Solanio - Aruba Ritz Carlton
L.G. Smith Blvd 107 Palm Beach
Oranjestad, Aruba 99553Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
Solanio - Aruba Ritz Carlton
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.ritzcarlton.com/en/Properties/Aruba/Dining/Solanio/Default.htm
- Phone: 2975272222x2699
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast Daily: 7:00am - 12:00pm; Dinner: Thursday- Monday 5:30pm - 10:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary Italian, Italian, Comfort Food
- Executive Chef: Stephen Toevs
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Chef's Table, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, View, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Entertainment: Themed music that creates a comfortable ambience of relaxed dining.
A word from Solanio - Aruba Ritz Carlton
Comfortable, authentic & easy - this all day dining venue offers familiar & beautifully crafted dishes with an Italian accent. The dining room has three primary components - main dining room, terrace dining & open kitchen. Serves classic Western styled breakfast buffet with significant Italian influence, transforms into a Grill inspired by a classic Italian trattoria & winding down as a sophisticated Italian dining venue at dinner.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Solanio - Aruba Ritz Carlton - Best Restaurants in Aruba ›
Solanio - Aruba Ritz Carlton reviews from OpenTable diners
11 reviews since May 22, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (7)romantic (5)kid-friendly (4)scenic view (4)notable wine list (4)fit for foodies (4)good for groups (3)special occasion (3)neighborhood gem (2)great for brunch (1)Show More
- Wonderful service, excellent food!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/17/2014Eddy, our server, made our experience absolutely perfect! The wine was great (we had Pinot Noir) and the food was delicious (I had the risotto, my husband had the T-bone), but Eddy's outstanding service really set the meal apart. After finding out we were on our honeymoon, he gave us a bottle of champagne to enjoy in our room. We will absolutely be returning to Solanio on our next trip to Aruba!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, but expensive and noisyAliciaVIPDined on 8/16/2014We had many great dinners in Aruba including at Elements and Papiemento where we enjoyed great food in a romantic and serene atmosphere. While the food here was good, the crowd made me feel like I had already flew home stateside to NJ. If you have kids or a large group, this place may be good for you. If you are looking for a romantic dinner, there are many other great options on the island.
- Must Try!OpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 8/3/2014We were staying at the Ritz and decided to dine at the Solanio for the first night. I've heard a lot of great things about the food in Aruba, and we definitely wanted to try the local fare, but we figured staying at the Ritz for the first night of our trip made sense. We didn't know how good the food was until we tried other places...the Solanio was top notch! I had red snapper over risotto and my boyfriend had the steak. All of the food was cooked perfectly. Downside, the restaurant isn't very romantic. It's really large and the tables are far apart. Lights were really bright. No ambiance was so ever, but the food/service was great. Its worth a trip even if you aren't staying at the Ritz. It was our favorite meal.
- Not worth it!Eater43VIPDined on 7/17/2014Food was not good. The pizza, looked like tiny frozen pizza's. The four cheese ravioli, was literally four individual raviolis on a plate.
- A+ A+ Ckmb55VIPDined on 7/17/2014Food A+ Calamari absolutely fabulous!! Service A+ The waiter was top notch !! Ambience C We dined outdoors and there was nothing special about it. No view, noisy, basic outdoor furnishings. At the Ritz I would expect casual elegance. There was nothing elegant about it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great choice for ItalianMeatsVIPDined on 7/10/2014Stayed that the Ritz and was pleasantly surprised by the food selection. The bruschetta and the duck ragu is what I had and what made me eat that this restaurant twice.Special Features:
- Restaurant needs more maturingsms727VIPDined on 6/27/2014Service was outstanding. When food was disappointing, another dish was provided at no charge. Restaurant is new and probably just experiencing growing pains.
- Great food and atmosphereOpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 6/8/2014We very much enjoyed our meal ... The patio dining was quiet with a view of the pools and beach. The service and food were excellent. Definitely try to sit outside if possible!Special Features:
- Great FoodRaveonzeekDined on 6/6/2014It is at the Ritz. The restaurant and setting is very private and spacious (eat outside or along the windows). You know that you are at the Ritz however, the food is exceptional. I truly think this restaurant should be where the bar is on the second floor but either way - still a quiet and nice setting. Back to the food - incredible. The lobster ravioli and the tortellini was perfect.Special Features:
- The following 11 reviews are from the Solanio - Aruba Ritz Carlton reviews archive.
