Severance Restaurant and Case Club
11001 Euclid Ave
Cleveland, OH 44106Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Severance Restaurant and Case Club
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://clevelandorchestra.com/
- Phone: 2162317373
- Hours of Operation:
Case Club: Monday - Thursday: 11:30am - 1:30pm, Friday: 12:00pm - 2:00pm.
Sunday Matinee: 12:00pm - 3:00pm.
Dinner: Concert Season: Thursday: 4:30pm - 7:30pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 8:00pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Michael Smith
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Full service catering is available by Marigold Catering for social and corporate events. Severance Hall is recognized nationally as one of Cleveland's historic signature buldings. The building's exquisite spaces are rented by a wide variety of local organizations for meetings, dinners, receptions, weddings and social events. Premium dates are available. Call the Facility Sales Office at 216-231-7420 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Private Party Facilities: The Terrace Room can be rented for private parties on a space available basis. Call the Facility Sales Office at 216-231-7420 for information.
- Cross Street: East Boulevard
- Public Transit: The Health Line RTA bus stops less than a block from Severance Hall.
- Parking: Private Lot
- Parking Details: Parking is available in the Campus Center Garage at the East Boulevard entrance to Severance Hall. There is a charge for parking which can be purchased in advance. Call the Ticket Office at 216-231-1111.
A word from Severance Restaurant and Case Club
Severance Restaurant and Case Club features contemporary American cuisine in an elegant setting, perfect for a quick bite before the concert, leisurely dinner, or even a custom-catered reception for a special event. Menus include a selection of prix-fixe menus consisting of four courses of seasonally appropriate and locally sourced ingredients. The restaurant also offers an eleven-seat bar and wine and craft beer list. Severance Restaurant is operated by Marigold Catering, a certified Green Caterer and voted Northeast Ohio's Best Offsite Caterer in 2012 and 2013. The Severance Restaurant is the site of the Case Club at Severance Hall which operates noon dining services during the school calendar year for Case Western Reserve University. A delicious lite menu and salad bar are offered at student-friendly prices.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Severance Restaurant and Case Club reviews from OpenTable diners
2 reviews since May 27, 2014
- Ambiance5Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (1)romantic (1)notable wine list (1)Show More
- First time may be my lastsuperfluouslyfriendlyDined on 5/20/2014Our server Chamile was not very attentive to my requests only to my date/friend. She probably assumed he was ordering for the both of us, but it is 2014 so that is a poor assumption to make. Not only did she hear us say that we wanted to order our meals a-la-cart but she also assumed that I wanted my food prepared the same way as my friend. I have a very specific diet that I follow with no butter or oil and because we were in a hurry I did not send my food back that was covered in butter, oil and sauce. The food was excellent, but I would not recommend this restaurant because of the service! I have severed for many years in the past and this would not be the way I treated my guests.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner Before the SymphonycavemanIIIDined on 5/17/2014The Severance Restaurant is a pleasant prelude for your evening at the symphony. Your choices are limited, but the price is reasonable (about $50). The appetizers were particularly enjoyable. The diners were not young this evening, but the staff was not stuffy. Your surroundings are nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Convenient and tasty but priceyMaganddaveDined on 5/16/2014Went before a family performance so there were lots of kids. Menu is very limited. There was a delicious bread board with olives, artichokes, pickles and pate, a salad, 3 options for entree, and 2 desserts to choose from for $40. Kids could choose between Mac and cheese and chicken fingers for $10. The food reminded me of good wedding food. I enjoyed my salmon, the potatoes were a little cold, the dessert was good and the salad was 95% lettuce. It's a nice space and the staff was attentive and friendly. I wish they had more ala carte options.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too pricey!PidgeDined on 5/10/2014Although the salad and entree were good, the strawberry rhubarb pie tasted like something wrapped in plastic and sold at speedway. The prix fixe was WAY over priced! Could have gotten the same meal with a better dessert elsewhere for 2/3 the cost at most. Only advantage is that it's convenient for symphony concerts
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/8/2014The last two times we have been there service has been very slow . We have sat down an hour and fifteen minutes before concert time and had to rush through desert (offering to have it boxed) in order to get seated on time . Also this last time our drinks before dinner were not brought until dinner . Different people other than our server , who was attentive , were bringing our food and they would come in the room , look around , and then go back in the kitchen probably to recheck the table # . It was clear they were confused as to where orders were supposed to be deliverd
- Severance is SpecialRoadrunnerDined on 5/8/2014If you're attending an event at Severance, treat yourself by dining here beforehand. Elegance and beautifully prepared, wonderful tasting food at a very fair price. Note that the menu is prix fixe, so it offers a much narrower choice than you may be used to. But the quality and value are well worth the limited choice. Even if you're not attending an event it is worth a visit.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/4/2014The Severance Reataurant is a convenient place to eat when attending a concert. The food is presented by Marygold Catering, which is an improvement from the previous Sammy's. The food was creative but somewhat overpriced. The space is in need of decorative upgrading w/some lighter colors as there is not much day light in the dinning room from one wall of windows.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Speed and qualityTJMaxVIPDined on 5/2/2014The fact they are faced with getting you in and out in time for the show is key. They offer a fix menu with bread plate, salad, main dish choices are fish, meat and vegetarian choice followed by desert, $40. Over all a good deal, we both had the fish and it was fantastic! I would go back again.
- Pleasantly SurprisedFridays7fanDined on 5/2/2014Our last visit was disappointing - food mediocre and high priced. Now under new catering management. Food was good with very good service - attentive and knowledgeable. Not moderately priced but represents good value overall. Makes concert attendance convenient and hassle free.Special Features:
- Great before orchestra concertSnmoVIPDined on 5/1/2014We went for dinner before going to the Cleveland orchestra concert. That was just the perfect place to go. Very good food, excellent service and already located in severance building.Special Features:
- Severance DiningSunnytimesVIPDined on 4/25/2014We, as well as our guests, enjoyed our delicious meals at Severance Restaurant. Our server was exceptionally pleasant, cordial & professional. We were served promptly allowing us to enjoy another exceptional performance by the Cleveland Pops Orchestra. Dining here makes for a lovely, relaxing evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- April 25, 2014DellDDined on 4/25/2014Bread and salads were fine. Main course disappointed, especially the potatoes. Dessert was OK. Expensive for the overall quality.Special Features:
- bobjoeDined on 4/25/2014Classic restaurant with excellent service and only fair food quality.I would recommend this to a friend.
- before performance conveniencepostDined on 4/24/2014This resturant is in a beautiful perfromance hall. There was a very limited menu, possibly due to the schedulig of the evening performance. The menu selections were disapointing as there were only three entrees. The taste and presentation was fair at best and costly. This was not a good value, but it was convenient. This would be fine for before or after performance drinks, but I would not reccomend this resturant based on its food.
- Opportunities for improvementDisappointedDined on 4/22/2014The menu selections were very limited and the portion sizes were very small. The small amount of marigold bread and odd variety of spread was not worth the effort to place on the wood. The food presentation was nice, but the food was not worth the cost. The polenta was cold, yet the meat was very hot. I couldnt taste the salad dressing, so the salad was dry. We were seated near the kitchen. It was difficult to enjoy the atmosphere as there was constant racing back and forth from the kitchen to the dining room.
- Dinner at Severance HalllovetheredDined on 4/12/2014It was a busy night at Severance Hall and service was slow and we felt rushed. There was a confusion at the beginning and there was no table for us -- we had confirmed reservations for four. They did accommodate us. Although it took a while before we were served drinks, they eventually came and dinner was fine.Special Features:
- Refused serviceasdfDined on 4/11/2014I WAS REFUSED SERVICE. WITH A RESERVATION. NOT WASTING MY TIME AGAIN.
- convenient but overpricedmusicloverDined on 4/10/2014very convenient for dining before the concert; service was excellent and there was no problem finishing with ample time before the concert; the food was very good and well prepared; $40 is too expensive, however. When Sammy's charged $40 for the buffet, that was somewhat overpriced, but you expect to pay a premium for the convenience of dining at Severance before the concert. I was OK with paying $40 for the buffet. But portions were a bit small for $40. Severance Restaurant should bring back the buffet. If they don't want to do that, then they should significantly reduce the price.
- Great for Concert GoersRobdDined on 4/10/2014The experience and food were perfect prior to attending a concert at Severance Hall.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pre-concert dinnerEBARDined on 4/10/2014This was our first experience here since Sammy's was in charge. I can only comment on pre-concert dinners. There was no buffet, which was welcome - we are light eaters. The menu was limited to three choices - meat, fish, or vegetarian. The meat this time was braised short ribs - wonderful. The starter was a charcuterie board with breads, cheese, artichokes and pate. This was followed by salad, entree and choice of 2 desserts - chocolate cake or fruit tart with custard. Service was quick - it didn't take any longer than it would have with the buffet. Our reservations were for 5:45, we were a little late but were still out before 7:00 for a 7:30 concert.Special Features:
- SurprisedfoodieDined on 3/29/2014We were very disappointed with our dining experience. No longer the good buffet, we had 3 choices, non of which my husband wished for. The wines were very pricey. The meager meal was also very expensive. Let's up the quality. Severance is a lovely destination before an event.Special Features:
- The service was excellentOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/27/2014The service was excellent as was the food. The staff went out of their way to help my wife and I celebrate our 44th wedding anniversary. It couldn't have been better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- horible foodcinnamonDined on 3/27/2014Food was not fresh. The meat and steamed vegetables were old and soup was not on the menue. Very low food options.
