Spinners Rootop Revolving Bistro & Lounge @ Grand Plaza Hotel-St Pete Beach
5250 Gulf Blvd
St. Pete Beach, FL 33706Neighborhood:
St. Pete Beach
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Spinners Rootop Revolving Bistro & Lounge @ Grand Plaza Hotel-St Pete Beach
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.spinnersrooftop.com/
- Phone: 7273601811x39
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch Daily: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Dinner Nightly: 4:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, View, Wine
A word from Spinners Rootop Revolving Bistro & Lounge @ Grand Plaza Hotel-St Pete Beach
Experience the awe-inspiring panoramic view as the restaurant slowly revolves 360 degrees. Located on the 12th floor of the hotel, Spinners Rooftop Revolving Bistro & Lounge is the only Revolving Restaurant on the West Coast of Florida. Every table has a view!! Savor fresh seafood, beautifully prepared hand cut steaks and signature pasta dishes for dinner and specialty sandwiches, fresh seasonal salads and classic burgers for lunch.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
Spinners Rootop Revolving Bistro & Lounge @ Grand Plaza Hotel-St Pete Beach - Best Restaurants in St. Pete Beach ›
Spinners Rootop Revolving Bistro & Lounge @ Grand Plaza Hotel-St Pete Beach reviews from OpenTable diners
150 reviews since May 21, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (139)special occasion (102)romantic (92)great for lunch (24)notable wine list (19)neighborhood gem (19)fit for foodies (18)good for groups (18)great for brunch (15)kid-friendly (14)late-night find (9)hot spot (8)vibrant bar scene (7)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Romantic charm great food drinksJohnK55Dined on 9/14/2014We are from Wisconsin and my sister who lives in the area, recommended Spinners. Unique where the dining room revolves so everyone has a view of the Gulf. Fabulous in all aspects.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Week-end with GirlsSwizzleDined on 9/14/2014Love the spin. Food and service were excellent. Have been many times and will continue to come.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great night!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014We stayed at the hotel and had dinner at Spinners. It was a great night. The food was delicious and the ambiance is outstanding!Special Features:
- Wonderful as alwaysBettyboop1Dined on 9/13/2014The filets are some of the best that I have had in Florida.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Spectacular ViewsOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/13/2014I would highly recommend this restaurant.It was our Wedding Anniversary and we wanted somewhere special. The views of the sunset were absolutely breath taking. The service was excellent and the food was great and reasonably priced!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wait timeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014The view was amazing, the waiter was good to us, BUT we had to wait 1 1/2 hours for our food, by that time the Bread was hard on one of the meals.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My new go-to placeInSearchOfDined on 9/13/2014Having lived in St Petersburg only a few years, I have had a hard time finding a beach restaurant for a nice lunch with family or friends. We had a great lunch, good food and beautiful scenery. The prices were about the same as any of the others along the beach, but the food was much better. Although it was Sunday, the place was mostly empty. I almost didn't want to write this review so I could keep the place all to myself!!! I can't wait to go for dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Vale pela vistalffm13Dined on 9/7/2014Restaurante fica na cobertura de hotel como uma vista maravilhosa de toda a praia. Ele vai girando lentamente assim voce tem a oportunidade de apreciar de todos os ângulos. Sempre bom fazer a reserva pois é bem concorrido. Vale a pena visitar.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- vacationlovers2Dined on 9/6/2014We went for our 25th Anniversary. good view, window seat. Our food was not very tasty. My prime rib was tough and had no taste. My husbands seafood was just ok, nothing special.Everything else was pretty good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wonderful dining experienceMaizey1Dined on 9/5/2014My fiancé and I went to spinners for our anniversary and we both had a great time! The service was wonderful, the view was amazing and the food was the best we've had in a while! We just moved to Florida in April and the was by far the best dining experience we've had since moving to Florida if ever! I will definitely recommend this restaurant to friends!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- amazing view and great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 9/3/2014We are locals but we had family in town and wanted to do something different. We came here for dinner and the sunset views were amazing. Because it is glass and revolving, every seat has a perfect view for the meal. Everyone in our party really enjoyed their meals as well. The appetizers were great! We order steaks, chicken and pasta dishes too that were all tasty. We had some special requests for the entrees (regarding the preparation) and everything came out to our specifications. We have other out of town guests coming to visit soon and plan to take them here as well since the experience was so unique and enjoyable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BuenisimoDivinoDined on 8/30/2014Celebrated my sisters birthday and we loved everything about it. The view,food and service was excellent! Will definitely recommend my friends and family. First time there and will not be my last!