- Spectacular placeGenoVIPDined on 4/29/2014We experienced one of the best dinners we had in Aruba at Solanio. The location is beautiful and our seafood was fresh and expertly prepared. Also, the service was second to none. We were celebrating our 45th wedding anniversary and Jessica, Adelia and Sebastian went out of their way to make the night truly memorable. It was an unforgettable evening and we appreciate all they did for us. It's obvious they are dedicated to making the dining experience at Solanio very special. Many thanks to them and we're looking forward to our return visit.Special Features:
- Solanio was is a great choiceJohnDined on 3/14/2014Solanio was is a great choice for fine dinning. One of our family members is a vegetarian and Solanio offers good options. The staff was friendly, fast, and happy. 5 adults and we all had a different dish for dinner and each raved about their choice. The desserts where amazing. We had fun and enjoyed the spectacular view.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- To be continuedMartyDined on 2/25/2014The Ritz-Carlton Hotel and their restaurant, Solanio, just opened in November, 2013, so I was a bit more forgiving. It needs more time to mature. My wife ordered a gluten free pasta as her main course and that was the disappointing part of the dinner. Over-cooked and lacking in much taste. I had pasta with sausage and it was prepared quite well. (Incidentally, when we told our waiter about my wife's pasta, they gave us a complimentary dessert.) Wines are a tad over-priced and there could and should be a broader selection from which to choose. Wait staff was very friendly and courteous. Seating is available both inside and out. Outside is far superior. I will definitely try this restaurant next year. It is worth a second chance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nothing SpecialSungirlVIPDined on 2/3/2014Server was good. Food bland ,Pizza ok,Lobster Ravioli too thick a pasta dough,chunky . Sauce gloopy.Not impressed. Really basic,pedestrain Italian food. The Ritz really needs to get in a good chef to overhaul the menus and retrain chefs.
- Loved it!Out4dinnerVIPDined on 2/2/2014We loved Solanio. The calamari appetizer was amazing and the veal was delicious and very tender. Patio seating is a must, it is a beautiful romantic setting located by the open fire pits. We have dined at many Italian restaurants on the island; none can compare with Solanio; our new favorite!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very DisappointingThegerVIPDined on 1/27/2014Upon arrival, we were asked either to sit inside or outside. We chose inside, after about 2 min. we had decided that the room was noisy and felt like a cafeteria, so we chose to go outside, which was so much nicer. We were not impressed with the food, I had the Pasta with Brocolli Rabe and sausage, no taste, very bland, didn't like the sausage. My friend ordered the Cappellini with white clam sauce, First of all, Cappellini is the not pasta you make with clam sauce, very dry and no taste. We were expecting way more, being the Ritz Carlton. We will not return, unfortunately.Special Features:
- Fantastic!DavegasmanVIPDined on 1/1/2014Sat outdoors. Not too crammed. Small menu with a very nice range of selections. Food was prepared to perfection. The waiter mentioned that they were new and would probably expand the menu but I think that keeping a smaller list of items makes it easier to decide and maintains a higher standard of preparation Wine menu was good for wines by the glass and extensive list of bottles Desserts very nice Would returnSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great New Years EveAlexDined on 12/31/2013We had a wonderful New Years Eve at Solanio. There was a large buffet serving Italian and International dishes, even sushi. All dishes were of very good quality. This restaurant is located in the new Ritz-Carlton hotel, with seat both in and outside of the hotel, right at the beach. There was a great fireworks show after the dinner. As we are locals, we will definitely come back and try their a la carte menu.Special Features:
- My husbands 63rd birthdayOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/29/2013We enjoyed our evening and dinner at the Solanio. Chef Jose prepared several delicious dishes to meet our vegetarian dietary needs. The Manager, Gerald made sure our dining experience at the Solanio was a very pleasant one. Angela, our server was the best!!! The establishment hostess, Lilian was very lovely and helpful. Lunch with friends the following day was equally great!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We loved it!SherylVIPDined on 12/9/2013We thoroughly enjoyed our dinner! The service was exceptional and the food delicious. We sat outside and enjoyed the view of the pool area and fire pit. My husband had the Tuscan Kale salad that was delicious. I had the Caprese Salad that was also tasty. He had the steak and I had the wild mushroom risotto. All was fantastic! Won't hesitate to go back next time we are in Aruba.Special Features:
- on the terraceFoodie1Dined on 12/7/2013Dinner started on poor footing.....the bread brought by the bus person was stale. Christian our waiter immediately handled the situation and replaced the bread with a fresh supply. Our meal was very good....2 different pastas and 2 different salads which we all enjoyed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.