Siena - Providence
238 Atwells Ave
Providence, RI 02903Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Siena - Providence
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.sienari.com/
- Phone: 4015213311x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm (Bistro Menu 10:00pm - 11:00pm), Friday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm (Bistro Menu 11:00pm - 12:00am), Saturday: 4:30pm - 11:00pm (Bistro Menu 11:00pm - 12:00am), Sunday:3:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Anthony Tarro
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from Siena - Providence
Located in the heart of Providence's Federal Hill, Siena - Providence was opened in 2005 and features authentic Tuscan cuisine in a warm and lively atmosphere.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Siena - Providence - Best Restaurants in Providence ›
Siena - Providence reviews from OpenTable diners
208 reviews since May 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (108)fit for foodies (104)neighborhood gem (84)romantic (75)notable wine list (60)hot spot (42)good for groups (38)vibrant bar scene (33)late-night find (13)great for outdoor dining (10)kid-friendly (7)great for lunch (4)great for brunch (4)scenic view (2)Show More
- Over RatedOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/18/2014This restaurant is very over rated. Food is fair at best. Both the menu and the wait staff misrepresent the actual meal served. Food quality poor. Short rib dish is over cooked two day old pot roast, over extremely over cooked and bland risotto. Calamari is not fresh, it is frozen product. Staff needs to be more attentive, waited very long periods for wine refills and clearing of dishes.
- Anniversary DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/15/2014Absolutely perfect. Nothing compares to the food and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/15/2014Each time I go to Sienna I have a wonderful experience. This is true at both of the locations I have been to. I would highly recommend it as a stand out on Federal HillSpecial Features:
- NanaDined on 9/14/2014We were so pleased to find this restaurant! My husband had the meatball appetizer, and just enjoyed every lick! The portion was huge! I had the fresh fig and prosciutto salad- superb! For entrees, my husband had a luscious veal chop and I had saltimbocca! My husband is very hard to impress, but he thought it was outstanding. I also enjoyed every bite! They were both served with delicious farro and tender crisp green beans. perfect! It is a perfect place for us to dine before heading to trinity Rep! Valet parking and great martinis too!Special Features:
- noisy overbookedRickDined on 9/13/2014Our table was next to the bar which was noisy next to patrons standing and a high traffic area. I requested a table in the restaurant not the bar. Isn't that the purpose of a res? Told I had to wait 1 hour. We left with not even a apology. A big disappointment.
- Way Too Loud!OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/13/2014Although the service and menu selection were excellent, the noise level grew to the point where one could hear anything one's dining companion said. It certainly detracted from the enjoyment of what was probably a delicious meal. This occurred in the front room early Saturday evening. Cannot imagine how much louder it must have gotten as the evening wore on. Servers should receive hazardous duty pay! Too bad they cannot be issued ear protection gear!
- Amazing food, amazing service!willworkforcakeDined on 9/12/2014My fiance and I came here for a nice dinner in the city and was not disappointed. We were a little early for our reservation so we had a drink by the bar to wait. The kitchen has an open view area and we were in awe at how in sync they were and how quickly everything was produced! Every dish they were bringing out looked incredible. We were seated on time and we had the little necks on the crustini for an appetizer. It melted in my mouth! For the entree, my fiancee had the Frutii de Marre and he loved it! Ihad the Lobster Mac & Cheese and could have died in peace right there. Our waiter was super nice & the drinks were really well mixed. If I had to pick one thing we didn't love completely, it was pretty loud when we first got there. LOVE!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SO SOOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/12/2014Calamari and crabcake appetizers were not good -bland. Meal was good. Dessert portions too huge. Very loud atmosphere and the air conditioning was way too coldSpecial Features:
- FabulousDeloresDined on 9/12/2014We're from Massachusetts and love the north end of Boston and the wonderful Italian restaurants there. My first time to Federal Hill and first to Siena Restaurant. The food there was fabulous, just as good as what we're used to in the north end of Boston. There were four of us, and we had cocktails, appetizers, wine, main course, coffee and dessert. We all loved everything. Definitely go back again.Special Features:
- married1italianDined on 9/9/2014Food: outstanding each visit. Service: outstanding each visit. Noise: very noisy in front room. A/C: much too cool. Tables: too close.Special Features:
- Sure betMarkDined on 9/7/2014From the Martinis through appetizers, main course and the fabulous dessert, we loved our experience. The service was professional and friendly. Prices are reasonable. Siena is a good value and is not to be missed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious Federal Hill gemOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/7/2014There are plenty of Italian restaurants to choose from on Federal Hill, but we loved Siena for its cozy warm ambience and more "nouvelle" approach to Italian food. The Puglia salad (arugula, roasted beets, walnuts, burrata cheese) was outstanding, and the swordfish with caper sauce was absolutely delicious. We didn't have any pasta or pizza...but we'll be back. Service was good—attentive but not oppressive.Special Features:
- Excellent Italian FoodlongbrkkDined on 9/6/2014We are multiple repeat customers and can vouch for the consistant quality of the food, service. During the many visits to Federal Hill, no matter what time of the year, this establishment is jammed packed and for good reason. The food is OUTSTANDING! Worth more than the prices on the menu if you are accustomed to great Italian Cuisine.Special Features:
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/6/2014Service, food and ambience! I had lobster stuffed sole, my husband had the seafood pasta special and we finished with a chocolate bread pudding that was the best! Will go back next visit to providence!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent & renownedOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/5/2014Food was excellent, service too. Wins awards for the right reasons.Special Features:
- Amazing Food!love2eatDined on 8/31/2014When we first walked in I thought it was a little noisy, but we were seated at a table in the back and it was perfect. This was definitely the best dinner of our vacation. Our appetizers, calamari and the baked eggplant parmesan were amazing, the entrees of veal chop and shrimp with risotto were excellent and for dessert we had the chocolate bread pudding that was to die for! Highly Recommend!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Federal Hill mustOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/31/2014We have been to Federal Hill many times and had not had the pleasure of eating here before but we will definitely make it a priority to make sure we make reservations ahead of time. There was a lot to choose from on the menu and the specials were to outstanding.Special Features:
- ktcmomof4Dined on 8/31/2014We went on a Sunday afternoon for a family birthday. My only complaint was it got too cold from the A/C and we couldn't stay for dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious meal.experienceddinerDined on 8/30/2014Our dinner was delicious with everything very fresh and flavorful: Puglia and Fragole salads, swordfish, seared tuna, and a wonderful tiramisu. The portions were generous Our server was friendly and helpful. Quite a hopping scene. If you want a quiet place to dine this is not it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Federal Hill VirginTutiaTavolaAMangiareDined on 8/29/2014Our first time at Federal Hill, Siena along with many other restaurants came highly recommended. Truth be told I picked Sienna because of the tufted red velvet high back booth LOL. The service was the most spectacular we've ever had. Karen was our server and she is amazing. Very knowledgeable about the menu, the wine and the neighborhood and gave us great recommendations for places to check out. The hospitality at Federal Hill blows Boston's North End away (sorry Bawston peeps)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great eveningBarbDined on 8/25/2014Great food-great service in this Federal Hill gem, albeit a little noisy! It was fully booked when we were there and most of the other restaurants on the street were empty. The food was fabulous-best Caesar salad ever- pasta done to perfection. Reasonably priced and a fun place if you don't mind a little noise from all the happy diners. Dining outside available but right on street so we chose inside.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Somewhat disappointedKatersT3Dined on 8/24/2014I suggest requesting the dining room in your reservation if this is a special occasion as we were seated in a very loud bar area with a television. We could barely hear our server. Our server was great and the food was good, but not exceptional. The pasta fagioli was more like a bowl of beans than a soup, but had decent flavor. The crab cakes were very good. But my Chilean sea bass tasted less than fresh and our side of asparagus was cold and overcooked. I recommend Pan e Vino over Siena any day of the week.Special Features:
- Service great, food just averageDMB120Dined on 8/23/2014We started with an artichoke appetizer that had dense stuffing yet somehow was under seasoned and did not come together for us. The rest of our meal was just average, maybe we didn't order their signature items but we did not leave feeling like we wanted to return to try something else.
- Can't beat itkaitelizsweenDined on 8/22/2014Always a pleasure dining here! The consistency and quality of the food is unbeatable.Special Features:
- service was very slowOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/21/2014Like thd place when we are in Providence, but this time...waited too long for allSpecial Features:
- Great Dinner!cmn613Dined on 8/21/2014My husband and I decided to celebrate our 25th wedding anniversary in Providence, RI. After reading over several reviews of Siena Providence, we decided to make a reservation here. We were not disappointed at all. The food was excellent as well as the service. We live in the NY area and have many excellent restaurants. This was a definite recommendation to anyone who wants good food and service.Special Features:
- Nice dinnerEnjoyableDined on 8/20/2014This was our first experience at Siena. The occasion was our 37th wedding anniversary. We made reservations, arrived on time and were seated immediately. Our server was very attentive, had great food and wine knowledge and made recommendations. The food was delicious and fairly priced. The only drawback were the people seated nearby who were rather loud. The evening was very pleasant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable eveningCherVIPDined on 8/20/2014Met friends and enjoyed crab cake appetizer, veal santimboca, shrimp with risotto. I'd highly recommend all. Bar scene was hopping but we sat in back room. Dark but quiet for conversation. Service was excellent. Overall great experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not happyStaffDined on 8/19/2014Our waitress was not very friendly and a bit abrupt. We watched other patrons receive silverware with each course. We didn't even have enough silverware. We had guests arrive at our table for a few minutes and at that moment the waitress wanted to take our order - really?Special Features:
- Amazing, Once AgainRogerTDined on 8/15/2014This is our second time at Siena Restaurant. The first time was amazing and the second time was just as good. Great bar area and cocktails. The bartenders were very friendly. Our waiter was great. The menu is perfect because it is not 5 pages long. The food is very fresh. I don't usually get meatballs at a restaurant but they have a meatball appetizer with fresh ricotta that is unbelievable. Overall, Siena is outstanding. Can't wait to go back to Providence so I can eat at Siena again.Special Features:
- Sienna has it allKrainbowDined on 8/15/2014The rustic Italian food ,the ambiance and the service were all excellent. We will go back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special nightbostonmike23Dined on 8/12/2014Brought my fiancé here after popping the question. They accommodated us beautifully for such a special occasion. Thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wasn't disappointed.OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/12/2014Started with the gigantic meatball. It was very tasty. It weighs 16 ounces; we took half of it home. Next was a golden-beet arugula salad. Nicely executed. Our entrees were the Tagliatelle with Bolognese and the Rigatoni. Both were excellent. The Bolognese was a bit heavy on the oil, but had a great flavor. We noticed that Siene was one of the few restaurants to be busy on a Tuesday night. We could tell from the food why that is.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 8/9/2014I happened upon this restaurant and what a great find! The food was delicious - I had a wonderful beet salad followed by veal - the presentation was great and taste divine. Our waitress Karen was knowledgeable and excellent! I recommend for everyone to try this find!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome staff, foodLoveToDineOnHillDined on 8/8/2014It was our first time eating in Providence and it was delicious!! Our waitress was very personable and took the time to provide us with exceptional service. It was a very relaxing and romantic atmosphere. The food was delicious and very tasty. We will definitely go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingdisappointedDined on 8/8/2014Not because the food or service was bad in any way; only because I had such high hopes. I had heard that Siena was supposed to be, hands down, the best Italian restaurant in Providence. However, what my family and I received was...just good. Not outstanding, just very good. The meatball appetizer was outstanding, as was the Bolognese. However, the short rib entree was just okay and the Saltimbocca was tasteless. I expected one of the best Italian meals of my life, and I feel like what I received I could have gotten at any other restaurant in Federal Hill. If I can't get a reservation at Siena, I would have no problem eating anywhere else, if the food is basically the same, if not better, elsewhere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrific!AwesomeDined on 8/3/2014Food was authentic Italian, and delicious! Short ribs over a creamy risotto were tender, flavorful, exceptional, tagliatelle was best I've had. We are planning another trip to providence so we can eat there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrific reataurantbandd101Dined on 8/2/2014This is my favorite restaurant on Federal Hill. Food, service and ambiance are second to none. Sienna is a gem, don't think twice visit it today.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Choices - Good Flavor at Sienajcolby6Dined on 8/2/2014Siena is a great spot on Federal Hill for Italian food and seafood, but with plenty of choices to satisfy those with a taste for something other than Italian. I really enjoyed the crab and shrimp pappardelle, while my wife enjoyed the Bolognese. Our friends enjoyed the pork chop and the seafood medley, and everyone enjoyed their meal, which were all flavorful and fresh. There is something for everyone at Siena.Special Features:
- Great food and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/2/2014I've chosen Siena for my last 4 special occasions and have not been disappointed. Great food and service. I wish I had the time and money to fine there more often. Hats off to the chefs for preparing such great food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.