Spinners Rootop Revolving Bistro & Lounge @ Grand Plaza Hotel-St Pete Beach
5250 Gulf Blvd
St. Pete Beach, FL 33706Neighborhood:
St. Pete Beach
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Spinners Rootop Revolving Bistro & Lounge @ Grand Plaza Hotel-St Pete Beach
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.spinnersrooftop.com/
- Phone: 7273601811x39
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch Daily: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Dinner Nightly: 4:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, View, Wine
A word from Spinners Rootop Revolving Bistro & Lounge @ Grand Plaza Hotel-St Pete Beach
Experience the awe-inspiring panoramic view as the restaurant slowly revolves 360 degrees. Located on the 12th floor of the hotel, Spinners Rooftop Revolving Bistro & Lounge is the only Revolving Restaurant on the West Coast of Florida. Every table has a view!! Savor fresh seafood, beautifully prepared hand cut steaks and signature pasta dishes for dinner and specialty sandwiches, fresh seasonal salads and classic burgers for lunch.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
Spinners Rootop Revolving Bistro & Lounge @ Grand Plaza Hotel-St Pete Beach - Best Restaurants in St. Pete Beach ›
Spinners Rootop Revolving Bistro & Lounge @ Grand Plaza Hotel-St Pete Beach reviews from OpenTable diners
153 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (142)special occasion (106)romantic (90)great for lunch (22)neighborhood gem (21)fit for foodies (19)good for groups (18)notable wine list (15)great for brunch (14)kid-friendly (14)hot spot (9)vibrant bar scene (9)late-night find (9)great for outdoor dining (2)Show More
- Not For FoodiesbrunchaholicDined on 9/27/2014The draw here was the promising menu and the revolving rooftop view. The view was beautiful but the food was very, very basic with a $$$ price tag. I would call it home cooking at best and that might just be an insult to home cooks everywhere! Wine list was uninspiring as well. Our server was attentive but unfortunately did not have much of a product to sell. Been there, done that and would not return or recommend.Special Features:
- Romantic NightOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/27/2014I took my fiancé out for a romantic evening and she loved it!!! Great wine great service and great food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/27/2014Amazing view, service and food. I was a server for 28 years and it's great to see someone who knows what they are doing for the customer, I and my family was very impressedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ServiceTampaBayDined on 9/24/2014Our server, greeter, and staff were extremely courteous, helpful, and welcoming.Special Features:
- Great for ViewNancyBDined on 9/22/2014Prompt and attentive service on a Monday evening. The view is wonderful even though we didn't get a sunset due to overcast skies. There are plaques giving the direction you face as the table area spins with distances to cities which were fun. The food was excellent. I had a salmon dish that was perfectly prepared. The Tuna Tartare appetizer is spectacular. The roof you pass below the windows is quite ugly, but then again, who's looking at the roof.Special Features:
- Bad ServiceLakelanderDined on 9/21/2014Waitress stole table from server who was waiting on us. Service started out ok, but went downhill very fast. Cant believe I tipped 18%Special Features:
- Great30thanniversaryDined on 9/20/2014We had a wonderful time, reservations were perfect. They called morning of reservation to confirm. (made reservation weeks in advance)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best views on St Pete BeachOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/20/2014All good. However, because the kitchen is twelve floors below the revolving dining room and there's only one SLOW elevator, you will wait for your food. But, with the constantly changing beach scented, gorgeous sunsets and distant city views, you really don't notice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome view and foodOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/18/2014First time here since it was renovated from a lounge to a restaurant. Loved everything about it. We will definitely come back again. We live in Tampa but it was worth the drive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreatdiningDined on 9/18/2014This was a wonderful dining experience I will go back there again . I have dined all over the USA and this was the best all around experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 360 degree viewsbmf224Dined on 9/17/2014Not only were the views beautiful and the sunset spectacular, but the food was excellent as well. Definitely recommendSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CindyDined on 9/17/2014Went for Dad's birthday, mostly because of the view. The food was tasty, but not anything you can't get at any restaurant on the beach, and the mixed drinks were not very good. We went for lunch because I could not get dinner reservations for 8 weeks! They were not busy at all for lunch (230-3pm) but still did not feel like service was very attentive. I don't know if I would go back, but it is nice to experience once. It seemed pricey for very basic food, you really pay for the view, and the directional cards that tell you how far away other places are.