Sazon - Santa Rosa
1129 Sebastopol Rd.
Santa Rosa, CA 95407Neighborhood:
PeruvianPrice: $30 and under
Sazon - Santa Rosa
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://sazonsr.com/
- Phone: (707) 523-4346
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: M-F 11:00am-2:30pm
Lunch: Sa-Su 11:00am-4:00pm
Dinner: M-F 5:00pm-8:30pm
Dinner: Sa-Su 4:00pm-8:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Latin American, Peruvian, South American
- Executive Chef: Pedro Sulub
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Counter Seating, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Sazon-Santa Rosa welcomes your private event! We can accommodate parties up to 20 for wedding rehearsals, birthday dinners and other private events. Let our family make your event a cherished memory.
- Private Party Contact: Jose Navarro 8885997756
A word from Sazon - Santa Rosa
Say "sah-ZAWN" when you say Sazón, the new Peruvian restaurant in the Roseland neighborhood of Santa Rosa. You"re just as likely to say, "Wow!" or "Ahhhh!" or even "M-mmm!" because Sazón will delight you with authentic dishes of Peru. Ají amarillo the most important ingredient in Peruvian cooking. The Navarro family — father and two sons — who operate Sazón don't cater to the timid American palate by stinting on this hot pepper or others in their sauces. They are blazing hot, just like at home in Peru. To sum up: Real Peruvian food has come to Sonoma County and it's wonderful!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
- Diners' Choice WinnerPeruvian
Sazon - Santa Rosa - Best Restaurants in Santa Rosa ›
Sazon - Santa Rosa reviews from OpenTable diners
92 reviews since July 23, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (72)fit for foodies (71)great for lunch (28)special occasion (14)hot spot (12)romantic (8)good for groups (5)kid-friendly (5)great for outdoor dining (3)great for brunch (2)notable wine list (2)late-night find (2)scenic view (1)Show More
- Second time in less than a week. OutstandingrusrivermanDined on 11/17/2014Came back for the Rotisserie Chicken in Peruvian spices and the Talpia Ceviche spicy and fresh. This is really a great little restaurant in an unexpected location.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food is deliciously differentplauer4Dined on 11/15/2014Peruvian cuisine is an amazing alchemy of South American and European cultures. The fact that there is asian, specifically Japanese influences thrown into that mix makes it all the more interesting , not to mention fantastically delicious! Sazon's creations with seafood are alone reason to go there, but everything else on the menu is just as wonderful. We love all of their ceviches. With each visit we are planning our next, gotta try it all!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious, noisyBetsySonomaDined on 11/13/2014Loved the food, staff, small restaurant but the noise level is beyond energetic if you want to talk across the table. Such a successful restaurant, I hope they find a bigger venue with perhaps some acoustical consulting or a few quiet spaces.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still Great Food 2 years later.rusrivermanDined on 11/11/2014I first visited Sazon when they first opened and found the food inventive and excellent at reasonable prices. Today two plus years later, it still is very good and didn't disappoint. While their prices have gone up just a bit it's still all very good, they hit was the ceviche styled shrimp with Mango spicy sauce. Unfortunately the Rotisserie Chicken was out that night still my favorite menu entree. I chose another appetizer that always I love a potato stack with avocado, crab and three yummy spicy sauces. Overall still a great dinner.Special Features:
- Just good & tasty foodFoodieDined on 11/8/2014Food was delish. It was loud, the place is small but all I really care about is the quality of food. Service was slow but super friendly & had a great vibe. I really enjoyed my meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very goodMarianaDined on 11/7/2014Very good is really yummy !!! my husband, sons and I feel happy with the food and service. I think return soon :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Complex,soul nurturingElderishDined on 11/6/2014Lucky you! So many choices maybe we could all just walk from table to table asking to share a spoonful here and there. Try the parihuela with your eyes closed. Ah. Comfortable solo dining overlooking the kitchen - you too can be that gal with the heavenly pisco sour.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great Peruvian EatsMiMiEatsDined on 11/5/2014Love its cozy and casual atmsphere, great food, and mellow service staff! Few small tables in a tiny and warm setting, open kitchen, you can see what they are doing, if it is your thing. Papa a la Huancaina with Spanish Cava is perfect combination! Lightly spicy "cheesy" salsa on yukon goes well with cava that gently excites the tongue. Big Peruvian corns, they are huge! I worked at a Peruvian restaurant in SF, I miss "the big corns" because it is the first ingredient of Peruvian food I learned, and they a easy find in Sazon's dishes. Love its Ceviche! Great price, extraordinary quality seafood. Love to go back soon!Special Features:
