Silo Elevated Cuisine - Alamo Heights
1133 Austin Hwy
San Antonio, TX 78209Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Silo Elevated Cuisine - Alamo Heights
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.siloelevatedcuisine.com/
- Phone: (210) 824-8686x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: DAILY - 11:00 AM; Dinner: DAILY - 5:30 PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Gary Boatman
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Dancing, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Silo Elevated Cuisine is delighted to host your gathering of up to 100 guests at either San Antonio location. Myriad rooms seat guests in various configurations, depending on nature of event and A/V needs.
- Private Party Contact: Robin Bondesen - email@example.com 2108247456x
- Entertainment: Silo offers Live Entertainment Wednesday - Saturday Evenings, beginning at 9:30 p.m. Please call for featured entertainers.
- Special Events: HAPPY HOUR - DAILY - 4-9; $2.50 Select Beers; $4 Well Drinks; & $5 Martinis, Wine by the Glass, & Appetizers.
A word from Silo Elevated Cuisine - Alamo Heights
Since 2010, Listed as one of OpenTable's Top American US Restaurants and rated as one of Zagat’s Top Local Picks. Silo Elevated Cuisine is sure to bring delight to all your senses. Enjoy creative, world-class cuisine served with meticulous attention to detail in a casual yet elegant dining environment.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Silo Elevated Cuisine - Alamo Heights - Best Restaurants in Alamo Heights ›
Silo Elevated Cuisine - Alamo Heights reviews from OpenTable diners
208 reviews since May 20, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (159)romantic (119)fit for foodies (115)neighborhood gem (98)notable wine list (74)great for lunch (36)good for groups (31)hot spot (26)great for brunch (25)vibrant bar scene (19)late-night find (14)kid-friendly (3)scenic view (1)Show More
- Silo Elevated - 09/14/2014GarallenVIPDined on 9/14/2014This place is GREAT - food is excellent and portion sizes are generous. The wine list is very nice with many choices. However, I think the markup on the wines is a little high. Other than that - this is a fantastic place.Special Features:
- Great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014Food was great. Red Fish was undercooked but everything else was great. Duck was outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Dining ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/10/2014Had the salmon and grouper special- they were both delicious and the presentation was great! Service was wonderful without being over attentive!Special Features:
- Love it!LucullusDined on 9/7/2014We went there for Sunday brunch. If you expect common brunch fare, this is not the place to go. Their menu is eclectic with an upscale twist, but the prices are reasonable. We ordered shrimp and grits and French toast. Food and service were outstanding. They also offer a prix fixe option. You get several courses for a very good price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Had a great time!BDPSADined on 9/6/2014I took my parents out for dinner and they had never been to Silo before. They were blown away by the food and service. We all had a great time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- very nicebarettaDined on 9/4/2014Nice atmosphere good food great evening My husband and I have been before and we live 175 miles from San Antonio so you know the service and food are greatSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- rtamoVIPDined on 9/2/2014Excellent food and service! Barney was outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary TreatHarkeiDined on 9/2/2014As a repeat customer I found the service, cleanliness, overall visit very good. Usually the food is excellent. On this occasion I ordered the lamb, which was one of the off menu entrees. I found the lamb to be a bit "chewy". This is very unusual for Silo and will not deter me from returning. All the soups, sides, desserts very the usual excellent quality. My wife's entree was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sorry not impressedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/31/2014My husband and I have been in food service for the better part of out lives and consider it an interest and hobby. We ordered the tuna and tenderloin and although it was fresh and cooked adequately and certainly came promptly it tasted like food we make at home but not as good. We were disappointed because we thought at those prices we felt we should have been a little wowed. To make it worse the tenderloin came with no mushroom and we had to ask for them which shows a lack of attention to detail on the part of the cook and server. The server was friendly and helpful in ordering and very nice when we asked him to go back to the kitchen.Special Features:
- Perfect Sunday BrunchMuckmat8Dined on 8/31/2014We had a great Sunday brunch here with many thanks to our wonderful server Shawn. All his recommendations were great and his professional much appreciated. We will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AWESOME!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014The food was outstanding! Everything was cooked to perfection! I had the Grilled Shrimp and Crab Cake Dinner with Angel Hair Pasta, my bf had the Lamb dinner. We shared the fried oyster appetizer and a bottle of Moscato. There was complimentary bread served as well. The portions were adequate, not large but just enough. The atmosphere was nice, the service was great-the servers were very fast and efficient. The cuisine is up there in price; Our bill came to $117 before gratuity, but I did get a $20 coupon by getting on their email list when I made my reservation online. I will definately go again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Red fish and pork shanksnack14Dined on 8/30/2014We've dined at Silo on Austin Hwy several times and always love the experience. This time was dinner for two. Redfish was cooked perfectly, as was the pork shank. We enjoyed the salted carmel gelato as well. The restaurant is always adequately staffed to ensure attention to detail. Well worth a visit.Special Features:
- TopDrewVIPDined on 8/30/2014If I had to put one SA restaurant up against the top restaurants in the US, this would be it.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb diningKarenDined on 8/29/2014I can always count on a fantastic dining experience at this restaurant. One of my favorite places to eat in San Antonio. The food is superb as well as the service and ambiance!Special Features:
- BirthdayBirthdayDined on 8/26/2014Great dinner showcasing the chefs imagination and skill. The service was impeccable. A memorable eveningSpecial Features:
- A New York FeelDinerinSADined on 8/26/2014Silo on Austiin Hwy reminds me of an intimate, very upscale New York restaurant without the outrageous price! It is, by far, my favorite restaurant in SA. I take clients there frequently for both lunch and dinner. We are able to visit without having to raise our voices. I never feel rushed, I can always get in, and it it the perfect place to wow a client with the service, flavors, atmosphere, variety, wine list........I could go on and on! My husband and I also love to go alone for the perfect romantic dinner and my lady friends and I love to go for "girls night out". I also love the open kitchen effect at the rear of the restaurant. Also, if you are looking for the perfect gift certificate, this is the place to buy one!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We love Silo!!LuvussomeSiloDined on 8/24/2014Our server, Lisa, was the best! The food is always delicious. Silo makes a special occasion even more special!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Eh...OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 8/24/2014First, there is NO ambience here. It is just dark. The waiter was nice and tried to be helpful, but was weak on wine suggestions...maybe not his fault, as the wine menu was limited compared to what I'm used to at a high end restaurant. The Texas Ruby Red bar drink made up for it! The food was elegantly presented, and I could tell it was not made by a novice. At the same time, much of it was bland. The lamb was not tender and was tasteless. The "famous" chicken fried oysters were mostly coating and very small.
- Delicious food ok servicePamFamDined on 8/23/2014The food was absolutely amazing! We had the pork shank, the beef tenderloin and caeser salads. All so good. The service was a little slow. It took us about 2 hours for dinner. I think they were short staffed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wrong menu???LetsEatDined on 8/23/2014Prior to arriving for our reservation we took the time to review Silo's online menu and selected the entrees we would be ordering; chilean sea bass w. soba noodles & prime centercut ribeye w. potato gratin. Unfortunately neither of the entrees we selected from the online menu was available in-house. Our waitstaff informed us one selection was no longer offered due to low demand and the other was only available at the 1604 location. We were left to scramble for two other entree selections, neither of which appealed to us as much as the entrees we'd selected online. We left full, but disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great culinary offering!tamatoVIPDined on 8/23/2014Culinary offering the best! Wonderful wine list. Ambiance warm and nice. Dined at this location twice, the wait service and host / front end service are consistently sub-par. Their customer service and wait service needs more training or better selection of personnel. Unfortunately, our last dining experience ended up with a server whose actions and communication style was subpar or unacceptable at a fine dining restaurant. Our group did not stay for dessert because of the service.Special Features:
- Awesome Place!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/22/2014This restaurant is a most go!! The lamb is to die for and the risotto just outstanding! Love going there! this is by far my new favorite restaurant in San Antonio!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a Joy to Dine at Silo's - AHJudymonarchVIPDined on 8/22/2014Shawn was out waiter at lunch today and he was fantastic! So friendly, attentive, and knowledgeable! We love having the Prix Fixe Lunches at Silo. Truly the best deal in town! The Parmesan Crusted Trout with accompanying artichoke risotto was perfect!Special Features:
- A classic09foodieDined on 8/20/2014Silo is consistently wonderful. The food was great. We had the iconic fried oyster salad, the seared tuna appetizer, the foie gras, all great. For entrees we had, among other things, the duck (spectacular), crab cake, scallops and Kurobuta pork shank. Everthing was tasty and cooked perfectly. The only complaint was that the orzo, while described as orzo "mac and cheese" didn't really resemble mac and cheese, but was good nevertheless. All in all a delightful evening.Special Features:
- horrible all aroundanyonehomeDined on 8/18/2014The service was extremely poor. I was not offered anything to drink after I said I did not want wine. The waiter did not aford me time to order a salad as he quickly left the table with my entre order. Sea Bass was drastically under cooked, but hot when served. Eggplant and cauliflower beneith was stone cold. Waiter never returned to table until I stood up to leave, at that point he came to the table to give me my bill.
- Awesome!ChewingGentlyDined on 8/18/20144 ladies for lunch and we were treated royally. I wish I remembered his name. -slimi, tall ,dark hair and handsome . The restaurant Name really says something that is true... an elevated experence and now the a TV noted top chef, we have to pray he is not stolen away! THE NOSH on the floor below is great for outdoor dining. I have been coming since ? 2001/2? when the downstairs space still had the farmers market coolers in place.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/17/2014The food was fabulous. Service was kind and friendly. The Salmon was cooked perfectly and very moist. The Silo coffee was a great end to the meal.Special Features:
- Yummy brunchsafoodieDined on 8/17/2014Yummy brunch with a good selection of menu items. Chefs omelet, French toast with fresh berries, pecan crusted chicken, spinach salad and a hamburger w/ fries!!! Delicious !!!!!Special Features:
- Fiances Birthday DinnerTXFoodieDined on 8/16/2014Had reservations at 7:30pm on Saturday night...VERY busy, but that's a good thing! Food was phenomenal and the service was good (not great)...I have been to both of the Silo's (1604 and Alamo Heights) in the past month, the food is fabulous at both locations, but for the ambiance, view and service I HIGHLY recommend the 1604 location.Special Features:
- ronnieVIPDined on 8/16/2014All four of us enjoyed our meal and the service was great. Enjoyed meeting Luca...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!galinatlVIPDined on 8/15/2014We are new to San Antonio, and decided to try Silo on the recommendation of friends. This is definitely going to be one of our favorites! The service was great, our server was knowledgable and helpful with suggestions. To start, we tried the signature appetizer, the chicken fried oysters. They were fantastic. You can also order it as an entree, which I might do next time! For entrees, I chose the scallops, while my husband got the red fish, which was a special for that evening. Both entrees were delicious. It was hard to decide what to get, as everything on the menu sounded great. There is something for everyone on this menu. For dessert, we split the belgian chocolate mousse, which was the perfect ending for the perfect meal!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AlamoCityDined on 8/15/2014Lovely meal at Silo's. The free valet parking (tip the valet) came in handy since i'm disabled. My confusion with the restaurant is the dress code. At a 7:00 pm seating i saw folks in short pants, jeans, and women in flip flops. That might be ok for lunch, but in my opinion the dinner seating should have a much stricter dress code.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SazaracLoverVIPDined on 8/15/2014As always, the waite staff was outstanding. The food has been tweeked just slightly and the adjustments were excellent. The scallops were as good or better than any available in the city. The pear & sautern sorbet was perfection. The new source for their frozen deserts sets this offerring apart from those appearing at many other restaurants.Special Features:
- classylion44Dined on 8/15/2014The atmosphere was very classy, our server was very informative and did not bother us. The food portions were good size and excellent taste, nice wine selection.Special Features:
- Great foodluvgreatfoodDined on 8/14/2014The atmosphere and food is a great experience. I highly recommend Silo to anyone that has never been.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Chef Luca Rules!DJPearlDined on 8/13/2014My father chose Silo for his 81st birthday dinner. Everyone in our party was pleased with their meal, even my non-foodie husband! The food has always been very good. It seems that it has been elevated by Chef Luca. The service was attentive and special, as I had noted my father's birthday on our reservation. We will return more often.Special Features:
- Excellent as expectedPallDined on 8/13/2014One of our favorite restaurants anywhere. . This place never disappoints. You can't find a better meal in san antonio.
- wonderful food. wonderful sevice!nancyDined on 8/11/2014this silo is better than the one on 1604. the food is better, and the waiters are wonderful. the music is light, and not the loud heavy rock and roll at 1604, where the waiters cannot even hear you!! all the restaurants in san Antonio should take a page from this silo, on food quality, food service, and most of all music choices, and volumn!!! thank u josh for a wonderful day!!!Special Features:
- Best Tasting Menu in San AntonioSiloDined on 8/9/2014Every dish was absolutely delicious and bursting with flavor. The following day my family was still reminiscing about how amazing the taste of the food was. Our service was A+++. The Silo on Alamo Heights is our family's favorite restaurant in San Antonio.Special Features:
- nice casual dinnerNewTasteBudsDined on 8/9/2014Great food, great atmosphere and great service. We always enjoy our meals here and they have a great drink selection as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.