Silo Elevated Cuisine - Alamo Heights
1133 Austin Hwy
San Antonio, TX 78209Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Silo Elevated Cuisine - Alamo Heights
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.siloelevatedcuisine.com/
- Phone: (210) 824-8686
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: DAILY - 11:00 AM; Dinner: DAILY - 5:30 PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Gary Boatman
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Dancing, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Silo Elevated Cuisine is delighted to host your gathering of up to 100 guests at either San Antonio location. Myriad rooms seat guests in various configurations, depending on nature of event and A/V needs.
- Private Party Contact: Robin Bondesen - firstname.lastname@example.org 2108247456x
- Entertainment: Silo offers Live Entertainment Wednesday - Saturday Evenings, beginning at 9:30 p.m. Please call for featured entertainers.
- Special Events: HAPPY HOUR - DAILY - 4-9; $2.50 Select Beers; $4 Well Drinks; & $5 Martinis, Wine by the Glass, & Appetizers.
A word from Silo Elevated Cuisine - Alamo Heights
Since 2010, Listed as one of OpenTable's Top American US Restaurants and rated as one of Zagat’s Top Local Picks. Silo Elevated Cuisine is sure to bring delight to all your senses. Enjoy creative, world-class cuisine served with meticulous attention to detail in a casual yet elegant dining environment.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
Silo Elevated Cuisine - Alamo Heights - Best Restaurants in Alamo Heights ›
Silo Elevated Cuisine - Alamo Heights reviews from OpenTable diners
183 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (127)fit for foodies (108)romantic (97)neighborhood gem (96)notable wine list (61)great for lunch (32)good for groups (23)great for brunch (19)hot spot (19)vibrant bar scene (17)late-night find (13)scenic view (1)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- By far the best restaurant in San Antonio!KevthebritDined on 11/22/2014This place continues to exceed expectations both in servoce and the quality fo the food served. The wine list continues numerous wonders that will compliment any selection. The food presentation is second to none with a taste to match. Definitiely recommended!Special Features:
- Great ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/21/2014Overall great experience, but most importantly even greater food!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/14/2014Everything was great except for the fact that I specifically noted that 2 people in our group were celebrating their birthday and there was no recognition what so ever. Which was disappointing since the table next to us had a birthday and I know this because they were recognized!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Most enjoyable for birthday party.OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/11/2014Very friendly staff and customers. Food very imaginative and tasty. Nice wine list.Special Features:
- very nice!penelope17Dined on 11/10/2014I came here on a date with my boyfriend and we were both pleasantly surprised with the food and dessert. Our waiter was very nice and professional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice eveningChrisDined on 11/8/2014Great menu, delicious meal, great evening. We have eaten at Silo's on many occasions and have never been disappointed.Special Features:
- Small space..great tasteKatedinesDined on 11/7/2014The dining area was small and a little noisy. Good place for a date or double date because the seating is close and has an intimate feel. The food was great as well as the service. Portion size was filling. We had the pork shank and crab cakes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Kids -- really?OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/7/2014I don't expect to find toddlers at a fine dining establishment; as one of my friends says: "If there's no kids' menu, don't bring them." To have a special dinner planned with kids at two adjacent tables crying was not what I would expect as part of a fine dining experience. This is less on the restaurant, then on the lack of judgment of these parents. Other than this, our experience was great.Special Features:
- THTJSHDined on 10/25/2014Overall excellent. Great for a group or a date. Would suggest making reservations on weekends because you could be waiting if you just walk-in. Service was excellent as well. Attentive but not overbearing.Special Features:
- First TimersSamcrystalDined on 10/25/2014We have known about Silos for a long while, we just never thought about trying it. Recently it was recommended for us to try it to celebrate an occasion. We loved the food, the staff was extremely nice, probably could've been sat at a better area, but that is a minor thing in all of the great things at Silos. We definitely plan on going agaim very soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GoodeatsDined on 10/25/2014A little on the dark side in the restaurant...be sure to get a reasonable lite table. Otherwise excellent, wonderful food attentive (but not too much) staff. It is on my regular list for sure--Special Features:
