101 L.G. Smith Blvd.
Palm Beach, Aruba 99553Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.arubarestaurants.com/sea-food/simply-fi
- Phone: 5206537
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner Nightly: 6.15pm - 10.00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, International
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), View, Wine
- Entertainment: Live entertainment from 6.30 pm - 9.30 pm.
A word from Simply Fish
Marriott"s beach front restaurant Simply Fish is the best kept secret on the island and the perfect setting for a romantic dinner. Under waving palm trees, while wiggling your toes in the sand you'll enjoy a magnificent sunset and a superb meal. Although our specialty is seafood, our chefs know exactly how to please meat lovers too. Dress code is island casual....Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
Simply Fish - Best Restaurants in Aruba ›
Simply Fish reviews from OpenTable diners
79 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.7Noise LevelModerate
romantic (66)scenic view (64)great for outdoor dining (61)special occasion (49)fit for foodies (6)kid-friendly (4)good for groups (3)hot spot (3)notable wine list (2)neighborhood gem (2)late-night find (1)Show More
- Sunset dinnerJbeanDined on 9/29/2014We enjoyed our sunset dinner on the beach. My husband had the lobster tail and said it was good. My grouper was okay, not quite done enough, and my side vegetables were cold. However, the coconut cake for dessert was amazing. I didn't give it 5 stars because the service was slow, as previous reviewers have mentioned. Overall, we enjoyed it. It was a unique experience to dine with your toes in the sand.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- never againTerryVIPDined on 9/28/2014food was barely edible 2 out of four of our diners could not eat their dinnerSpecial Features:
- Disappointing!AndyVIPDined on 9/14/2014Overpriced and under value. Two orders of halibut. Very small portion with large price. Over cooked; lacked any moistness whatsoever. Tiny lobster tail with nondescript flavor. Below average food in Aruba, especially within a 10 minute walk of the major hotels.
- Just beautiful!!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/14/2014Just gorgeous! Plan your dinner for sunset- make your reservation for 615-630! Trust me!! Food was good but the experience is really why you go!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunset Dinner on the BeachOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014Exactly that... A sunset dinner on the beach. Beautiful. Wonderful ambiance. Friendly and generous staff. Can't go wrong with this one!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- anniversaryOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/12/2014We were there for our 5th anniversary, our family asked to have a bottle of wine delivered to our table. This never happened! It was requested only 20min before our reservation time. Very disappointed!Special Features:
- The views don't get any betterdiningoutDined on 9/8/2014Awesome location on the beach. Our server Daniel was amazing. Good was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GoodWaltDizzneyDined on 9/7/2014Good, not GREAT. Get the Grouper, not the Tuna. Lovely setting, on the beach(feet in the sand), soft Caribbean music in the background, attentive servers, a sample of Shrimp from the chef (this is going to be great, I thought). My meal, Grouper, was great. My wife's entree, Tuna, not so great...a different type of Tuna than we are used to?? The menu is limited, and difficult to find online. I'd go back again but, the wife may suggest another of Aruba's many fine restaurants.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quality of foodOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/6/2014The quality of our meals where not as expected. Cold and un-tasty.Special Features:
- Outstanding in every wayWedzDined on 9/6/2014Outstanding service, great beach view of a fabulous sunset. The fresh catches of the day were perfect. When in Aruba it is a can't miss!Special Features:
- Very RomanticTheJonesesDined on 9/5/2014My husband and I had dinner at Simply Fish, during our stay in Aruba on our honeymoon. Absolutely gorgeous view. Very romantic. Food is excellent. I highly recommend this restaurant. The guitarist was simply the icing on the cake.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Leave your sandals at the doororlandofoodieDined on 8/29/2014Great location on the beach! As you enter, you leave your sandals at the door and dine with your toes in the sand. Excellent food, excellent service. Don't go on a windy night. By the time dinner was over our table, food, eyes, hair, etc. were filled with sand. However, we've eaten at Simply Fish in the past and had no issues with sand so it just depends on the weather. Beautiful views of the water and the sunset. Very romantic setting. Good value - fish dinner with 2 sides was $40.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simply Fish - beautiful settingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/22/2014Food is overpriced for what it is - some menu items seem like that are frozen and then just reheated. The fish soup is delicious!! You are paying for the ambiance which cannot be beat.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/21/2014Beautiful dinner with my husband ocean view. What could be better!Special Features:
- Picture perfect dinnerAnniversary17Dined on 8/17/2014Such a perfect dinner - great service, simply amazing view right as the sun is setting, and great food. I made a nite that it was out anniversary and they even gave us a small gift! Truly great service!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Setting not serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/16/2014The setting for simply fish could not be more beautiful, right on the water and gorgeous Aruba sunset. However, the poor service and mediocre food left us disappointed. The drinks were double the price that we've paid elsewhere on the island ($8 for a balashi) and with so many options for great food that's reasonably priced, we probably wouldn't return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great way to spend our anniversarylovetodineDined on 8/16/2014We spent our anniversary here and from the moment we arrived we had personalized menus waiting for us -such a great personal touch. The chef then sent over a complimentary small appetizer dish and the service couldn't have been better. There were just some beach stragglers on lounge chairs right in front of the restaurant yelling at people as they walked by which was annoying at first, we were surprised they weren't asked to move, but after they left the ambience improved. At the end of the evening we were given a gift bag and it was the final touch to really making our anniversary feel that much more special. Thank you to everyone at Simply Fish for making our Anniversary dinner so special!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RomanticPhillybrendaDined on 8/14/2014One if out favorite restaraunts in the world. We make an effort to eat here every trip to ArubaSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always great serviceCarolVIPDined on 8/11/2014Maurice always delivers great service. He knows the menu and can suggest the perfect dish. He has been there over 10 yrs and his wife is the bar tender. The pan fried Corina was really good. This fish tastes similar to sea bass. The coconut cake is a signature dessert and worth a try. Eating on the beach with your feet in the sand is really so much fun! The white tablecloth service is lovely. This experience should not be missed.Special Features:
- Very Romantic Dinner - THANKS!DwellserDined on 8/10/2014We celebrated our 35th anniv on 8/10/14. The entire experience was one of the best we have had in many years. The table was located right on the beach. We were seated to overlook the ocean and the sunset. The tablecloth based décor was perfectly romantic with our shoes off while resting in the sand. We were greeted by two wait staff-Daniel and Diana-that were absolutely wonderful and very friendly with cheerful personalities. They made our special event so much more special. I cannot say enough about those two. So many pluses, but most importantly, were comfortable enough to actually talk with us about their lifestyles in Aruba. We loved that touch. They both went out of there way to create a perfect evening. Diana was so sweet. $$=:)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fresh Seafood at its bestFrankMDined on 8/7/2014Excellent fish. One of the best Sea Bass dishes ever had. The Macadamia Nut encrusted grouper was superb.Special Features:
- Perfect ending to an Aruba vacationOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/6/2014Romantic evening, beautiful sunset and lovely music.Special Features:
- Simply SpectacularJCSESQDined on 8/2/2014We celebrated my daughter, Jennifer's, 20th birthday at Simply Fish, and the food, the service and the experience could not have been better. We were seated amid palm trees just a few feet from the water's edge. The fish was prepared perfectly and was complimented by delocious coconut rice and the best creamed spinach I have ever had. If you want a truly memorable experience and a fantastic meal, you should definitely try Simply Fish when you are in Aruba.Special Features:
- Very limited menuOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/2/2014Was nothing special for the price of the meals. Staff is not very knowledgeable about gluten and there is limited items without gluten. We went for the scallops and they were out of them. Will not go back.
- ReviewOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/1/2014I enjoyed the food and the view the service was ok but I was celebrating a special birthday and I told them I wanted a birthday cake but no one every gave or acknowledged anything was very disappointedSpecial Features:
- MemorableBeachdinnerDined on 7/27/2014Best restaurant at the Marriott locations in Aruba. All was excellent including the Arubian weather. The fish was the best during our 2-week stay.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dining experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/25/2014Excellent restaurant; always make it a point to dine at our favorite restaurant on the day of our arrival in Aruba.Special Features:
- Nice dinner for our honeymoonLATSETDined on 7/24/2014Simply fish is an outstanding restaurant for that intimate moment to share with a loved one. My wife and I enjoyed the view on the beach and we arrived around sunset (~6:30pm). From there, the food was amazing. We had the lemon grass shrimp kabobs which were heavenly. My wife had the grouper and I had the corvina. Both fish were cooked properly and we had the tirimisu for dessert. The staff was extremely delightful and we always had plenty of food and drink at our table. We will definitely be back again to celebrate our wedding anniversary in the future!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great setting/disapointing foodSmokinJoeDined on 7/20/2014My family & I just returned from our vacation in Aruba. Prior to the trip, I reserved a dinner at Simply Fish because I thought that dinner on the beach was a great idea. The beach setting did not disappoint, however the food did. The prices are of course high (high end food items served to you on a Marriott resort beach), so I had high expectations for the food taste and quality. Unfortunately it didn't matter if we ordered steak or seafood. One of my sons ordered the surf and turf, while the steak was okay, the lobster tail was too chewy. My other son ordered the filet mignon, it had too much gristle (mystery bites) and was a little tough. Both my wife's mahi mahi and my encrusted grouper was simply okay, not much flavor.Special Features:
- Dinner by sunsetMeatsVIPDined on 7/15/2014Thought this was a gimmicky beachside restaurant located at the Marriott but the main course was surprisingly good. Had their specialty, the macadamia crusted grouper, and it was light and meaty packed with loads of flavor. The appetizers and desserts weren't as notable. Had the mussels and calamari as starters and the coconut banana cake and they were average at best.Special Features:
- Simply blandMikeDined on 7/13/2014We had so looked forward to our beach dinning but the food was an incredible disappointment. We tried the mahi mahi, Bronzino and halibut. We even took our waiters recommendations on how to have it prepared, but the fish was overlooked and bland. I don't know how a restaurant that specialized in fish could mess up so bad. Covered it in the mango salsa provided and just enjoyed the ocean instead. There are plenty better places to eat with your feet in the sandSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Most memorable meal!SMartingaDined on 7/12/2014What a beautiful experience-- eating a sunset dinner with toes in the sand on the beautiful beaches of Aruba! Does life get any better? The service was exceptional, the food was great and the setting was to die for. It's true I've eaten better meals, but I've never eaten in a better atmosphere. If you get a chance to go to Simply Fish, I would highly recommend it!Special Features:
- Awesome evening with Mrs Johnson!ArubafunDined on 7/11/2014A most memorable evening with the wife. Food was fantastic (macadamian encrusted grouper) beautiful sunset beautiful live music (a guitar) and so relaxing. The waiter was slow but that didn't stop us from enjoying our eveningSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TimCDined on 7/6/2014The sunset is a beautiful setting for dinner, the service is attentive and overall experience is great.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/5/2014Our server was awesome. He had recommendations for wine and which fish to eat. We took all of his recommendations and he was spot on. Must do on the Aruba to-do listSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great spot good foodallenhaDined on 7/4/2014It was a great location. We were there on the 4th of July and were able to see some fireworks and enjoy sitting on the beach while dining. The food was good, not the best we had on the island but still very good. Being able to sit on the beach was great though. Service was also very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best meal of 10 on Aruba Honeymoon!eld5025Dined on 6/30/2014My new wife and I ate here our first night in Aruba for our Honeymoon. One of the main reasons we chose Aruba was for all the great dining scenes, and this place blew everything else out of the water. The steak/lobster/grouper were all perfect and melted in your mouth. A great view for the sun setting as well!Special Features:
- Atmosphere tough to beatHTMCVIPDined on 6/29/2014I am not sure why more beach resorts don't convert their beach to restaurants at night. Food is good, atmosphere among the best ever.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing restaurantArubaDined on 6/28/2014Simply Fish was delicious! I had the macadamia crusted grouper and it was fantastic. It also has a great atmosphere since you are right on the beachSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Most romantic dinnerroyeisenstadtDined on 6/25/2014On the beach at sunset. Food and service are outstanding.Special Features: