6 W Cross Street
Baltimore, MD 21230Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://sobocafe.net/
- Phone: 4107521518x
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Saturday & Sunday: 10:30am - 3:00pm; Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:30pm; Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Comfort Food, Contemporary American
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Entertainment, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Let us cater your next business lunch or house party. We offer sandwiches on house made bread. In addition, we offer salads & appetizer platters. We will customize any order to suit your taste or diet. Please contact us for more information.
- Private Party Facilities: Our cozy, intimate dining room is the perfect setting for your event. Enjoy a seasonal dish and a glass of carefully chosen wine or beer.We pride ourselves on preparing our from-scratch menu with fresh ingredients and a whole lot of flavor. A favorite among neighbors and visitors, we go out of our way to make everyone feel at home. Weekdays - Business Breakfast/Brunch Meetings Happy Hours - Showers - Parties - Rehearsal Dinners
- Entertainment: Music Tuesdays - join us for live music (acoustic or jazz) on select Tuesdays
- Cross Street: Between S. Charles & S. Hanover Streets
- Public Transit: Charm City Circulator (Purple Line) Stops: Cross Street or Henrietta Street, MTA (1 or 64 Lines)
- Parking: Street Parking
- Parking Details: Street (please read signs carefully, Shofer"s Furniture Parking Lot (Hamburg St entrance) - one block from SoBo Café - evening paid parking $5, West St Parking Garage - 40 E West Street - paid parking
A word from SoBo Cafe
We pride ourselves on preparing our from-scratch menu with fresh ingredients and a whole lot of flavor. Our cozy, intimate dining room is the perfect setting to enjoy a seasonal dish and a glass of carefully chosen wine or beer. A perennial favorite among neighbors and visitors, we go out of our way to make everyone feel at home.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
SoBo Cafe - Best Restaurants in Federal Hill ›
SoBo Cafe reviews from OpenTable diners
90 reviews since April 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (73)fit for foodies (55)great for brunch (32)great for lunch (23)good for groups (20)special occasion (19)romantic (17)kid-friendly (15)great for outdoor dining (13)notable wine list (12)hot spot (10)vibrant bar scene (4)late-night find (3)scenic view (2)Show More
- Good food, GREAT dessertScorpgirlDined on 8/10/2014Went for restaurant week Aug 10 14. Spinach pie and mac and cheese ok, nothing to write home about. Steak was a bit tough, but nice flavor. Chick pot pie was ok, but base was a little runny for our taste. Dessert was EXCELLENT! LEMON PIE AND STRAWBERRY SHORTCAKE...WOW! Service was a bit slow for us given the fact that we arrived just as they opened and were the first to be seated. Seating a bit tight, especially when it began to get crowded as we were finishing our meal. There is a bar area where you could eat your meal. They also have a tables outside if you like folks walking past you on the sidewalk. Overall the experience was good, but nothing great except the dessert which l would call and order that to go in a minute!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place!LiNaDined on 8/9/2014We reserved dinner for restaurant week. The food and service was great. I also had an opportunity to observed the team work. They really work like a unit, helping each other out serving the tables. It appeared seamless. As a customer you just feel taken care of. We will definitely go back...thank you.Special Features:
- ellieVIPDined on 8/8/2014We went for restaurant week and the food was excellent and well presented. Great service. Nice introduction to SoBo. Will return.Special Features:
- SuperbPeraltaDined on 8/8/2014The best place to eat in Federal Hill (and one of the best I have tried in Baltimore).Special Features:
- framoodDined on 8/6/2014We had a friendly welcome, friendly service and good food. I love that SoBo had a round table for the six of us...just makes dinner conversation flow easier!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good FoodjadetigerDined on 8/5/2014I came here for restaurant week and ordered the Grilled Stuffed Grape Leaves, Korean Chicken Fried Steak, and Strawberry Shortcake. The food was delicious. The Korean Chicken Fried Steak was a delicious twist on a classic dish.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Experience!MeggDined on 8/4/2014Sobo Cafe offered a wide selection of Restaurant Week dinner options at an affordable cost. After hearing good things about it from various friends, it far exceeded my expectations. The service was friendly and attentive, the food came out promptly and was incredibly delicious, and I could not have been happier with my choice. I went with my boyfriend and we both tried a variety of dishes and each had it's own special flare and flavor profile. I highly recommend the Korean Chicken Fried Steak if you like a little kick and amazing flavor. Also, their flights of beer and wine are a great way to try a variety of beverages with your meal or appetizer!Special Features:
- Hidden gemnewtoBmoreDined on 8/3/2014Went to SoBo for my first time last weekend for brunch, and was so impressed with everything. The food was delicious, and I've never had such good service at a restaurant before!! I had the spinach pie, and SoBo benedict biscuit. Others in my party tried the cinnamon roll and big breakfast, and everything was amazing. I will absolutely be returning here for brunch/lunch, and am excited to come back here to try it out for dinner!Special Features:
- Wonderful....HersheyLunchDined on 8/3/2014....As always! Celebrated a 50th birthday and had a great time. The food is always perfect and unique.Special Features:
- Amazing food neighborhood gem!NatieDined on 8/2/2014Great spot just recently discovered in Federal Hill. Amazing food, great flavors. Had a fantastic "watermelon crush" with muddled watermelon & pinot grigio. Clever spins on their foods with great use of fresh herbs etc. Also an amazing restaurant week deal for only $20! Would highly recommend this place.Special Features:
- first time here, excellent foodOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/2/2014kind, prompt service, I had the following, Shakshuka - two eggs poached with a chunky tomato sauce, feta, served with toast, home fries & fruit, eggs cooked perfectly, the chunky tomato sauce sprinkled with feta was delicious, home fries and a nice toasted & buttered piece of excellent bread with a great crust to round it off. A side of fruit salad was also a welcome addition to the meal, my only lament is that I was hungry and could have eaten two helpings ;-).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rediscovered Sobo Cafe and loved itKOBmoreVIPDined on 7/30/2014Haven't been to Sobo Cafe in years since I first moved to Federal Hill. Lately, I've heard a lot about it and went with some girlfriends and was reminded why I used to love it. Amazing servers who provided great and thoughtful recommendations, and great food. Was good for sharing too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/26/2014The best food and service in federal hill I would suggest this cafe to everyone I knowSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great eveningRandDined on 7/19/2014This was my wife's birthday dinner. The host and waitress gave us a nice table as requested and a birthday candle with dessert. The service was excellent. The food was superb. We had a great time. We hope to return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful food, cozy atmosphere!NatalieDined on 7/16/2014Had lovely dinner with my Aunt - happened to be wine night, but that week were faturing "mimosa flights." I was a little skeptical at first (versus a traditional glass of wine), but each one was better than the next! Each made with herbs they grew at the restaurant paired with fresh fruit and sparking wine (Such as Terragon Melon, Strawberry basil) - all fantastic! The food itself far exceeded my expectations (each course there were nothing remaining on either of our dishes). All of the staff wsa wonderful, the atmosphere intimate and warm, couldn't have had a nicer experience! Definintely a true neighborhood gem tucked in federal hill.Special Features:
- KMarkDined on 7/14/2014Great fresh food. Nice friendly atmosphere. We had a very nice relaxing lunch for 3. Smoke salmon salad was awesome.Special Features:
- Top favorite in baltimoreMichieVIPDined on 7/13/2014This is one of my top favorite restaurants in baltimore. The food is amazing, the staff is attentive, energetic and friendly, and the ambience is delightful. Sobo has become one of my favorites, especially for brunch. Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome Neighborhood SpotLM24Dined on 7/12/2014I love this place! I've been here before, and always take out of town friends or family to enjoy their awesome brunch menu. The eggs benedict is bangin'! The servers are always very friendly and on point with taking care of drinks, clearing plates, etc. The food is cooked perfectly, comes out together, and tastes awesome. I wish their mimosas/bloody mary's were cheaper than $8 during brunch hours...especially since many places in the city have bottomless for $12-$15. That's my only criticism. I'd love to try one of their evening specials, I just forget and always think of it as the brunch spot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding neighborhood gemKarenVIPDined on 7/7/2014Love it here. We've been here on a number of occasions at all different times of the year and SoBo does not disappoint. We've brought suburban friends who later return on their own. Food is always high quality and consistently interesting. Not just the main feature of your dish, but also the sides, the sauces. All desserts are made in-house as are the breads. The strawberry shortbread with homemade basil ice cream--try it if it's on the menu or anything else that strikes your fancy. The value for money is outstanding. The staff is professional and not afraid to really answer questions about this dish versus that dish. Wine list is thoughtful and has good selections at a variety of price points. All of this keeps us happily returning.Special Features:
- 75cookformeDined on 7/7/2014SOBO has become the place I want to take all my suburban friends who might be a bit uncomfortable downtown. It is homey and the food is outstanding all the time. I live near so I also find it great for a take-out supper when I don't feel like cooking. Parking can be a challenge as it is anywhere in South Baltimore but that has never kept me from going there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/6/2014I come here a lot. Great clientele. Always great food and drink. Tried it for Sunday brunch and, once again, a delicious experience. Occasionally, they change out some items on the menu, which keeps it fresh and interesting. I always walk away full and happy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HIGHLY RECOMMEND!!!MargeDined on 7/5/2014Dinner at Sobo Café was OUTSTANDING!!! The red wine sangria was a great balance between wine and sweetness. Had the Smoked Salmon with Goat Cheese, Humus, and the Spicy Feta spreads and they were each delicious served with toasted bread, carrots and cucumbers. I had the Seared Salmon which was amazing!!! For dessert, the strawberry shortcake is worth every calorie. The restaurant is located in the Federal Hill area about 15 min walk from the Inner Harbor. It was a safe and easy walk. The restaurant is small and very well decorated. The service was impeccable and even got the chance to meet the owner. Needless to say it was a great experience and an amazing find.Special Features:
- Great neighborhood spotFrequentwalkertodinnerVIPDined on 7/5/2014My wife and I have enjoyed several meals at SoBo Café this year. The food is always very good. Try the burger or Korean chicken fried steak! Service is always friendly and efficient. Jim is an outstanding host. SoBo Café epitomizes the term neighborhood gem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousBethDined on 7/3/2014Went for dinner and the food was excellent. There weren't many other diners so it may be louder when it's more crowded. Try the spreads, they are all amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Joe ReviewsJoeEatsVIPDined on 6/16/2014Excellent and creative food, Lunched and dined there 5 time. Each time was excellent/Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great food and servicepaige29VIPDined on 6/15/2014I decided to try something new for brunch. I have only dined here for brunch but would love to see what dinner has to offer. I got the daily special veggie scramble. It was nothing great. Just a few shallots and maybe 3 broccolini spears. The service was better than usual. I think I'll stick with my usual or go for a traditional Israeli dish. My boyfriend always gets the creamed chip beef and it never fails to disappoint. As always, make a reservation, the place gets packed on a Sunday. I will still return for the friendliness and hominess of this neighborhood gem.Special Features:
- Great little spot in Fells PointnocarbsDined on 6/7/2014Thoroughly enjoyed our dinner at Sobo's. The service was great and the food was very good. We could not finish our main course because the hummus and starters were so good. I wish I could have had a vodka but the wine suggestions were spot on. Definitely will go back.Special Features:
- Off the beaten trackSiblingVIPDined on 6/5/2014Well worth the trip. Adorable !! Great Food !! Our friends love the fabulous places I pick. That's because I check and double check the tripe check... Would definitely go back.Special Features:
- YummyMichieVIPDined on 6/1/2014Sobo is by far one of my favorite places to dine in Baltimore. The food is always fantastic. It was my second time there for brunch and I highly suggest the cinnamon buns and their delicious brunch cocktails. They are always just right. The waitress was super pleasent and accommodating. When we sat outside she made sure the dog was content and in the shade with water. Apparently, SOBO makes their own bread on site and consistently changes the artwork on their walls which is done by local artists. Bottom line. Great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great brunchjfleeshDined on 5/24/2014Went here for brunch before the orioles game. Had a great time and loved the complimentary banana bread!