1415 S. 18th Street
Saint Louis, MO 63104Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.sqwires.com/
- Phone: 3148653522x
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast / Brunch Menu Saturday 8 am till 2 pm.
Breakfast /Brunch Menu Sunday 8 am till 3 pm.
Tuesday - Friday Lunch 11 am.
Tuesday - Saturday Dinner 5 pm.
Bar menus always available between Lunch / Brunch & Dinner.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Organic, Vegetarian, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Bethany Budde-Cohen Owner
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Delivery, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: The chefs at SqWires Restaurant work their culinary magic for your parties in our unique catering spaces or at your home or office. Our options emphasize flexibility and we will tailor the menu to fit your specific needs for breakfast, lunch or dinner. Whether buffet style or multi-course plated meals, cocktail receptions or boxed lunches, SqWires will ensure that your event is a masterpiece. SqWires Annex accommodates seated and cocktail events up to 150 guests. The Front Room is a more intimate setting perfect for groups of 60 or less.
- Private Party Facilities: Adjacent to the restaurant is SqWires Annex. A unique venue that accomodates seated and cocktail events up to 150 guests using our main level and our mezzanine. Plan your next business function or party in the warm and inviting atmosphere of SqWires Annex or for your smaller more intimate events, the Front Room can accommodate up to 50 guests.
- Private Party Contact: Karen Kruse 8886566518
- Entertainment: Live music Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday brunch, featuring artists showcasing the best of St. Louis" rich jazz and blues traditions.
- Special Events: Weddings, Rehearsal Dinners, Business Meetings, Showers, Holiday Parties
- Cross Street: Park Avenue, Lafayette Square
- Public Transit: Just a three-minute cab-ride from downtown, SqWires is a 15 minute walk from the Union Station Metrolink Station.
- Parking: Private Lot
- Parking Details: SqWires offers easy parking in our private lot, as well as ample on-street parking.
A word from SqWires
St. Louis" most ardent food-lovers are regulars at SqWires. Our seasonal menu, created by owner and executive chef, Bethany Budde, features creative interpretations of classic American cuisine, with the freshest seafood, prime meats, and indulgent desserts with our trademark simplicity and richness of flavor. Located in the historic Lafayette Square neighborhood, in the former Western Wire Factory, SqWires preserved original 19th century elements and added handcrafted fireplaces, comfortable leather banquette seating, restored overhead factory pulley systems, industrial ceiling fans and exposed brick and beams to create a notable setting for you to meet and eat and drink. Our outdoor dining is available to enjoy the St. Louis weather in spring and summer.Continued
With an extensive martini menu, ten local craft beers on draft, 50 wines and full bar the choices are sure to please, as is live blues and jazz Thursday through Sunday.
With an extensive martini menu, ten local craft beers on draft, 50 wines and full bar the choices are sure to please, as is live blues and jazz Thursday through Sunday.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
SqWires - Best Restaurants in St. Louis ›
SqWires reviews from OpenTable diners
55 reviews since July 4, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (33)fit for foodies (25)great for brunch (23)great for outdoor dining (22)good for groups (19)great for lunch (13)special occasion (10)hot spot (8)vibrant bar scene (6)romantic (4)notable wine list (4)scenic view (2)late-night find (2)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- ExcellentStLouisstyleDined on 10/22/2014A terrific business with creative food selections. Awesome atmosphere.Special Features:
- Noisy for dinnerluvtotalkDined on 10/21/2014I was surprised when I arrived and found that the table reserved for my dinner group of 4 was right next to the noisy bar. At my request, they did move us as far as possible from the bar, but was still noisy as you would expect. Last time I went there they had a dining area separate from the bar, so I didn't know the seating arrangements. Unfortunately, the dinning area is only used for parties. Food and service was good, but would not use this restaurant again for a conversation dinner.Special Features:
- Boss's DayWoffordFamilyDined on 10/16/2014We wanted to impress our boss for Boss's Day and it was her first time dining there. She asked for her meal to not contain certain items, which made it longer for them to prepare than the rest of the meals at our table. For a little while she had to sit there and insist on us eating and not wait for her food. We felt bad, but she was fine once it arrived. She did state she would try it again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best BrunchMizzouGirlDined on 10/12/2014Love this restaurant and the Sunday brunch is awesome! Can't beat the Bloody Mary/Mimosa bar - so good!Special Features:
- Squires, 10 October 2014OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/10/2014The main dining room was occupied with a private party. I was unaware of this when I made the reservation. We were seated immediately in the bar area which was so noisy it was impossible to converse without raising your voice. The food was just passable for the price. The wine list s adequate but, as usual in St. Louis, 2-3 times the retail price! Shameful!Special Features:
- Great Sunday BrunchSTLdowntownerDined on 9/21/2014A group of 6 and each of us had something different - all were very good. Loved the brisket hash, the omelets and the biscuits were better than anything I've ever made! I'll take out-of-town guests there again, and will look forward to going there frequently myself.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Really bad foodGlobalphileVIPDined on 9/17/2014Though they refunded my entree and gave me a gift certificate, my salmon entree was one of the worst I have had in some time. It was over salted and peppered as was the side. They redid it and was cooked too raw. My guest's filet was also under cooked. I had a wonderful lunch at Olio. I would go there instead.
- Great For Business LunchStormfrontDined on 9/17/2014The food at SqWires was amazing. All six of my employees (was taking out for an appreciation lunch) raved about the food and the atmosphere. Service was great and food was prepared extremely well. Easy to park and food was brought out very quickly. Thank you SqWires!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/13/2014The Bloody Mary bar was fantastic and the brunch was even better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CDHADined on 8/24/2014We enjoyed our brunch on Sunday. Delicious food and fun atmosphere!Special Features:
- It Was Just OKAGSMomDined on 8/23/2014The restaurant it's self was very quaint but the tables are right on top of each other. The chicken and rice soup had an oiliness and canned flavor and the cup portion was very small for the price charged. My chicken caesar salad was very bland.Special Features:
- frequent flyerDee111Dined on 8/16/2014My husband and I love your restaurant, we come in every weekend and when we have company we have to come in and show off the bloody Mary bar!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of our favoritesSespears84Dined on 8/6/2014We had our wedding reception in the Annex part of the restaurant, which is one of the reasons we love going, but the food and the ambiance are lovely. It's cozy inside and the waitstaff are always been pleasant and attentive. On our wedding anniversary they offered us complimentary champagne and dessert and on my husband's birthday gave us complimentary bread pudding. We love this place!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/3/2014Three friends met here for brunch that had not seen each other for months--the staff was so patient and wonderful with us and let us just visit with each other and never needed to ask for anything, very attentive to our needs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Variety and QualitySouthernAppetiteDined on 7/25/2014The dinner menu provides a host of options. All seemed appetizing so it was difficult to choose! The Tasting Board was an enjoyable appetizer and the pan seared salmon was tasty as well! Brunch is also nice here as well.Special Features:
- Loved it!iliketoeatVIPDined on 7/22/2014My co-workers and I were in St. Louis and could not get a hotel downtown so we stayed closer to St, Louis University and picked this restaurant from Open Table on a whim. We loved it!! Great old renovated factory/warehouse, fun entertaining menu and very nice waitstaff. Did not rush us and let us order apps separate from dinner so we could take our time.Special Features:
- Okay at bestRondaBVIPDined on 7/12/2014We were there for dinner on Saturday night - there was also a very large wedding party in the private room. However, if the restaurant cannot handle both well, they should just close for the private party. One person ordered fish & it was very small, charred, tough & literally inedible. He sent it back & got another piece that looked better on the outside, but was still chilled in the middle. Two other people had dishes that were just lukewarm - not hot. The guy filling water glasses spilled ice & water on the table & just walked away. We had to ask a waiter for a towel to wipe up the mess & he just handed it to us & walked on to the next table. It was utterly ridiculous. Not again. (The only saving grace was the guitarist/vocalist)Special Features:
- Great BreakfastOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/12/2014This was one of the best breakfast meals I've had in a long time. I got the hash/brisket/eggs meal and it was absolutely fantastic. The Bloody Mary bar had tons of garnishes and snack food as well. A+.Special Features:
- Birthday CelebrationAtlasDined on 7/11/2014I booked SqWires for a birthday group of 11. The table was set and ready to go at my reservation time, and fit everyone perfectly. We order drinks, then apps, then food and didn't feel rushed by the great staff. Everything tasted great and the menu seemed to have something for everyone. Live music was a great touch but at times a little hard to hear each other. Would def go back, plus I hear they have a great brunch I'll try next with a mimosa and Bloody Mary bar. Parking Lot Too! Enjoy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 167 reviews are from the SqWires reviews archive.