- 2 Noisyfoodie2Dined on 10/18/2014There is a sports bar beneath the restaurant and they had a football game playing and there was a lot of hollering and cheering going on which really takes away from the ambiance of the restaurant. It was very hard at times to have a conversation with our guests across the table.Special Features:
- LittleJohnnieVIPDined on 10/12/2014Food was excellent, service lacking. Finished my salad and a server took the fork off my salad plate and set it back on the table.Special Features:
- Always a Fav!BeckyDined on 10/11/2014Have been going to Silo for years and never does it dissapoint! We were celebrating a birthday and was assisted with very helpful staff in pre-arrranging a bottle of champagne.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, great service!LynneR912VIPDined on 10/11/2014The restaurant is upstairs and upscale but not stuffy. The food was terrific and the staff was unbelievably good - polite, knowledgeable about the menu, well trained - kudos!Special Features:
- DeliciousMardiDined on 10/11/2014First of all, I am glad we made OpenTable reservations because the restaurant had to turn away people who hadn't planned ahead. The chicken fried oysters were to die for appetizers - I wish I'd ordered more for my main course. The crab cakes were superb. Our waiter was very attentive. This is a great place for a special occasion.Special Features:
- Excellent as Usual!BabybirdDined on 10/10/2014I have not dined at Silo more than 3 times but each time has been remarkable and the food outstanding as well as the service. I really appreciated out server because she saw to our every need but did not constantly interrupt conversation constantly. It was my Mothers Birthday and they really took good care of us from the bartenders who were quite friendly even though we were not drinking except ice tea, and the upstairs service was exceptional. The only problem that I ever face here is what to choose from all the delicious options on the menu.Special Features:
- Excellent food/servicedatenightDined on 10/5/2014Everything about the food, service, atmosphere, etc. was excellent! 5 stars across the board in those categories. However...my husband and I dined in celebration of our wedding anniversary. We made this a special occasion for us. While I was in a dress and he in a dress shirt and tie, it was very disappointing to see a couple come in to dine wearing flip flops, running short and old T-shirts. I'd like to see a dress code enforced - while I'm not saying a suit and tie is required, I think shorts and flip flops should be turned away. This isn't a beach restaurant. And for the gourmet, fine dining experience I would expect to see other patrons appreciate it and respect it as much as we do.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingDominiqueDined on 10/5/2014I just love silo, the service is great! Even though its a bit to quiet its a very calm romantic atmosphere. The food is the best part though. I always have the spinach salad, the fried bri goes great with the dried apricots. Over all its always a great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Brenda HFoodLuvrDined on 10/4/2014We have been to the Silo at 1604 a number of times and always had fantastic food and service. This was the first time a the Alamo Heights location and it was fantastic as well! The food, the staff the atmosphere was awesome and we will certainly be back!Special Features:
- DeliciousPatDDined on 10/3/2014This restaurant's strong suit is it's superb food! All four folks our party felt each course was delicious and attractively presented. Kudos go especially to the Crab Cake & Shrimp entrée -- and this comment comes from a Marylander who has specific ideas of what a crab cake should be. This crab cake was jumbo lump meat with very little filling and just the right spices and outside fried texture. I couldn't do that crab cake better my self --- and I pride myself as a foodie cook on my specialty crab cakes. Best crab cake in Texas! Desserts were another special highlight. I highly recommend Silo for a delicious dining experience!Special Features:
- Great lunch spotbblackDined on 10/3/2014We eat year annually as a celebratory event; always great service and great food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect date restaurant!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/2/2014Courteous service all around, outstanding food, and great ambiance...would highly recommend it to others & will definitely go back!Special Features:
- enjoyamealVIPDined on 9/30/2014Another wonderful meal at Silo (Austin Hwy). I thoroughly enjoyed my shrimp n'cheese grits (delectable!) and my partner raved about his pork shank with green chili mac'n cheese orzo! Server Jenny was delightful!Special Features:
- Not as good as previouslyernst4uVIPDined on 9/30/2014The look and feel is still the same as before and the service is very good, however, the food is only mediocre now and not the great cuisine Silo once provided. The menu is basically the same as it has been for years, just not prepared as well...maybe a new chef is in order.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sea Bass and Duckmikerod09Dined on 9/29/2014Silo always makes us as if they're glad to see us, and the food and service never disappoint. The sea bass was perfect and the five-spice duck was moist and tender. My only regret was the imperfect choice of wine for the duck; pouilly fumé was not the right choice. Our waitress, Amanda, was delightful and her memory for the evening's specials was most impressive. Love this place—and the fact that it's a five minute drive from our home.Special Features:
- A little disappointedDebbieDined on 9/29/2014Having eaten here a few times before, our experience was always pleasing. However this time the waitress did not offer us anything to drink. We had to ask. We were a party of 6. 4 of us were on one check and using a promotionial coupon. The other 2 were on a separate check and also wanted to use a coupon but were told only 1 coupon per table. They could have easily got up and moved to another table but didn't want to be rude. If they were on a totally separate check they should have been able to use the coupon. The 1 per table rule is ridiculous. Also, the scallops that one person ordered were undercooked and she ended up ill the next day. Normally Silo is a great place to eat but they need to work on a few things.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome!LuvsFoodDined on 9/27/2014Great food and great service! Try the Peking eggrolls as an appetizer, it is amazing :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 50th Reunion special occasiononceinabluemoonDined on 9/26/2014Food was delicious, well-prepared and presented, service excellent. For us, it was comparable to formal cruise dining. Too expensive for our normal venue, but greatly enjoyed on our 50th high school reunion weekend/wedding anniversary weekend.Special Features:
- SerivceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/26/2014It was noticed that towards the end of our entree our waiter began to be less attentive, our glasses went unfilled the rest of the evening. There was one person who came around to refill our water, but that was it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WendellDined on 9/25/2014This is one of our favorite restaurants. We come here as often as we can.Special Features:
- Luv2chewVIPDined on 9/19/2014Last minute reservation while on trip to San Antonio. Specialty drinks disappointing as was wine by the glass. Salmon was delicious. Wife had vegi risotto and liked it as well. Skip the dessert - nothing special there. We split the coconut pie and it was average. Service was friendly & efficient.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently great food!LoretDined on 9/19/2014I love this place. We celebrated my sister in law's birthday. This is a great place for any excuse.Special Features:
- Silo Elevated - 09/14/2014GarallenVIPDined on 9/14/2014This place is GREAT - food is excellent and portion sizes are generous. The wine list is very nice with many choices. However, I think the markup on the wines is a little high. Other than that - this is a fantastic place.Special Features:
- Another very good dinnermb2muchDined on 9/14/2014Our food and service were very good; as usual. We can always count on Silo for consistent quality. We eat here about once per month and are always satisfied with the experience.Special Features:
- Great foodLuv2eatDined on 9/13/2014Food was great. Red Fish was undercooked but everything else was great. Duck was outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Dining ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/10/2014Had the salmon and grouper special- they were both delicious and the presentation was great! Service was wonderful without being over attentive!Special Features:
- Love it!LucullusDined on 9/7/2014We went there for Sunday brunch. If you expect common brunch fare, this is not the place to go. Their menu is eclectic with an upscale twist, but the prices are reasonable. We ordered shrimp and grits and French toast. Food and service were outstanding. They also offer a prix fixe option. You get several courses for a very good price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Had a great time!BDPSADined on 9/6/2014I took my parents out for dinner and they had never been to Silo before. They were blown away by the food and service. We all had a great time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- very nicebarettaDined on 9/4/2014Nice atmosphere good food great evening My husband and I have been before and we live 175 miles from San Antonio so you know the service and food are greatSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.