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great little nook.gfasheDined on 5/22/2014Really good food and great beer/wine. I had the lamb, which was a little tough, but flavorful. However, the sides were even better. The polenta was creamy and the veges were excellent. My daughter enjoyed the scallops and my wife had mac and cheese, which was also quite good. I didn't try my father-in law's liver and onions (not many of us would), but he enjoyed it a lot. I just had to try the limoncello/sake combination and was glad I did. The pound cake with lemon sherbet, which was really a semifreddo, was excellent. The service was pleasant without being overly attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Glad I Found This Gem!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/19/2014Visiting Baltimore from Connecticut. I'm so glad I trusted the on-line reviews. This was a fantastic experience! From the moment we stepped into the quaint dining room, we were greeted with enthusiasm. Began with the rosemary hummus app. WOW! The flavor was perfect, and an unexpected delight was the veggies served with it were marinated and very tasty. The bread & flavored butter-delicious. Entrees were perfection as well: Chicken Pot Pie, Dry Rubbed Steak-Amazing, SoBo Burger fantastic intense flavored bacon & Veg Pho-very different-good if you like smokey flavoring too. Must try the pistachio-rosemary ice cream that came with Strawberry shortcake. OMG I can't wait to come back. Service & Food A+++Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food and good serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 5/19/2014Enjoyed a lunch at Sobo, and both of us loved what we had. Can't speak highly enough about the smoked chicken salad sandwich. The chicken salad was sooo good and the bread was its equal. The woman who served us was very enthusiastic and clearly cared about making sure everything was to our liking. She was extremely knowledgeable about the menu. We've been here before for dinner and also had an excellent experience.
- Federal Hill findNotafoodieDined on 5/17/2014My family went to Sobo for my daughters 28th birthday at her request. My daughter has been there several times for brunch, this was her first dinner experience. She claims the food is just as delicious at brunch. The food was fresh and well prepaired, everyone was happy with their meal. I would definately go to Sobo again and it will be on my recommended Fed Hill restaurant list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- just gooddisappointedVIPDined on 5/15/2014food was good, not great. would go elsewhere and with so many great restaurants in baltimore, not sure we'd go back. Server was GREAT!
- Gem of a RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/11/2014I was looking for a place to take my mother for a quiet Mother's day brunch and I stumbled on SoBo Cafe. It was the perfect place. Not only was the food delicious, the atmosphere was like being at a friend's place. This was just the type of place I was looking for. I can't wait to come back to check it out again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Saturday Night DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 5/10/2014The food was excellent and the restaurant was perfect for a saturday night dinner.Special Features:
- Excellent MealFedhillliv2eatVIPDined on 5/5/2014Continually surprised to find such a great restaurant in this location of Cross Street. Perfect for great food and a quieter more adult atmosphere than surrounding restaurants and bars. Friendly and efficient staffSpecial Features:
- Delicious!bmorefoodieVIPDined on 5/3/2014Finally tried SoBo Cafe this past weekend and so glad I did! Bf and I wanted a walkable dining spot for a date night and it did not disappoint. We split mac and cheese appetizer which was cheesy gooey and fabulous. I had the steak with creamed spinach and fingerling potatoes, bf had lamb steak over polenta with root vegetables. Both were excellent and quite filling (sadly leaving us without room for dessert). Of note they only have beer and wine, but have a great selection including local brews. We thoroughly enjoyed our meal and will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing experienceMarylandBoomerangDined on 5/2/2014Booked a reservation at SoBo for my wife's birthday dinner and they bent over backwards to make it an extremely special occasion. Despite the fact that they also had a large wedding rehearsal dinner booked that same evening, we received top notch service and a prime table next to a window. And the food - simply delicious! I had the Bavette Steak, which was ridiculously tender and well seasoned. My wife tried duck for the first time and was equally pleased. And don't miss out on the fingerling potatoes, because they're better than french fries. We'll definitely be back again (and again and again....).Special Features: