my knife to cut and it was then VERY chewy. Told waitress and she said she would tell chef but nothing was done.Special Features:
- Gone way down hillDisappointedDinerDined on 9/13/2014Took my parents here over the weekend as it used to be their favorite restaurant. We were extremely disappointed. We waited 40 minutes past out reservation time, medium steaks were raw on the inside, and cold pie desserts were melting. Probably not going back.
- JODEVIPDined on 9/12/2014The Gorgonzola garlic topping was very salty but the steak was fantastic. Loved our time thereSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- UPOmahaDined on 9/9/2014I come into town 6 times a year and my largest client in Omaha is the UP. We come here for most of my lunch dates. It offers a great place to hold a lunch for a group of 4-8Special Features:
- lacking wow factorBswddsDined on 9/6/2014good wine list, menu was nice but food (sea food) was just average (especially for the price), the steaks at a neighboring table looked good, servers were all young and seemed a bit inexperienced for such a high end place. overall, good experience but not quite to the high price levelSpecial Features:
- Not as good as it once wasitzdapitzDined on 9/2/2014I was served a 6 oz. steak when I ordered and paid for a 8 oz. I ordered gorgonzola-garlic butter add-on to my steak and was treated to a 1/2" thick by 2" round slab of cold butter on top of my warm steak. The butter slab was so large it actually covered the whole steak and only partially softened rather than melt over the steak. It did not enhance the taste of the steak but rather obliterated it. All in all the worst meal I have ever had at a Sullivan's restaurant but not the first time that they tried to pass of a smaller, cheaper main course for a pricier one that I ordered. It happened one other time when ordering stone crab from the same restaurant. It will probably be a long time before I come back to this Sullivan's in Omaha.
- MurfDined on 9/1/2014They did not have what they advertised and was on the menu. The manager made no attempt to rectify the situation. Pretty much a total bust.Special Features:
- Over the top serviceMonsterDined on 8/31/2014From the moment we arrived the staff was very attentive to our needs. We were celebrating our wedding anniversary and it became obvious the entire staff was informed, as we were receiving congrats from anyone who stopped by our table. At the end of the meal they asked if they could take a picture of us in a scenic room, and we obliged. To our surprise a few minutes later they presented us with a homemade card with our picture and signed by everyone working that night. Sullivan's made the evening perfect in every way. Food was done and presented nicely and attention to detail was a priority.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- servicelovetodineDined on 8/22/2014Tiffany and the other servers did a wonderful job; very attentive, knew the menu and had lots of recommendations.Special Features:
- FabulouscngibiDined on 8/20/2014We were celebrating our anniversary and decided to try Sullivan's for the first time. We weren't disappointed. We had a super waiter, Anthony, who was very attentive and took our picture and presented it to us in a card signed by everyone. All the staff that came by our table wished us Happy Anniversary, including the manager. He even gave us a complimentary dessert. The food was absolutely delicious. The big surprise was a card in the mail two days later thanking us and wishing us Happy Aniversary again! Will definitely be going back.Special Features:
- Great experience...with an asteriskJdoellDined on 8/15/2014We had a wonderful time at Sullivan's. My wife and ordered from the prix fixe menu. My wife loved the calamari and filet! I enjoyed the cheesesteak eggrolls, lobster bisque and a sliced strip. Also had a delicious s'mores mousse. For a nominal corkage fee, Sullivan's allowed us to bring in a special bottle of wine for our tenth anniversary. Service was also quite good. The one bad part of the experience came after getting home, we realized our car had been damaged by the valet!! Not happy about that at all!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/9/2014The service was great! However, for a meal for two (2) that cost $184.00 customers expect the food to be great too. We found the food to be acceptable, but we were disappointed. This was the second time we patronized the restaurant and our earlier visit a couple of years ago was more satisfactory. The food was much better during our first visit!
- Never disappointsStandingFavoriteDined on 8/9/2014Great service great selection and great presentation. The food was prepared as ordered, the quality exceeds that of similar choices in Omaha.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurantSteakAddictDined on 8/8/2014Ordered a 8oz fillet mignon medium rare. Steak was cooked medium rare but more on the medium side rather than rare side. Seemed as though steak may have been forgotten while cooking on one side as it was slightly burnt and could definitely taste the charred part. However, the bourbon signature sauce was excellent and was strong enough to cover the charred taste without masking the flavor of the steak. My date had a fillet as well and hers was cooked perfectly medium and not burnt. Wine was fairly expensive as I was able to find a bottle of the wine we drank for $10 less than what we paid for two glasses, although they were fairly large glasses of wine. Some very minor things and a great experience, great waitress, will most likely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HmmmOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/2/2014The food overall was okay. We started with the wedge salad. Which was brown. I should have taken a picture. Not just a little wilty on the edges. But brown throughout. For the price of the salad and the type of restaurant...it shouldn't have been brown. The mac and cheese was just okay. Not even good. The steal was great. Perfectly cooked. Nice and tender. But the dessert was just so-so. The cheesecake itself was pretty good. But the graham cracker crust tasted a little off. Overall....not really worth the price.Special Features:
- Take someone specialwine4twoDined on 8/2/2014Celebrated our anniversary, great food, excellent service and made you you feel very special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent service and foodTerryRDined on 8/1/2014We were celebrating my recent retirement. The server soda great job of making it feel like the special occasion it was! The atmosphere is relaxing! Our meal was superb! The garlic horseradish mashed potatoes were the only think lacking in the whole meal. The steak was amazing, the Mac and cheese melt in your mouth delicious! The salads, and desserts divine! Thanks for a great dining experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappointsRowdyVIPDined on 7/30/2014We've taken customers here for the past 8 years and they always do a nice job. Food was great as expected.Special Features:
- Fun nightFoodieDined on 7/25/2014Exceeded our expectations for anniversary dinner. We even got a picture taken and printed by the restaurant staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 897 reviews are from the Sullivan's Steakhouse - Omaha reviews archive.
- Awesome foodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/19/2014Sullivan's exceeded my expectations. Great service, atmosphere and food. The calamari was fabulous and the steak was probably the best I have had in Omaha. Cooked perfectly! The after dinner drink Sully was just the right amount and again perfect!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not Bad for out WestBryanJBVIPDined on 7/15/2014I was in the area for work purposes so we selected this restaurant because it was close to the hotel. The steaks were excellent! Being from the east coast I stayed away from most of the seafood dishes except the crab cakes - which were excellent - although slightly different from what I am use to (they were more on the wet side - I don't know how else to explain it). I'd stick with the steaks and you won't be disappointed.Special Features:
- DominoDined on 7/15/2014Way below expectations...the steaks were ok, the sides were very unremarkable. The services was horrible...Upon arrival we went out to the patio for a pre-dinner drink and no one came by for 10 minutes. We finally left and went to our table inside and experienced all the mediocrity...
- Poor Service and cold foodRischDined on 7/13/2014Service was slow and inflexible on menu and dishes were not hot when served.Special Features:
- Upcharges everywhereSteveDined on 7/10/2014I get fatigued by the steak house "up charging" phenomenon; every thing we order, you can add to or make it bigger. This literally happened with our drinks ("can i offer you a more premium rum for your mojito"?), our appetizers, our steak ("you can make it 16 oz"), etc. I have a menu: I can order myself without all the reminders!
- An Omaha OMG! :)RomeoDined on 7/9/2014Was in Omaha for a business trip, and my business associate and I were looking for an outstanding steakhouse. I consulted Open Table. This was a great find! the food was terrific, the wait staff friendly and helpful, and the atmosphere very inviting. When the opportunity to visit Omaha comes up again, I will most definitely dine at Sullivan's again.Special Features:
- Treated like royality, but1234bDined on 7/8/2014It was our 25th wedding anniversary and we were treated like royalty, receved a great photo signed by the staff and a complementary dessert! However, my daughter's leftover rib-in filet mignon did not get put in the tidy take-home box! The missing steak was not discovered until the next day. Otherwise, it was a lovely evening.I would recommend this to a friend.
- DinnerStevoDined on 7/6/2014We ate at Sullivan's for my wife's 50th birthday and had an awesome experience...as usual. Food, service and atmosphere were all top-notch. Could not have had a more enjoyable time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RomanticBecandLenDined on 7/5/2014Love this place for our anniversary. Every year. Lots of attention but not too much to interrupt a romantic evening. Noise level low even when large groups nearby. Great ambiance. Love the Bar (especially when Piano is going)Special Features:
- Premier SteakhouseJsmit197VIPDined on 7/3/2014Great dinner and service! Food recommendations were right on the spot and wait staff was very attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.