Seasons 52 - San Diego
4505 La Jolla Village Drive
San Diego, CA 92122Neighborhood:
La Jolla / Golden Triangle
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Seasons 52 - San Diego
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.seasons52.com/
- Phone: 8584501252
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch Daily: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Lucy Cyr
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Entertainment: We feature live entertainment nightly at our piano bar.
A word from Seasons 52 - San Diego
Seasons 52 is a casually sophisticated fresh grill and wine bar that invites you to discover the sensational flavors of our seasonally inspired menu. At Seasons 52, you’ll enjoy a warm, welcoming ambiance with rich mahogany accents, custom built wine cellars, and lush greenery that create an air of casual sophistication. With an award-winning international wine list of over 100 wines, of which 52 or more are available by the glass, we will find the perfect match to complement your menu selection. Our restaurant is open for lunch and dinner daily, with extended hours on the weekend. We also feature live entertainment at our piano bar nightly. If you are searching for a place to host your event, look no further. Seasons 52 is the perfect setting for your private or semi-private event. We also feature a Chef’s table for smaller groups or more intimate settings. Together we will create the event of the season! For more information, visit our website at www.Seasons52.comContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Seasons 52 - San Diego - Best Restaurants in La Jolla / Golden Triangle ›
Seasons 52 - San Diego reviews from OpenTable diners
400 reviews since April 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
great for lunch (210)fit for foodies (188)special occasion (185)great for outdoor dining (135)good for groups (132)neighborhood gem (132)notable wine list (111)vibrant bar scene (106)romantic (85)hot spot (75)great for brunch (46)late-night find (30)kid-friendly (28)scenic view (4)Show More
- Great food without the caloriesDoveDined on 8/25/2014This is my favorite lunch spot. All the selections are gourmet delights yet under 400 calories each! I've always wished for a personal nutritionist and if this place could permanently cook for me, I'd reach my ideal weight without a problem. The interesting interior design adds to the ambiance and the best is left for last .... The bite size desserts. Perfect way to feel treated but not cheated.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome place for foodiesOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/24/2014I can't say enough good things about this place, sometimes it works just to be good at a few things vs. trying to please everyone. Menu has a nice selection of items and good variety that changes seasonally. I had an Ahi Tuna salad and it was perfect...portion size, quality were all top notch.Special Features:
- Good as always!Born2xDined on 8/23/2014No reason to stop going to this place... still the best healthy food in town!Special Features:
- Dinner was just okOpenTable Diner Since 2014VIPDined on 8/23/2014Jim and I ate at Seasons 52 in UTC on Saturday night. What a disappointment considering our last meal there was fantastic. I had the boneless trout (which was tasteless) and asparagus. Jim had the shrimp pasta, which was also tasteless. We ordered the kale Caesar salad, which was also tasteless. The only thing we liked was the brewed unsweetened tea. Our server, Danielle, was fantastic and she made sure my special dietary needs were met. But all in all, it was truly a disappointment and it will be a long time before we go back.Special Features:
- Great Addition to UTCgoodfoodwonoiseVIPDined on 8/22/2014Looking forward to returning to enjoy more of the creative menu. Appetizers perfect for late dining.Special Features:
- temper the noise and enjoy the foodcharlieVIPDined on 8/22/2014can there ever be a quiet restaurant. went for lunch and our choices from duck lettuce wraps to ahi stack to a ceasear with a lobster proved to be delightful. but the noise... energetic and loud, and we could hardly hear each other.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Looking for fresh & delicious foodMinouVIPDined on 8/22/2014I like this restaurant because the food seems always fresh. I had Branzino the other day and it was delicious prepared with Meyer Lemons.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing serviceTammyDined on 8/22/2014This was my 4th visit to Season's 52 and each experience is better than the last. The service is excellent and I love how they address our party by th name of the person who reserved the table, it's more personal. The ambience is warm and inviting, and the food is outstanding.Special Features:
- Great place to go before a movie.nanceverDined on 8/20/2014We went to this restaurant before going to a movie near by. We told our server and she made sure our food arrived promptly. Everything was very good, the side salad was huge! We'll be going here again!Special Features:
- Noise LevelmaturedinerDined on 8/20/2014The "Quiet" back room which I always request had an unacceptably LOUD--not "energetic" noise level. For many older customers from University City who dine at Seasons 52 in UTC the music should be VERY low or not piped into that back room at all. I was really disappointed, as our waitress turned the music down at our request when we arrived and someone turned up the volume within a few minutes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very tasty..JeffDined on 8/19/2014Great food which is under 500 calories. The menu is set on the left side but the right side is the seasonal dishes with specials as well. I've eaten there twice and I'm glad I found it. The service is solid and the menu varied. Good for people with restrictive diets too.Special Features:
- Always great!JeremyVIPDined on 8/18/2014My wife and I found this place on open table a year ago. We couldn't have been more tickled because its close, the food is farm to table (with a lot grown on-site), and its close to our house in an obscure location. Great selection with care taken from the chef on every selection. Definite must for a foodie.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It all comes down to service.BarbaraDined on 8/18/2014Maya was our waitress and she was Wonderful. Food is always great and we love your wine list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cozy ComfortSuzyVIPDined on 8/17/2014Surrounded by warm colors and dark wood, this restaurant feels like someplace up north like Seattle. Booths add to the luxurious feeling, and serial rooms are available to book ahead of time, for larger groups. Lunchtime weekdays is the business crowd, and families on weekends. A great destination restaurant or if in the UTC shopping Mall, why not dinner there too?Special Features:
- So Good!!!rgbcmykDined on 8/17/2014Our waitress, Michelle, was so friendly and knowledgeable! She took great care of us. The salmon was grilled to perfection, and the stuffed mushrooms were oh so good!Special Features:
- Surprise for a shopping centerSalzburgGuyDined on 8/16/2014I usually do not equate really fine food with a shopping center. However, we found the menu selection very good and the quality of the food excellent. The lamb we had was as good or better than fancier and more expensive restaurants. Waitress could not have been more attentive and personable. Allowed us to share entrées which was really appreciated. On the downside the place is big and the front room can get very noisy. We saw empty tables outside however we were told they were unavailable. By the way, we did have a reservation.? We sat in the back room and the noise level was acceptable. Will definitely return.Special Features:
- Always a pleasant mealTomasldoDined on 8/16/2014Above average food and spot-on service is a minimum requirement to get me to pay for a meal. Seasons 52 has yet to fail me. Food varies slightly from amazing to very good, depending on what you order and I guess who is plating the meals. Service is always excellent. If you get poor service at Seasons 52, you are the problem.Special Features:
- Never Fails to DelightSanDiegoRobertTDined on 8/16/2014We have a foursome that gets together once a week and we wanted to find a restaurant out of our normal digs and and treat ourselves to an evening of upscale food and casual elegance. I've been pleased every time I visited S52 in the past, so my choice to try it again with everyone was met with delightful satisfaction. Fine food does come at a price, so prepare to spend some money on the "good stuff". Leave some room for the desserts! (I usually get two)... The service was very good and our waiter was very personable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of our neighbor favoriteskel2caliDined on 8/15/2014The trout dinner is amazing! And the desserts are so cute in presentation, and very tasteful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HogwildTillseeUtodineDined on 8/15/2014Jose was a great waiter. The pace was nit rushed. Each wine selectuin was accimpanied by a test tast and bottle review. The chef introded speacils and pairings.Special Features:
- American GemSuzyVIPDined on 8/15/2014The decor wirh dark wood adds warmth and coziness in the large dining rooms. The friendly professional staff overwhelm with attentiveness. Oh yes, did I mention superb food?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- eateVIPDined on 8/14/2014we always love seasons and appreciated the birthday treats!Special Features:
- Happy HourOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/13/2014Went at 5pm for happy hour (it's until 6:30pm) and celebrated my boyfriend's birthday. The staff was super friendly! They knew before hand that we were celebrating and they gave us two champagne glasses and a birthday card. Very thoughtful.Special Features:
- Not a great fanOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/13/2014I hadn't been to Season's 52 in several months....last time at the Coasta Mesa location for a dinner (a good experience). Two days ago a friend suggested meeting at the la Jolla location for lunch. Reservation was bumped up in time (excellent). Patio was mostly in the hot sun....we moved to a shady table ( excellent ). Waitress was super nice and accommodating. Food was inferior!!! I ordered the vegetarian plate....quinoa was bland except for the cranberries...not the type of quinoa I know...more like wheat berries. Grilled veggies ie broccoli was under cooked. Taco was so so. My experience with most dishes are that they have good presentation, but small portions with large $$$.Special Features:
- Fun for BirthdayssdmargoVIPDined on 8/13/2014We were celebrating a special birthday and loved our special treatment by Ryan and Seasons 52!! We've already scheduled 3 other birthday celebrations with you for the rest of the yearSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very attractive productHelenaDined on 8/12/2014This was my friend's first visit to Seasons 52. She was very impressed with the lunch presentation of her Ahi tuna salad, which of course, was delicious, as always.Special Features:
- EclecticWisegirlDined on 8/12/2014Very noisy....good service....some choices of the menu are much better than othersSpecial Features:
- Season'spunkuscDined on 8/9/2014out go-to date night spot. always great food, atmosphere, and service.Special Features:
- Seasons 52happymonicaDined on 8/9/2014Excellent Service. Very Fresh tasty food! A bit noisy! Nice attention to B-days!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Return again and again!BalboafanDined on 8/8/2014I've been enjoying meals and happy hour at Seasons 52 for quite awhile now and it never disappoints. I appreciate the courteous service and the tasty food.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/8/2014The best place in UTC area. Everything is convenient, from its location and proximity to our office, ambience, parking, food and service. Desserts are irresistible and to die for. Staff are very professional and make everything as perfect as possible. Well-thought of additional service by providing a complimentary valet parking especially during lunch rush.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Helthy ChoicefurbrainDined on 8/7/2014Seasons 52 is a great restaurant to take friends, business associates or anyone you want to impress with a healthy, delicious meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently goodAQTuckerDined on 8/6/2014I have eaten at this restaurant multiple times and never been disappointed. Always a consistent pick for an excellent meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Change it upVoraciousVVIPDined on 8/6/2014I treated my BFF to lunch for her birthday.it was her first time. I have been to both locations (UTC and Headquarters) many times since they opened. Anna was our server. She was excellent! Attentive enough, but didn't hover. We ordered a bottle of wine and she didn't try to fill our glasses every 5 minutes. BFF and I both ordered the vegetarian tasting dish. While it was very good, and BFF loved it, I wish they would change it up, PLEASE!!!--or add another vegetarian entree option. Seasons offers veg side dishes but most are the same ones on the tasting dish. I probably won't be going back for awhile as I just cannot do the same dish again. Oh! They treated us to a dessert and champagne to celebrate!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very DisappointedFabulousVIPDined on 8/5/2014We usually come here almost every week....but for some reason this week, the service was horrible...and they could not get my order right if their lives depended on it.....and mine did as I have severe food allergies..... Yes, they took my meal off the bill and paid for the desserts, but I was still non-the-less disappointed. The waitress was totally non-functioning. She really came back after the drinks were served, only to bring the delicious desserts around......we had to wait and find people running past to help us with our issues. We hope to never be sat in her section again.....Special Features:
- typically efficientDrDMDined on 8/5/2014Make a reservation. Always busy around the dinner hour. Noisy inside but a patio allows one to avoid that if desired. The food is typically good and delivered in a timely manner. Strangely the wait help was unorganized on our last visit (patio seating). Having said that we were able to dine and depart as needed to enjoy the balance of the evening.Special Features:
- Food & Wine were quite goodfatoldbroadDined on 8/3/2014Went here with 2 friends (total of 3) after a play at La Jolla Playhouse, and was pleasantly surprised at how good and convenient it is.Special Features:
- Great service and food!Scotty23538Dined on 8/3/2014The service we received is top notch. Menus change regularly so we never get the same thing but it's all delicious. You get full so having the small dessert cups are perfect to get a taste without feeling like a glutton in the end.Special Features:
- Always Reliable for a Great Meal!lightstarDined on 8/2/2014We have always have a great meal and good service at this restaurant. It never disappoints!
- Horrible food. Worst meal in SDOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/2/2014Haven't had a meal this bad in a very long time. Ruined our date night.