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great "all around"OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 9/15/2014Fantastic view, great service and food, very comfortable, just lovely for a romantic dinner. Got reservations just a few days before our Monday night dinner for 7 pm since sunset was around 7:30. Not a very large dining room so most tables are right at the windows, giving everyone incredible views for miles. The ugly roof that reviewers are referring to is not the dining room ceiling; it is the rooftop of the hotel that you sometimes see out the windows, and our waiter assured us that this will be repaired soon. Once it is dark all you see are the lights of the beachfront and off into the distance on the mainland. Perhaps slightly pricier than other places for the food but the view is priceless!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Romantic charm great food drinksJohnK55Dined on 9/14/2014We are from Wisconsin and my sister who lives in the area, recommended Spinners. Unique where the dining room revolves so everyone has a view of the Gulf. Fabulous in all aspects.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Week-end with GirlsSwizzleDined on 9/14/2014Love the spin. Food and service were excellent. Have been many times and will continue to come.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great night!SunsetDined on 9/13/2014We stayed at the hotel and had dinner at Spinners. It was a great night. The food was delicious and the ambiance is outstanding!Special Features:
- Wonderful as alwaysBettyboop1Dined on 9/13/2014The filets are some of the best that I have had in Florida.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Spectacular ViewsToj6Dined on 9/13/2014I would highly recommend this restaurant.It was our Wedding Anniversary and we wanted somewhere special. The views of the sunset were absolutely breath taking. The service was excellent and the food was great and reasonably priced!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wait timeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014The view was amazing, the waiter was good to us, BUT we had to wait 1 1/2 hours for our food, by that time the Bread was hard on one of the meals.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My new go-to placeInSearchOfDined on 9/13/2014Having lived in St Petersburg only a few years, I have had a hard time finding a beach restaurant for a nice lunch with family or friends. We had a great lunch, good food and beautiful scenery. The prices were about the same as any of the others along the beach, but the food was much better. Although it was Sunday, the place was mostly empty. I almost didn't want to write this review so I could keep the place all to myself!!! I can't wait to go for dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Vale pela vistalffm13Dined on 9/7/2014Restaurante fica na cobertura de hotel como uma vista maravilhosa de toda a praia. Ele vai girando lentamente assim voce tem a oportunidade de apreciar de todos os ângulos. Sempre bom fazer a reserva pois é bem concorrido. Vale a pena visitar.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- vacationlovers2Dined on 9/6/2014We went for our 25th Anniversary. good view, window seat. Our food was not very tasty. My prime rib was tough and had no taste. My husbands seafood was just ok, nothing special.Everything else was pretty good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wonderful dining experienceMaizey1Dined on 9/5/2014My fiancé and I went to spinners for our anniversary and we both had a great time! The service was wonderful, the view was amazing and the food was the best we've had in a while! We just moved to Florida in April and the was by far the best dining experience we've had since moving to Florida if ever! I will definitely recommend this restaurant to friends!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- amazing view and great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 9/3/2014We are locals but we had family in town and wanted to do something different. We came here for dinner and the sunset views were amazing. Because it is glass and revolving, every seat has a perfect view for the meal. Everyone in our party really enjoyed their meals as well. The appetizers were great! We order steaks, chicken and pasta dishes too that were all tasty. We had some special requests for the entrees (regarding the preparation) and everything came out to our specifications. We have other out of town guests coming to visit soon and plan to take them here as well since the experience was so unique and enjoyable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BuenisimoDivinoDined on 8/30/2014Celebrated my sisters birthday and we loved everything about it. The view,food and service was excellent! Will definitely recommend my friends and family. First time there and will not be my last!