- hooferDined on 6/27/2014SqWires is a great restaurant. The setting is very unique. The food was very good. It was a little noisy due to the cavernous nature of the place. The service was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome Local Find!undercoverfoodieDined on 6/15/2014We were in town visiting St. Louis and decided to stop by for brunch. It was amazing! The service was great. Our server checked on us multiple times and was super friendly. The food was incredible! So many good choices we didn't know what to choose. I don't think you can go wrong with any of their items. The mimosa bar was also incredible! Filled with different juices (orange, grapefruit, etc.) and toppings you can add. They also had a martini bar for those who prefer that. I loved the decor and ambiance of the place. We cannot wait to go back to St. Louis and stop in for a bight to eat!Special Features:
- Atmosphere trumps the foodOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/13/2014We love Lafayette Sq and chose Sqwires because of the area. Most people were eating outdoors, so there were only a few people inside. Our server was very professional and did everything right. The food coming out was slow and she came back to check on us. We weren't in a hurry, so didn't mind. I ordered chicken wings, my husband ordered a special entre--beet and spinach risotto, and we split a small salad. The wings had an asian sauce and were good. The salad was wonderful. The risotto was disappointing: dark pink, hardly any spinach with a few pieces of dry chicken strips (which cost extra) on top. We ordered the strawberry/blueberry cobbler only to discover there were no blueberries.Special Features:
- Great birthday experienceBorndayDined on 6/11/2014I had a small birthday dinner here and it was excellent! All the members of my group are still raving about out wonderful experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Brunch in Saint Louis!mollskbDined on 6/8/2014We went to SqWires for Sunday brunch and loved every moment! The staff were friendly and helpful. The waiters gave honest opinions when asked about dishes. The floor manger came over to check on our table. The Bloody Mary and mimosa bars were amazing and made the entire meal more fun. The wait for our food was minimal and since we had a chance to play bartender at the mimosa bar we didn't even notice a wait. The food was delicious - I highly recommend the brisket and hash or the shrimp and cheddar grits. The portions are generous and perfect for sharing. The live piano music was the perfect compliment to brunch - we loved the songs that were played. SqWires is one of the coolest restaurants I've seen! All around, the perfect experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lackingLuvSTLfoodDined on 5/29/2014Came to Sqwires to celebrate a birthday and really disappointed in our visit. When the reservation was made, we specifically stated this was for a birthday celebration, there was no hint of anyone knowing. The service was poor, seemed our waiter couldn't handle his tables, felt rushed all night long, not the way I like to dine. The food quality was lacking. I had the shrimp and grits and the grits were think and chunky, not creamy at all. The only good thing about the evening was the bread pudding for dessert. Very sad I chose this place to celebrate my birthday, won't make that mistake again.
- Service was horrible.gpjr29VIPDined on 5/23/2014Kitchen was late getting food out - Server was late letting us know. Manager offerered very little for compensation.
- Poor service and bland foodMegnspan3Dined on 5/10/2014I brought four friends here for brunch this past Saturday and I was embarrassed that I had suggested it because of the awful service we received. It seemed as though we were coming in on the tail end of everyone's shifts and they were tired and slow and extremely inattentive. Consistently. The last time I was here this wasn't the case at all so I'm not sure what happened but I was very disappointed. No meat in the meat dish I ordered, no sauce or flavor either. I ordered the brisket hash to eat brisket with potatoes, not just potatoes. The Bloody Mary is the only reason I'll go back. I expected much more SqWires :(Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gem of a placeOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/4/2014This was our first visit to Sqwires and LOVED it. They offer a Sunday Bloody Mary and Mosoma bar that is wonderful! Food is terrific (try the fried green tomatoes, yummy!) and service was outstanding!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice placeRandyDined on 5/3/2014Nice place with good food.I would recommend this to a friend.
- FavoritewisewomanDined on 4/26/2014SqWires has become a favorite for me. Good food, good ambience, good service. What more could one want? I searched the internet for a place to eat brunch in St. Louis on a Saturday. SqWires won hands down for their varied and eclectic menu. I could say the same for lunch and dinner there as I've experienced all three to my delight.Special Features:
- Consistently wonderfulSVOLDined on 4/25/2014I took my out of town girlfriends here for dinner during our annual girls' trip. We enjoyed every one of the items we ordered. The hoisin wings were a big hit, as was the broiled fish tacos and shrimp and grits. The biggest star was the veggie lasagna, which we all decided we would try to recreate in our own kitchens. The service is always good. We spent a lot of time having cocktails and talking and never felt rushed. All are reasons I continue to go to Sqwires.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food!Food1VIPDined on 4/24/2014Had an enjoyable evening at Sqwires. The food was excellent! Had the mushroom appetizer, salmon dish for me, and meatloaf for my dinner companion. The appetizer was to die for! The salmon I would rate higher than the meatloaf, but both were good. Would definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Such a shame!ChrissyjoDined on 4/24/2014The place is very attractive, the 3 piece band was great, the food very good ..... The bartenders ehhh! The waitress pretty bad...at a place like this, you should not be given your entree while you still have most of your starter. Unfortunately we won't be back and it all has to do with the all around service. Such a shame! But St. Louis has soooo many dining options that we don't have to return somewhere with such bad service.Special Features:
- Bad serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/23/2014Food and atmosphere is great but we're consistently seeing terrible service. There are no runners or busters, and only 2 servers. Sometimes the hostess helps out but we waited at least 20 minutes for beverages, and beverage refills. Server rarely comes back to check and when she does....takes forever to get what you need. You guys have to kick it up on service...it's really frustrating and not rocket science.
- Can't Wait to Go Back!EmilyDined on 4/12/2014We went to SqWire's for a Bachelorette party. The entire wedding party is from Saint Louis, but has recently moved to the East Coast. Needless to say, we plan on going back the next time we are in Saint Louis! The service was beyond excellent, and the menu had a wide variety... but not too many choices to make you feel overwhelmed! (I had the Chicken Pot Pie and it was delicious!) The ambiance was outstanding, and the live musician was great. They had a lovely outdoor seating area, although we did not get to sit there. Overall, I think this restaurant is great and I will recommend to St. Louisans and out-of-towners alike!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The whole staff was very niceashtynReedVIPDined on 4/12/2014The whole staff was very nice and accommodating and the experience as a whole was great and will definitely try this place again. Only negative was that our server was a not as attentive to my table as he was to his other tables, and was not as friendly. Not going to guess why that was bc I get the fact that people get busy or they just have better rapport with others; all good... Especially since the rest of the restaurant staff made up for our server's lack of.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Short Staffed?OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/11/2014I wonder if they were short staffed the night we dined. We waited about 15 minutes for our drink orders to arrive and then another 15 minutes to take our order. We ordered our appetizer and entrees at the same time due to the wait. After about 30 minutes our entrees arrived before our appetizer. The wait staff was apologetic and we were able to return the appetizer. The food was good but not exceptional. We will not be going back the next time we are in the Lafayette Square area.
- Slow serviceHarryDined on 4/11/2014Even though the place wasn't packed, our service (from time to order to when we received our appetizer or meal) was extremely slow. One of our drinks came in a dirty glass and another (Bloody Mary) was so bad my wife asked for something else, and it turns out we were still charged for it. Two of our four meals (ahi tuna and chicken pot pie) were very good. The diner who had the shrimp and grits barely ate any of it (although I tried the shrimp and they were a nice size and tasty). The big disappointment was the salmon. Although it was hot, it had no taste and was very dry. This was my first visit to SqWires, and will be probably be my last.Special Features:
- Too loud, no wowOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/5/2014We still love the setting. We have gone there five or more times in the past couple of years. The food seems to be less exciting - sometimes great, sometimes not. This time in my beans and rice the tomatoes were awful and there was very little seasoning. The spinach salad was good. With multiple servers we had to rearrange both salad and main plates as the servers couldn't keep it straight. With so many new places opening up Sqwires needs to kick it up a notch and pay attention to details.
- new brunch favgus47shoesDined on 3/30/2014met friends for a sunday brunch. my entree, the waffle with ham, to me was too heavy on the ham...very salty. would order something next time. loved the bloody mary bar. want to come back in warm weather to take advantage of the outdoor seating and want to try the dinner menu. its a lovely area of st. louis. can't wait to bring my adult kids here. great slim jims and bacon!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.