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great service...good foodwineNdineDined on 8/29/2014Great view...I suggest a sunset dinner for the beautiful view. Although the city lights were spectacular, nothing beats an ocean sunset view. So I will be returning. The food was delicious. The staff was very attentive and had excellent food choices...I had a really good time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent place!sjhavInVIPDined on 8/29/2014This is an excellent place to dine at. Their food is scrumptious and their service is top notch. Dave was our server and he is one of the best servers that has served me over the years.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing viewsCanadianGirlsDined on 8/29/2014Great food and service and amazing panoramic views of St.Petes beach. Our only suggestion would be to do a better job of repairing the roof below the dining room. It was a little unsightly to look at.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- You Won't Forget The View!Rick4USDined on 8/27/2014In the restaurant business location is everything and this restaurant has it. A revolving ring of tables atop The Grand Plaza Resort in St. Pete Beach. The menu has all the basics and priced very reasonably. However there is room for improvement. The staff is professional and attentive and the décor is simple because you cannot distract from the view. Glistening ripples of gulf waters, angel white sand, palms dancing in the breeze and a slow-motion explosion of colors at sunset. As you can tell, I didn't forget the view.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great view/ average foodAceitVIPDined on 8/23/2014Don't go if you think it'll be fine dining. Felt like a bus stop
- free hamburgerdabaldeagleDined on 8/23/2014one person in our party ordered a hamburger and wanted it well done it came very rare ,they redid the order and said that seeing as that person was not able to eat at the same time as the rest of our party as the 2nd hamburger came when every one else was almost through with their meal that they would take it off our bill --a very nice gesture (the baldeagle )Special Features:
- RoofSpideyDined on 8/16/2014The view is great just don't look at the roof..... Needs repairsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BeautifulYummyhouseDined on 8/15/2014This restaurant was beautiful! The view of the city was spectacular. The food was great, the atmosphere was perfect for why I was there. Very cozy and romantic. The staff was great and attentive. Love it and can't wait to go againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special nightnightoutDined on 8/15/2014The service was outstanding and the food was excellent. Amazing sunset views over the ocean. They made our Anniversary night and gave us an unforgettable memory.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wedding Anniversary.Brain1967Dined on 8/15/2014We booked this for our 19th anniversary. I asked up front when booking that we got a seat just past the bar so with the rotation we would be facing the sun for sunset. Perfect table...perfect service and perfect food made for a perfect night. Thanks to the hostess and our server Ron.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always great!HlanzaraDined on 8/15/2014We limo Maggiano's so much. Even in Atlanta, Las Vegas and NOW, in Orlando, the kind attention, service and great food make social a y ocasion.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/10/2014Spinners has a spectacular view but is lacking in most other dimensions
- Stunning views and great serviceSWhiteDined on 8/9/2014We are locals and this was our first time coming to Spinners. I was absolutely pleased with the entire experience starting with fantastic service, great food and spectacular food. This is a special occasion spot so it was packed on a beautiful Saturday night. The energy of the restaurant is high because there is a bar area in the middle of the spinning restaurant, but I was not bothered by the noise or the crowd. You are made to feel truly special here by everyone and it was one of the best birthday dinners I've had in a long time. We will definitely be returning in the future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Spinners Rooftop ReviewroundthetownDined on 8/9/2014Delightful revolving restaurant experience. Excellent food. Excellent service. Reasonably priced. Scenic view of St. Pete Beach and surroundings. Look forward to visiting again!Special Features:
- Ambiance GaloreMyTwoCentsVIPDined on 8/6/2014Enjoyed a wonderful dinner at Spinners and planned the meal perfectly to coincide with a gorgeous beach sunset. View was incredible. Everyone at my table enjoyed their meal and the dessert was outstanding. If I'm back in the St. Pete area, I will be returning to Spinners.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TerribleSamzDined on 8/1/2014Terrible experience here. The best thing about this resturant is the view. The food is ok and the service was horrible. My weitress came to take my order and never came back after that. Had to keep asking random employees for what i needed. Such a terrible experience that it made me not want to eat the food. Wouldnt recommend this place to anyone.Special Features:
- Excellent DinnerluvthebeachDined on 8/1/2014I loved the food. It was great view. Waiter was nice and everything was great!Special Features:
- Perfect end to a lazy dayCJMcKDined on 7/28/2014Fantastic food, great service and views that even my 6 year old daughter thought were "Amazing" before we watched the sunset. Kids menu has the usual plain choices which my daughter skipped but the main menu really does have something for everyone! The presentation of the dishes was fantastic. The serviing staff couldn't do enough to make sure my daughter was enjoying her meal never mind me yet it didn't feel like they were constantly there asking if we wanted or needed anything. The break between courses was perfectly timed also. Everyone who visits St Petes needs to eat here at least once, I know we will be back when we are on holiday next time. A huge thanks to the staff for a fantastic experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunset sensationalDisneyconciergeDined on 7/27/2014I always look for the "different" venues when it comes to dining. A good restraunt can be found everywhere. But a great one has a niche that can hook a guest into coming back time and time again. Spinners was amazing and romantic and I will strongly recommend this place to anyone that wants amazing food and a beautiful sunset to go with it. There are 2 things that need work, however: 1. It seems that the wait staff doesn't really know how to handle multiple tables when one is a large group. We only had a party of two and the attention was amazing, until the party of 7 sat down next to us. We almost seemed forgotten and the server almost seemed overwhelmed. 2. Reservations. When someone books a special occasion, make them feel extra special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dinner at sunsetLambiePieVIPDined on 7/26/2014I mentioned to my boyfriend that I'd like to watch a sunset at the beach, and he thoughtfully made a dinner reservation here. The food was delicious and he said the clam chowder may be the best he's ever had. Of course the view can't be beat. All the tables are along the window, so there's not a bad view in the house. I look forward to going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The service and food were average.FoodisnotworththepricesDined on 7/26/2014Comments made to the head waiter or manager fell of deaf ears. The revolving restaurant is good until your table reaches the position of the Bar and Kitchen. And then all hell breaks loose with traffic of people and waiters bumping into the back of your chair without concern. The ceiling fans are spinning on what it seems to be a string that will break at any time.Special Features:
- Can't beat the view !LisaCDined on 7/26/2014My daughter and I had only one day to spend at the beach. We took in some sun and then wanted to have a nice dinner. Open table suggested this restaurant for the view. It exceeding my expectations and the food was excellent. Being such a tourist spot, the food or service could easily suffer but that is not the case here. Our server was busy, but good. Watching the sunset as you dine is a dream. We'll we back next time with the entire family.Special Features:
- N & NRobertaDined on 7/26/2014The rooftop restaurant is challenging to approach as some of the elevators only go to the penthouse suite so hopefully a maid will be there to direct you to the proper elevator to reach the revolving rooftop restaurant. Once there, the staff is friendly and accommodating and the view is terrific as you revolve slowly around seeing both Gulfside and bayside. However, it is very loud as there seems to be no cloth or help for the volume in the room. The N & N stands for 'nice by noisy'.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent for Special OccasionsmarcoDined on 7/25/2014Great Food, Spectacular views we will definitally visit again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We had dinner here our last night.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/25/2014We Loved the restaurant!! Our service was wonderful and we will definitely return when we are in the area again. We also enjoyed the place on the beach below Brongos!!Special Features:
- The view is the highlight...OrlandoSunshineGirl30VIPDined on 7/25/2014A great view from the top of St. Pete, but the decor and feel of the restaurant is old and not old classic or historical, old like 80s/early 90s, complete with mirrors everywhere and a tacky disco ball in the tiny bar. The appetizers were basic, and no effort was put into presentation. We got the cheese plate, and it was just that, slices of cheese were stacked on a plate, served with ritz type crackers. I ordered a steak which was tasty but nothing extravagant . The sides with the steak, were basic and took little effort... Steamed broccoli and baby potatoes seasoned with salt. My friend, who ordered a different steak, had the same side items, no originality. If you are looking for a great view, this is the spot, otherwise go elsewhere...Special Features:
- Lovely!ddollDined on 7/22/2014What a find! We were thrilled with our evening there. The view of the sunset and the surrounding area was stunning. The waiter was top notch, as was the food. A must for anyone visiting the St Pete Beach area.Special Features:
- Fabulous!!VenicetravelersDined on 7/21/2014We ate here for lunch a month ago. We were back to St. Pete beach this month and decided to book dinner. Once again it did impress. The food is very good from appetizer, through the entrée to dessert. The view is beyond compare. Bobby was our waiter again and he is very good at his job. He took great care of us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.