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great service...good foodwineNdineDined on 8/29/2014Great view...I suggest a sunset dinner for the beautiful view. Although the city lights were spectacular, nothing beats an ocean sunset view. So I will be returning. The food was delicious. The staff was very attentive and had excellent food choices...I had a really good time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent place!sjhavInVIPDined on 8/29/2014This is an excellent place to dine at. Their food is scrumptious and their service is top notch. Dave was our server and he is one of the best servers that has served me over the years.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing viewsCanadianGirlsDined on 8/29/2014Great food and service and amazing panoramic views of St.Petes beach. Our only suggestion would be to do a better job of repairing the roof below the dining room. It was a little unsightly to look at.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- You Won't Forget The View!Rick4USDined on 8/27/2014In the restaurant business location is everything and this restaurant has it. A revolving ring of tables atop The Grand Plaza Resort in St. Pete Beach. The menu has all the basics and priced very reasonably. However there is room for improvement. The staff is professional and attentive and the décor is simple because you cannot distract from the view. Glistening ripples of gulf waters, angel white sand, palms dancing in the breeze and a slow-motion explosion of colors at sunset. As you can tell, I didn't forget the view.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great view/ average foodAceitVIPDined on 8/23/2014Don't go if you think it'll be fine dining. Felt like a bus stop
- free hamburgerdabaldeagleDined on 8/23/2014one person in our party ordered a hamburger and wanted it well done it came very rare ,they redid the order and said that seeing as that person was not able to eat at the same time as the rest of our party as the 2nd hamburger came when every one else was almost through with their meal that they would take it off our bill --a very nice gesture (the baldeagle )Special Features:
- RoofSpideyDined on 8/16/2014The view is great just don't look at the roof..... Needs repairsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BeautifulYummyhouseDined on 8/15/2014This restaurant was beautiful! The view of the city was spectacular. The food was great, the atmosphere was perfect for why I was there. Very cozy and romantic. The staff was great and attentive. Love it and can't wait to go againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special nightnightoutDined on 8/15/2014The service was outstanding and the food was excellent. Amazing sunset views over the ocean. They made our Anniversary night and gave us an unforgettable memory.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wedding Anniversary.Brain1967Dined on 8/15/2014We booked this for our 19th anniversary. I asked up front when booking that we got a seat just past the bar so with the rotation we would be facing the sun for sunset. Perfect table...perfect service and perfect food made for a perfect night. Thanks to the hostess and our server Ron.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always great!HlanzaraDined on 8/15/2014We limo Maggiano's so much. Even in Atlanta, Las Vegas and NOW, in Orlando, the kind attention, service and great food make social a y ocasion.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/10/2014Spinners has a spectacular view but is lacking in most other dimensions
- Stunning views and great serviceSWhiteDined on 8/9/2014We are locals and this was our first time coming to Spinners. I was absolutely pleased with the entire experience starting with fantastic service, great food and spectacular food. This is a special occasion spot so it was packed on a beautiful Saturday night. The energy of the restaurant is high because there is a bar area in the middle of the spinning restaurant, but I was not bothered by the noise or the crowd. You are made to feel truly special here by everyone and it was one of the best birthday dinners I've had in a long time. We will definitely be returning in the future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Spinners Rooftop ReviewroundthetownDined on 8/9/2014Delightful revolving restaurant experience. Excellent food. Excellent service. Reasonably priced. Scenic view of St. Pete Beach and surroundings. Look forward to visiting again!Special Features:
- Ambiance GaloreMyTwoCentsVIPDined on 8/6/2014Enjoyed a wonderful dinner at Spinners and planned the meal perfectly to coincide with a gorgeous beach sunset. View was incredible. Everyone at my table enjoyed their meal and the dessert was outstanding. If I'm back in the St. Pete area, I will be returning to Spinners.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.