- Pre-Pop's DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/15/2014The Severance Restaurant was the perfect place to dine with friends before going to the Pop's performance. You could not ask for a better location. The atmosphere is perfect for dinning with friends. I cannot say more for the employees and staff. They were friendly. knowledgeable, and professional. You could not ask for a better meal. From the combination of flavors, color and presentation, it was just first class.Special Features:
- Good food & convenient to SeveranceSunnytimesVIPDined on 3/15/2014We love the convenience to Severance Hall and the ambience. The food is very good and the service is excellent. It is a great value. Dishes are on the rich side and our preference is for simpler recipes as it was when it was Sammy's.Special Features:
- Before the ConcertMollyDined on 3/7/2014This was an excellent choice before seeing The Cleveland Orchestra. The staff was very efficient in seeing that we got our drinks and food courses in before the concert started, without us feeling rushed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- reviewDonotwishtoprovideDined on 3/7/2014Food was good. Servers seemed to be overworked. Interestingly my table was served before the one next to me much to the consternation of those sitting at the table. The fact that the table next to us was served so late was a distraction for the entire meal. Otherwise meal would have been OK. I suppose one bad meal ruins the experience for others.
- Friday at 7NativeClevelanderDined on 3/7/2014Love having a good dining option in the gem that is Severance Hall prior to the concert. New pre fixe menu (versus the former buffet) helpful to keep everyone on schedule and also enjoy being served. Good selection of meat fish veg. Though delicious, my fish was a bit dry, a minor complaint. The bread and toppings before dinner were tasty and creative as was the salad. Friendly helpful service, and not surprisingly got a bit busy as the rush pressed on, so order early.Special Features:
- Great before a concertoneof4Dined on 3/6/2014The menu was price tixe with a choice of 3 entrees and 2 desserts. Appetizers were included and brought to the center of the table. Although all 4 of us had the same entree, it was exceptional and beautifully presented. Everyone dining there is going to the concert performance, so the waitstaff has no down time. They were friendly and efficient.Special Features:
- Fine DiningSunnytimesVIPDined on 3/6/2014We ordered the short ribs and they were delicious. We were running late. Our sever took our order quickly, served our meals promptly, and, got us to the concert on time. Our gratitude!Special Features:
- Wonderful Pre-Show MealStaciDined on 2/21/2014Loved the fixed menu....good selections...I had the ravioli which was absolutely delicious. Nice bread selections, tasty salad with cranberries, main dish was delectable (good to the last drop!) and the chocolate torte I had for dessert was perfectly sweet and a great finish to a good meal. We didn't feel rushed at all but we also didn't feel like we had to wait. Our server was readily available but didn't hover. We got there about 6:30 and were out about 7:45 in time for our 8pm curtain at Severance Hall. Perfect restaurant for a good dinner before a show. It was a bit expensive but we definitely enjoyed everything. Thanks!Special Features:
- Severance Hall RestauranthollyireneDined on 2/21/2014Excellent food, fast service and quiet ambiance. We enjoyed our dining experience very much and look forward to a return visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but not GreatKaminDined on 2/21/2014Food was excellently prepared and more on the gourmet side. With a $40 dinner price and VERY few choices, we found the menu very limiting. Sometimes a person would like just a salad or sandwich, but diners are limited to ordering the few choices on the short menu. Would rather see a buffet with a choice of smaller items for people who want a quick bite before concerts.Special Features:
- Excellen service, friendlyCmhawkinsDined on 2/16/2014Excellen service, friendly staff, great food, a great way to get ready for the concert!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Meal and service were veryOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/14/2014Meal and service were very good. Very convenient to Severance Hall.Special Features:
- OK for pre-concertOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/14/2014Pris-fix menu only! Very convenient for dining before concerts at Severance Hall, but you wouldn't go here for the food, which is average at best. Staff are friendly and competent, although bartender did not know what a French 75 cocktail was. For what you pay ($40 per person + drinks + tax and tip) you can do better almost anywhere else. Might be a good choice for dessert and coffee before the concert, rather than a whole meal.
- Severance GemPapa3x5Dined on 2/14/2014My wife and I ate here before Casablanca on Valentine's Day. Enjoyed the experience very much. It is so convenient when going to the concert. The food was delicious and we thought the Valentine menu was great! We would definitely come here again.Special Features:
- NEVER AGAINOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 2/8/2014FIRST CLASS PRICES , FOURTH CLASS RESULTS- SERVICE SLOW , MENU VERY LIMITED . OTHER THAN PATE AND BREAD FOOD VERY POOR.
- Food good Service amateurishNikoDined on 2/6/2014Our salads were forgotten, dishes weren't cleared as new items came to the table, we're not told about foods not on the menu but available, seating somewhat awkward. Main dishes were excellent (tuna and veal). So was the baby kale salad. 4 bears cab was good too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The soup and salad bar isDontEatDineVIPDined on 1/29/2014The soup and salad bar is very nice. I would recommend this restaurant for a proper but not too fancy lunch, if you are not in a hurry.I would recommend this to a friend.