Silo Elevated Cuisine - 1604
434 N.Loop 1604 West
San Antonio, TX 78232Neighborhood:
North San Antonio
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Silo Elevated Cuisine - 1604
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.siloelevatedcuisine.com/
- Phone: 2104838989x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: DAILY - 11:00 AM, Dinner: DAILY - 5:30 PM, Bar: DAILY - 4:00 PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Gary Boatman
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Dancing, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Smoking Area, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Silo offers Live Entertainment Friday & Saturday Evenings, featuring 80's Cover Bands beginning at 9:30 p.m. Please call for featured entertainers.
- Special Events: HAPPY HOUR - DAILY 4-9; $2.50 Select Beers; $4 Well Drinks; & $5 Martinis, Wine by the Glass, & Appetizers.
A word from Silo Elevated Cuisine - 1604
Since 2010, Listed as one of OpenTable's Top American US Restaurants & rated as one of Zagat’s Top Local Picks. Silo Elevated Cuisine is sure to bring delight to all your senses. Enjoy creative, world-class cuisine served with meticulous attention to detail in a casual yet elegant dining environment.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Silo Elevated Cuisine - 1604 - Best Restaurants in North San Antonio ›
Silo Elevated Cuisine - 1604 reviews from OpenTable diners
211 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (166)fit for foodies (110)romantic (110)notable wine list (72)good for groups (66)great for lunch (65)neighborhood gem (59)great for brunch (47)vibrant bar scene (33)hot spot (32)scenic view (13)late-night find (9)kid-friendly (7)great for outdoor dining (3)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/31/2014Always an excellent dining experience. Great food, good service, and pleasant ambiance.Special Features:
- excellent as alwaysCaboDaveDined on 8/30/2014Every time we come to Silo it is always a great experience. friendly staff, great food, waiters and bus boys on top of the situation. Reasonable pricingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Until The Drums StartedPleasedPatronDined on 8/29/2014There was a bit of a wait when we first got to restaraunt while they got our table ready. They were about 15 min past our reservation before we were seated, but that wasn't too bad since we could grab drinks at the bar below while we waited. What was bad -- terrible infact -- was the band starting up in the bar below while the place was still packed. It completely ruined the atmosphere. I told my date it felt like I was about to fall through the floor at times. It was incredibly loud and all the more unacceptable given the two locations appear to be under the same management.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good eatingBigblkbldmnDined on 8/28/2014It's a very good restaurant with great service. If I had to pick on them it's because there are some foods the they cannot taylor because they are made in the morning. Although fresh they can't or won't make some things specific to the customer. Example Shrimp and Grits. I'm lactose and cannot have dairy. Well as a cook I know how to make it without cheese, milk or butter and there great. I know it's a lot to ask but maybe they can do a lactose menu with the same things. Yea. Overall it's a great restaurant.Special Features:
- serviceIrish4VIPDined on 8/26/2014Great wait staff (especially David) and hostesses who assisted my disabled wife. We love the place and eat there often JimSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 65th birthday celebration!JamesDined on 8/23/2014This is a wonderful, delectable find. One of the best restaurants we have ever been to. The food was spectacular from presentation through taste. Our server Mazi was very special. She was not intrusive, she knew exactly when to come to the table, had a great personality and was probably one of the best servers we have ever had. We were very happy to be there and we will return.Special Features:
- Another Home RunOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/22/2014This is my fourth visit to Silo. Hit it out of the park again. I expected it to be a busy Friday night but we got in ahead of reservations, and quickly had our salads. Menu choices were excellent. My guest commented on the chicken fried oysters. I selected the shrimp and grits. My wife had the salmon. The specials of the night were tempting too. Overall experience was A1.Special Features:
- No surprises, consistantly goodjohnteeDined on 8/22/2014We have been going to Silo's since the 1604 location opened but have reserved it for special occasions (birthdays, anniversaries, etc.). After our visit on Friday evening (no special occasion, just tired and a little stressed) we agreed that the food, service, ambiance and reasonable prices warranted more frequent visits. We live in a fast changing, high pressure society and we read, hear and see on TV of a world fraught with financial problems and physical danger. There is some stress and even a little fear these days about what the future will bring. An hour or two enjoying good food and service and being confident that it is likely to be the same next time we need a break or are tired and stressed helps smooth out a few bumps.Special Features:
- constistently goodLambyDined on 8/22/2014Excellant food, ambiance delightful. Pricey but worth it.Special Features:
- Never disappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/21/2014Consistenly good food - have never been disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing food kBrettDined on 8/19/2014The food here is always amazing and the service is top notch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Date PlaceSCSteveDined on 8/19/2014I reserved an evening for a second date at Silo Elevated Cuisine. I have to say the food was fantastic and the service was the perfect balance of friendly and professional. I'm from wine country in California and was glad to see so many choices of fantastic wines that may not have label recognition. Our bottle of the prisoner was a perfect match for our dinners. My date however didn't work out so well but I will be back even by myself for the food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Favorite placeRobLDined on 8/19/2014Silo has been my favorite place for years now! The service is always attentive and not intrusive. The kitchen and chef are always at their best! Scallops to die for, the lamb is lean and tender and the Shrimp and Grits is an explosion of flavor. Here's to many more years Silo!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fine dining, indeedMrJDDined on 8/16/2014We hadn't been to this Silo in quite some time, but we decided to celebrate my birthday there. Same great ambiance, service and quality food. I had the duck and my wife had the pork shank. Both were superb. Prices are reasonable for such an upscale venue. And we didn't see one person wearing a T-shirt, jeans or a ball cap -- as you do in so many nice restaurants in San Antonio, including upscale steakhouses.Special Features:
- Chic cuisine and convenient!WinendineDined on 8/15/2014Hadn't been to Silo in awhile - found it on open table! Service was wonderful - food was exceptional. Everyone's meal looked good but my scallops - well they were the best. Cooked perfectly and with the vegetable and lobster combo - wow! The coconut pie our friends had - well let's just say they didn't speak while consuming it! Our chocolate soufflé probably was our disappointment - good but not the way we thought we would end a meal - no wow factor. Next time will try something else. Yes - there will be a next time. Thank you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great small dishesRamirezDined on 8/13/2014In an up and coming area (Southtown). This restaurant is a great place to go and try four or five dishes and split them between two people. We particularly liked the lettuce wraps, grilled Okra, and above all the grilled quail. Everything was good but the entrees noted were especially good.Special Features:
- PerfectREBaDined on 8/13/2014Great food and absolutely incredible service. First time for my business associates and they will return. Silo never disappointsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunch with the girls.PaddlesDined on 8/12/2014Am from out of town (Kerrville) the Silo is convenient either on the way in or out for lunch, is an enjoyable respite from a day of shopping or appointments with very friendly service and exceptionally good food.Special Features:
- ssambssambDined on 8/9/2014My husband and I were celebrating our 18 yr anniversary and had an amazing time! I was very hesitant because of starting a no carb diet w no fats added. My waitress did not at all make me feel I was being demanding. She was amazing! We have decided to visit you on a more regular basis.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentBoss14Dined on 8/9/2014I love this restaurant. The food and service is always excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JTulDined on 8/9/2014The food was excellent as usual and our server, Philip was outstanding. We always ask for him.Special Features:
- SuperlativemyrtlevalleyDined on 8/8/2014The food and service were wonderful. We had the chef's special, which was a red snapper and it was amazing. For dessert we had the coconut pie, one piece was enough for two people.Special Features:
- The best couponBeachsingDined on 8/7/2014I purchaed an online coupon for dining at Silo 1604 because I know the restaurant to be top notch and one of the best dining options on the north side of San Antonio. My husband and I didn't really have a special occasion to celebrate, but dined there and had a fabulous meal with truly excellent service.Special Features:
- Luke was greatjwalkersVIPDined on 8/5/2014All the service was great by all staff, and the food was some of the best in SA
- Deluxe DiningwellfedDined on 8/4/2014Silo Elevated Cuisine is my first choice for any special occasion. As a senior citizen, I appreciate being able to converse with my tablemates without having to shout over the restaurant noise. The waitstaff is extremely courteous and attentive. Needless to say, the food is excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great DinnerawesomeDined on 8/1/2014great food .. it looks and it tastes right away , that there is a lot of effort and technique into every dish !!Special Features:
- Great WaitstaffoldmanbellVIPDined on 8/1/2014We were a little early for our reservation. My wife noticed the prix fixe menu (about to expire) and the waiter was most accommodating. We had a great dinner (being over 39 - eating a little less) with portions appropriate for the diners. We were seated with an overview of the restaurant and those coming to the restaurant. Made for a great evening and look forward to our next time at the Silo!Special Features:
- Excellent as alwaysFoodloverDined on 8/1/2014I love to take friends there for their first visit because they always love it. This time our friends chose the swordtail which had a beautiful presentation and they both said it was wonderful. I had the rosemary chicken like I always do and it is consistently a good choice. I am very appreciative of the excellent service, wonderful food and ambience. Having moved to the area just a few years ago from Dallas, this is the best San Antonio restaurant I have found so far!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary TreatOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/31/2014We have dined at Silo before, and knew that the food, wine, and atmosphere would be perfect. Silo did not disappoint - everything was superb! All the boxes were checked and we had a great time! Thank you Silo!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary TreatamateurfoodieDined on 7/30/2014I looked at many restaurants, but the menu always brought me back. Everything from cocktails to dessert was fantastic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner at Silo's 1604SiloafficionadoDined on 7/29/2014We usually choose Silo's for a special event. This time we went to celebrate our 47th wedding anniversary. It was a fine evening, with a prompt, courteous, friendly greeting at the entrance, excellent service by the wait staff, and fine food. What more could you ask for? We like to take out of town visitors to Silo's as well. They are always impressed.Special Features:
- RobRobLDined on 7/28/2014Silo always delivers! The service is the best. I have been to other upscale restaurants that have great food but always seem to lack on the service end. The Sea Bass was cooked to buttery perfection! Silo was a perfect coice to celebrate my Anniversary. Thanks guys!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingTreyHDined on 7/28/2014The entire experience was great! My wife is pregnant and had to have her duck cooked well-done - the chef did it masterfully!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Reliably good food and experiencesTexasSourdoughVIPDined on 7/26/2014Silo is IMO the most reliable good restaurant in San Antonio. This experience lived up to that perception. We had a spectacular salad with grilled peaches and goat cheese follwed by a crabcake and shrimp for my wife and the lamb tenderloin for me. Both were very good. We ordered wine by the glass. A good experience and recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ChasBDined on 7/26/2014The food was amazing. We went early but decided not to use the prix fixe menu. The presentation and combination of textures and flavors was definitely gourmet quality. Well worth the money - may new favorite place for a special night out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/26/2014Great place for dining. Food excellent, service was superb, great selection of wines, would highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:
- Always Top notchCaboDaveDined on 7/26/2014We have had a great experience every time at the 1604 location. Been there most times in the dining room but stopped by for happy hour in the bar and the food was great there too and served quite quickly even with the Bar packed. Friendly staff and happy patrons. Will return for sure.Special Features:
- Very Nice But Wine Way OverpricedDocCloverVIPDined on 7/25/2014Our food, service and atmosphere were all outstanding. I totally understand that all good restraurants mark up their wines, but, frankly, their wine prices were offensive. As one example, to charge $221 for a $57 (retail price) bottle of Silver Oak from Alexander Valley was insulting. Other than that, the meal was great.Special Features:
- A Night to RememberOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/25/2014Thank you so much for an amazing dinner! From the minute we walked in the door and saw Ellen and then Mollie, I felt very special and more importantly my cousins did! The food was to die for. as I expected. The Scallop and Pork Belly BLT Gary made for us was ridiculous! The Fig and Proscuitto Salad was just as I dreamed it would be! The White Chocolate and Raspberry Tart that Brian made, Please! Jacob was beyond amazing! He was just the right amount of charming, teasing and just overall adorable. My cousin/namesake said she will never forget the evening and I couldn't ask for more! The wine was perfect and the shots for her birthday were tasty and made her feel very special. Most of all I felt very loved and I thank you all for that!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- IncredibleFundayFoodDined on 7/24/2014Not much else to say. Adam was an incredible server and chef Brian never fails to impress. With top notch food and great service, you can't go wrong. I highly recommend this restaurant for romantic outings.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.