11911 W 6th Avenue
Golden, CO 80401Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.simmssteakhouse.com/
- Phone: (303) 237-0465
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday Brunch: 10:00am - 2:00pm; Sixth Avenue Lounge: Open daily at 4:00pm, Happy Hour: Every Day: 4:00pm - 7:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood
- Executive Chef: Joseph Hsu
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Catering: Allow our Executive chef and Private dining Coordinator to create a munu that perfectly complements your occaision. Hand-Select from our signature dishes to create a personalized menu that is unique to you and your event.
A word from Simms Steakhouse
Set atop a hillside overlooking downtown Denver, Simms Steakhouse offers Denver the best in destination dining. Noted for the best view in Denver, guests enjoy premier scenic dining with both indoor & outdoor seating options perfect for business dinners, special occasion dining or a family night out. Simms Steakhouse offers a spectacular new menu featuring an expansive selection of high-quality Certified Angus Beef, fresh fish, seafood, prime rib, poultry & salads. The Sixth Avenue Lounge offers indoor & outdoor soft seating areas providing guests with an unprecedented look at “Denver’s Famous View”. With a variety of specialty drinks & an extensive lounge menu, Sixth Avenue Lounge is the perfect place for social gatherings & delicious light bites.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
Simms Steakhouse - Best Restaurants in Lakewood ›
Simms Steakhouse reviews from OpenTable diners
176 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (145)special occasion (117)romantic (92)notable wine list (44)good for groups (38)fit for foodies (35)great for outdoor dining (33)neighborhood gem (32)great for brunch (24)late-night find (10)kid-friendly (10)vibrant bar scene (6)great for lunch (4)hot spot (3)Show More
- willisDined on 11/16/2014The staff was great. The food was good, the views were breathtaking, but the staff made the experienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I just don't get this restaurant....DatenightVIPDined on 11/15/2014..$58 for some beef item or $47 for veal. The most pretentious overpriced wine list in the west side of Denver. The food is O.K. but literally this restaurant should relocate to Manhattan. Not even in the same league as Shannahans or Elways but with higher prices. I will avoid in the future.
- Always enjoyableOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/13/2014I have eaten at Simms on multiple occasions. This most recent visit was excellent as usual. The wait staff was attentive. The food was very good. The atmosphere relaxing. I will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Spendy but great viewKellyDined on 11/10/2014This place is spendy. It was a date and me, she had a steak (a la carte) and a potato, I had a salmon, we each had one glass of wine and we shared a crab cake appetizer and I dropped $130 for that. Don't know how her steak was by my salmon was kind of bland. Crab cake was really strong flavored. I think the complimentary bread and honey butter tasted better than the appetizer. The view was awesome though. The restaurant is elevated and it has large windows that overlooked the south-west over hwy 6. I caught it on a snowy night so there was a calm haze over the city. That was nice. They have free valet parking but the valet broke a chain I had hanging on my rearview mirror and didn't bother to tell me about. Little mad about that.Special Features:
- Brunch DisappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/9/2014I had been wanting to check out this restaurant perched up on the hill as I had passed it many times. First impressions were good as I liked the style of the architecture and design and it has fantastic views. The brunch was quite disappointing however. Prime rib was one of the worst I've had at a brunch like this, hard to chew and not very flavorful. Everything else was just ok, nothing really stood out as very good. Coffee was pretty good though. I won't be coming back for brunch but may try dinner sometime to check out the evening ambiance and hopefully better food.Special Features:
- Improved4742Dined on 11/9/2014Our brunch experience was better than a dinner experience of a few months back. Food and service were better.Special Features:
- DeliciousCasualCriticDined on 11/7/2014Fantastic fare! Wonderful views overlooking the city lights. BEST smoked Gouda macaroni and cheese - EVER!!! And, the Filet Mignon was exceptional. Top night.Special Features:
- milehighdinerDined on 11/7/2014We enjoyed the view, wine and the seafood very good also the mac & cheese dish yummy!Special Features:
- The ViewOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 11/4/2014Great views of Denver at night. We both had the Prime Rib but wouldn't recommend it to anyone. Very chewy rather then melt in your mouth.Special Features:
- DisappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/2/2014We have been to Simms several times before and it has always been wonderful but this visit was not good. The appetizers were given to the wrong guests at the table and I figured that was just a mistake but then salads were given to the wrong people and the entrees were given to the wrong people. My wife had ordered a glass of wine with dinner and it did not come. We asked for it twice more before it was brought. The manager did remove the charge from the bill. Our server informed us that he was sorry he couldn't take care of us but was "busy making cappuccinos". We have always considered Simms a spot for special occasions but now we are not inclined to visit again.
- Still one of the best locations.daph2994Dined on 11/2/2014Took my son there for his birthday. This was my first visit there since it was Simms Landing. The ambiance is still amazing. For the price the food was great and service was good. Still one of the best restaurants on this side of town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SpecialOccasionDined on 11/1/2014Disappointed in the prime rib. Have had better at a lower price locally. The noise level was such that four of us had trouble carrying on a conversation. Providing anniversary menu was a nice touch. Would certainly give them another chance.Special Features:
- SashasdreamDined on 11/1/2014I enjoy dining at Simms. I like the atmosphere, the view, the friendly staff and the food!Special Features:
- Always Great!hillsideoneDined on 11/1/2014My family has been coming to Simms since long before it was Simms Steakhouse. The food is always delicious, the service great, ambiance and scenery wonderful. On a clear night there's no better view of Denver than at Simms. Took my husband for dinner the other night and as always, was not disappointed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FindPittguyDined on 10/31/2014I go to Simms Steakhouse every time I am in Denver. A little pricey but the food and the ambiance is great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome Halloween!!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/31/2014We went to the first Halloween event at Simms and it was so much fun. The food was excellent as was the staff. We will definitely do it again next year!Special Features:
- Good Food But ExpensiveOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/29/2014Great view for special occasions. Food is expensive for what you get.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- rjccrjccDined on 10/25/2014Overall it was a great experience. I ordered the salmon with shrimp and both were a little overcooked. Otherwise it was a great meal.Special Features:
- $ spent have had betterChicagoDined on 10/25/2014We had king crab & lobster have had much better . Crab cakes not good, raw oysters goodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice, but not fantasticRogerfromcoDined on 10/25/2014The view is outstanding and the restaurant itself is quite lovely. The downside is the constant attempts at upselling by the staff, which I am assuming is part of the training by management. We ordered calamari, dinner salads, and prime rib which came with a side, along with a $200 bottle of wine. Throughout the service we were constantly asked if we'd like to order the dessert soufle, bottled water, extra vegetable sides, coffee, dessert, each of which is an extra charge and our dinner was already over $400. It was like talking to a Cust Service rep for a computer company in India - everything felt scripted, not genuine. We have been here 3 times and this is the 2nd time we have experienced this. I think we'll be going back to The Fort.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/25/2014First time we have been to Simms. It was a great experience and the food was outstanding. Beautiful place to dine any time. The staff was knowledgeable and made excellent recommendation on the steaks. Thanks for the a wonderful experience.Special Features:
- We were let down a little this time.SimmsDisappointedFanDined on 10/17/2014There was a couple behind our table that made our experience less than appealing. The woman was very loud and we couldn't even have our own conversation at our table. Two members of management even stopped by the table and visited with the couple and let them know that they appreciated their business, which seemed to be a reasonable attempt to try and get them to tone it down, without saying as much. It didn't work very well. Simms has always been a choice place for us when we are in Denver, which is not very often. Anyway - The waiter did an excellent job of taking care of us. He was "Outstanding"!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great view, lacking in other areasfoodieforlifeDined on 10/17/2014Simms truly does have a fantastic view. The restaurant though has that 'corporate' feel. Went for a birthday dinner and to spend time with my father. They made a mistake on my baked potato- I asked for the fixings on the side, but it was delivered on the potato. Not really a big deal to me, and I told them that. But the number of people who came over to apologize, discuss it, offer to fix it- it was just too much. The food was ok. Nothing to rave about, but for the prices I expect more. The east meets west appetizer was excellent. Other things like the prime rib, onion soup- all very standard steakhouse fare, were serviceable, but I've had them prepared much better elsewhere.Special Features:
- Pretty viewCindyLDined on 10/14/2014Simms has a pretty view and good service, but just so-so food. The steaks are nothing special, don't appear to be aged in any special way, and not seasoned especially well. The service was very attentive and the restaurant was nice looking. The price was high for the average quality of food.Special Features:
- Anniversary DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/12/2014Simms came recommended through a co-worker and it was great. Food was delicious and the view was fantastic.Special Features:
- Nice service - disappointing steakOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/11/2014I wanted to celebrate a special birthday with a friend that loves steak. The management and wait-staff kept asking if everything was just fabulous to prompt an inflated rave reaction. The truth is I believe this restaurant might have been great at one time. The ribeye steak was poorly prepared and unappetizing. The steak which was ordered medium rare was weakly cooked and slapped on a plate as if the ovens were incapable of cooking it properly. We didn't say anything to each other not trying to disappoint the other until we left with the barely eaten left over steak and just tossed it realizing we both knew it wasn't worth eating. Service was friendly but food wasn't worthy of the reputation that preceded it and very overpriced.Special Features:
- steakhouse?OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/11/2014The worst steak ever and you charge 55?? My dad had to send back his steak?? At least good viewsSpecial Features:
- Amazing view,food is okayOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/10/2014We felt like you couldn't beat the views and the service was good. But the food was only fair especially for the price. Some of the food was good but most of it lacked flavor. The sauces were good for example, the Calamari was bland but it was accompanied by two sauces so as long as you dipped them, it was good. This was the same for our other appetizers, sides and main entrees. The server was good and she was attentive as well as all the other staff.Special Features:
- disappointed .....jknjlgDined on 10/10/20144th visit -- the first 2 wonderful, the last 2 disappointing. This time we had prime rib with baked potato. The meals were barely warm, the baked potato hardly melted the butter. The costs of dining at Simms Steakhouse are high, as are the expectations. The prime rib had a wonderful flavor, it was just cold. We will try it one more time, hopefully these 2 instances are the exception, rather than the rule.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 10/5/2014My son ordered a prime rib cooked medium rare. The piece he received was cooked well done so he sent it back. His new serving looked wonderful on the top but when he flipped it over, he discovered it was cut from the side of the beef and was cooked well done. The server commented that this piece was usually reserved for those who ordered the cut well done. However, the manager only offered our table free desserts and did not comp my son for the meal. They got off cheap since only 2 at our table ordered the dessert. They also lost our business.
- Brunch not worth it!saddenedVIPDined on 10/5/2014The brunch was uninspired and rather bland! All the choices in potatoes looked the same as did the rice. The pork was dry and the sauce offered had a coffee base. If you are not a coffee lover you were out of luck. Where were the rolls?! There were none. We had to search for someone to get coffee to our table. The professionalism of the staff has definitely decreased. Over all, I won't go back nor will I recommend it to anyone else.
- Wonderful dining experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/5/2014My girlfriend and I came to eat here for our 1st anniversary and were impressed with the romantic setting and the great food! We will definitely come here again.Special Features:
- Brunch or DinnerColoNativeDined on 10/5/2014Simms Steakhouse is a great place for Brunch or Dinner. I have been here for both and the service is always top notch. The Food is outstanding, nothing but good things about this place. :-)Special Features:
- My kids thought they were in heavenkidzluvitalsoDined on 10/5/2014I want to thank the staff and personal at Simms for an outstanding brunch serving on Sunday. My wife and I took our 10 year old son and 9 year old daughter and they were amazed at the food and the scenery. They already want to go back!Special Features:
- Long AgoHeaterguy101Dined on 10/5/2014I last visited for Brunch some 10 years ago when it was still Simms Landing. Back then I enjoyed the Brunch as I did this weekend for my 1st visit as Simms Steakhouse. I enjoyed my visit this weekend. The food was good, The wait staff and omelet cooks were great. The only thing that I was not happy with was the price for a tiny glass of Mimosa. I own a HVAC Company and Yes, I know you have to mark up your product(s) to survive but you also have to be reasonable to the people that are paying a premium price for breakfast. Wouldn't you feel better as a customer if you were offered a complimentary glass of Mimosa with your breakfast/brunch? I know I would.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TampaBillDined on 10/4/2014My first steak was over cooked and the second was under. I will not send back for a third. Rare steak that is cold centered is not pleasant to me. Not to mention it was rather flavorless. My son's filet was perfectly prepared but lacked any aged flavor. All the sides were great, but left wanting a steak.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Well RoundednakatakaliDined on 10/3/2014Food was good, crab cake appetizer was a little cool in the middle for my taste, but overall a very nice ambiance, good view and good service. Would go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Service and AmbianceBSimthDined on 10/1/2014Took a business client here for dinner with my girlfriend. Service and view of the city are outstanding. Two of us ordered the bison strip, it was not worth $45. We were offered full refunds for them but as we had already ate most of them we felt a partial refund was more appropriate. All of the sides were very tasty. The tuna entre was also very good.Special Features:
- Great views, even better food!allinleyDined on 9/23/2014The food is ALWAYS amazing here. The cocktails are delightful, as is the services. It is a joy to come here at every visit.Special Features:
- Blown Away by a ChainOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/22/2014Not only where we impressed by the quality of seafood that we were served in a midwest location, but the knowledge of our waiter and the view at this location was the cherry on top.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.