- A FavoriteOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/1/2014The owner is awesome and so friendly. The service excellent. The food is amazingly delicious. Every bite a symphony in my mouth. I wish I lived nearby I want to try all the dishes and I'm a picky eater. Everything is great! A romantic ambiance. They need a bigger space to serve all that want to eat here. Thank you for everything. You, your staff and the food they lovingly prepare are simply the best.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- hidden gemskylerrexDined on 11/1/2014Located next door to an out-of-business deli, I wasn't sure what were getting into when we drove up. But what this place lacks in curb appeal, it makes up for with the beautifully prepared dishes and personal service from the owner. The dining room is very small and the place was packed when we showed up at 6:30 on Saturday. Definitely need reservations if you don't want to wait out in the parking lot for a table to free up. It'd be worth the wait, tho...We tried the pollo a la brasa and the slow-roasted pork w/ beans and rice - both excellent! Our bottle of Dry Creek zin (Dashe) was perfect, and the prices were very reasonable. We will definitely be back - soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Must tryVALETINEDined on 10/31/2014Had heard good things about this restaurant. Used Open table to get same reservations same day. The Ceviche sampler was on point. Tried several dishes and shared with 3 people. Everything was very flavorful. Went on Halloween night(Friday) glad we had reservations. It is a little place so it fills up quick. Waitress and staff very attentive and extremely nice. I think this would be a great first date spot, definite must try.Special Features:
- Great food!OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 10/28/2014Small but stylish place but the food was AMAZING! I was up in the area and needed a place to take a BIG client to lunch and the food did not disappoint. Coming from the City and all the Peruvian food we have here I can honestly say I have not had better than Sazon!Special Features:
- nice surprise in Santa RosaSeanPDined on 10/27/2014I was just passing through Santa Rosa for one night on my way to Napa. I was not familiar with restaurants in the area as I am from Ct., so I looked at a few websites and focused on looking for something different than we'd see back East. We almost didn't find the place, but then turned around saw it was like a small pizza shop. The owner greeted us and sat us and explained the specials. We ordered some empanadas and fish tacos for an appetizer to share for four and then had a variety of entrees such as paella, fish stew, roasted chicken and had a nice bottle of reasonably priced wine and Peruvian beer. Everything was delicious and presented excellently. We all had a great time and were glad we chose this place. go!Special Features:
- Awesome!CopperDined on 10/24/2014What a wonderful restaurant! This is a Peruvian restaurant that is a great example of what happens when an owner / chef puts passion into his food. We were treated to about 75% of everything on the menu and we sent back empty plates every time. If you have the chance to try this one, you should!Special Features:
- Sazon is excellentOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/23/2014Sazon continues to surprise in all the right ways. Excellent service, very interesting food, quality ingredients. A good night of dining indeedSpecial Features:
- What a great place!IlvgfodDined on 10/18/2014This restaurant is the real thing, hand made food at its best. What a difference makes to have Jose the owner to be actively involved, have nothing more to ask for from every dish,all authentic Peruvian ,fresh and original . Loved the mango ceviche and my vegetarian curry, the four of us have all different dihes and sharing was a pleasure .we had a wonderful Viluko Cabernet source by Jose himself and finish with a couple of home made deserts baked by his mother, delicious! We will be backSpecial Features:
- Awesome Peruvian FoodDavidDined on 10/15/2014Tasty, tangy, spicy - describes everything the four of us ordered. The menu is kind of baffling - many choices, all unusual for most local folks until they've been there a few times. The food was really good, especially if you like spicy. Many vegetables with everything and veggie dishes. The fried bananas or plantains dessert was terrific. It happened to be the second to last game of the Giants' National League Series, the TV was one and spirits were high, so I don't really know what the everyday ambiance and noise level is like - I suspect pretty energetic all the time. The restaurant is Zagat AND Michelin awarded.Special Features:
- ScrumptiousGioconditaDined on 10/15/2014This was my second time at the restaurant and, again, I was not disappointed with the food or the service. I ordered some of the same things I had ordered the first time because I had enjoyed them so much! The Giants were playing (and winning) and the atmosphere was very festive and energetic. I will definitely go back many times.Special Features:
- Incredible food at amazing pricesOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/10/2014Owner is there and helping serve. The spotless stainless steel kitchen can be seen and as well as the food prep. It's small, usually crowded and reservations are recommended. We've never been disappointed by a single item.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodSebastopolwinoDined on 10/9/2014All the food was delicious and the presentation was excellent. They show a lot of pride in the creation and preparation of home-made recipes. A bit too noisy for me and the wine barrel chairs are uncomfortable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food for foodiesLyssieDined on 10/5/2014Sazon is a gem of a place. Everything was fresh and clearly home-made, with great use of herbs and spices so it all blended beautifully. Our service was super friendly and efficient. Next time I am in Santa Rosa, I will definitely visit Sazon again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exciting FlavorsOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 10/4/2014We took a group of 8 to Sazon for fun night out. No one had been there before. We all were pleasantly surprised. The ceviche was the hit of the appetizers, lots of spice, fresh fish, great presentation. The main dishes all met with approval. the Lomo Saltado was filling and tasty. Empanadas and Mussel specials were raved about. The real star of the evening was the chocolate torte with salted caramel ice cream. The best desert ever. We'll be back.Special Features:
- AliasbabsVIPDined on 10/3/2014I really enjoyed Sazon. The food was excellent and different. Prices were very good too. Loved my Pisco Sour.Special Features:
- Classis neighborhood gemparisDined on 9/30/2014My wife has always liked this restaurant a bit more than I, but they get points for quality food and friendly service. A nice, family-owned business. Peruvian food, for my money, is a bit on the bland side and they like their starches in combination. Seems like every dish has beans and rice or rice and potatoes of some sort. But their dishes are original and not like you find anywhere else. We never go there on a weekend because it's just too crowded, noisy and crazy. However, they are expanding into the space next door, so that should help.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A-mazing food!!LiveloveatVIPDined on 9/27/2014Food was incredible. We enjoyed several dishes and all tasted extremely well. Seasoned and executed perfectly. Service fell short on attentiveness and efficiency. I work in the industry and it doesn't take much to please me but I can spot FOH staff that impede on a restaurants productivity. It's def a tight space, not much room for comfort here. All I can remember is the reason I came was that I was hungry and the food was magnificent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious Peruvian CuisineJadeRioDined on 9/25/2014The menu reflected authentic Peruvian cuisine. The ceviche clasico, excellent, superb. We enjoyed our dinner and the quiet atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SebDDined on 9/19/2014I wanted to experience Peruvian cuisine. The site for this restaurant was impressive. We invited friends we wanted to talk to. We could not hear each other at all. The noise level was overwhelming. We had to shout at the waitress to order. It definitely took away from our experience. I would like to try some other entees, but will not return because of the noise level.Special Features:
- I LOVE SAZON!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/18/2014Sazon is Santa Rosa's hidden gem. Go to Sebastopol Road people!!! That's where the food is at :) The owner has such passion behind his restaurant, and it shines through the staff and the food. Simply the best!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently ExcellentWaileaEscapeDined on 9/18/2014This is a small restaurant with wonderful food in an out of the way neighborhood...but the word is out and even on a Thursday evening it is hopping. We always make early evening reservations. The ceviche is what I look forward to the most, but this time we also shared empanadas with flaky, light crusts. My favorite splurge is the offering of 3 of the ceviches for $25 (probably the most expensive thing on the menu), but so satisfying and flavorful. Service is always with a smile and the right amount of attention. The only downside of this restaurant is the noise level. At a table for 2 you must shout at each other and it is crowded and I must admit that you feel rushed to give up your table to others waiting.Special Features:
- Awesome Peruvian Treat!KevininNapaDined on 9/17/2014It was worth the drive from Napa to enjoy a delicious specialized Peruvian dinner. The owner came to greet us and knew who we were - and had read the special note I sent in advance, explaining that this special romantic night out. Great selection of starters, main dishes and dessert. My wife had a special fish entree, trout dish in a special sauce. She said it was delicious. The owner said there wouldn't be any bones, but my wife had to work around those pesky bones. I had the lomo, an absolutely delicious steak in a yummy tomato based sauce and the Pisco cocktail. We shared an amazing dark chocolate tort for dessert! Small place. Well worth price, great quality - and LOTS of food! My Ecuadorian wife felt like she was back home!Special Features:
- Peruvian DelightOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 9/16/2014We tried Sazon on a recommendation, and were not disappointed. It's a small place, not fancy, but nice decor for a strip-mall location. We were perusing the menu and marveling at the selections to our server (hello Jose!), and he pointed out a ceviche tasting option with three of the seven (or so) choices of ceviche from the menu. That was a great idea, we chose three, and they were all fantastic and completely different. My wife had the Paella (very nice) and I had a slow-braised pork dish with rice and beans that was tender and juicy. We will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a GREAT findCmackDined on 9/16/2014We were impressed by every aspect of dining at Sazon. The owner greeted us, remembered that it was my husband's birthday, explained the yummy Peruvian dishes, and made the experience a wonderful one. The food presentation was mouth-watering and the food itself scrumptious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodDivadadDined on 9/14/2014Wonderful Peruvian food which as a strong European influence. Service was attentive but one of our entrées arrived quite late howeverSpecial Features:
- Great CevicheJackieVIPDined on 9/6/2014Yummy food, especially the ceviche. I had the seabass special and my husband the empanadas [they are fried; not baked]. It is very small but well run eatery. Be sure to make reservations. Casual attire. We'll go back again. $10 corkage.Special Features:
- Great foodand reasonably priced!LindaVIPDined on 8/28/2014I had sea bass that was delicious with Lima bean mash and my husband had ahi tuna that was wonderful!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/22/2014This is a nice gem in an unassuming strip mall. Friendly service with amazing food. It's a small space so I would recommend a reservation if going on a Friday or Saturday night or at peek times.I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/22/2014Charming tiny restaurant with friendly, attentive service but found the food very disappointing.Special Features:
- Best Peruvian Food In Northern CADisappointedDined on 8/21/2014There were four of us and we shared 3 different kinds of ceviche all excellent. We saved the marinade from the Ceviche Classico had it put in shot glasses with a bit of pisco. The combination was fantastic. We also had the Papas Rellena which were a nice contrast to the Ceviche. For the main course we shared the salmon and the tuna specials. Both of which were excellent. For desert we had the chocolate tart and the Peruvian crème Brule a great finish to a great meal.Special Features:
- Sazon continues to impressRickCathDined on 8/17/2014We remember when Sazon first opened several years ago and we found the cuisine very tasty and fresh. After having a family reunion group go there recently, we are pleased to report that the ceviches sparkle, the tang of the causa limena delights, and the variety of entrees is amazing. We have been to several SF Peruvians and only Piqueo's compares for food quality and neighborhood authenticity. We look forward to our next outing at Sazon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A-maxing!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/13/2014We loved it! The food was incredible, the service was excellent. Super fresh ingredients put together in such a beautiful way. Presentation was also great. How did we not know about this!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.