Simon Pearce Restaurant
1760 Quechee Main St.
Quechee, VT 05059Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Simon Pearce Restaurant
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.simonpearce.com/
- Phone: (802) 295-1470
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch 11:30am - 2:45pm Monday - Saturday
Dinner 5:30-9pm each evening
Sunday Brunch 10:30am - 2:45pm
Reservations accepted for dinner only
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Chef Brian Gazda, Jerod Rockwell and culinary team
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: From black tie to Vermont casual, make the occasion and the setting yours. Experience personalized service in a unique and unforgettable setting. The Loft at Simon Pearce is the perfect place to host your next meeting or special event. This private upstairs room in the historic Mill at Quechee was once the home for Simon and his family. Tucked away from the bustle of the retail store and restaurant, The Loft features a quiet and spacious room with grand windows overlooking the Ottauquechee River and falls. Combined with the award-winning American cuisine of Joshua Duda, extensive wine selections and impeccable service, our team will design a truly memorable event for you and your guests. The Loft is an ideal setting for business lunches or dinners, wedding showers, small weddings and private corporate meetings. Guests can watch glassblowers, shop in our retail store, and enjoy the quintessential Vermont dining experience. The Loft will accommodate 72 seated or 100 guests comfortably.
- Special Events: Greetings Wine Lovers!
It is our pleasure to share with you the line up for this year's wine dinner series at Simon Pearce.
Friday, January 16th: "Tuscan Wines" hosted by lacopo Di Teodoro from Vignaioli Selection and Rafael Flores from Artisanal Cellars
Friday, February 6th: "Neyers Vineyards" hosted by Bruce Neyers Founder & Dawn Rowlee from GHousen
Friday, March 13th: "Domaine Gerard Metx - Alsace" hosted by Jim Elston from Chemin des vins and Chris Kleeman from Vermont Wine Merchants
Friday, April 10th: "Kermit Lynch Wines" hosted by Lisa Strausser from Kermit Lynch and Dawn Rowlee from GHousen
Each dinner is $85 per person excluding tax, gratuity and additional beverages. Reservations are limited and may be at the restaurant or by calling us at 802.295.1470.
A word from Simon Pearce Restaurant
Simon Pearce Restaurant, recently voted one of America’s Most Romantic Restaurants by Travel and Leisure and Best of New England, VT : Meal with a View, offers Creative American cuisine utilizing fresh local ingredients, thoughtfully prepared and attentively served in a classic restored Mill overlooking the Ottauquechee River. The staff motto is "quality without pretense." The dining room is casually elegant with views overlooking the waterfall and covered bridge. Recipient of Wine Spectator's "Best of Award of Excellence" since 1993, they offer a series of wine dinners monthly from November through May. They feature handmade glassware and pottery, which you can observe being made in their on-site glass and pottery workshop at The Mill. Enjoy their retail shop before or after you dine. Reservations are not accepted for lunch but are accepted for dinner. The restaurant will do their best to accommodate requests but does not guarantee any specific seating.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Simon Pearce Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Quechee ›
Simon Pearce Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
225 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (186)special occasion (168)romantic (147)fit for foodies (146)notable wine list (81)neighborhood gem (53)great for lunch (45)good for groups (40)great for outdoor dining (34)great for brunch (28)hot spot (16)kid-friendly (6)late-night find (2)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- SP is our favorite "Special Occasions" place .PeteSrDined on 11/22/2014This is our favorite "special occasions" place to celebrate those times in our life when you want someplace nice. The menu is somewhat limited but very well done and the meal preparation is always first class. From breads to dessert, hard to find a better restaurant. Service is excellent and views are very Vermont: dam on the river and millpond. That said its not cheap: $335 with tip for 4 adults, a three year old, and 7 drinks, but with great service, food, and ambiance worth the price. Never a dissapointment!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/15/2014We were very happy and pleased with both the service and the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Surpringly mediocrebbnhDined on 11/15/2014They say greatness is in the details, which is where SP came up lacking. The famous cheddar soup came out room temp, as the did the potatoes au gratin that accompanied a gorgeous loin of venision. A salad entree left three of us baffled as to what went wrong; it was agreed that a dressing intended to be warm should be served while warm, lest the bacon fat clump. At least the apple crisp was hot -- too hot actually. The bloom has come off this longtime excellent, reliable institution of fine dining. Service was attentive, ambience was nice as always. But if you like excellent food, you might consider your alternatives.Special Features:
- most picturesque spothikergalDined on 11/13/2014A bit like fairy land when you first enter the building, the light sparkling from all the glass displayed is a bit like entering a sparkling museum. The food, service and ambiance are impeccible. Truly a special experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ABCDDined on 11/11/2014Service was poor. It took 45 minute to have our drink order taken. Close to three hours to complete dinner. Food was only fair, especially considering the high price, and disappointing compared to past experiences. Hopefully this is not typical as in the past I have enjoyed going here on special occasions.Special Features:
- Everything was greatRobesrangerDined on 11/9/2014Make sure you make time to see the glass blowing! The food is wonderfulSpecial Features:
- Great dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/8/2014Amazing dinner and experience. Requested a special table and was granted my request. Just amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulDeliciousDined on 11/7/2014Lovely meal in a very pleasant setting for our group. The food was delicious. Try the cheddar soup and any entre will be pleasing. Nice portion sizes and service with more than a smile.Special Features:
- Super Experience!LocalVermonterDined on 11/5/2014Great food and adequate to generous portions. Intelligent staffing. Super Ambiance. I enjoyed dinner but they have a wonderful lunch setting overlooking a waterfall and the river. Worth the trip and the retail glassblowing outside adds charm and beauty to the experience.Special Features:
- Beautiful table by the windowWItoMainepairDined on 11/1/2014We enjoyed such a beautiful view of the water cascading over the rocks, from our table by the window. The atmosphere was very pleasing and the food good. This was our first visit and we will be sure to return next time we are in the area.Special Features:
- Fine dining in a great setting.SanPamDined on 11/1/2014My wife and I enjoyed everything about our experience. The service was excellent and the food was better. Extensive wine list though many of the bottlings are young (due to losing a 75% of their cellar to Irene). Don't miss this restaurant if you are in the area. Plus, it is connected to the Simon Pearce store.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WleonhardtWcoleonhardtDined on 10/27/2014Was a little difficult to find even with a gps if unfamiliar with the area. Worth the trip, the food was memorable. Wine list notable.Special Features:
- Delicious DinnerSarahDined on 10/26/2014The food was expertly prepared and seasoned, and the menu selection nicely reflected an autumn seasonal taste. I thought the quiet hush of the restaurant with the gorge roaring outside was perfect for a family dinner on a Sunday night. The Creme Burlee was perfect too. We loved it all.Special Features:
- Great food....but service poorsteevypianoguyDined on 10/25/2014We enjoyed the ambiance of the restaurant. Starters and main courses were very good. Our waitress was pleasant, if you could find her! She took our orders with a smile, disappeared and then brought the cheque without us asking for it. We poured our own wine all night. She didn't seem highly trained, nor was service in her nature. The host said, "Sorry you had to experience that." That's it. Too bad. A beautiful setting and quite good food.. The remainder of the staff was nice, but we were left with a large blemish that won't easily be forgotten. Especially since we spent $300 in the Simon Pearce shop!!!Special Features:
- Sophisticated Country DiningFoodmenschDined on 10/25/2014Simon Pearce Restaurant is a foodee's paradise. Fabulous dishes prepared with fresh regional ingredients in the most beautiful setting anywhere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/24/2014As always, we had a wonderful experience at Simon Pierce. Dining, shopping, watching them blow the glassware. Wonderful!Special Features:
- Impeccably sourced local foodDuettist96Dined on 10/22/2014Excellent service by committed staff. We were lucky that it was out of season so we were found a seat right by the window overlooking the Quechee Falls. Beautiful. The food was outstanding, all loca, all the provenance explained, and the service was wonderful throughout. Beware the ENORMOUS Glasses of Prosecco!! Worth going early to browse round the shop and to watch them making the glasses in the furnace downstairs...they stay open until 9pm!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- beautifulbrennenDined on 10/21/2014This might be one of the most beautiful restaurants i have ever visited. When you drive up at night the glass sparkles. The gift shop is absolutely wonderful and lends a shopping bonus to dinner. The menu is very limited but it is seasonal. There were 2 fish, 2 beef, pork and a veggie item. There were a couple of more I just can’t remember because I ponder the ones above mostly. The pork chop was great. Moist and well cooked. I wish I ordered it the moment I tasted it. The cod was good but the horseradish crust had no kick. It tasted mostly like a panko crust. The cod was flaking and not over cooked just a little bland. Definitely want to go back just trying to figure out when.Special Features:
- Very good in all respects.DiscerningDinerDined on 10/21/2014We periodically go to this fine restaurant in Quechee - famous both for its food and for the glass blowing attached. The site next to the waterfall and covered bridge is unique and always enjoyable, with a subtle night light illuminating the cascading water. The food and wine were excellent- we had duck and short ribs which were truly delicious. We'd never hesitate to go their for fine dining. Service was slightly slow, but made for a relaxing dinner with plenty of time to talk to my wife as we were celebrating her birthday.Special Features:
- s. p. always deliversMooseVIPDined on 10/21/2014charming ambiance, dramatic view, outstanding service and good food makes for a winning combination. (the adjacent glass and crafts store displays gorgeous, and very expensive, wares. it's fun to browse here before or after your meal.) foie gras appetizer was bland, scallops were better, the roast duck, supposedly a signature dish, was greasy and inadequately rendered. the salmon (served rare as requested) and pork chop were better. apple crisp and chocolate cake were good desserts but not special. bottom line: everything here is exceptional except inconsistency in the quality of the food. ultimately the key question is "would you go back"? our answer is an unreserved "yes", but we will order more selectively.Special Features:
- Florida Return guestsWillreturnDined on 10/19/2014I was at Simon Pearce Queechee 12 years ago for business trip, and prayed it had retained it's flavorful, beautiful food presentations and attentive service. Did not disappoint in the least!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- outstandingdkdartmouthDined on 10/18/2014Enough said, I love Simon Pearce and will continue to recommend to friends and go for occasionsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SupeerDined on 10/18/2014The atmosphere and the food were excellent. One of our favorite restaurants nts in all of New England.I would recommend this to a friend.
- An Autumn Saturday night dinnerKATRINADined on 10/18/2014The table for 8 awaited us; the large room in which we were located had no sound absorbing features, so a conversation across the table was impossible, and a conversation with a person beside you was difficult at best. However, the menu selections were excellent, the server was friendly and excellent. The single shortcoming was the roar of other conversations in the room.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Top class restaurantconure1Dined on 10/16/2014We loved our dinner here. The food was top notch, the service exceptional and the food was excellent. The ambiance cannot be beat. We requested table #5 for our aaniversary and it was a beautiful view of the covered bridge and Ottauquechee river.îSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Specialfrech21Dined on 10/14/2014This is always a treat! The ambiance, food and wine are terrific. Great for special occasions, like important anniversaries or celebrations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special eveningPerfectniteDined on 10/12/2014We have discovered the ability of internet ads to greatly overstate the "character" of a advertised place. Simon Pearce was beyond our expectations. From the beauty of the facility to the surrounding natural scenic beauty every aspect of our visit exceeded our hopes. Our tenderloin entree was one if the best we've ever tasted and the service above and beyond. Our evening was perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GingerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/12/2014Never been disappointed with the food or staff. Enjoy the porch with the view. Our reservation was for 6 P.M. and the porch was filled up. Had the last window table and it was a pleasant change with a view. Glad to see the covered bridge back where it had stood for so many years. All in all a wonderful night.Special Features:
- Seamusp2Dined on 10/12/2014Excellent restaurant. Great views and ambiance. Service and food are also top notch.Special Features:
- Gem of a placeJeffPuffDined on 10/11/2014My wife and I are so glad we stumbled upon Simon Pearce. They have outstanding food, outstanding service and an amazing atmosphere with views to boot. Even though we had one of the last reservations for the evening, we didn't feel rushed at all. We were able to take our time to savor our meal and enjoy the ambiance. We will be sure to make Simon Pearce part of our Vermont tradition going forward.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A GemRRS3Dined on 10/11/2014Third time visitor. Will always be on my list when I visit the area. Great foodie localSpecial Features:
- Nothing SpecialTake2Dined on 10/10/2014Great location and interesting combination of a working glass blowing studio and a restaurant poised alongside the Quechee River. Crying baby at next table, bland food and hurried meal combine to make this a once and done experience. We can now say we went, but we won't go back.Special Features:
- Will not try again.OpenTable Diner Since 2001Dined on 10/9/2014Every couple of years we try to dine at this restaurant and each time we have been disappointed. We arrived early for our reservation due to change in our schedule. Despite there being many open tables we were told they would seat us in a hour. We are 100 miles from home, tired, and hungry. Had a lovely meal at the Parker House Inn. They know customer service there.
- Great spotfromVADined on 10/9/2014We go to Simon Pearce whenever we are in New England. We had not been in several years, but when we went this year, we were not disappointed. Get there early to watch how they make their glassware products. Always fascinating.Special Features:
- Outstanding eating experienceRosandJohnontourDined on 10/8/2014Simon Pearce is a fine restaurant - the location, service and of course the food are first class. We arrived late afternoon and walked in the nearby countryside then spent some time in the workshop watching very talented young people creating fantastic glassware. That left time to visit the shop and the chance to buy a "memory". Our evening meal in the restaurant was perfect. Not a cheap meal out but great value and worth every penny.Special Features:
- OutstandingshipfixerDined on 10/8/2014First time we had been there for dinner. Previous meals were lunch and always wonderful. This time it was our 49 anniversary. The creme. brûlée Was done to perfection. Now that we live in Florida our visits will be even more special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/7/2014Great food and atmosphere. We eat there every time we are in Woodstock.Special Features:
- Disappointed at bestMar1Dined on 10/7/2014I made my reservations 5 weeks in advance. It was my son's 50th birthday and I had my whole family there. I made two requests that were very important to me. I asked for a table with a view and a birthday cake. Neither request was granted. When we asked politely for a new table they had a canned speech about how they couldn't guarantee a request. There were empty tables in the room next to ours that had a view. When I complained about no cake they redeemed themselves with a small gift for my son. The food was excellent, the services was good and despite not having simple requests granted, I will return. You can't beat the ambiance. If you have a special request, call and speak to the manager directly-maybe that will work.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The very definition of fine dining!EllieDined on 10/5/2014I have been to Simon Pearce for both lunch and dinner many times. It is always just perfect, from the food to the service , right down to every detail.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/5/2014My wife and I had a great meal. I had Duck, it was very good. My wife had the tenderloin she could cut it with a fork. A great dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.