50 Daniel Street
Milford, CT 06460Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.stonebridgerestaurant.com/
- Phone: 2038747947
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:30am - 4:00pm,
Sunday: 11:30am - 2:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Sunday: 2:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Brett Keating
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Dancing, Delivery, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: The Stonebridge Restaurant provides the perfect ambiance for every occasion...from friendly informal gatherings, bridal or baby showers, rehearsal dinners, wedding receptions, to corporate functions such as luncheons, meetings, and seminars.
The combination of our excellent food, a professional staff that is sensitive to your specials needs and our commitment towards excellence, your event is destined to be a most memorable one.
- Private Party Contact: Phil Conine 2038747947x
- Entertainment: Live entertainment on the weekends.
A word from Stonebridge Restaurant
The Stonebridge, a classic New England setting located on the Wepawaug River, offers choices to suit most any desire. We specialize in casual American Fare, with dishes featuring Fresh Seafood, choice cuts of Beef, Poultry & incredible Homemade Pasta Dishes. Only steps from the harbor, customers flock to the "the Bridge" to enjoy fresh lobster, lobster rolls, crab cakes & brick oven pizza. Our Main Dining Room offers a more formal dining atmosphere and our classic inside bar and dining area surrounded by rich Mahogany. For a more relaxed atmosphere, our patio bar and dining area is opened up to the sky in the warmer months and is enclosed by glass in the colder months so you can experience the warmth of inside and the scenic waterfall views of outside. Multi tiered decks & patios over look the river provide customers full lunch & dinner menus, also offering lighter fare menus. After sunset, "The Bridge" is the acclaimed hotspot, featuring live bands every Friday, Saturday & Sunday.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
Stonebridge Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Milford ›
Stonebridge Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
40 reviews since May 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (30)good for groups (18)vibrant bar scene (16)great for lunch (14)hot spot (13)neighborhood gem (13)scenic view (12)special occasion (12)romantic (10)great for brunch (7)late-night find (5)fit for foodies (4)kid-friendly (2)notable wine list (1)Show More
- Friday 8/22/14JCPCDined on 8/22/2014Reserving a time was very easy and done online. Had to change the time the day of our reservation and had no problems. Was seated in the main dining room where we were the only couple there. It happened to be our anniversary so being seated in there alone made it more than special. John our waiter was fantastic. We have food allergies and he was very helpful in placing our order. Food, pricing and service makes this place one of our favorite places to eat out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ReservationOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/9/2014I made my reservations for a group of 4 ahead of time,tru open table,but when arrive to the restaurant ,iwasnt any seating avalaible outside,i did have the choice when i did the reservation to especified that we want to sit outside,overall ,food was great,service was greatSpecial Features:
- Missed the boat on this oneSelectiveDined on 8/1/2014My dad selected the restaurant to celebrate on the day his 60th wedding anniversary with my mom, my husband and I. I called when making the reservation about the special occasion and noted it on the Open Table reservation. Nothing, not a thing, was done by the restaurant. Not even a good wish. The waitstaff did sing happy birthday to someone at another table. The food was fine, the service was ok. They ran out of the wine that my husband ordered and it took a very long time for the waiter to bring him a glass of wine. They don't give a lot of wine, the glass was less than half full, considering they charge $7 to $9 for a single glass of wine.Special Features:
- MLeafs27Dined on 8/1/2014Had a very nice dinner outside on the deck area. Thank you. We will be returning again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable EveningGoaliemomDined on 8/1/2014We ordered and shared the Blackened Scallops Salad & Chicken Marsala, both were delicious and we would ordered them again. Our waitress was pleasant and efficient and it was a busy Friday night. We will most assuredly eat there again when we are in the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday Birthday dinnerLouBDined on 7/27/2014Wonderful Sunday dinner with family. Stonebridge was very accommodating, with either inside or outside dining for a group of seven.Special Features:
- Worth a visitJaneVIPDined on 7/26/2014Highly recommend the mussel Gorgonzola as appetizer or main. Also had lobster roll, CT style, which was delicious. Restaurant was bright and airy, with outside dining. Service was friendly and attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Stonebridge-MilfordGordyVIPDined on 7/23/2014Great location in downtown Milford, the Mecca for cool restaurants in Milford. Had oysters nd Lobster M & C - delish! Place was very busy, albeit by 9:30 the crowd was gone, WED evening! Food looks is a good value but not a special menu. Staff was very friendly and helpful! BUT, Whew!! the restaurant needs a thorough cleaning! Spare tables, chairs, mobile bars, were randomly stuffed in corners, aisles, and along the walkway to the back parking lot. What a mess and the floors need scrubbing & refinishing! The back parking lot is too small, surface is trap rock and very treacherous. The garbage bin was just in the back and really had a tough odor... Place has so much potential but looks like it's on management "auto pilot"!Special Features:
- AmazingLmnoDined on 7/19/2014I loved dining out. It's romantic or a hot spot with the friends. Dinner was amazing delicious, no complaints. The drinks were fun with something for everyone. At night it's more out a social bar scene. I'm definitely going backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/28/2014A great day to enjoy being outdoots, the ambiance & food were perfect & the staff let us take our time to enjoy the experience.thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointed.Need4excellenceDined on 6/26/2014The service and cocktails were very good the food was marginal. It seems the food has taken a back seat to the increasing outdoor business which consists of lots of pizza. What started out years ago as an upscale establishment has given in to the tee shirt crowd.Special Features:
- Fathers Day VisitKayKayDined on 6/15/2014Because Father's Day was a beautiful warm but dry sunny day we decided to take a ride to Milford to eat outdoors. The food here is consistent and outdoor seating in just lovely next to river. Prices reasonable to slightly above but on a great day outdoors it is worth the extra price per meal to enjoy the great outdoors. Always a good stand bye.Special Features:
- A good meal in a foreign country.AbbyDined on 6/13/2014Please help the wait staff. Make sure they all have a quality corkscrew and know how to open a wine bottle. Please tell them never to touch the exposed lip of the bottle once the seal has been removed. Please don't try to take my plate with food still obvious. All of the food was delicious, on time and all cooked to perfection! The grilled salmon with pine nuts on parmesan risotto was amazing. Indoor or outdoor seating, a very nice setting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- parking situationhappydinerDined on 6/12/2014I had reservations for 6pm on a Thursday and when I arrived there was no parking in the restaurant lot as it was FULL.. Really? - FULL at 6pm so even with reservations you couldn't go in???! I am a senior citizen, not handicapped, just senior, and it was very difficult to have to find parking 2 blocks away and walk. What does a patron have to do in the future? Reserve a parking spot as well when making dinner reservations?! For this reason it will be a long long time before we attend dinner here again. Seniors spend a lot of money when they go out to dinner at a nice restaurant and some consideration should be given to them to make it easier for them to do so!
- Good Food & AmbienceBracelerDined on 6/7/2014Stonebridge is a good spot for seafood and local flavor. The patio is excellent in the time. If one is looking for a nice dinner get reservations earlier in the evening (before 8:30) to avoid the noise from the outdoor bar ruining your conversation. Negative: Bugs everywhere on the back patio. Really put a damper on the last meal. Declined desert just so we could leave.Special Features:
- Dinner at StonebridgeJCPCDined on 5/31/2014The service was fantastic and they really stuck to your reservation time as ours was at 7:30 pm and we were seated right on time. Great PlaceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thank you Stonebridge!NancyCDined on 5/17/2014We came to Stonebridge for a pre-college graduation celebration for my daughter. It was the perfect choice! Meals were awesome, atmosphere beyond wonderful, menu selections and prices were great. I can't believe we have not come here before. Definitely will be considered one of our top restaurant choices from now on. Thank you Stonebridge for making a memorable occasion very special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JbgurnDined on 5/10/2014It's been a while since I have been to the Stonebridge Rest. Interior was completely remodeled and updated. We were seated swiftly and the server was right there to offer his daily specials and take out drink order. We opted for the 2 for $27 menu which there was quite a selection for this special. Dinner was exceptional and was very impressed with everything We'll definitely go backSpecial Features:
- Very good for lunchJohnWVIPDined on 5/9/2014I am not a lunch person, but accepted the invite of a friend to meet for lunch during the week. I wasn't disappointed. I have eaten at Stonebridge many times, mostly dinner and occasionally for group functions. This day I had a delicious salad with blackened fish that was more than satisfying and filling. I even left some room for dessert. It may not have been an outstanding meal, but it was very good. Everything was prepared competently and was flavorful. I will continue to go here (in fact, I will be eating here next week) and I am certain I will enjoy a very nice meal each time.Special Features:
- Excellent, howeverCooch56Dined on 5/3/2014I am from Long Island, N.Y. and I was looking for a restaurant in Ct. that had a water view in hopes of having a romantic dinner with a female friend. I went to the "net", and the Stonebridge popped up. It advertised a "water" view, and needless to say, I was visually disappointed. However, the waiter, Jonathan Paul, was excellent, the overall service was excellent, and the food was delicious!!!!Special Features:
- change of chef or products?OpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 5/2/2014We are long time guests of this restaurant, have always enjoyed it. We noticed the past times we were there more and more inconsistency in the food - we are ordering the same or similar menu items each time, but the quality of the products used and even the preparation of these products seems to be changing. Scallops are smaller and of lower quality, food is over-seasoned, calamari was undercooked but served almost a full hour after ordering. Waitstaff was kind and great but kitchen having problems? Service compromised as a result.
- The following 242 reviews are from the Stonebridge Restaurant reviews archive.
- DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/26/2014Maybe, the room we had was more for overflow. First time back after remodel. Very loud. Did not make for an enjoyable dinner.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 4/24/2014I choose Stonebridge as they were participating in Dine Out for Life. A large & energetic crowd had gathered for an event, we sat in the formal dining room, which is lovely and a welcome respite from the crowd. The service was friendly and our server, personable. Details need to be addressed: re-filling water glasses, clearing used bread plates, taking away one person's plate although the others were not finished eating. I trusted my server to make the right choice from the entrees that interested me and he was on target. The swordfish was perfectly cooked; an anomaly since I arrived in CT as everyone overcooks fish here. We also enjoyed the desserts immensely; nice change from the ubiquitious chocolate lava cake.Special Features:
- Our compliments!!!Birthdaygift2014Dined on 4/5/2014My visit to your restaurant on this particular evening was a birthday gift from my daughter who had arrived to visit from Pennsylvania. Because I have enjoyed dining at your restaurant a number of times, I suggested that we go to your restaurant and ask for the dining room, seated off to the side and near the fireplace. We were more than pleased with all services and the environment. The food was delicious! Very proper and polite server and didn't "hover".....My husband and I have enjoyed dinner in the same dining room and thought it was spectacular! Would highly recommend Stonebridge for any event. (outside or in!)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mom's 85thDineNDashDined on 4/2/2014Recently, my partner and I took mom out for dinner to celebrate her 85th birthday. I requested a table with a view of the falls, and the staff accommodated us. Mom had never been to Stonebridge, and she was delighted with the experience, as were the two of us. From cocktails to apps to entrees, everything went well, and the food was superb, perfectly cooked, and seasoned appropriately. This seems like a small thing, but it's amazing how many restaurants still can't seem to season dishes appropriately. The plating was done well also, which is very important to the overall dining experience, as we eat first with our eyes. Service was handled attentively and courteously. We had a wonderful time, and mom will remember it fondly.Special Features:
- First time visitPopsicleSensei2012Dined on 3/29/2014Overall a fantastic experience. Maria our server was very nice and helpful. The food was amazing and would come back for sure.Special Features:
- Disappointmentfab5Dined on 3/15/2014Food was good......bar was too noisy...............the restrooms in the bar were HORRIFIC!!!!!!! Based on their condition, we will not return.........
- My husband, sister and brotherCoopkcwDined on 2/2/2014My husband, sister and brother took our aunt and uncle (both in their 90s) for a birthday luncheon on 2/2/13. Understand it was just reopened after renovation. Wonderful food and the waitstaff and manager were very accommodating with special food requests and honored a point system for my elderly relatives. They have been frequenting this restaurant on a weekly basis for years. Thanks for a wonderful time. Kathy WhiteSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food! I would notNewYrsDinnerDined on 12/31/2013Excellent food! I would not go there again on New years eve...had to wait 2 hours for a taxi to pick us up in MilfordSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding!!!BillyADined on 12/26/2013We just moved to Milford and was celebrating our 25 anniversary. I had ask for a nice corner table.They had 2 locations picked out for my table choice. The food and service was great. It was special that they all greeted us with Happy Anniversary and took special care!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We sat in the bar area andFishDined on 12/11/2013We sat in the bar area and had a good time with our server and with Campy, who we all know (who doesn't). We all enjoyed our meals, but, I had the best brussel sprouts that I've ever had in my life. They were the Appetizer on the Specials menu, although I had them with my meal. I should have ordered some to take home, they were outstanding. I also had a wonderful Cabernet that our waiter recommended, St. Martini (or something like that). Now I have to try to find it retail. We all loved our meals. Good job!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- our first visitkml23185VIPDined on 11/26/2013Very nice experience, Food was very good as was the service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasantly surprised at StonebridgeSnowbearDined on 11/16/2013We hadn't been to Stonebridge in a while and found the service and food outstanding. We look forward to our next visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Brunch, really?3BrunchBuddiesDined on 11/10/2013Although I and my companions enjoyed our experience, we were a bit disappointed in the Brunch menu. The website for the Stonebridge Restaurant has a fairly extensive selection, but when we got our menus, brunch had been reduced to 4 items! They also serve their regular lunch menu, which looked very good, but we were all expecting breakfast foods. With a little bit of tweaking we were all very happy with the "frittata" we ordered. We all substituted the lobster, from another dish, for the crab that was supposed to be in ours. Our waitress was very good and we would definitely try this restaurant again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our son was in a play @ theBAMMDined on 10/19/2013Our son was in a play @ the Milford Center for the Arts & we were celebrating his performance along with a belated birthday! All four of us were members of the "clean plate club" by night's end. Very nice service, food & of course, company:)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wish we lived nearerNewYorkerDined on 10/18/2013We had a wonderful dinner that was the steal of the century: two steamed lobsters for 24 dollars. The two lobsters were easily 2 1/2 - 3 pounds combined and this was the first time I could not finish a lobster dinner. Perfectly cooked, served with great mashed potatoes, the only thing missing was some vegetable on the side, like corn on the cob or something similar. Excellent wine for 5 dollars a glass, great service, and a very satisfying dinner. Too bad we were only in the area for a conference and could not visit this restaurant more often due to distance. Highly recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not Up to PardonnaDined on 10/11/2013Not up to what we had encountered in the past. Went during Restaurant Week and ate of that menu. Stick with the regular menu as it seems like it was a bulk meal rather than freshly made.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food was outstanding.FishDined on 10/10/2013The food was outstanding. In the future, I would like to eat in the quiet dining room. I had worked a long week and the noise level was very difficult. I also had a difficult time hearing my friend who was there for her birthday. But the food was worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunch.PhillyDined on 10/5/2013Met some friends for lunch on a sparkling Saturday. Thank goodness I had the foresight to make reservations. There were three parties going on and the place was packed! There was no parking on premises so I had to go across the street. The food was pretty good with generous portions. Our waiter was good too - given that it was so crowded and busy. I will return - hopefully when here aren't any parties going on...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good peopleCTBigDogDined on 9/27/2013good service, nice staff, but the way I found this restaurant was Google search for waterfront dining. If you look carefully through the trees off the outdoor dining deck by the back bar you will see a brook. Must sometimes turn into a real river because they have a line of sandbags at the edge of the parking area. Some interesting things on the menu, but execution was not there. Steak au poive was missing the piove, like they just forgot. Good bar scene on Friday night.Special Features: